As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mass Effect] DLC On Sale Oct. 11th - 17th (Xbox Live Gold)

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    -Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Synthesis wrote: »
    I hated the fight against Benezia on Noveria.

Not because the combat, but because getting knocked down by an Asari commando (which is literally all they do) on the stairs locks you out of the game. You can't get up, you can't heal, you can't even access the menu.

Fun times.

I got pushed through a wall. Unfortunately for them I could shoot the enemies but they couldn't shoot me.

Made things REALLY easy.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    Dox the PIDox the PI Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Benezia on insanity

I memorized all the AI patterns and spawns

Dox the PI on
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Dox the PI wrote: »
    Benezia on insanity

That seems like a lot of work.

I just played a Soldier.

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    Dox the PIDox the PI Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    Benezia on insanity

I just played a Soldier.

FUCK YOU IMMUNITYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Dox the PI on
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Benezia on insanity

I just played a Soldier.

FUCK YOU IMMUNITYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
    I actually never used Immunity as a Soldier.

I just ran toward my enemies firing my AR and laughing as their attacks bounced off the shields I apparently scavenged from a Dreadnought at some point.

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I just put up Barrier, thus becoming indestructible, and threw Singularities EVERYWHERE.

And laughed and laughed and laughed.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    computer-easy-button.jpg

Still, I use immunity all the time. Better than getting one shotted by goddamn snipers.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    Evil WeevilEvil Weevil Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    So like, no matter how hard I try, my male shepard faces always come out ugly or meh compared to default Shep.

Then I go and see DA:O's customizer and am awestruck in how much better it is.

Evil Weevil on
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Benezia on insanity

I just played a Soldier.

I just shot things until they died and spammed barrier and singularity with my Vanguard.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    EmporiumEmporium Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Benezia on insanity

I just played a Soldier.

I just shot things until they died and spammed barrier and singularity with my Vanguard.

I just played the game on normal to trivialize all combat, so I could get to the good parts.

Emporium on
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Man...all this ME1 talk is making me want to play it again.

But then It'll remind me how bad the combat was and I won't want to play it anymore.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    edited September 2010

But then It'll remind me how bad the combat was and I won't want to play it anymore.

For whatever reason, it runs worse then ME2 does on my PC, and looks worse at that. But ME1 PC was a bad port, and ME2 was made for both the 360 and PC in mind. I also made like three male shepards and couldn't play them because they look awful. Custom just looks awful unless you're great at making faces, and I'm debating just going default.

Here's my main in ME2:
    fp4hlw.jpg

Evil Weevil on
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Why is it such an admission of sucktude that playing on normal is for wimps? I haven't played a game on "hard" since MGS4. "Normal" is just that, normal difficulty. And I haven't played a game on easy since Godhand (on the first playthrough).

It's not exceptionally hard, but even as a soldier in both ME games you can die if you're not careful. Even with import bonuses.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    i always play a new game on normal

it's the baseline that the developers expect, and it's usually a good introduction to the game's systems and rules

insanity is for later :P

benezia? i had the hardest time fighting her the first time until i realized that i wasn't supposed to shoot HER.

curly haired boy on
    RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    NartwakNartwak Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I only ever play on ultra impossible 'cause I'm super macho.

Nartwak on
  • Options
    edited September 2010

For whatever reason, it runs worse then ME2 does on my PC, and looks worse at that. But ME1 PC was a bad port, and ME2 was made for both the 360 and PC in mind. I also made like three male shepards and couldn't play them because they look awful. Custom just looks awful unless you're great at making faces, and I'm debating just going default.

Here's my main in ME2:
    fp4hlw.jpg

There are two things that strike me as odd with your image there

One (and not really a big deal) I always find it weird seeing a non-Vanderloo male Shep

And two, you maxed out concussive shot but not incendiary ammo? Come on :lol:

Emporium on
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I start all games on Normal to start with.

When ME3 rolls around though, I'll play Insanity on my first runthrough if that's an option. And the combat isn't too different.

.....And nobody should ever, ever, ever take Armor Piercing Ammo over Incendiary Ammo.

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Emporium wrote: »

Here's my main in ME2:
    fp4hlw.jpg

One (and not really a big deal) I always find it weird seeing a non-Vanderloo male Shep

The screenshot was taken months ago, like in Feb. I've redone my skills, but yeah, back then I had no idea what was good and what wasn't.

I dunno, I just wish they gave you better options for male sheps. You can make very beautiful femsheps, but male sheps are like an art to make.

Evil Weevil on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Why is it such an admission of sucktude that playing on normal is for wimps? I haven't played a game on "hard" since MGS4. "Normal" is just that, normal difficulty. And I haven't played a game on easy since Godhand (on the first playthrough).

It's not exceptionally hard, but even as a soldier in both ME games you can die if you're not careful. Even with import bonuses.

