Options

Etrian Odyssey 3 - Now includes ships, robots and old people

• Options
    BlurblBlurbl -_- Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    So, does anyone have a good website that I can import Eo3 from? Amazon.com won't ship it to England apparently.

And man, the 2nd stratum in EO2 is so much easier than the first. I'm at the boss in the same time it took me to get to the 3rd floor on the first stratum, and people are dying a hell of a lot less.

Blurbl on
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    You know, I'm wondering what I'm going to subclass some of my guys into, when I get the chance. I figure getting the Arbalistier into Zodiac (for Singularity with the barrages plus all the enemies weak to Thrust) would be a neat idea. But I have no idea where to head everyone else. I have an elemental Zodiac, a Prince, a Wildling, and an Hoplite. I honestly think I might replace the Prince with Anything/Prince instead of subclassing him - the continuous healing passives, being fixed and not particularly benefitting from a Prince's other skills, seem like something that would be better put on someone else? And the few TEC-based abilities would seem to be better put on something like a Monk or a Zodiac than the Prince's nonexistant TEC pool...

Drascin on
    Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    PureauthorPureauthor Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Hoplite/Ninja appears to be the standard. If you can't figure out something else for another class, then just stick Farmer for Watse Not and Harvestry.

Pureauthor on
    SS FC: 1334 0950 5927
    Platinum FC: 2880 3245 5111
  • Options
    CoercionistCoercionist Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Prince is only worth using as a main class if you plan on keeping him in the front row, considering the only thing Prince/ has over /Prince is free TP when buffed (since a majority of your Orders will be going to the front row), and access to Plate armors.

Since you have a Wildling, Hoplite/Ninja might not be the best choice since you already are utilizing the 6th slot. Other decent options include:
    Hoplite/Monk - Ascetic Deeds to heal the Hoplite on skill uses, Another source of bind/status ailment removal and resurrection. For example, since you have Shrug Off, you will be able to get a head bind off of yourself and then be able Unbind the rest of your party.

Hoplite/Farmer - Ok, not exactly an amazing option, but it gives your party a bunch of labyrinth utility, and you'll be able to get Persistence for a free revive if your Hoplite manages to fall.

As for Wildling, as a main class, they are surprisingly self-sustaining. As long as you know when to Dismiss your animal, they effectively cost 1 TP to use. Once you get the animal out, besides from the occasional debuff, you only really use normal attacks. The best way to subclass the Wildling is to complement the fact they rely on normal attacks, or that they hang out in the back row:
    Wildling/Hoplite - This is a good alternative to Hoplite/Ninja since you'll be using animals for your 6th slot. Allows you to have a second Line Guard in the back row. Also to note is that you'll have access to Long Stride, which hits all enemies and has an extremely good damage multiplier in the back row for a multitarget skill.

Wildling/Buccaneer - This combo is more tuned to complementing the Wildling's normal attacks. Swashbuckling to have a Multihit proc, and Lady Luck to passively increase your critical rate. Or, you could go Gun Mastery and an Element Chaser since you have both an Arbalist and Zodiac for multitarget element skills.

Coercionist on
    Pokemon Black FC: 3653 9907 8515
  • Options
    JesuitsJesuits Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I had my Wildling sub Ninja for the threat redirection ability and status spreading. Not really much else benefit, but Wildlings have so many great skills that they don't really need a subclass anyway, beyond the obvious bonus of five skill points.

Jesuits on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Pureauthor wrote: »
    Levels are the prime determiner in how much ass a barefisted Monk... um, punches.

Wolves are the easiest FOE in EO1 by the way, and the second easiest FOE in the series. (The Slaveimps in EO2 are even more pathetic.)

Yeah, I wasn't having any trouble (until I ran out of TP on my medic), but by the end I had 4 Wolves at once (I couldn't kill them fast enough) and I couldn't run away.

I'm having a spot of trouble with defense, to be honest. My front row is P and L, and they still take a ton of damage.

