Options

Dead Rising 2: Off the Record Available Now

• Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Ah_Pook wrote: »
    Hardtarget wrote: »
    soooo glad I rented this.

Coop is bugged the fuck out, whenever you save the guy you are playing with gets dropped. Also apparently you can take your single player dude into coop but then if you level up you can't take him back into your campaign which is ridiculous.

is this a 360 only thing? it definitely wasnt happening to us last night on the ps3 one...
    maybe. It has to do with saving the game and how the game itself accesses the Hard Drive, it full on freezes the game every time it tries to access the HD whether it's loading or saving and that freeze seems to disconnect the coop partner

Hardtarget on
    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    Hotlead JunkieHotlead Junkie Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

Coop is bugged the fuck out, whenever you save the guy you are playing with gets dropped. Also apparently you can take your single player dude into coop but then if you level up you can't take him back into your campaign which is ridiculous.

is this a 360 only thing? it definitely wasnt happening to us last night on the ps3 one...
    maybe. It has to do with saving the game and how the game itself accesses the Hard Drive, it full on freezes the game every time it tries to access the HD whether it's loading or saving and that freeze seems to disconnect the coop partner

Isn't there a comfirmed bug that freezes the game if you try to save in co-op via the saferoom/mission screen? I think someone mentioned saving in bathtooms counters this issue. Still sucks if it's a comfirmed bug.

Hotlead Junkie on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010

Isn't there a comfirmed bug that freezes the game if you try to save in co-op via the saferoom/mission screen? I think someone mentioned saving in bathtooms counters this issue. Still sucks if it's a comfirmed bug.
    dunno bout that but the HD access 'freeze' happens in SP and MP so

Hardtarget on
    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I've saved in single player without freezing, I am fairly sure that bug is multiplayer only.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    WulfWulf Disciple of Tzeentch The Void... (New Jersey)Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I've found the only time that issue happened for me and my friend was when I tried to save as the second player in Co-Op. Also, I've had no issues taking my dude into my friends game and then back to my single player campaign, and then back again. It works flawlessly for me.

Wulf on
    Everyone needs a little Chaos!
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Balefuego wrote: »
    I've saved in single player without freezing, I am fairly sure that bug is multiplayer only.

you're telling me that on your 360 when you first load up your game and it asks you where to load data from and you choose HD the game does freeze for a few seconds while it figures out what to do?

Hardtarget on
    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

you're telling me that on your 360 when you first load up your game and it asks you where to load data from and you choose HD the game does freeze for a few seconds while it figures out what to do?

I think he is confusing the HD access freeze-up (which is normal) with "it's frozen for good and I have to reset the system" freezing

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Ragnar DragonfyreRagnar Dragonfyre Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Warlock82 wrote: »

I think he is confusing the HD access freeze-up (which is normal) with "it's frozen for good and I have to reset the system" freezing

Yeah, even though I experience those pauses during saving, I thought you meant a total system lock too...

When I first tried to load my save from Case Zero the game froze for a long time. I thought the system locked up. I started to sweat because I was immediately worried my file would get corrupted, luckily that was not the case. Hopefully they can fix those pauses because they're pretty significant.

Ragnar Dragonfyre on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    For the record I've only had one freezup, during the 'Heist' case. Grabbed an achivement at the same time as the cutscene triggered for completion of the case and it got stuck on a loading screen.

Hotlead Junkie on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010

Yeah, even though I experience those pauses during saving, I thought you meant a total system lock too...

When I first tried to load my save from Case Zero the game froze for a long time. I thought the system locked up. I started to sweat because I was immediately worried my file would get corrupted, luckily that was not the case. Hopefully they can fix those pauses because they're pretty significant.

Honestly the pauses are just dumb code. They could fix it but I seriously doubt they will. It's literally just a matter of adding a "Saving....." dialog popup (preferably animated in some way to reassure you it has not locked up) *before* accessing the hard drive.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    FYI installing the game on the 360 still leaves you with those dumb menu/hard drive acsess pauses inbetween menus. I installed it since those were bugging me so much.

And if anyone was wondering, installing cuts off like 3 seconds for the load times and gets rid of that godawfully loud 360 dvd acsessing noise during those load times.

Hotlead Junkie on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    ya there is definitely something wrong with the way the 360 version accesses the HD, which in turn breaks coop

Hardtarget on
    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    FYI installing the game on the 360 still leaves you with those dumb menu/hard drive acsess pauses inbetween menus. I installed it since those were bugging me so much.

And if anyone was wondering, installing cuts off like 3 seconds for the load times and gets rid of that godawfully loud 360 dvd acsessing noise during those load times.

