As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WH40k] Which wych is which?

• Options
    NaxNax For Sanguinius! Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    It just seems like one of the sculptors had an epiphany one day, and was like "If there are dangling bits, their feet don't actually have to touch the base!" and then everyone said, "WOA! GROUNDBREAKING!"

so now its being over done :P

Nax on
    The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Hmm, the hellion models they have up today look a lot less silly than the one yesterday.

-SPI- on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I think they look pretty sweet :P

Nax on
    The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    This is the longest a thread has gone without me posting in it. Stupid semester taking up all my free time.

I just obtained the Sabbat Worlds Anthology. Looks good. I will start reading it after I finish Richard Castle's new book.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    JJ Rabbit GangmemberRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    So, anyone fancy an an Artemia hellhound? Its been built and basecoated. Got an older style russ here too, still on sprues. As well as 20 cadians and a command squad. Will shove them on ebay if not.

J on
  • Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    This is the longest a thread has gone without me posting in it. Stupid semester taking up all my free time.

I just obtained the Sabbat Worlds Anthology. Looks good. I will start reading it after I finish Richard Castle's new book.

I'm about halfway through it; it's quite interesting reading his editorial note at the start of the book and how these short stories came about in being written.

Am I spoiling anything, in saying that Abnett has said he's already got in mind what he wants to write about with regards to a sequel to Double Eagle (he's already got a title) that's it's just a matter of writing the story?

Redcoat-13 on
    PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Redcoat-13 wrote: »

I'm about halfway through it; it's quite interesting reading his editorial note at the start of the book and how these short stories came about in being written.

Am I spoiling anything, in saying that Abnett has said he's already got in mind what he wants to write about with regards to a sequel to Double Eagle (he's already got a title) that's it's just a matter of writing the story?

Same with the next full Gaunt's novel.

I want both so fucking badly.

Also a Titan sequel that features the Ghosts.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited October 2010
    Those new Hellions look really nice, yes.

Echo on
  • Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I have seen the end of all things, and it is pointy. Dark Eldar codex=win. The only things I am currently worried about being over-costed (in terms of points) is Vect and that doesn't matter because special character, and maybe the two aircraft.

Troops are Kabalites or Wyches, and each has an Elite version with slightly better stats and greater density of special wargear.

Elites (other than those two) are both the Haemonculus units (Wracks and Grotesques), the Mandrakes, Beastmasters, and Incubi.

HS is composed of the Talos, the Parasite engine (cousin to the talos), the Ravager and the two aircraft, with their 36" top speed and crazy missiles, like the one that makes everything under the blast marker suffer instant death unless it can pass a W Test. Yes, W. First wounds test in GW history I believe.

FA is everything else; Hellions, Scourges, Reavers.

At least, that's what I remember. Some of those thigns may be swapped around, but that's the general scheme.

Natively, you can do a Wych army or a Kabal army, or a blend of the two, since they both have units in every category (counting Scourges as Kabalites, though they could be haemonculus units) but it is possible to do a haemonculus army by taking Urien Rakarth and making Wracks a Troops selection.

Oh and yeah, they did clearly pick the very worst Hellion model to use as the preview yesterday. The ones in the book are much nicer.

Mr_Rose on
    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    SJSJ College. Forever.Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    That sounds rad as fuck. I want to do an Eldar army eventually but I'm going to wait until the Craftworld Eldar get redone to make my decision.

SJ on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Yep, looks like I'm starting a DE army.

Echo on
  • Options
    KarilmatKarilmat Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    @Farangu: Where roughly in the Chicago area are you? I live in the city, and I'm also getting started in 40K (with Orks). There are a few good FLGS's in the area that I prefer over the GW stores that I've gone to. If you ever want to try to get a game going, we can try to set something up. Just don't be, like, a rapist or something.

Karilmat on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Who remembers DE beastmasters?

OK, so the beastmasters themselves are still basically wyches. Only they ride Hellion skyboards now (tuned to move like beasts, not JInf) but now thy have access to three kinds of beast. The cheapest is probably the closest to the old warp beasties; multiple attacks, one wound, 4+ invulnerable save.
    The beefiest is the Clawed Fiend; four attacks base, with four wounds. Oh and a rule that gives them +1A for each wound they lose....
    There is a third type, between those two in cost and effectiveness, but those are the ones you'll want, I think.

Mr_Rose on
  • Options
    Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I ran 2 squads of beasts in my Wych army. They were awesome.

So I took out my lightbox and tripod to take some pictures lastnight, but when I went to find my DE Figure case... I realize I put it downstairs in my storage unit a while ago. It's pretty buried right now.

I'll photograph them eventually.

Sharp101 on
  • Options
    MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    hey, tim, you're Arcadian 6th, correct?

Matrias on
    3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Matrias wrote: »
    hey, tim, you're Arcadian 6th, correct?
    Yeah, Timspork commands the Arcadian 6th, with elements of the Necromundan 8th (and a few others) detached to them, I got the 42nd, and a few others have Arcadian regiments as I recall.

Mr_Rose on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Like Rose confirmed, it is the 6th. If Tim doesn't get back to the thread, I have all of his fluff documentation if you need it, Matrias :winky:

Nax on
  • Options
    MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Nax wrote: »
    Like Rose confirmed, it is the 6th. If Tim doesn't get back to the thread, I have all of his fluff documentation if you need it, Matrias :winky:

Nah, I just needed that. Thanks. :)

Matrias on
    3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
  • Options
    edited October 2010

Hah! That slightly frightens me.

