Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Chat] you, George Lucas!

15152535456

Posts

  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Man Dead Rising 2 better be waiting for me when I get home or I'm going to literally shit a kitten.

    A little shit covered kitten that I will be so disgusted with, there will be no possible alternative other than a painful death.

    amateurhour on

    Arch wrote: »

    I never expected this burn from captain bushmeat
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    anyway

    I don't think there's anything really crazy about being kind of morbid

    Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »

    I had to spend a long time thinking about it. Took a long time to get it into focus. It's not one of those things that heal by ignoring it.

    I'll get there eventually, I guess I'm just trying to look past it right now, still too fresh, still too hurtful.

    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • ChanusChanus Sugoi! ^_____^Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    Maybe I am angry, I dunno... I just have no sympathy.

    A friend just killed himself with pills and Jameson two weeks ago... just completely out of the blue.

    Fuck.

    It hurts, because as a friend you think "Well fuck I was there why didn't you call me you son of a bitch!" And then you turn it on yourself as you wonder what you could have done differently or what sign you missed. And then the anger just lingers longer then the remorse. I'd like to tell you it gets better, but honestly it never does, part of the reason I attack exercise with such fury is to work out the hate.

    It can, but you have to find your own peace with it.

    Guess I haven't gotten there yet, try not to think about it honestly. It's a sore subject like voting for John Kerry or jerking off to grace jones.

    I had to spend a long time thinking about it. Took a long time to get it into focus. It's not one of those things that heal by ignoring it.

    I had a friend about five years ago basically do a suicide-by-cop... but he was seriously disturbed and way off the deep end, babbling about shadow governments and stuff... I thought he had gone in for treatment and then two months later, he's dead outside of Ft. Eustis. That was tragic, but I could wrap my head around it.

    This time, it's just a guy who up and Joplined himself for no apparent reason. How the fuck do you reconcile that?

    Chanus on
    **Winner Softest and Most Comfy Hugs Award Summer 2018**

    Blueberrywerewlf on the Sony Anime Games Box | BluberryWerewlf on the BroBone
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    Variable wrote: »
    what exactly is reddit

    Amateurhours favorite porn site.

    glad I came back to chat to see this


    Seriously, there's some RUDE titties on reddit.

    Thank god I have an iphone when I need my titty fix at work

    amateurhour on

    Arch wrote: »

    I never expected this burn from captain bushmeat
  • ChanusChanus Sugoi! ^_____^Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    Maybe I am angry, I dunno... I just have no sympathy.

    A friend just killed himself with pills and Jameson two weeks ago... just completely out of the blue.

    Fuck.

    It hurts, because as a friend you think "Well fuck I was there why didn't you call me you son of a bitch!" And then you turn it on yourself as you wonder what you could have done differently or what sign you missed. And then the anger just lingers longer then the remorse. I'd like to tell you it gets better, but honestly it never does, part of the reason I attack exercise with such fury is to work out the hate.

    Seriously, I just can't get beyond the "what the fuck?" part.

    If you need someone to talk to chanus, I'm sure someone stable will offer some kind of support.

    I honestly didn't even think I'd bring it up.

    Chanus on
    **Winner Softest and Most Comfy Hugs Award Summer 2018**

    Blueberrywerewlf on the Sony Anime Games Box | BluberryWerewlf on the BroBone
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    Variable wrote: »
    what exactly is reddit

    Amateurhours favorite porn site.

    glad I came back to chat to see this


    Seriously, there's some RUDE titties on reddit.

    Thank god I have an iphone when I need my titty fix at work

    Is this really a thing people do? I've never understood they their could possibly be a market for on-the-go pornography.

    It just cheapens the whole thing.

    electricitylikesme on
  • OrganichuOrganichu jacobkosh Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    hey while we have manically depressed and sometimes suicidal people who use this thread maybe we shouldn't extol the great things about suicide

    i mean, j/s

    Organichu on
  • SarksusSarksus Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Bahaha, I have figured out the name of ionic compounds containing polyatomic ions. I am going to destroy the chemistry test tomorrow. DESTROY IT.

    Sarksus on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Chanus wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    Maybe I am angry, I dunno... I just have no sympathy.

    A friend just killed himself with pills and Jameson two weeks ago... just completely out of the blue.

    Fuck.

    It hurts, because as a friend you think "Well fuck I was there why didn't you call me you son of a bitch!" And then you turn it on yourself as you wonder what you could have done differently or what sign you missed. And then the anger just lingers longer then the remorse. I'd like to tell you it gets better, but honestly it never does, part of the reason I attack exercise with such fury is to work out the hate.