I didn't play it before installing, but loading has actually been pretty damn good with the game installed from my observation. I'd say it's comparable to (if not slightly better than) an installed Dead Rising 1.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    John ZoidbergJohn Zoidberg Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    For the record I've only had one freezup, during the 'Heist' case. Grabbed an achivement at the same time as the cutscene triggered for completion of the case and it got stuck on a loading screen.

I have had one freeze up also when an achievement popped for me during a coop game.

Word to the wise: I beat the game including overtime with Klyka yesterday. I saved my progress and my save game was Ending S with the only option being restart story. But instead of the usual restart at the safe house it was the whole gameshow deal all over again.

This also meant I lost my maintenance keys and am currently on my way to grab the first Zombrex so I can get them again. Just glad I had not bought any vehicle keys yet.

So I guess if you just want to keep all the good stuff when you restart then I guess you have to beat the case files, get an ending save, restart and then just do all else without actually completing them again and thus not going from an ending save again. I will have to get an ending save one more time at least due to wanting to complete it all coop.

I hope that makes sense.

John Zoidberg on
    Xbox Live: Ink Pouch / PSN: Stiff_Ninja / Origin: PAZoidberg / Steam
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    i dont understand what youre saying really. also i just failed the hell out of the storyline by letting the train escape, so i guess im just gonna dick around killing and rescuing until i die. seems like the way to go! also i made a beer hat.

Ah_Pook on
  • Options
    Ragnar DragonfyreRagnar Dragonfyre Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    i dont understand what youre saying really. also i just failed the hell out of the storyline by letting the train escape, so i guess im just gonna dick around killing and rescuing until i die. seems like the way to go! also i made a beer hat.

You can continue if you fail the storyline? I had a case expire on me and it was like "The truth has slipped away." then it gave me an option to load, restart or quit. No option to continue...

Ragnar Dragonfyre on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    yea theres an option to continue playing there, i guess youll just get a shitty ending or whatever. but you can still go get zombrex, rescue survivors, whatever.

also i just made the best weapon
    blambow=dynamite+bow and arrow

Ah_Pook on
  • Options
    edited September 2010

You can continue if you fail the storyline? I had a case expire on me and it was like "The truth has slipped away." then it gave me an option to load, restart or quit. No option to continue...

My options have always been Load, Restart or Continue. Maybe there is a certain case that you can't continue from? I don't know. But it was even letting me continue when I didn't give Katey Zombrex...

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    John ZoidbergJohn Zoidberg Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

If you beat the story you get an option to save. If you save then that slot just says " Ending xxx " and the only option from that is restart. But unlike choosing restart from a normal save this takes you back to the whole gameshow intro that a normal restart would skip you past.

It also erases any key items you have, keys, etc. It's not that much of a hassle to just get them back again for subsequent restarts but I thought I would just give a heads up.

John Zoidberg on
    Xbox Live: Ink Pouch / PSN: Stiff_Ninja / Origin: PAZoidberg / Steam
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    alright im officially annoyed, what do i have to do to unlock these underground access doors? im stuck down in this tunnel and everywhere i try to resurface is locked.

Ah_Pook on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    alright im officially annoyed, what do i have to do to unlock these underground access doors? im stuck down in this tunnel and everywhere i try to resurface is locked.

God that pissed me off last night. I finally got the "Give Katey Zombrex" arrow to pop up but it completely lied to me about where to go. Really you just have to look at the map and use the door in the bottom right corner, because that's the only one that case opens up.

On a side note, I did find a box of Zombrex down there while my daughter was probably eating everyone in the safe house because daddy was lost in an underground maze :P

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    edited September 2010

God that pissed me off last night. I finally got the "Give Katey Zombrex" arrow to pop up but it completely lied to me about where to go. Really you just have to look at the map and use the door in the bottom right corner, because that's the only one that case opens up.

On a side note, I did find a box of Zombrex down there while my daughter was probably eating everyone in the safe house because daddy was lost in an underground maze :P

Beat case 2-2 for the key

Hotlead Junkie on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Just beat overtime.. wtf where you thinking capcom? i mean great game but .. that ending wtf?
    why the hell would you put a scare shit in a game!? i hate that crap done to me on the internet (yet hilarious watching other people get it)

seriously anyone with weak hearts should not bother finishing overtime mode if you wish to continue living.

Deaderinred on
  • Options
    EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

If you beat the story you get an option to save. If you save then that slot just says " Ending xxx " and the only option from that is restart. But unlike choosing restart from a normal save this takes you back to the whole gameshow intro that a normal restart would skip you past.

