Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Assistant Attorney General of Michigan Identifies Greatest Threat To America

13

Posts

  • JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    MrMister wrote: »
    JihadJesus wrote: »
    Well yeah, but you can almost ALWAYS find a reason to fire someone. Don't like the gay dude? Stick him on graveyard for 6 months straight and only order decaff coffee, then fire his ass for cause after he's caught falling asleep on the job. And so forth. Hell, I'd bet a quick check of his browser history on the work desktop would show that blog, and then he's history.

    ... are you advocating workarounds that let the government ignore first amendment protections?

    I'm not advocating them, but I find it hard to believe it doesn't happen. And while you could possibly try a wrongful termination suit or something, the burden would still be on you to prove that the cover story was actually not the reason you were let go (even though it's probably completely accurate and does justify your firing).

    I'm sure there are circumstances where this is doable (history of harassment maybe, or having something that's been ignored become a firing offense the day after the boss finds out you're gay). But there are also going to be tons where it's probably not.

    JihadJesus on
  • juice for jesusjuice for jesus Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    If he worked for a private company and posted that blog he'd be fired so fast, and possibly charged with stalking or harassment to boot. He doesn't get a pass because his employer is the government.

    juice for jesus on
    Lanlaorn wrote: »
    That's just insulting, I think DBZ is bad but I'm not going to insinuate that it only appeals to people who are equal parts retards and psychopaths.
  • MrMisterMrMister A pup must first get in the water to be successful as a seal!Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    He doesn't get a pass because his employer is the government.

    It absolutely matters that the government is involved. A private school can expel you for being a communist; a public school cannot. Private entities can discriminate on viewpoint; the government cannot.

    And yes, people can concoct fake reasons to fire with relative ease. They are often impossible to disprove in court. They are also morally pernicious.

    MrMister on
  • Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA
    edited September 2010
    nstf wrote: »
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Brian888 wrote: »
    This guy is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay in the closet. We can all agree on that one, right?

    He's so deep in the closet, he should be wearing Christmas decorations.

    He's so deep in the closet, he's having adventures in Narnia.

    Which is funny, because Aslan was gay http://www.holyobserver.com/detail.php?isu=v03i03&art=aslan :winky:

    main_aslan.jpg

    Ha!
    Rowling wrote:
    "I'm sure it will blow over soon. In the meantime, I'm planning to spend some of my considerable fortune on some Mr. Pibb and Red Vines—they're crazy delicious.

    Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. 5386-8443-8937Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Rowling trolls a religion.

    Styrofoam Sammich on
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    The rights of government employees to free speech are limited. He probably crosses the line to giving the government enough justification to fire him without violating his rights.
    In the aftermath of Connick, public employees must clear two hurdles in order to
    state a cognizable First Amendment claim alleging they have been discharged for
    the content of their speech:
    • They must show their speech addresses a matter of public concern.
    • They must show their free-speech interests outweigh their
    employer’s efficiency interests.
    The threshold prong of this two-part test — the “public-concern” requirement —
    has proven to be a difficult issue for the federal courts, which have reached widely
    divergent conclusions. How can a court determine whether speech addresses a
    matter of public concern? In Connick, the Supreme Court wrote that a matter of
    public concern is speech “relating to any matter of political, social, or other concern
    to the community.”42
    The Court explained that “whether an employee’s speech addresses a matter of
    public concern must be determined by the content, form, and context of a given
    statement, as revealed by the whole record.”43
    The second prong of the Pickering-Connick test requires courts to balance the
    employee’s and employer’s interests. The Court must weigh whether the speech in
    question:
    • Impairs discipline or harmony among co-workers.
    • Has a detrimental impact on close working relationships for
    which personal loyalty and confidence are necessary.
    • Interferes with the normal operation of the employer’s business.

    Couscous on
  • Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA
    edited September 2010
    I just love that her response boils down to "I'm rich. Fuck you."

    Though I know that would infuriate me if she were saying something I hated.

    Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Technicus RexTechnicus Rex All your base.Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I mean seriously. An adult showing this kind of obsessive interest in some college kid is really creepy.
    Did the kid turn him down at a bar and now he's trying to get revenge?