    Seriously, I just can't get beyond the "what the fuck?" part.

    If you need someone to talk to chanus, I'm sure someone stable will offer some kind of support.

    I honestly didn't even think I'd bring it up.

    Well in that case I'm sorry for having that come up, I know personally I don't like to talk about certain things in chat, because there are some real jackals.

    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • GimGim a quietly erotic life Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Variable wrote: »
    what exactly is reddit

    Well, it's not quite a red hot, and it's not quite a pit, but man... [laughs]

    So to answer your question I don't know.

    Gim on
  • PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Organichu wrote: »
    hey while we have manically depressed and sometimes suicidal people who use this thread maybe we shouldn't extol the great things about suicide

    i mean, j/s

    No one is extolling the great things about suicide. In fact, everyone's going on about why and how they wouldn't do it, and how much it hurt when a friend did do it.

    Passerbye on
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    My mom has threatened suicide on me via telephone several times. Going so far as to screeching her tires and making it sound like she drove into oncoming traffic (the road was empty and she just braked hard and turned the wheel).

    Suicide makes me angry and as irrational as you say that the act of suicide is, people's reactions to that act are just as valid (irrationally)

    Ludious on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »

    I had to spend a long time thinking about it. Took a long time to get it into focus. It's not one of those things that heal by ignoring it.

    I'll get there eventually, I guess I'm just trying to look past it right now, still too fresh, still too hurtful.

    Took me over a decade to come to grips with it.
    Chanus wrote: »

    I had a friend about five years ago basically do a suicide-by-cop... but he was seriously disturbed and way off the deep end, babbling about shadow governments and stuff... I thought he had gone in for treatment and then two months later, he's dead outside of Ft. Eustis. That was tragic, but I could wrap my head around it.

    This time, it's just a guy who up and Joplined himself for no apparent reason. How the fuck do you reconcile that?

    What looks like no apparent reason to you doesn't mean it was without reason for him.

    Thomamelas on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    Variable wrote: »
    what exactly is reddit

    Amateurhours favorite porn site.

    glad I came back to chat to see this


    Seriously, there's some RUDE titties on reddit.

    Thank god I have an iphone when I need my titty fix at work

    I just recall after you discovered that content for days that was like all you'd talk about.

    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • OrganichuOrganichu jacobkosh Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Passerbye wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    hey while we have manically depressed and sometimes suicidal people who use this thread maybe we shouldn't extol the great things about suicide

    i mean, j/s

    No one is extolling the great things about suicide. In fact, everyone's going on about why and how they wouldn't do it, and how much it hurt when a friend did do it.

    uh not everyone

    Organichu on
  • GimGim a quietly erotic life Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Ludious wrote: »
    My mom has threatened suicide on me via telephone several times. Going so far as to screeching her tires and making it sound like she drove into oncoming traffic (the road was empty and she just braked hard and turned the wheel).

    Suicide makes me angry and as irrational as you say that the act of suicide is, people's reactions to that act are just as valid (irrationally)

    Jesus, man D:

    Gim on
  • ChanusChanus Sugoi! ^_____^Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »

    I had to spend a long time thinking about it. Took a long time to get it into focus. It's not one of those things that heal by ignoring it.

    I'll get there eventually, I guess I'm just trying to look past it right now, still too fresh, still too hurtful.

    Took me over a decade to come to grips with it.
    Chanus wrote: »

    I had a friend about five years ago basically do a suicide-by-cop... but he was seriously disturbed and way off the deep end, babbling about shadow governments and stuff... I thought he had gone in for treatment and then two months later, he's dead outside of Ft. Eustis. That was tragic, but I could wrap my head around it.

    This time, it's just a guy who up and Joplined himself for no apparent reason. How the fuck do you reconcile that?

    What looks like no apparent reason to you doesn't mean it was without reason for him.

    Yeah, I know. And I know it's something I missed, or just never asked, or he just kept to himself for whatever reason.

    It's just like... too late now.

    Chanus on
    **Winner Softest and Most Comfy Hugs Award Summer 2018**

    Blueberrywerewlf on the Sony Anime Games Box | BluberryWerewlf on the BroBone
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Organichu wrote: »
    Passerbye wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    hey while we have manically depressed and sometimes suicidal people who use this thread maybe we shouldn't extol the great things about suicide

    i mean, j/s

    No one is extolling the great things about suicide. In fact, everyone's going on about why and how they wouldn't do it, and how much it hurt when a friend did do it.

    uh not everyone

    Ok everyone not already mentally off.

