As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PTA] Voltage - Dance, Banettes, Dance

• Options
    Abysmal LynxAbysmal Lynx Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Anyone talk to Marsh lately? I'm actually starting to get worried about him.

Abysmal Lynx on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    He was on chat last night.

Terrendos on
  • Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    [Zapdos]

Sly tugs at the Rocket below, but at this distance he can do little more than weakly pull at his clothes and limbs, making the man stumble around in confusion as he fights the unseen force. Though Sly has never managed to levitate something even half the Rocket's size from this far away, he gets a distinct feeling of encouragement. If only he put a bit more effort into it he could definitely do this thing, he just needs to want it enough.

Breathing inward sharply, Sly realizes something is trying to get into his head. Something is actually trying to get into his head. It's a good thing that, whatever it is, it didn't count on its quarry being Sylvester Bogwater.

[Sylvester gains 1 Voltage]

[Marketplace]

Sigi dodges past the guarding Rockets as they stare, transfixed at the scene of chaos that erupted so suddenly behind them. Stepping forward with speed and stealth, the same butlerian skills that allowed Sigi to so easily appear instantaneously when called and move through the echoing mansion back home without disturbing the masters of the house work spectacularly, even here. The Rockets pay the intruder no mind, worrying themselves instead with more pressing concerns than a well-dressed shadow striding purposely past them.

Sigi is able to make it to the tower rapidly, the fiery contrivance still sending out its pulsing waves of emotion, stray strands of curiously opaque, white electricity playing across the blackened surfaces.

[Sigi gains 1 Voltage]

[PokeCenter]

The people grudgingly get into lines to the front desk of the Center, handing over trays with their Pokeballs or passing over slumbering Pokemon to be put on stretchers and wheeled into the back. This done, the majority loiter in the crowded PokeCenter lobby, though a few heed Ralph's suggestion and move outside to wait patiently for their Pokemon to be returned, allowing just enough space for more Trainers to drop off their Pokemon.

Two young ladies in labcoats approach Ralph shortly after he finishes his speech. "We're not scientists, but we work at a lab as assistants. What did you need?" one of them offers.

Outside the PokeCenter, Doug watches the comings and goings of the Trainers carefully, an eye out for any funny business. He eventually becomes aware of a low rumbling from the alley behind the PokeCenter, just barely audible now that the noise level from the Center itself has died down thanks to Ralph's efforts.

[Cerulean Gym]

Aleks runs forward and slams into the door, shutting it with a bang and holding it closed.

[12 + 1 - 0 = (13)]

There is absolutely no yellow spider thing, it would be silly to think otherwise. A thick gunk of web cements the second Rocket to the floor, to his horror.

"Get that door closed," he commands loudly, and one on the three still-remaining-free-of-mysterious-gluey--glob Rockets puts a hand on the handle of the door nearest Dayton, Alex, and company and hauls the door shut.

Crasher puts a huge palm on the door, preventing it from being pushed back open from the inside. The Rockets are trapped in the room, for now.

Sorry about not updating, nothing is wrong just me being lazy and an insomniac. Will try to keep to the schedule a bit better. Feel free to send me complaints and threats whenever the mood strikes you.

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Complain Complain Complain

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    Shock GShock G Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    [Beta] [Sylvester 'Sly' Bogwater] {Hun} - {Saxon} - {Visigoth} - {Zuni}

I've seen a lot of things in my time. An entire town in hysterics because someone saw a shadow in the woods, black masses, men flush with madness, women riven by pleasure, spirits dying. I've never seen a major city inundated with... whatever funk's causing this trouble. The constant pressure on my psyche is enough to tell me that this is some high-level, badass, unfriendly hoo-doo we're dealing with.

I pull harder.

Shock G on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    [Beta] URL="http://pokemonadventures.pbworks.com/Pyrrhus-Faraday"]Pyrrhus Faraday[/URL
    growlithe.pngabsol.pngkrabby.pngroselia.pngskarmory.png

"What are we doing?" Pyrrhus whispered furiously. "We've got just as many as them, except that half of them can't move! This is our best chance to take them!"

With no immediate answer, he continued. "Do you guys think that if we just wait them out, they'll surrender? This is their primary target, they'll call in backup. We need to act fast and act decisively. The sooner we take these guys down, the sooner we can find out how to wake up everyone's Pokemon!"