Well, it is moreso that RPGs in general tend to be a lot easier than most other genres.

Not to mention enemies already die for me pretty fast on Hardcore/Insanity in ME2, I could only imagination how it would be on normal where the majority of foes have light to no shielding.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    edited September 2010

Here's my main in ME2:
    fp4hlw.jpg

The screenshot was taken months ago, like in Feb. I've redone my skills, but yeah, back then I had no idea what was good and what wasn't.

I dunno, I just wish they gave you better options for male sheps. You can make very beautiful femsheps, but male sheps are like an art to make.

I was just kidding. Regardless, once you have AR and the class skill maxed everything else is a bonus.

Emporium on
  • Options
    edited September 2010

Here's my main in ME2:
    fp4hlw.jpg

I was just kidding. Regardless, once you have AR and the class skill maxed everything else is a bonus.

I sorta figured. 8-)

Evil Weevil on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Can't say I ever used the default Shep face myself.

Except on my failed mission run because I didn't feel like putting work into a character I was just going to kill anyway.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    i always use default manshep face.

default manshep is sexy

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    Z0reZ0re Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I can't use default male shep. Its eyes freak me out.

Z0re on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I still wish we had nice hair options...I know it is UE3 but I hate it when I can't give characters nice hair.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    The only reason I don't like playing default Shep is because I wanted to well, have my 'own' Shepard.

But it's so hard making a nice looking one that well, I'm considering trying him out in a ME1-ME2 run.

Also, apparently ME3 will be officially announced in October sometime, according to rumors flying around on the BioWare forums.

Evil Weevil on
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    October seems really early. I wouldn't expect an official announcement before DA2 releases, or at least ME2 PS3.

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I would never trust any rumors found on the Bioware forums.

I have the same rule for sushi restaurants in landlocked states.

Don't trust 'em

Didgeridoo on
  • Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    i've actually done pretty well with custom malesheps imo

angryshep (my soldier)
    5537angryshepisANGRY.png

cosmonautshep (my engineer)
    5000cosmo-shep.png

and curlyshep (my sentinel, a decent approximation of me)
    4243curlyshepisgolden.png

also, while digging through my screenshots folder, i found some ME1 pics that are begging for a caption contest

have at it!
    8971wat-Wat-WAT.png

curly haired boy on
    RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    HambrabaiHambrabai Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    You know, I'm kind of sad at how Shiala got a sort of puffy face in ME2. I've kind of forgotten but she looked a lot better in ME1 to me.

Hambrabai on
  • Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Man, my dude shep is hawt

modified version of this sucker here (gave him darker eyes) (spoilered for big)
    JackCollag4.jpg

Aw yeah, that's nice

Didgeridoo on
  • Options
    NartwakNartwak Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Damn

Nartwak on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    BlackDove wrote: »
    Elendil wrote: »
    I don't remember any bugs in ME1.
    has

has it been a while since you played

Not even a year.

Gameplay features you disagree with aren't bugs.

Tell that to the reviewers of AP :P

But seriously, ME2 is the only game in years which has repeatedly CTD for me, and I've had waaaaay more geometry clipping problems than in ME1, which were more easily fixable anyway since it actually had console access.

At least from the back to back play through I did right before ME2's launch, so, like, half a year ago now?

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    ME on the xbox was fine

But ME on the PC was bug city

Hell I had to go into the game files and change the sound files manually so that I could actually hear things. Oh and Therum was made of dark matter. And I got stuck on terrain a lot. And sometimes my weapons just didn't cool down.

And many other things. It was not a good port.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    envoy1envoy1 the old continentRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Hambrabai wrote: »
    You know, I'm kind of sad at how Shiala got a sort of puffy face in ME2. I've kind of forgotten but she looked a lot better in ME1 to me.

Don't even get me started on this. I was praying for the return of a sexable shiala in ME2 and what do they do? She comes back as fugly shiala and all you get is some suggestion of "when you're not doing whatever it is you're doing". This is SHEPARD we're talking about here. :x

envoy1 on
  • Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Do you ever miss those talks we had on the elevators?

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    Garret DoriganGarret Dorigan "Why can't I be DLC for UMvC3?"Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    also, while digging through my screenshots folder, i found some ME1 pics that are begging for a caption contest

have at it!
    8971wat-Wat-WAT.png

If you weren't trying, you did an excellent job of making Arnold Vosloo... You know, the Mummy?

Garret Dorigan on
    "Never Hit"
  • Options
    BlackDoveBlackDove Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Spoit wrote: »
    Elendil wrote: »
    I don't remember any bugs in ME1.
    has

has it been a while since you played

Not even a year.

Gameplay features you disagree with aren't bugs.

Tell that to the reviewers of AP :P

AP reviewers are all dog rapists.

BlackDove on
  • Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Mark-Vanderloo.jpg

Vanderloo Shepard is the only real Shepard

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
This discussion has been closed.