    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Also the best way to commit suicide is probably with explosives. Turn yourself to vapor at the epicenter.

    electricitylikesme on
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Organichu wrote: »
    hey while we have manically depressed and sometimes suicidal people who use this thread maybe we shouldn't extol the great things about suicide

    i mean, j/s
    I don't know

    it mostly seems like the same platitudes that always pop up when the subject is broached

    Elendil on
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    And to this day my Mom still doesn't get why our relationship is strained and why she isn't allowed in my house

    or why sorry isn't enough

    Ludious on
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    12/12 servers now complete.


    ...it has begun

    amateurhour on

    Arch wrote: »

    I never expected this burn from captain bushmeat
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD along with you if I get drunk well I know I'm gonna be gonna be the man whoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Part of the reason I find Mitchell Heisman fascinating is that his suicide wasn't the product of short-term irrationality.

    Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.
    the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Organichu wrote: »
    Passerbye wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    hey while we have manically depressed and sometimes suicidal people who use this thread maybe we shouldn't extol the great things about suicide

    i mean, j/s

    No one is extolling the great things about suicide. In fact, everyone's going on about why and how they wouldn't do it, and how much it hurt when a friend did do it.

    uh not everyone

    I don't think Abby is being serious.

    Passerbye on
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    now, I will say, that if you commit suicide in an especially inconsiderate manner that you are well, an inconsiderate asshole

    like this case I was told about back in driver's ed about a head-on collision beetween a regular car and a trailer

    there were no brake trails at all from the car, and the driver had been a girl with problems

    but man

    that is a supremely shitty thing to do
    Yeah, a woman in Chicago did this, killed 3 people but was barely injured herself. She got 8 years in prison because they found her "mentally ill", it was reduced to just over 3, she actually served about 10 months since she'd been in jail for about 2 years during the trial, and was released.

    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-sliwinski-24-sep24,0,7641351.story

    matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    if I were to commit suicide

    it would definitely be a out-of-the-blue situation for most people

    maybe someone would realize that there were signs that I'm not as happy as I seem

    I can't stand the thought of someone beating themselves up over not noticing before things that I hide so well

    I would never commit suicide for that reason

    because there is no way to say "it's not your fault" and make people believe it

    and even if there were, what would that help?

    People would care if I was dead.

    Sometimes, when I'm really down, I have to repeat that really hard

    but I've never really disbelieved that people care about me a great deal

    I just have trouble remembering it sometimes

    Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I did get a little wrapped up in /gonewild for like three days

    amateurhour on

    Arch wrote: »

    I never expected this burn from captain bushmeat
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Variable wrote: »
    what exactly is reddit

    Amateurhours favorite porn site.

    glad I came back to chat to see this


    Seriously, there's some RUDE titties on reddit.

    Thank god I have an iphone when I need my titty fix at work

    I just recall after you discovered that content for days that was like all you'd talk about.
    Wait until he discovers imagefap.

    :whistle:

    matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I did get a little wrapped up in /gonewild for like three days

    At least you can admit that, I mean it was kind of to the point where I wondered if we might have to have a pornavention.

    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD along with you if I get drunk well I know I'm gonna be gonna be the man whoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Ludious wrote: »
    And to this day my Mom still doesn't get why our relationship is strained and why she isn't allowed in my house

    or why sorry isn't enough

    Yeah, I have an ex like that.

    She doesn't understand why I don't want contact with her. Maybe it has something to do with the three or four times I had to call the cops to haul her out of my apartment because she refused to put down the knife.

    Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.
    the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • AriviaArivia Registered User
    edited September 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Variable wrote: »
    what exactly is reddit

    Amateurhours favorite porn site.

    glad I came back to chat to see this


    Seriously, there's some RUDE titties on reddit.

    Thank god I have an iphone when I need my titty fix at work

    I just recall after you discovered that content for days that was like all you'd talk about.
    Wait until he discovers imagefap.

    :whistle:

    Imagefap is a pretty fantastic thing.

    Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited September 2010
    Ludious wrote: »
    My mom has threatened suicide on me via telephone several times. Going so far as to screeching her tires and making it sound like she drove into oncoming traffic (the road was empty and she just braked hard and turned the wheel).

    Suicide makes me angry and as irrational as you say that the act of suicide is, people's reactions to that act are just as valid (irrationally)

    I agree. I've had the "See ya, I'm going to kill myself now" thing pulled on me by more than one person and I don't really feel any higher obligation to not get fucking livid about it.