KiTA on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Yeah, I was thinking of Hoplite/Monk, myself - does Ascetic Deeds trigger off any skill as I think it does? Because 90HP self-heal every time you use any defensive ability (and hoplite generally spams Line Guard a lot) sounded really tasty. It was that or Ninja and jack his evasion through the roof - tanks are good, but tanks that attract all the hits but only get hit half the time are better :mrgreen:

That idea with the Wildling/Hoplite I hadn't thought of, though, and it does sound pretty nice. Would give the Wildling something to do with his turns other than mindlessly poking things with his pointy stick :P.

So I have Hoplite/Monk, Arbalist/Zodiac, Wildling/Hoplite. When do I get the secret classes? I think a Shogun is likely to take the Prince's place in the front row - I do rather like the WAAAAAAAGH philosophy their skills seem to exemplify. Don't know if I'll give the Prince sub to the Shogun, or maybe stick it into the Zodiac...

Drascin on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    The Etrian Odyssey Travelogue

Entry Two

*~*
    Alexis

Entry Made: 13th of the month of the Silver Lion, on the Seven Hundredth and Fourteenth year of the Holy Empire.

Well, we’ve set up our guild and we’ve entertained our first few claimants. Most of them were turned away, of course, but we’ve managed to recruit four people who look relatively trustworthy. Our first foray into the Labyrinth is at first light tomorrow – I dearly hope it all goes well.

(Reminder to myself: Have to tell his Majesty to stop ordering the most expensive meals whenever we eat our dinner. As a matter of fact we should probably start patronizing the cheaper eateries the city has to offer anyway.)

*~*

Rook

One week after hanging up the flag on the St. Eris and becoming an explorer, and I haven’t really done much exploring at all yet. Of course that’s set to change soon – heading in tomorrow at dawn. I’ve heard stories about monstrous cats that can swallow a man whole even at the top floor. Heh. Monstrous. They want to talk monsters, they should take a look at some of the beasties out in the sea.

Anyway, the chick with the spear seems to know what she’s doing (I have no idea how she moves about in that armour, though) so I guess I’m in as good hands. Won’t know for certain until we head down tomorrow, of course. The proof of the pudding is in the tasting and all that.

The girl with the knife that joined us seemed kinda nervous. Like she wasn’t sure what she was supposed to do with herself. Hope she knows how to handle herself down there. The other two didn’t talk much, so I dunno, but they look like they’ve seen their share of action before.

Best get myself an early night.

*~*

Adrian

Mood: Excited

Yes! Finally reached Armoroad. After getting stuck in that cramped, smelly ship for two weeks I just about burst from happiness just from setting foot on dry land again. Really didn’t help that they didn’t even have deck space to practice my katas on! You can only go through your meditation exercises so many times, you know!

Master told me to take things slowly and all as usual, but he’s one to talk when he managed to get us signed up into a Guild the first day of arrival. ‘S far as I can tell they’re as green as we are and haven’t even set foot into the maze yet. So much the better! Don’t wanna get shown up by a bunch of veterans on our first day down there, after all.

The Prince guy Jules’ supposed to be the one in charge, but his knight’s the one handling all the busy work. I guess I can relate – Master’s always getting me to do all his menial chores while he takes his naps (Man, I hope he doesn’t read this without me knowing), but I hope the guy doesn’t turn out to be totally useless. Last thing we need is for our leader to a freerider.

I thought about hitting the mat, but Master isn’t back yet and I figured it’d be a good idea to wait for him. Man, I hope he hasn’t lost his way again – he was never too good at directions, and Armoroad’s a pretty big place. Maybe I should go look for him?

Pureauthor on
  • Options
    CoercionistCoercionist Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    The boss of Fifth Stratum has left me in despair. Like, it's not even close.
    Drascin wrote: »
    When do I get the secret classes?
    You get access to the extra classes once you defeat the boss of Third Stratum. The class you unlock on your first playthrough depends on what side you take.

Coercionist on
    Pokemon Black FC: 3653 9907 8515
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    EO1:
    When do I get Ronin and Hexer, and are they worth bothering with?

KiTA on
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    So I picked this up on a lark from amazon, and apparently they decided to ship one DS game in a gigantic box

Though I did get an artbook with it, didn't even know there was one

So far I'm on B2 and I'm kinda overwhelmed with skills and whatnot, apparently mastery skills are poop? Guess I shouldn't have put points in them then

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    KiTA wrote: »
    EO1:
    When do I get Ronin and Hexer, and are they worth bothering with?

