As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NWoD] (IC) Rhapsody: When the Night falls

12345679»

• Options
    HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    "Hey Dan. What's the address on that driver's license?"

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    DJP3710DJP3710 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    8729 Mccafferty Lane. It's some distance away, at least a couple of miles.

DJP3710 on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    "Looks like we got our next location. I'll ride with Dan."

Hank smiled.

"I call shotgun."

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Once Drew is satisfied no-one's going to interrupt them, he heads up the stairs himself.

He spends a little time examining the broken lock, and pockets a couple of metal shards before continuing on. Finding the second floor to be empty, he continues on up to the roof.

"You're going to Cathy's home?" Drew asks, judging the direction to said address and the likelihood that the neon green trail is headed that way. "Might be better following whatever left that mess, unless they happen to be going in the same direction."

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    "We can't follow this thing over the rooftops, and we've got nothing else to go on. Cathy's house it is. Let's get moving." Dan hurries back to his car, hoping the others follow suit.

Cheeseliker on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    "Right with ya, Dan."

Hank clambered down and got into the passenger seat as Dan took the wheel.

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    "Agreed- let's move by car, since we can't really hop over rooftops as fast as it can." said Celia, moving to the second car.

El Skid on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Drew looks over the rooftops, and nods slowly.

"Well, I guess they're kinda in the same direction. Maybe we'll get another shot of feeling watched if we get close to whatever it is again," he assents, before heading down the stairs with the others.

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Aedan was there to meet Drew. Odd since no-one had seen him enter and slightly suspicious.

He holds his arms crossed as if he had expected them to find nothing, looking at Drew he remarks

"I see we have our next location. After I get my gun I will meet up with the rest of you. Hopefully we can save that girl."

Egos on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    The drive towards the address on Cathy's address is fairly uneventful, at least until the group leaves the neighborhood of the crime scene. Once they are back on more rural city streets, though, it's obvious that tonight is far from quiet: emergency vehicles race by every few minutes, interfering with traffic. According to the radio, there are at least two areas nearby where fires have sprung up.

Finally the group makes a turn onto another neighborhood, a sealed segment of suburban bliss, separate from the madness just a few streets away. A spider web of homes, several of their exits all leading out to a tasteful, if slightly overdone, park area, complete with man-made lake. It's as close to tranquility as you can get, all things considered.

Though, like all things, that tranquility is short-lived. As Dan's car drives along the side of the park, the outer curving road that connects the neighborhoods, he's forced to stomp on the brakes as a mass of glittering ice flies out from between a pair of trees, crashing down in front of his car with enough force to shake the ground a little.

Even more surprising is when the "mass" stands up and shakes its head as if to clear it; it's not a mass of ice, just a frightening tall man (at least 8') wearing a fur-lined snow jacket. He's bald, built in a similar fashion to Hank, and looks fairly unfazed by the fact he was thrown hard enough to crack asphalt. The ice is clustered around his clothing in the same way you might expect to see on someone that had been left out in the arctic for a few days.

DJP3710 on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    "HOLY --!" Hank nearly spit out his cigarette as he jumped out of the passenger side of the car. "What the hell --"

Hank stood on the asphalt, looking up (a rare occasion for Hank) at the massive frozen being before him.

"Ah... crap." He looked over his shoulder. "Dan... you might want to stop lamenting the state of your ride. I think we've got competition."

He looked back at the large silent hulk before him.

"You going to talk? Or we just gonna beat each other senseless? I don't got all night, pal."

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    "Jesus fucking christ!" Dan slammed on the brakes, threw the car into park and jumped out. He took a deep breath as he watched the whateverthehellitwas stand up. "Hank, let's try to not piss this thing off." He held up his hands in a I'm-not-gonna-hurt-you kind of manner. "What and who the hell are you?"

Cheeseliker on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    The giant turns towards the two men and, after a few moments, gets a rather saddened look on his face; it seems as if he really wants to talk, but refuses to for some reason. Without another word he jogs towards the park, seemingly no worse for the wear after his crash.

DJP3710 on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    "Crap. What is it with all the running today?"

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Drew drives along the last stretch to the aforementioned address, with Celia (and possibly Aedan) along for the ride. His quick detour to his apartment to pick up his dreamworld gun and the ammo doesn't take long, but carrying a gun in the glove compartment does not sit right with the youth.

"So," he says, trying to start up conversation to take his mind off the illegal gun he's carrying. "Almost there, huh? What do you do, anyhow? I just sorta... study whatever's interesting at the time. I should probably put my credits together and figure out what to graduate as, but... y'know. Learning's cool."

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png