Terrendos on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    [Alpha] - URL="http://pokemonadventures.pbworks.com/Douglas-Fir"]Doug[/URL

Doug looks over in the direction the rumbling is coming from.

Holding Alice up to his face, Doug says, "I know it's probably nothing, but I'm sick of standing around out here. Let's go check it out girl."

Carefully holding the cat Pokemon, Doug quickly rushes towards the ally to see what's going on.

Abysmal Lynx on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bratrbratr Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    [Beta] [Ralph Colton] {Maximum Ride}

Ralph walked towards the scientists, satisfied with the way the trainers were now acting. Hopefully it would make it easier on the nurses. Disorder couldn't help in a case like this. His dad had always told him that a hysterical group of pokemon is worse the same number individually, Ralph could now see that it was the same for a group of people. He hoped people would stay around. Team Rocket wouldn't attack a large group of people, would they? Ralph didn't have time to think about it as the scientists addressed him, well science assistants as it turned out.
    Ralph looked calm but inwardly he was very nervous, he was worried about Maximum and all these people. What if his advice wasn't sound...

"We're not scientists, but we work at a lab as assistants. What did you need?" one of them offers.

"Thank you for responding to my request. I didn't want to cause panic, but I believe that this is being caused by Team Rocket."

Ralph watched the assistants carefully. If they panicked, then the relative order would be shattered. Ralph continued carefully, watching them.

I need to do something, need to find out whats causing this.

Without thinking about it Ralph touched Maximum's pokeball. It felt like a natural movement despite this being the first time he had ever carried a pokemon like this.

"As a Ranger I have experience with plants and wild pokemon, but I have never seen or heard of something like this. I don't see any trainers with awakened pokemon despite the efforts of the nurses, it does not feel like a sleep in the natural sense, this leaves two possibilities."

Ralph glanced around the pokemon center, he wanted to make sure order was being maintained.

".. er.. Right two possibilities, I think, either it is some kind of machine that's causing this or psychic ability. I know what sleep powder and such things cause sleep, but I do not understand psychic pokemon, perhaps somehow pokemon or... person could be doing this."

Ralph had met several psychics in his travels. Odd people, capable of talking using thought, still he envied them to the extent that they could talk to some pokemon. Ralph was working hard on learning to communicate with Maximum and Alice, but it was slow going.

"And the thing I thought you might be able to help with, a machine. Is it possible for a machine to cause this? Like radio waves or something?"

Ralph was really just making wild guesses here, but nothing else came to him as a possible way how this could have happened. He should have asked Doug if he had heard anything from his friends.

Doug, I had forgotten about him, hmm I'll have to go check to see if everything's all right outside.

It looked it from here though. At least from what he could see when he glanced through the opening and closing doors as people moved through.

bratr on
  • Options
    DJP3710DJP3710 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Sigi Richter - Beta

Upon arriving at the antenna, Sigi takes in the scene. Flames ripping across the market district, the inferno lapping up the supports cables meant to help keep the structure upright. There was no doubt in the butler's mind, this "thing" was involved in the terrible malady that had befallen everyone's Pokemon. It had to go.

But how? The tower was bolted into the ground by a cement block, definitely a foundation that Sigi alone wouldn't be able to budge. Muscle was necessary, something the butler lacked. However, perhaps something else could be done.

Kneeling out of sight, Sigi ponders what that something else could be.

DJP3710 on
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    [Alpha] url=http://pokemonadventures.pbworks.com/Aleksandr-Ruskidoichev]Aleksandr[/url - [Just outside the storage room...]

Aleksandr pushes his shoulder against the door with all his strength, and quickly dials the emergency services on his Pokétch. Another jab puts it on speakerphone, and then his efforts are put back towards holding the door shut.

'Due to the influx of calls to Cerulean City Dispatch, we are employing an automated response service. All Pokémon in the city are reported to be asleep with no apparent cause, please remain calm and tune into Cerulean Radio for further updates.'

Aleks stares at his wrist in horror.

'If you require the services of a dispatch operator for reasons other than unexplained Pokémon torpidity, please press one.'

With a grunt, Al stabs the button.