    Jacobkosh on
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Also the best way to commit suicide is probably with explosives. Turn yourself to vapor at the epicenter.

    With nuclear weapons

    averting planetwide disaster in the process

    Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    if I were to commit suicide

    it would definitely be a out-of-the-blue situation for most people

    maybe someone would realize that there were signs that I'm not as happy as I seem

    I can't stand the thought of someone beating themselves up over not noticing before things that I hide so well

    I would never commit suicide for that reason

    because there is no way to say "it's not your fault" and make people believe it

    and even if there were, what would that help?

    People would care if I was dead.

    Sometimes, when I'm really down, I have to repeat that really hard

    but I've never really disbelieved that people care about me a great deal

    I just have trouble remembering it sometimes

    See this is why we have serious problems with the cultural acceptance of mental health issues, because as far as I know it comes up time and time again that suicidal people convince themselves it wouldn't greatly distress or inconvenience anyone if they were dead.

    electricitylikesme on
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    My mom has threatened suicide on me via telephone several times. Going so far as to screeching her tires and making it sound like she drove into oncoming traffic (the road was empty and she just braked hard and turned the wheel).

    Suicide makes me angry and as irrational as you say that the act of suicide is, people's reactions to that act are just as valid (irrationally)

    I agree. I've had the "See ya, I'm going to kill myself now" thing pulled on me by more than one person and I don't really feel any higher obligation to not get fucking livid about it.

    Oh you absolutely should get livid about that. that is a fucking horrible thing to do.

    I've never had that happen

    or, well, never believably anyway

    but jesus i'm having trouble imagining someone doing something worse to me

    Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    now, I will say, that if you commit suicide in an especially inconsiderate manner that you are well, an inconsiderate asshole

    like this case I was told about back in driver's ed about a head-on collision beetween a regular car and a trailer

    there were no brake trails at all from the car, and the driver had been a girl with problems

    but man

    that is a supremely shitty thing to do
    Yeah, a woman in Chicago did this, killed 3 people but was barely injured herself. She got 8 years in prison because they found her "mentally ill", it was reduced to just over 3, she actually served about 10 months since she'd been in jail for about 2 years during the trial, and was released.

    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-sliwinski-24-sep24,0,7641351.story

    There's a worse case like this, where the perpetrator is suing the sole suriving member of the family she killed trying to claim it was the pregnant mother of one child who was in the car and died in the accident who swerved into her.

    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    now, I will say, that if you commit suicide in an especially inconsiderate manner that you are well, an inconsiderate asshole

    like this case I was told about back in driver's ed about a head-on collision beetween a regular car and a trailer

    there were no brake trails at all from the car, and the driver had been a girl with problems

    but man

    that is a supremely shitty thing to do
    Yeah, a woman in Chicago did this, killed 3 people but was barely injured herself. She got 8 years in prison because they found her "mentally ill", it was reduced to just over 3, she actually served about 10 months since she'd been in jail for about 2 years during the trial, and was released.

    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-sliwinski-24-sep24,0,7641351.story

    There's a worse case like this, where the perpetrator is suing the sole suriving member of the family she killed trying to claim it was the pregnant mother of one child who was in the car and died in the accident who swerved into her.

    okay these guys are way, way worse

    the truck driver was totally unharmed but you know

    kind of upset that a girl just killed himself against his truck

    if I remember correctly, he doesn't drive anymore

    Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    now, I will say, that if you commit suicide in an especially inconsiderate manner that you are well, an inconsiderate asshole

    like this case I was told about back in driver's ed about a head-on collision beetween a regular car and a trailer

    there were no brake trails at all from the car, and the driver had been a girl with problems

    but man

    that is a supremely shitty thing to do
    Yeah, a woman in Chicago did this, killed 3 people but was barely injured herself. She got 8 years in prison because they found her "mentally ill", it was reduced to just over 3, she actually served about 10 months since she'd been in jail for about 2 years during the trial, and was released.

    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-sliwinski-24-sep24,0,7641351.story

    There's a worse case like this, where the perpetrator is suing the sole suriving member of the family she killed trying to claim it was the pregnant mother of one child who was in the car and died in the accident who swerved into her.
    Saw that too, she's suing the father along with the company that built the bridge she caused the accident under. Of course, the text message she sent her boyfriend seconds before the crash makes her case pretty much unwinnable.

    matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Aww shit, just saw the thread in SE that Greg Giraldo died of a drug overdose.

    :(

    Nocturne on
This discussion has been closed.