It also erases any key items you have, keys, etc. It's not that much of a hassle to just get them back again for subsequent restarts but I thought I would just give a heads up.
    This news saddens me. You sadden me Zoidberg!

EvilMonkey on
    [PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
  • Options
    edited September 2010

good to know. thats the one i failed to get stuck down there heh.

Ah_Pook on
  • Options
    edited September 2010

Aaah, makes more sense now. I was wondering how you got stuck there in the first place but that awnsers it.

Hotlead Junkie on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010

Aaah, makes more sense now. I was wondering how you got stuck there in the first place but that awnsers it.

Yup, same deal for me. Kind of an annoying design there - I wish there was at least a better indication on the map of which door was the unlocked one. Granted I had issues finding the safe room at times too until I realized they marked it differently :P

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Anyone get the collector's edition strategy guide? What is collector's about it?

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    There are a few points where you are better making your own routes what the arrow doesn't take into account, for example

- grabbing a bike from one end of the strip and riding it to another instead of going through the casinos

- going through the sex shop on the strip and using the back door to get into Palisades mall

- there is a route from the exterior of the Atlantica casino and through to the casino itself at one point in the game. Should be obvious when.

- Taking the shortcut when you need to after you unlock it, I actually found the shortcut in DR1 way more useful since that mall was more well 'rounded' meaning you had a lot of ground to cover. in DR2 it's pretty easy to just go across or down the strip on foot or on a bike.

Hotlead Junkie on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    redfield85 wrote: »
    Anyone get the collector's edition strategy guide? What is collector's about it?

Knowing most CE strategy guides - it's probably hardcover and that's the only difference.

Edit:
    There are a few points where you are better making your own routes what the arrow doesn't take into account, for example

An interesting thing I noticed is that it won't direct me to go through whatever the orange map area is (forget the name, it's a Casino I think), even if that's a faster route, because there is a psycho in there.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    DetharinDetharin Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    First playthrough, no restarts and I managed 48 survivors. Was hoping for 50 but didn't quite get there. Still probably another couple playthroughs to get the survivors, and to just screw around with the weapons.

My only complaint is that I had so little time to get everything done i only killed about 2500 zombies the first time through.

Detharin on
  • Options
    Farout FoolioFarout Foolio Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Are there any survivors whose locations aren't indicated in some way by case files or side missions?
    Like they just appear in some area at some point and you have to get lucky or somesuch?

Farout Foolio on
    2tyFzTC.png

• Options
    edited September 2010
    Are there any survivors whose locations aren't indicated in some way by case files or side missions?
    Like they just appear in some area at some point and you have to get lucky or somesuch?

I know of the couple after you escort the first survivor, but it's extremely hard to miss them. Just go back outside before you have to give Katey her Zombrex and they are right there.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    GrathGrath I'm a much happier person these days Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2010
    redfield85 wrote: »

Hardcover
    Giant foldout map
    concept art stuff in the back.

Grath on
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I'm really liking all the zombie killing parts of DR2, but the case files are annoying me. You don't get a reason for the time limits (at least not in the early ones) and when you run out of time Chuck either goes "I ran out of time" or someone else goes "sorry, you ran out of time". Without any clear reasons given. Oh I'm sorry I didn't get back to the safe room the instant you called me, I was kinda busy killing this psycho so that he couldn't kill me and I could rescue this girl.

Peewi on
  • Options
    GrathGrath I'm a much happier person these days Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2010
    Peewi wrote: »
    I'm really liking all the zombie killing parts of DR2, but the case files are annoying me. You don't get a reason for the time limits (at least not in the early ones) and when you run out of time Chuck either goes "I ran out of time" or someone else goes "sorry, you ran out of time". Without any clear reasons given. Oh I'm sorry I didn't get back to the safe room the instant you called me, I was kinda busy killing this psycho so that he couldn't kill me and I could rescue this girl.

them letting you know just basically tells you that you didn't make it there in time and making the restart easier. I suppose they could break less of the 4th wall and have stacey radio you and say "sorry chuck it looks like that suspicious dude you were going to investigate left the area"

Grath on
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I'm getting to the point of the game where you get flooded with people to save and bosses to fight. Still have awhile for the next case so at least I have some breathing room. Im going to give katie zombrex and then try to clear everything up before the next case.

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Isn't that oppressive time limit Dead Rising's thing?

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Isn't that oppressive time limit Dead Rising's thing?

Im not complaining about it I actually like it . Just surprised im feeling the crunch so early.

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    MetallikatMetallikat Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Is there a good, comprehensive weapon combo list out there anywhere?

Metallikat on