'Emergency services, what service do you require? If your Pokémon are alseep, please hang up and listen for further updates on the radio as PREVIOUSLY instructed,' says the dispatch girl with more than a little irritation apparent in her voice.

"Hello, Team Rocket are attempting to steal Pokémon from Cerulean Gym storage, we are trying to be keeping them trapped, and are thinking they are being behind the unexplained sleeping. Please send help," Al states into his Pokétch, straining to keep his accent under control.

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    MoranicaMoranica Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    [Alpha] URL="http://pokemonadventures.pbworks.com/Matsu-Higa"]Matsu Higa[/URL

Matsu is barely able to keep his footing as the Rocket's boot slams into his belly. He doubles over as he clutches his belly, a stream of regurgitated food coming from his mouth. Disgusted by the vomit, his worries about Tozen and pain Matsu seems to crack a little.

"You BASTARD!!.." the normally calm monk grumbles. "Try that again if you dare!!"

Matsu then lauches another pressure point assault, this time aiming for the leg that just hit him.

Moranica on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Ew, gross. D:

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    [Gym]

COLOR="SandyBrown"]Δ[/COLOR "Oh, we'll send help right away," the dispatch says with what Aleks thinks is unnecessary cheeriness. "Just st tight! There's nϕthing... to... worry about."

Her voice seems to b breaking up a bit. Static, bad connection. Aleks takes a deep breath. Something is wrong, nothing is pushing against the door. Is there any talking in there? COLOR="SandyBrown"]2[/COLOR He can't hear any. Weren't the others supposed to go in fighting once he trapped them. omething is wrong. Why does he keep thinking tht? Something is wrng. Why won't it stop.

"We kno" whe*e you re now," the disptch says rassuri#gly. "W$'ll be right: there."

[Aleks gins 1 Voltage]

----

[Zapdos]

Sly yanks harder at the stumbling Rocket*below, gritting his teeth as he tries to bring his telekinesis into greater control. Ugh, at thi distance its just not... possible... Sly's second sight is given a sharp twist, ausing the man to gasp aloud as the something takes a hld of the grsping tendrils of his p0wer and draws them down, further, harder, stronger. His mind fills with a loud, cackling laughter that drowns ut everything around him,.#

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Marketplace]

[⁂] Flames indeed tear into the market district. Spreading from the antenna to the surrounding buildings like they were d<used with gasoline. Screms break out from the brick as the inhabitantsۼbecome aware of the supernaturally fast fire suddenly making way throgh their shops and homes, filling the air with black smoke. Were they on f!re beforehand? Yes, they must've been. Sigi knew they were. Why else would^#he have noticed it?

Behind Sigi, a suddn sharp snap of boneand a high pitched, gurgling screm mark the departure of a Rocket skywards, to the waiting Zapdos above. How curious.

[Sigi gains 1 Voltage]
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Zapdos]

[No] Sly watches as a crcle of asphalt is suddenly pvlverizedaround his target, the dark material $hattering and cracking under the force of his will. The Rocket falls to his knees, leg bones snapping cleanly under the pressure in several spots that Sly could accurately p!npoint to within millimeters if he so wished. The laughter continues throbbing and echoing throughout his being, filling and bolstering him. A slight twitch of his power, and the Rocket surges upwards, dragged along in the wake of the Zapdos he's riding. (There's someone else on the Zapdos too, right? Why is he looking at me like that? I know what I'm doing.)

Sly could question th Rocket now if he wnted, b▣t it would honestly be easier to just pull the informatin right out #f his fucking head. The body could then be =afely discarded of course.

Why the hell is Hratio looking at me like that? So what if I'm laughing,this is fun.

[Sly gains 4 Voltage⁆

Rest of you folks are getting updated after work. Tommy and Stilts should post.

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Wow that is a lot of voltage...

bratr on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    [Beta] URL="http://pokemonadventures.pbworks.com/Pyrrhus-Faraday"]Pyrrhus Faraday[/URL
    growlithe.pngabsol.pngkrabby.pngroselia.pngaron.pngskarmory.png

As Pyrrhus waited for the rest of the indecisive idiots with him to make up their mind about what to do, he had been puzzling something out. There was something missing, something he usually saw around cities like this, but not today. At the time, it hadn't seemed important, but in lieu of the recent events...

