As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX East 2011 PAX Forum Challenge Coin - ORDERS CLOSED. That's it!

• papaprinnypapaprinny Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Indeed I have asked them to work on Revere's face as well as the horse's. We will let you know once we arrive at a final design we are comfortable with.

papaprinny on
    paxeast2010dvdsignowout.jpgForumSig1.jpg
  • slamonellaslamonella Clue-by-Four Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Thank you :)

slamonella on
    Some people are like Slinkies. They have no practical use whatsoever,
    but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
  • tortured3tortured3 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    So with the edits and whatnot will we who ordered these awhile ago have them in time for PAX?

tortured3 on
    grym & kvlt
  • karmacappakarmacappa Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    tortured3 wrote: »
    So with the edits and whatnot will we who ordered these awhile ago have them in time for PAX?

We'll know more when we approve the proof.

karmacappa on
    "In Europe, it's not America."
    Scott Kurtz, The Morning After, Aug 31 - 2010
  • stishdrstishdr Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    sooo without having a final proof yet, are we cutting it close to getting them before pax?

stishdr on
    edited February 2011
    Exciting, isn't it?

slamonella on
    but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    edited February 2011
    stishdr wrote: »
    sooo without having a final proof yet, are we cutting it close to getting them before pax?

I called USCC about this, and this will definitely push back the timetable by some amount. The rep there spent a while yesterday on the phone with the factory making sure they knew the specific issues, and sent them additional reference materials in case they needed them. The factory is producing a new die for that face of the coin and we should be getting a new proof for approval. Once there is more information available, I'll update this thread with that.

karmacappa on
  • Oldmangloom315Oldmangloom315 [ENFORCER] Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    While I'll be bummed if I don't get it before hand, I'm still crazy excited to have this as memory type item. Thanks for all of your hardwork and making sure its a good product. I'll probably end up buying one of those nice cases for it.

Oldmangloom315 on
    edited February 2011
    This brings up a good point, by the way. I already have one of their red-stained wooden 1.75" display boxes. I am in the market for something more appropriate to the nickel color of this coin. If anyone has any suggestions, please share them. For those of us who plan to gift the coins, a good presentation box is key to making a lasting impression.

papaprinny on
  • punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    The 4-sided die looks too big to me. It's touching both the center image and the border line, while the other dice do not. Can it be made a tiny bit smaller?

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
    edited February 2011
    I agree that the 4-sided is a bit too large, but it is the least of our problems. I don't think it's a significant-enough issue to ask for a re-draw. We simply don't have the time to be able to justify a re-do on that for such a small detail.

papaprinny on
  • sniper_kingsniper_king Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    so are the coins available to order?

sniper_king on
    edited February 2011
    Read the thread title you silly goose.

slamonella on
  • sniper_kingsniper_king Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    slamonella wrote: »
    Read the thread title you silly goose.

a silly goose i am

sniper_king on
  • [H]olyGeekboy[H]olyGeekboy PAX dad and PC builder ClevelandRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2011
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    This should be mentioned outright.

Because this is a community coin and they will be posted for sale, the following imagery is not authorized for use by the powers that be:
    The PAX/PAX East logo (although the text "PAX", "PAX East", and "Penny Arcade Expo" are okay)
    Depictions of Gabe, Tycho and/or other Penny Arcade characters or artwork.

All that said, I still stand by that somebody should create a PAX Community logo or crest to be used on one side., as this is as much a community endeavor as it is anything.

I am a strong supporter of IP protection. The last thing any brand owner wants is brand dilution by misguided but well-meaning supporters. But certainly there must be some means of getting approval for certain items, perhaps directly via Khoo or another designated party?

[H]olyGeekboy on
    p3HkbcM.png
  • HeleorHeleor SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    If permission were to be granted for the use of the logo, that would cause issues if PA wanted to make their own official challenge coins, for example.

Heleor on
    edited February 2011
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    This should be mentioned outright.

Because this is a community coin and they will be posted for sale, the following imagery is not authorized for use by the powers that be:
    The PAX/PAX East logo (although the text "PAX", "PAX East", and "Penny Arcade Expo" are okay)
    Depictions of Gabe, Tycho and/or other Penny Arcade characters or artwork.

All that said, I still stand by that somebody should create a PAX Community logo or crest to be used on one side., as this is as much a community endeavor as it is anything.

I am a strong supporter of IP protection. The last thing any brand owner wants is brand dilution by misguided but well-meaning supporters. But certainly there must be some means of getting approval for certain items, perhaps directly via Khoo or another designated party?

The coins would have to be given away.
    Besides, although the artists at PA are good at what they do, this is not their work. It is ours.

papaprinny on
  • <Omicron-8643><Omicron-8643> Just outside DC. Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    papaprinny wrote: »
    It is ours.

*Enter: Protomen*

<Omicron-8643> on
  • stishdrstishdr Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Im totally hoping to hear the die will be done today :)

stishdr on
  • RowdyTheDogRowdyTheDog Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Yes, I am also of the 'I can't wait to hear this is being shipped' group of people.
    *silent prayer*

RowdyTheDog on
  • UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Cooooins.

