As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

N64 and resulting tragedy

y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theoristthe Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
edited September 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
so I just got Mario Tennis for N64, was looking forward to playing it with friends tonight, when the picture starts flickering between color and black and white. Jiggling stuff doesn't fix it, so I move to another TV. Looks great - for 10 seconds, then loses all picture. When I turn on the N64, I still hear sound, just get static as a picture. I'm hoping this is just the AV cable. Is there anywhere, ANYWHERE to buy N64 AV cables that isn't the internet? Do any like, Radioshacks still sell ones that would work for N64? I'm in Boston, if it helps
Thanks

C8Ft8GE.jpg
maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
y2jake215 on

• Super StachSuper Stach Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I'm not sure where you can find an N64 cable but I know Gamecube cables work if you can find one of those.

Super Stach on
  • ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    SNES/N64/Gamecube use the same AV cable.

maybe Wii too, but I dont have one to know.

Buttcleft on
  • y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    i have a Wii, just checked, isn't quite the same. But good to know about Gamecube ones working - maybe I can grab one from Gamestop tomorrow.

y2jake215 on
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here