Had there been any Jennies around? He was reminded of Saffron... his hometown usually had cops on duty all the time, especially in the worse parts of town. In an event like this, they'd be out in force. But he hadn't seen any come to the gym yet. He tried to calm himself in spite of the adrenaline, and think.

Had he seen any police officers that day?

Terrendos on
  • Options
    DJP3710DJP3710 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Sigi Richter - Beta

Sigi feels strange, an odd sensation hanging in the air. Did the music from the tower have something to do with it? If so, all the more reason to bring it down.

And the answer was there.

Walking up to the metallic structure, the butler pulls out the only Pokeball owned and drops it. It pops open and releases its contents, a sleeping Mawile in a maid's uniform. "Frauke, I'll need your help with this."

Sigi pulls out a handkerchief, a familiar article that's been on the butler's person for a very, very long time. Wrapping it around one of the base supports for the tower, Sigi crouches next to it and starts snoring loudly.

Frauke, though asleep, twitches. After a few moments, the Mawile's jawed mouth snaps open and lunges in the direction of the snoring, clamping down on the nearest thing that vaguely smells of the offender. The vice-grip of those jaws squeezes against the steel with merciless force.

Sigi winces and rubs a forearm as phantom pains rise to the surface, memories of Frauke's preferred method of silencing the butler's snores: through chewing of the nearest limb. Luckily, though, that particular habit could be used for the good of all.

DJP3710 on
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    [Beta] URL="http://pokemonadventures.pbworks.com/Laura-Dunn"]Laura Dunn[/URL
    charmeleon.png wooper.png flaaffy.pngspoink.pngmeowth.png

"The Rockets were the ones who closed our door, you know," Laura says to Pyrrhus. "But besides that, you're right. We need to get in there and take 'em out quickly. They might have called for reinforcements, after all."

She steps away from the wall and faces the door.

"So, on the count of three, Crasher will open the door and we'll rush in." She looks at Pyrrhus. "Sound good?"

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Shock GShock G Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    [Beta] [Sylvester 'Sly' Bogwater] {Hun} - {Saxon} - {Visigoth} - {Zuni}

The [strike]man'[/strike] crimnal's face is pitiful. I (Wἕ) stare into <its> his eyes, and see nothing but wet far. It exctes us. It shld fear. It is right to fear me!

We ready to take what is ours, his tbholoughtsod will allw me to save Ceulean, to destroy whoever did this.¾ It is all we [strike]I?ϻ.[/strike] need. All we want. Sly begins to pul aain, readying myself for the influx of cruor, and smile. [strike]❋e,[/strike] [strike]we,[/strike] I stop. He can't do it. Mrder, even to save a city, is wrong. An abomination, a horror. I could never do it, not even natant in ths glory, it is nt in me.

I will tke his knowledge, though. Yes. I will talk to it. It is a better way.

"Tell me everythng."

We sile.

Shock G on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    [Alpha] - URL="http://pokemonadventures.pbworks.com/Douglas-Fir"]Doug[/URL

As Doug approaches the source of the noise, he hesitates a bit. If he were to run into any rockets with Alice, she might get hurt. Cursing for a moment that he never got Ralph's number. Deciding it would be best if the others at the gym knew what was up, he decided to send out a message.

"Send wrote:
    Checking out wierd noiwse. Tell you more after I find out.

After getting his message out, Doug continues ahead.

Sylvester's gone craazy.

Abysmal Lynx on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    [Storage] url=http://pokemonadventures.pbworks.com/w/page/34416848/Dayton-Clark-(Voltage-Redux)]Dayton[/url - diglett.png kabuto.png ani046ms.png

Dayton shoots a puzzled look at Crasher's action. "What's the big idea?" he whispers, "Aleks has the other side pinned but he can't hold that by himself, and who's even to say they came through a door initially?"

"It's a water gym, there are big fuck-off drains in the middle of every bloody room, so let's get in there before they all get wise and slip away!" He places a free hand on the door, aiming to pull it open.

Squall on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    [Alpha] url=http://pokemonadventures.pbworks.com/Aleksandr-Ruskidoichev]Aleksandr[/url - [Just outside the storage room...]