At some point in the 3rd(2nd?) stratum, and maybe and yes, respectively.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I now going around in the current areas of the 6th floor...

You'd think a turn-based RPG couldn't be unnerving, but holy shit, I'm tense like no action game manages to make me. Far away from any stairs or shortcut (so bailing means having to restart completely!), surrounded by one-way currents that I have no idea where they'll take me, groups of FOEs round every corner that I have to sneak past, and all this while the nasty random encounters whittle down my resources...

Man, I love this game 8-).

EDIT: ...fuck. Saw a shortcut. Activated it. Happened to be one-way. I'm back near the start. Arrrrrrrrgh. Doubt the TP will last.

Drascin on
  • Options
    Crazy LarryCrazy Larry Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    So far I'm on B2 and I'm kinda overwhelmed with skills and whatnot, apparently mastery skills are poop? Guess I shouldn't have put points in them then

A lot of the mastery skills are important as prerequisites for other skills, but other than that they're a bit underwhelming since they don't apply to skills, just normal attacks for the most part. Wild Mastery is definitely worth mastering though, and I've found Bolt Mastery to be worthwhile for my Arbalist.

Crazy Larry on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Okay, question:
    so I reached the last bit of the current area, where I got jumped on by three FOEs. Given my status, TP-wise, I used an Ariadne thread and simply hauled ass. But now, on going back, I find that Olympia is reacting as if I'd killed them, and threatening me already. So I wonder - can I forego this and go back to the Senatus as the plot says, or is it necessary to go and kill those fishes to, say, stop the currents or whatever?

EDIT: Well, seems it works without going back - because I went back and nothing was there. Ah well. Let's see about getting smashed by Olympia, then :P

Drascin on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Okay, question:
    so I reached the last bit of the current area, where I got jumped on by three FOEs. Given my status, TP-wise, I used an Ariadne thread and simply hauled ass. But now, on going back, I find that Olympia is reacting as if I'd killed them, and threatening me already. So I wonder - can I forego this and go back to the Senatus as the plot says, or is it necessary to go and kill those fishes to, say, stop the currents or whatever?

EDIT: Well, seems it works without going back - because I went back and nothing was there. Ah well. Let's see about getting smashed by Olympia, then :P
    That's one of the only flaws in the writing I've noticed. It's also possible to simply dodge past them back the way you came, and they won't start actively chasing you until you're far enough away that it doesn't matter. Hell, I don't think I could have killed them at that level anyway.

Jesuits on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    B6F
    Jesuits wrote: »
    Okay, question:

That's one of the only flaws in the writing I've noticed. It's also possible to simply dodge past them back the way you came, and they won't start actively chasing you until you're far enough away that it doesn't matter. Hell, I don't think I could have killed them at that level anyway.
    uh i just did that part. she says you shouldn't have been able to survive. she says nothing about killing them. at that part i dodged all the fish and walked back, never starting any foe battle. she says that you shouldn't have survived that many fish, nothing about fighting or killing them

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    There's even a hidden passage you can unlock before you get there that makes dodging trivial.

You're overleveled if you can take all of them on.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Yeah, I was thinking of Hoplite/Monk, myself - does Ascetic Deeds trigger off any skill as I think it does? Because 90HP self-heal every time you use any defensive ability (and hoplite generally spams Line Guard a lot) sounded really tasty. It was that or Ninja and jack his evasion through the roof - tanks are good, but tanks that attract all the hits but only get hit half the time are better :mrgreen:

That idea with the Wildling/Hoplite I hadn't thought of, though, and it does sound pretty nice. Would give the Wildling something to do with his turns other than mindlessly poking things with his pointy stick :P.

So I have Hoplite/Monk, Arbalist/Zodiac, Wildling/Hoplite. When do I get the secret classes? I think a Shogun is likely to take the Prince's place in the front row - I do rather like the WAAAAAAAGH philosophy their skills seem to exemplify. Don't know if I'll give the Prince sub to the Shogun, or maybe stick it into the Zodiac...