    I'm guessing it might be one of those acting out to mask his own latent homosexuality things....

    Edit: Damn Sammich beat me to the punch!

    Technicus Rex on
    People like Coldplay and voted for the Nazi's. You can't trust people. - Super Hans.
  • WMain00WMain00 Registered User
    edited September 2010
    Rowling has obviously never read the manuscript then in which "wand" is replaced with "wang" in her books.

    Had she, she'd understand that by all intents EVERYBODY GAY in Harry Potter.

    WMain00 on
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. 5386-8443-8937Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I just love that her response boils down to "I'm rich. Fuck you."

    Though I know that would infuriate me if she were saying something I hated.

    It was more like "trolololol I love red vines silly religious nuts"

    The whole thing was excellent troll bait and her response was the pure nonsense their reaction warranted.

    Styrofoam Sammich on
  • SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I just love that her response boils down to "I'm rich. Fuck you."

    Though I know that would infuriate me if she were saying something I hated.

    It was more like "trolololol I love red vines silly religious nuts"

    The whole thing was excellent troll bait and her response was the pure nonsense their reaction warranted.

    http://www.hulu.com/watch/1397/saturday-night-live-snl-digital-short-lazy-sunday

    Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    WMain00 wrote: »
    Rowling has obviously never read the manuscript then in which "wand" is replaced with "wang" in her books.

    Including the part with the phoenix feather right down the shaft??

    D:
    I guess that just means that after finishing in a blaze of glory it'll resurrect without fail... :winky:

    Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Edith_Bagot-DixEdith_Bagot-Dix Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    WMain00 wrote: »
    Rowling has obviously never read the manuscript then in which "wand" is replaced with "wang" in her books.

    Had she, she'd understand that by all intents EVERYBODY GAY in Harry Potter.

    Except Hermione, who just loves the wand.

    Edith_Bagot-Dix on


    Also on Steam and PSN: twobadcats
  • HozHoz Cool Cat Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Gender neutral housing is the radical fag agenda?

    It's more like the straight guy's "getting laid" agenda.

    Hoz on
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. 5386-8443-8937Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Hoz wrote: »
    Gender neutral housing is the radical fag agenda?

    It's more like the straight guy's "getting laid" agenda.

    Clearly all you have to do is live around a woman long enough and she'll want to sleep with you.

    Styrofoam Sammich on
  • HozHoz Cool Cat Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Yes, one of the conditions of having sex with a woman is being in close proximity to one.

    Is this a controversial insight for you?

    Hoz on
  • Brian888Brian888 Registered User
    edited September 2010
    Hoz wrote: »
    Gender neutral housing is the radical fag agenda?

    It's more like the straight guy's "getting laid" agenda.


    Seriously. I mean, let's break this fruitcake's apparent problem down:

    The Evil Gay Master Plot

    Step 1: Let men and women room together in dorms.

    Step 2: ?

    Step 3: TEH GAY!

    Brian888 on
  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Wait, so is it controversial to suggest or advocate mixed gender housing for college students? That would seem odd.
    I thought single sex dorms or flats went out in the 1970s. Or at least, they certainly did in NZ

    Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. 5386-8443-8937Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Hoz wrote: »
    Yes, one of the conditions of having sex with a woman is being in close proximity to one.

    Is this a controversial insight for you?

    Clearly that is what I said.

    clearly.

    Styrofoam Sammich on
  • override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I'm not sure why it's a gay agenda to have mixed housing.

    It's certainly a straight agenda though.

    override367 on
  • lazegamerlazegamer Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Kalkino wrote: »
    Wait, so is it controversial to suggest or advocate mixed gender housing for college students? That would seem odd.
    I thought single sex dorms or flats went out in the 1970s. Or at least, they certainly did in NZ



    I would be surprised to find out that a significant percentage of universities had co-ed rooms. Co-ed halls and dormitories aren't uncommon though.

    lazegamer on
    Surprise.
    - Spy
  • SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I'm not sure why it's a gay agenda to have mixed housing.

    It's certainly a straight agenda though.