UEAKCrash on
  • OnmitsuOnmitsu I'm just a birdie Ca-caw, ca-caw!Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    It is ours.

*Enter: Protomen*

We have a winner.

Onmitsu on
    Man, even Dora the Explorer thinks you're slow.
    edited February 2011
    FYI, I gave approval to Eric on the new design yesterday. Coins ought to be getting made now.

papaprinny on
  • KhadourKhadour Dinosaur Cupcake Hillsboro, ORRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    FYI, I gave approval to Eric on the new design yesterday. Coins ought to be getting made now.

And there was much rejoicing! Does that mean that we should have them in hand before the 10th?

Khadour on
    Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
    xWDsUaZ.png
    jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

• KrisstaKrissta New HampshireRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Hmmm, they appear to be out of stock? :(

Krissta on
    Ln5yLL7.png
  • WingedillidanWingedillidan Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Oh noez, we bought too much of "Pax East" :( Looks like people will have to wait until more Pax East gets released.

Wingedillidan on
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
  • DragonDragon Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    So will there be more coins made? I would really like one. I dont really care when I get it, but I would still like one ^_^

Dragon on
  • ChronoHawkChronoHawk Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Dragon wrote: »
    So will there be more coins made? I would really like one. I dont really care when I get it, but I would still like one ^_^

Dragon, I picked up 4, you can have one of mine, assuming it arrives before east = D

ChronoHawk on
    I am NOT Rider Miller!!!!

enforceruserbarsplitcro.png
    ach.png
  • KiashienKiashien Medford, MARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Any idea how many of these bad boys were ordered? (I like numbers, what can I say :P)

Kiashien on
    The pirate hat riding bobcat compels you...

Relevant info: #PAX East: 3 Coin Lunch organizer. 2012 Trading card available. Pokecrawl Assistant 2012. Pokecrawl attendee 2011. Cult of the Leaf attendee 2012.
  • ironysparklesironysparkles Lowell, MARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Aw, wish I had seen this thread earlier! Would have totally bought a couple coins. Though I don't mind having them after PAX, so if there's going to be another run I'll still order!

ironysparkles on
    UyhWici.png
    edited February 2011
    I called Patrick from US Challenge Coins, and he says we have sold out of the coins we had ordered before. We will do one last lot, and I will get back to him with the number we need to produce in the lot tomorrow morning. So if you have not ordered yet, and would like to order coins tomorrow, please let me know how many coins you are going to order.
    Please note that you will have to order promptly tomorrow, as we are going to have to close ordering very soon.
    This is your last chance to get new coins, afterward this you will need to ask one of the persons with existing coins.

USCC says the expected shipping date is March 6th. My sincerest apologies if this doesn't make it in time for some people. They're trying very hard to get this shipped before PAX.

Here is a picture of the second proof
    5486090589_9988e41050_b.jpg

karmacappa on
    edited February 2011
    Do we get to see the updated proof? :)

slamonella on
  • SingolloSingollo Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Well good thing i went to plan B as i wont have these at east. Since well the 6th is a Sunday and i will already be in boston 1000 of miles away from my mailbox. Owell like i said least i went to plan B for what i had planned.

Singollo on
  • Oldmangloom315Oldmangloom315 [ENFORCER] Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    karmacappa wrote: »
    I called Patrick from US Challenge Coins, and he says we have sold out of the coins we had ordered before. We will do one last lot, and I will get back to him with the number we need to produce in the lot tomorrow morning. So if you have not ordered yet, and would like to order coins tomorrow, please let me know how many coins you are going to order.
    Please note that you will have to order promptly tomorrow, as we are going to have to close ordering very soon.
    This is your last chance to get new coins, afterward this you will need to ask one of the persons with existing coins.

USCC says the expected shipping date is March 6th. My sincerest apologies if this doesn't make it in time for some people. They're trying very hard to get this shipped before PAX.

Here is a picture of the second proof
    5486090589_9988e41050_b.jpg

Dude...these look so much better than the last proof. Everything looks a lot more defined. I'll be stoked to have it, regardless.

Oldmangloom315 on
  • HeleorHeleor SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    That proof looks a lot better! I'm still a bit iffy on the text, but if there's still another coat on top, they should look good. Looking forward to having it. :)

Heleor on
  • ChronoHawkChronoHawk Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Looks great! I hope I get mine before Pax!

ChronoHawk on
    I am NOT Rider Miller!!!!

enforceruserbarsplitcro.png
    ach.png
  • thorkonthorkon Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Im leaving thursday so I hope its enough time. These are looking great :D

thorkon on
  • UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Expected shipping date is in when it should arrive or when they are starting to go out? What method of shipping are the using?

UEAKCrash on
  • KrisstaKrissta New HampshireRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I was going to order 1! :)

Krissta on
    Ln5yLL7.png
  • tenakutenaku Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    i'm planning on ordering another one tomorrow.

tenaku on