Ascetic deeds is that good, yes. Any skill.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Finally hitting B5 in EO1. Wolves are easy. Finally got some TP Regen on my Alchemist, so going to try to get a second spell now. I killed one of those bugs on B3 finally, as well. I'm hovering around level 15. Still don't think I can take out the boss.

KiTA on
  • Options
    Kin33Kin33 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    KiTA wrote: »
    Finally hitting B5 in EO1. Wolves are easy. Finally got some TP Regen on my Alchemist, so going to try to get a second spell now. I killed one of those bugs on B3 finally, as well. I'm hovering around level 15. Still don't think I can take out the boss.

I assume someone has told you about immunize? Its super overpowered and reduces all incoming damage to your party by a lot. It ends up trivializing the game for a lot of fights though.

Kin33 on
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Managed to farm enough money to get the club you get from the conditional drop of the first boss. Didn't take as long as I thought it would, but Narmer is still annoying.

Apparently, a cloning Ninja doesn't count as a one-person party. Oh well, that was fun anyway.

AshtonDragon on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    It counts if you dismiss the clones before the final blow.

All conditional drops only read the condition you finished the fight in.

Pureauthor on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Managed to farm enough money to get the club you get from the conditional drop of the first boss. Didn't take as long as I thought it would, but Narmer is still annoying.

Apparently, a cloning Ninja doesn't count as a one-person party. Oh well, that was fun anyway.

I extremely vaguely remember reading about this a long time ago from people with import copies. I think I barely remember reading that as long as all your clones are gone when he dies, you'll get the conditional drop. The tandem clone attack would work well for this, though you may need to not finish Narmer off with it.

e:f;b

Jesuits on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Well, I about to go for the second Stratum's boss, with a mostly level 19 party. Any suggestions, tips on weaknesses, recommendations to grind, whatever?

And
    where am I supposed to put the Sea Bead?

EDIT: Nevermind, found it. Currents down, time to explore and find this Oceanmaster guy. He sounds like a Yu-gi-oh card, too :P.

Drascin on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    God, I hope these overpowered lumps in B6's drops eventually turn into armor. Cause right now they're doing 33-50% of my max HP a hit. Got a good sword and axe from them, though...

KiTA on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    AAAAAAARGH
    After twenty or thirty turns of fighting Ketos, almost had the bastard (this guy has way too much HP for the TP of my Arbalestier and Prince to hold!), I was already almost tasting victory...

Prevent Order runs out.

No more TP.

Melody. Ocean Rave. GG

*headdesk*

I guess it isn't Etrian Odyssey if you don't get a TPK at least once :P. Anyway, I think I'll stop and level up a bit. I wasn't doing nearly enough damage for my tastes.

EDIT edit: Man, I need to get out of this Diablo "but I'm going to get subclasses really soon I want to save points so I can get to the target subclass skills ASAP" mentality and actually spend some goddamn points. Though I honestly don't know what to raise with the Zodiac...

Drascin on
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    AAAAAAARGH
    After twenty or thirty turns of fighting Ketos, almost had the bastard (this guy has way too much HP for the TP of my Arbalestier and Prince to hold!), I was already almost tasting victory...

Prevent Order runs out.

No more TP.

Melody. Ocean Rave. GG

*headdesk*

I guess it isn't Etrian Odyssey if you don't get a TPK at least once :P. Anyway, I think I'll stop and level up a bit. I wasn't doing nearly enough damage for my tastes.

EDIT edit: Man, I need to get out of this Diablo "but I'm going to get subclasses really soon I want to save points so I can get to the target subclass skills ASAP" mentality and actually spend some goddamn points. Though I honestly don't know what to raise with the Zodiac...
    I've been saving points with my Arbalist, since she's going to sub Shogun and needs a good amount of points to get what she wants there.

Didn't save up with everyone else. Noone was really able to afford it in the 2nd stratum.

AshtonDragon on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I've been saving points with my Arbalist, since she's going to sub Shogun and needs a good amount of points to get what she wants there.

Didn't save up with everyone else. Noone was really able to afford it in the 2nd stratum.