    Because the reason for mixed-gender halls are ostensibly for transgender students who simply can't get housing due to their identity. And with so many schools requiring live in housing, including U of M if I am not mistaken, these students are completely disenfranchised.

    Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    lazegamer wrote: »
    Kalkino wrote: »
    Wait, so is it controversial to suggest or advocate mixed gender housing for college students? That would seem odd.
    I thought single sex dorms or flats went out in the 1970s. Or at least, they certainly did in NZ



    I would be surprised to find out that a significant percentage of universities had co-ed rooms. Co-ed halls and dormitories aren't uncommon though.

    Oh right, sharing rooms rather than floors

    Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    lazegamer wrote: »
    Kalkino wrote: »
    Wait, so is it controversial to suggest or advocate mixed gender housing for college students? That would seem odd.
    I thought single sex dorms or flats went out in the 1970s. Or at least, they certainly did in NZ
    I would be surprised to find out that a significant percentage of universities had co-ed rooms. Co-ed halls and dormitories aren't uncommon though.
    Yeah, coed halls or floors aren't uncommon, even bathrooms I think. But coed rooms I've never heard of.

    JihadJesus on
  • lazegamerlazegamer Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Sentry wrote: »
    I'm not sure why it's a gay agenda to have mixed housing.

    It's certainly a straight agenda though.

    Because the reason for mixed-gender halls are ostensibly for transgender students who simply can't get housing due to their identity. And with so many schools requiring live in housing, including U of M if I am not mistaken, these students are completely disenfranchised.

    This sounds pretty screwy. Are you saying that the schools are denying them housing at the same time as they are requiring them to live on campus as a freshman? That sounds like such an obvious catch-22 as to be unbelievable.

    lazegamer on
    Surprise.
    - Spy
  • override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Sentry wrote: »
    I'm not sure why it's a gay agenda to have mixed housing.

    It's certainly a straight agenda though.

    Because the reason for mixed-gender halls are ostensibly for transgender students who simply can't get housing due to their identity. And with so many schools requiring live in housing, including U of M if I am not mistaken, these students are completely disenfranchised.

    I would put forth that the evil straight agenda of normal god fearing college students to be in proximity to those of the opposite sex and exchange DNA with them is a more pervasive threat to America.

    override367 on
  • SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    lazegamer wrote: »
    Sentry wrote: »
    I'm not sure why it's a gay agenda to have mixed housing.

    It's certainly a straight agenda though.

    Because the reason for mixed-gender halls are ostensibly for transgender students who simply can't get housing due to their identity. And with so many schools requiring live in housing, including U of M if I am not mistaken, these students are completely disenfranchised.

    This sounds pretty screwy. Are you saying that the schools are denying them housing at the same time as they are requiring them to live on campus as a freshman? That sounds like such an obvious catch-22 as to be unbelievable.

    I've worked at two universities where that was precisely the case. They get an exemption to live off-campus, at least typically, or they are required to live in the room attached to their birth gender. It's not uncommon at all, and it drives a lot of transgender students away from higher education.

    Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Hoz wrote: »
    Hoz wrote:
    Gender neutral housing is the radical fag agenda?

    It's more like the straight guy's "getting laid" agenda.
    Clearly all you have to do is live around a woman long enough and she'll want to sleep with you.
    Yes, one of the conditions of having sex with a woman is being in close proximity to one.

    Is this a controversial insight for you?

    Clearly that is what I said.

    clearly.

    Well what did you say then, or intend to imply rather, since what you said is right there?

    Mr_Rose on
    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • lazegamerlazegamer Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Sentry wrote: »
    lazegamer wrote: »
    Sentry wrote: »
    I'm not sure why it's a gay agenda to have mixed housing.

    It's certainly a straight agenda though.

    Because the reason for mixed-gender halls are ostensibly for transgender students who simply can't get housing due to their identity. And with so many schools requiring live in housing, including U of M if I am not mistaken, these students are completely disenfranchised.

    This sounds pretty screwy. Are you saying that the schools are denying them housing at the same time as they are requiring them to live on campus as a freshman? That sounds like such an obvious catch-22 as to be unbelievable.