Aleks continues to lean against the door, staring in confusion at the ominous sounding words coming from his phone. He hangs up quickly, and dials another number. Dayton's.

While it rings, he reseats his shoulder, and prepares for the worst. His hand strays to his belt, and after running his fingertips over his Pokéballs, he selects one and removes it, gripping it tightly while screwing his eyes shut.

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    [Storage] url=http://pokemonadventures.pbworks.com/w/page/34416848/Dayton-Clark-(Voltage-Redux)]Dayton[/url - diglett.png kabuto.png ani046ms.png

"Alright then, on three: one, t--oh cr-hang on" he whips open his phone.

"What?"

Squall on
  • Options
    edited February 2011

"I am thinking they are having the police in their control," Aleksandr blurts. "I am holding door closed. I... I think that one of my Pokémon could stay awake long enough to use a move."

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011

"You think so? Well, I'm betting comin in from both ends at once is our best bet, so on my mark..."

Squall on
  • Options
    edited February 2011

"One..."

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Squall on
  • Options
    edited February 2011

"Three!"

Aleksandr pushes (or at least attempts to) the door open, and stands in the doorway, his chosen Pokéball in hand.

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    growlithe.png absol.pngkrabby.pngroselia.pngaron.pngskarmory.png

Pyrrhus held tightly to the training staff given to him by the other trainer. He was still sore from that guard, that man he still didn't fully trust. But the men in that room, they were unambiguous. There was no gray: they were definitely evil. And he was going to...

The thought instantly tied his stomach into a knot. Was he really going to kill somebody? If someone had asked him that a week ago, he'd have balked at the idea. Did he really have the force of will to take another person's life?

He tried to remember the words that had brought him such conviction days prior. If Team Rocket was to be permanently destroyed, he would need to send a clear, unambiguous message. Abandon Team Rocket or die. Certainly that was clear enough for anybody. But here, now, the urge to turn himself into an executioner was lacking.

He glanced down at his missing arm, hoping to gather fresh anger to overwhelm his doubt. This was quite possibly life or death, and there was no place for doubt in battle. And though the anger returned, it did not carry the same potency it once had, just a few short days after the attack.

He clenched his jaw tightly and grasped the weapon so tightly that his knuckles turned white. Several deep breaths to psyche himself up. They would have the element of surprise. Incapacitate the intruders quickly. Aim for the head, groin, and the back of the knees. Remember the Pokemon they will steal and hurt if they get away.

And that was all the time he had. Dayton threw open the door, and Pyrrhus mustered his best battle cry, a terrible voice that sounded a bit like the roar of an enraged Arcanine, and charged the nearest intruder not stuck to the ground.

Terrendos on
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    [Beta] URL="http://pokemonadventures.pbworks.com/Laura-Dunn"]Laura Dunn[/URL
    charmeleon.png wooper.png flaaffy.pngspoink.pngmeowth.png

Despite being closer to the door than Pyrrhus, Laura was not the first to enter the fray. She hesitated for a moment, suddenly realizing that she'd suffer much more than a bruised ego if she lost this fight.

But then Pyrrhus rushed in with his feral battle cry, and her fears were swept away with the surge of adrenaline. She runs into the room, her club held high, and attempts to strike whatever Rocket Pyrrhus doesn't go after in the head.

She may not like to admit it, but her colleague's insanity can be...intoxicating, sometimes.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    :winky:

Squall on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Gd I hǟǂe yoǔ peoƿe.

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    First time I read that Marsh, I thought it was "Glad I have you people." I was saying d'aww...

Yeah, second time I think I got the real meaning.

Terrendos on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    you had it right the first time terr, he loves us!

Squall on
  • Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I don't see why both can't be true :P

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    ew

ew ew ew ew ew

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Squall wrote: »
    you had it right the first time terr, he loves us!

Loves to hate you?

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Maybe he hates some of us and loves some of us?

bratr on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    No I'm pretty sure he just hates everyone. From the bottom of his heart <3

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Spoit wrote: »
    No I'm pretty sure he just hates everyone. From the bottom of his heart <3

Well isn't that just the sweetest thing.

bratr on
  • Options
    MoranicaMoranica Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    That is cute!! Anybody send him a valentines card? O_o

Moranica on