Well, I've managed pretty well up to now, more or less (turtles are a bitch, though) and most of my party has some saved points. The Zodiac has a grand total of 7, since I don't actually know what to raise.

But good news is, I went to farm a bit, to raise money for better equipment (and some anti-sleep charms), and apparently the Take points of the second stratum can give the ingredient for Amritas. Therefore, time to farm for money and TP refills!

Drascin on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    You fought Ketos before gathering stuff from the 2nd Stratum?

Also:

*~*

The Etrian Odyssey Travelogue

Entry Three

*~*
    Jules

Well.

That.

That was certainly an experience.

To be absolutely honest, I hadn’t quite expected getting hurt to, well… hurt this much.

Our initial foray into the forest went along smoothly enough, I suppose. At any rate, we were able to create a decent enough map to satisfy the guards that we weren’t going to get ourselves killed the instant we took a step further into the Labyrinth. We were in relatively high spirits then, which might serve to explain why we allowed ourselves to be ambushed by one of the forest’s denizens.

I’ve heard tales and warnings about the Great Lynx going in, but facing one in battle was a new experience, and one I’m not keen on repeating. We were able to defeat it, of course, but having my arm broken in the process is something I do not feel is an acceptable tradeoff.

The monk (Geoffrey, I believe his name was) has had a look at it, and I’m feeling better – hopefully once Alexis returns with the medicine I sent her to buy it’ll stop hurting like the dickens.

*~*

Alexis

Entry Made: 14th of the month of the Silver Lion, on the Seven Hundredth and Fourteenth year of the Holy Empire.

His Majesty went and got himself wounded in our very first foray into the Labyrinth. As much as I’d like to blame his own carelessness (and believe me, he was most definitely careless), this also reflects on my failings as his guardian. I shall have to do better in the future. At least we’ve been accepted by the local rulers as an official Guild and should be able to progress unimpeded.

Of course, I acknowledge that it would be a much easier task had I access to the royal armouries before we’d set out on our journey, but I suppose I must make do with the equipment we have on hand. That, or purchase better a better set, although the prices in this city seem awfully exorbitant. When I’d questioned the proprietor of one of the local firms, she’d simply shrugged and told me that it was simple supply and demand – if I wasn’t willing or able to pay for her stock, plenty of other people would.

At least she gave me a tip that many firms in the city would be willing to pay money for materials that can only be found in the Labyrinth, including hers. I’m not overjoyed at the prospect of serving as a labour force for people like the storeowner, but I’ll do what I must. Perhaps I should seek out some people who know the Labyrinth well enough to help me harvest its bounty?

*~*

Midori

Wow, the inside of the Labyrinth was so pretty! I dunno what I was really expecting when I first set foot inside there, but there were flowers and waterfalls all over the place! I was so busy admiring the scenery I almost didn’t notice when some fish jumped out of the water to attack me.

Although… are fish supposed to be able to fight when outside of the water? I asked Rook (he’s the pirate guy) about it, and he told me that while it wasn’t that common, he’d seen monsters fight like that out in the ocean too. And in the Labyrinth, all bets are off, or so he says.

So later, after the fighting, when we cleaning the blood off our blades, he asked me how many I’d manage to kill off. I think I’d managed four, and told him as much. And then he told me he’d finished off five! Ugh, his fighting style with that sword of his is so clumsy, how could be better at it than me?

All right, I’m going to have to train harder so I can beat him tally the next time we both enter the Labyrinth. And the sooner I can figure out a way to deal with those giant cats, the better too. One of them jumped us and it could have gotten really messy, but we managed to finish it off before it did too much damage. Our leader got a broken arm, though. Hope it doesn’t take too long to heal – wanna go down and see what else is down there!

*~*

Adrian

Mood: Bored.

Man. Had to sit out their first trip into the Labyrinth, and there was nothing to do the whole day but train. Master came back covered in blood, although most of it wasn’t his, and when I asked him about it he just told me that the stories of the Labyrinth had not been exaggerations.

If Master’s saying something like that, the monsters down there must be really something. I can’t wait to get down there and see it for myself!