    I've worked at two universities where that was precisely the case. They get an exemption to live off-campus, at least typically, or they are required to live in the room attached to their birth gender. It's not uncommon at all, and it drives a lot of transgender students away from higher education.

    Ah, well that's not the same thing at all. I understand that the kids are uncomfortable being labeled by their birth gender or being forced to live with people of the same birth gender, but it's not as if the university is denying them housing, they are simply refusing it.

    lazegamer on
    Surprise.
    - Spy
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. 5386-8443-8937Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    Hoz wrote: »
    Hoz wrote:
    Gender neutral housing is the radical fag agenda?

    It's more like the straight guy's "getting laid" agenda.
    Clearly all you have to do is live around a woman long enough and she'll want to sleep with you.
    Yes, one of the conditions of having sex with a woman is being in close proximity to one.

    Is this a controversial insight for you?

    Clearly that is what I said.

    clearly.

    Well what did you say then, or intend to imply rather, since what you said is right there?

    This bizarre notion that some guys have that as soon as they live in the same room as a woman they are totally going to get to have sex with her.

    It kind of sounds like the fears the pro-DADT people have where they assume gay people are going to be raping soldiers in their sleep if we allow them to serve openly.

    Styrofoam Sammich on
  • Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    So would it also be acceptable in your view to force all freshmen to live in dorms coed by room, lazegamer?

    Sammich: 'are totally going to get', no. 'may well have a decent chance', sure.

    Captain Carrot on
  • override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    Hoz wrote: »
    Hoz wrote:
    Gender neutral housing is the radical fag agenda?

    It's more like the straight guy's "getting laid" agenda.
    Clearly all you have to do is live around a woman long enough and she'll want to sleep with you.
    Yes, one of the conditions of having sex with a woman is being in close proximity to one.

    Is this a controversial insight for you?

    Clearly that is what I said.

    clearly.

    Well what did you say then, or intend to imply rather, since what you said is right there?

    This bizarre notion that some guys have that as soon as they live in the same room as a woman they are totally going to get to have sex with her.

    It kind of sounds like the fears the pro-DADT people have where they assume gay people are going to be raping soldiers in their sleep if we allow them to serve openly.

    Or the boy scouts assuming that just because they're gay that they want to have sex with little boys.

    Because you know, all straight guys are totally into little girls

    override367 on
  • lazegamerlazegamer Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    So would it also be acceptable in your view to force all freshmen to live in dorms coed by room, lazegamer?

    I don't really have a problem with gender neutral assignments, no. I can understand why some people might, though. It depends on the purposes of the assignment strategy as to whether or not I'd recommend it.

    lazegamer on
    Surprise.
    - Spy
  • SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    lazegamer wrote: »
    Sentry wrote: »
    lazegamer wrote: »
    Sentry wrote: »
    I'm not sure why it's a gay agenda to have mixed housing.

    It's certainly a straight agenda though.

    Because the reason for mixed-gender halls are ostensibly for transgender students who simply can't get housing due to their identity. And with so many schools requiring live in housing, including U of M if I am not mistaken, these students are completely disenfranchised.

    This sounds pretty screwy. Are you saying that the schools are denying them housing at the same time as they are requiring them to live on campus as a freshman? That sounds like such an obvious catch-22 as to be unbelievable.

    I've worked at two universities where that was precisely the case. They get an exemption to live off-campus, at least typically, or they are required to live in the room attached to their birth gender. It's not uncommon at all, and it drives a lot of transgender students away from higher education.

    Ah, well that's not the same thing at all. I understand that the kids are uncomfortable being labeled by their birth gender or being forced to live with people of the same birth gender, but it's not as if the university is denying them housing, they are simply refusing it.

    uh huh... so you don't have any problem with a f-m transgender individual who has undergone all the treatment for gender reassignment surgery except the final snip being forced to live with Freshman male who has never even met a gay person before, let alone a transgender one. You think that's perfectly fine? Really? Because to me it's the exact same as refusing them housing, because they don't have a damn choice.

    Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • lazegamerlazegamer Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Sentry wrote: »
    uh huh... so you don't have any problem with a f-m transgender individual who has undergone all the treatment for gender reassignment surgery except the final snip being forced to live with Freshman male who has never even met a gay person before, let alone a transgender one. You think that's perfectly fine? Really? Because to me it's the exact same as refusing them housing, because they don't have a damn choice.

    If the 'freshman male who has never met a gay person' has a problem with it, he can appeal to the housing administration. It's not uncommon for people to appeal their assignments for all kinds of unsubstantial reasons, and there are bigots everywhere. This is what exemptions and single rooms are for.

    lazegamer on
    Surprise.
    - Spy
  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Sentry wrote: »
    uh huh... so you don't have any problem with a f-m transgender individual who has undergone all the treatment for gender reassignment surgery except the final snip being forced to live with Freshman male who has never even met a gay person before, let alone a transgender one. You think that's perfectly fine? Really? Because to me it's the exact same as refusing them housing, because they don't have a damn choice.

    It's a fucked up situation, like forcing an 18 year old girl live with a m-f in the reverse. Then again, I thought this process took years to go from step A (Im a girl in a guys body) to step D (surgical) and housing aside, I don't think it's all that awesome for 16/17 year olds to be pumped up with estrogen/testosterone. That's a grown up decision to make. kids are fucking dumb.

    Deebaser on
    YOLO. Swag. Whatever. Fuck it. Lets do this.
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit I'm a good person yes it's trueRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Sentry wrote: »
    uh huh... so you don't have any problem with a f-m transgender individual who has undergone all the treatment for gender reassignment surgery except the final snip being forced to live with Freshman male who has never even met a gay person before, let alone a transgender one. You think that's perfectly fine? Really? Because to me it's the exact same as refusing them housing, because they don't have a damn choice.

    It's a fucked up situation, like forcing an 18 year old girl live with a m-f in the reverse. Then again, I thought this process took years to go from step A (Im a girl in a guys body) to step D (surgical) and housing aside, I don't think it's all that awesome for 16/17 year olds to be pumped up with estrogen/testosterone. That's a grown up decision to make. kids are fucking dumb.

    Doogie Howser aside, kids generally aren't practicing medical doctors.

    Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    lazegamer wrote: »
    Sentry wrote: »
    uh huh... so you don't have any problem with a f-m transgender individual who has undergone all the treatment for gender reassignment surgery except the final snip being forced to live with Freshman male who has never even met a gay person before, let alone a transgender one. You think that's perfectly fine? Really? Because to me it's the exact same as refusing them housing, because they don't have a damn choice.

    If the 'freshman male who has never met a gay person' has a problem with it, he can appeal to the housing administration. It's not uncommon for people to appeal their assignments for all kinds of unsubstantial reasons, and there are bigots everywhere. This is what exemptions and single rooms are for.

    What's with the scare quotes? You think they don't exist?

    Captain Carrot on
  • mythagomythago Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Sentry wrote: »
    Because the reason for mixed-gender halls are ostensibly for transgender students who simply can't get housing due to their identity. And with so many schools requiring live in housing, including U of M if I am not mistaken, these students are completely disenfranchised.

    Am I missing something? I went to U of M back in the dark ages and lived on mixed-gender halls, and it wasn't for the benefit of transgender students. We didn't officially have mixed-gender rooms, but a lot of people (like me) had a roommate's opposite-sex SO practically living with us.

    mythago on
    Three lines of plaintext:
    obsolete signature form
    replaced by JPEGs.
  • SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    mythago wrote: »
    Sentry wrote: »
    Because the reason for mixed-gender halls are ostensibly for transgender students who simply can't get housing due to their identity. And with so many schools requiring live in housing, including U of M if I am not mistaken, these students are completely disenfranchised.

    Am I missing something? I went to U of M back in the dark ages and lived on mixed-gender halls, and it wasn't for the benefit of transgender students. We didn't officially have mixed-gender rooms, but a lot of people (like me) had a roommate's opposite-sex SO practically living with us.

    Mixed gender halls are highly common, probably the norm now, it's the male rooms only and female rooms only that is the issue. Gender neutral housing is just here's a space, any gender can live in it.

    Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
Sign In or Register to comment.