Pureauthor on
  • Options
    Dignified PauperDignified Pauper Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    So do subclasses unlock at a certain point or am i stupid?

Dignified Pauper on
    PSN: DignifiedPauper
    3DSFF: 5026-4429-6577
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    End of 2nd Stratum.

Pureauthor on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Pureauthor wrote: »
    You fought Ketos before gathering stuff from the 2nd Stratum?

Well, yeah. Going around with Farmers is pretty hard, so I tended to keep to my "main" party, which doesn't have gathering skills - I had only gathered from B5F. Still, I'm doing so now, trying to get some Abyssal Twigs and Indigo Piths to improve my weaponry.

I really should subclass someone into Farmer ASAP, yeah.

Drascin on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    AAAAAAARGH

Prevent Order runs out.

No more TP.

Melody. Ocean Rave. GG

*headdesk*

Does your Zodiac have maxed Singularity and at least one point in each single-target element spell? You'd be amazed what a difference that skill makes, and being able to exploit almost any weakness means you can get away with casting cheaper spells.

Jesuits on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    AAAAAAARGH

Prevent Order runs out.

No more TP.

Melody. Ocean Rave. GG

*headdesk*

Does your Zodiac have maxed Singularity and at least one point in each single-target element spell? You'd be amazed what a difference that skill makes, and being able to exploit almost any weakness means you can get away with casting cheaper spells.

Of course she does. I went after singularity really early, and then put single points in each elemental attack. And then I had no idea what to raise. I just dumped all the seven points in Ether Mastery to raise damage, I'll just Rest and retrain afterwards, and am heading for another round with that whale bastard. Wish me luck!

Drascin on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    You know, you get 5 extra points right off the bat when you subclass...

Pureauthor on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    AAAAAAARGH

Prevent Order runs out.

No more TP.

Melody. Ocean Rave. GG

*headdesk*

Of course she does. I went after singularity really early, and then put single points in each elemental attack. And then I had no idea what to raise. I just dumped all the seven points in Ether Mastery to raise damage, I'll just Rest and retrain afterwards, and am heading for another round with that whale bastard. Wish me luck!

If you haven't maxed Etheric Charge then that's a great skill to put points into. My Zodiac was able to clear 500 damage at the end of the second stratum with maxed Singularity, Etheric Charge, and just one point in the all the masteries and the single target spells.

Crazy Larry on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    AAAAAAARGH

Prevent Order runs out.

No more TP.

Melody. Ocean Rave. GG

*headdesk*

If you haven't maxed Etheric Charge then that's a great skill to put points into. My Zodiac was able to clear 500 damage at the end of the second stratum with maxed Singularity, Etheric Charge, and just one point in the all the masteries and the single target spells.

Etheric Charge? I must have seen the percentages wrong, then, because I could swear I saw it was only a 200% damage next turn... which sounded kind of useless, really.

In any case, after spending every point, every item, and every everything, Oceanmaster Ketos fell! (seriously, must have spent like a dozen Medicas and like seven Amritas to beat the goddamn thing).

Couldn't stop to get the Formaldehyde through, though. It was really annoying how it'd spam Melody several turns straight to make sure I couldn't have everyone under Protect Order, and then Ocean Rave'd a whole row into submission... the anti-sleep charms didn't seem to do crap, either.

Well, I'm basically ruined money-wise, but I'm through. Time to see how the plot thickens!

Drascin on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    AAAAAAARGH

Prevent Order runs out.

No more TP.

Melody. Ocean Rave. GG

*headdesk*

Etheric Charge? I must have seen the percentages wrong, then, because I could swear I saw it was only a 200% damage next turn... which sounded kind of useless, really.

Yeah, that's what's listed, but in practice it seems to be a bit more. Usually seems to boost damage 2.5-3x. Did a quick run against an Iron Turtle. Unboosted Ice Star did 184. With Etheric Charge it did 544. Not a comprehensive study, obviously, but it's consistent with my other experience.

Crazy Larry on
  • Options
    Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I have to say, I'v been listening to this games soundtrack for a while. But man, the FOE battle theme is so sweet.

Mostlyjoe13 on
    PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -TheNotoriusRNG