Someone had the 11th as well.

Librarian's ghost on

• Options
    edited October 2010
    Best news all day

Nax on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    @Tim: you sent it all to me when I was writing my fluff :) I have the 11th, iirc

Nax on
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Fucks sake. I can't get myself to stick to an idea for a second army. Now I want to do Salamanders again, but not with my current models. Do a pre heresy Salamanders legion, with Crusade armoured tactical marines and Iron armoured, walking assault marines and veterans. Use the Mark IIB land raider as well, but I can't think of an old Rhino conversion kit or predator kit.

I honestly really like this idea, since not only could I just combine it with my salamanders for a bigger force in Apocolypse, but it gives me 2 distinctly different versions of my favorite chapter.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    altmannaltmann Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Ok so see the empty billboard terrain piece that's sitting in the middle of this picture? (spoiler'd for big)
    4788414722_67134058f5_o.jpg

Well I've been trying to find an appropriate "poster" of some such to print out and put on it.

Well, I found it:
    WASHINGTON_FINAL.jpg

altmann on
    Imperator of the Gigahorse Jockeys.

"Oh what a day, what a LOVELY DAY!"

signature.png
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Probably be a bit more thematic with some changes, if you are good with photoshop. Change the top banner to 'For the Emperor' and change 'foreign forces' to 'chaos forces'.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    Mystery.ShadowMystery.Shadow Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Hummmm.... Billiards Table. Nice, sturdy, large, wide open, already 'flocked'....

Mystery.Shadow on
    WARNING! MMO Addiction can Prevent Long-Term Employment, a Meaningful Relationship, and Financial Independence. When's the Next Raid?

I Spent 90% of my Money on Women and Warhammer. The Rest I Wasted.
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    You know the best part of that picture? The American Indians amongst the foreign hordes. :D

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    So yeah. My fiancee bought me a Dremel for my birthday, so I can now order some rare earth magnets and get magnetizing my Carnifex. I found these which are small enough to put in a TMCs arm socket. Would I want 2 magnets in there for stability? Or would 1 be enough.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Karilmat wrote: »
    @Farangu: Where roughly in the Chicago area are you? I live in the city, and I'm also getting started in 40K (with Orks). There are a few good FLGS's in the area that I prefer over the GW stores that I've gone to. If you ever want to try to get a game going, we can try to set something up. Just don't be, like, a rapist or something.

I live in Elmhurst, about 10 minutes from the Downers Grove battle bunker. You'd have to wait a bit to play a game against me; I haven't bought any extra models yet :D

Farangu on
  • Options
    SpamSpam Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    -Loki- wrote: »
    So yeah. My fiancee bought me a Dremel for my birthday, so I can now order some rare earth magnets and get magnetizing my Carnifex. I found these which are small enough to put in a TMCs arm socket. Would I want 2 magnets in there for stability? Or would 1 be enough.

You may want to pick up some slightly bigger magnets, or go with 2-3 magnets in the socket and 1-2 in the arm itself. I'm doing the same with my fexs and hive tyrant at mo, tried 1x 3x2mm magnet in each socket and a metal washer on arm. It holds, but is very floppy, so gonna be replacing washers with magnets too

Spam on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I have discovered that 6mm magnets will fit into a TMC arm hole fine if padded with some green stuff and will give astonishing "grip" with nearly any companion magnet, but you have to shave the arm itself flat to get the join to look right.

Mr_Rose on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I have 1/4" magnets in my Carnifex arm sockets. Needs some work to sink the magnet down in the socket, and then some trimming on the arm itself to make a flat surface for the magnet, and then some greenstuff to cover it up.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    From BoLS:
    Duke Sliscus the Serpent
    a corsair captain- nasty counterpart to Yriel who isn't that great a fighter but gives bonuses to the rest of your army.
    Concept wise he is David Bowie in space, a really glam rocker dude.
    Can confer 3+ Poisoned onto one unit's shooting attacks. Also, he is the Dark Eldar character who tore out Lukas The Trickster's heart.

I guess it's time for a rematch!

altmann on

signature.png
  • Options
    SlapnutsSlapnuts Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    altmann wrote: »
    From BoLS:
    Duke Sliscus the Serpent
    a corsair captain- nasty counterpart to Yriel who isn't that great a fighter but gives bonuses to the rest of your army.
    Can confer 3+ Poisoned onto one unit's shooting attacks. Also, he is the Dark Eldar character who tore out Lukas The Trickster's heart.

Oh hell yeah. Now I need a Lukas model...

Slapnuts on
    There are some acts so ruthless, some deeds so unpalatable, that only the Vlka Fenryka are capable of undertaking them. It's what we were bred for. It's the way we were designed. Without qualm or sentiment, without hesitation or whimsy. We take pride in being the only Astartes who will never, under any circumstances, refuse to strike on the Allfather's behalf, no matter what the target, no matter what the cause.
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    altmann wrote: »
    From BoLS:
    Duke Sliscus the Serpent

Lukas is at a severe disadvantage.

-SPI- on
  • Options
    Mystery.ShadowMystery.Shadow Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    BoLS: wrote:
    ...Concept wise he is David Bowie in space, a really glam rocker dude.

And now we need an entire army of 80's Hair Metal Band Members....

Mystery.Shadow on
    WARNING! MMO Addiction can Prevent Long-Term Employment, a Meaningful Relationship, and Financial Independence. When's the Next Raid?

I Spent 90% of my Money on Women and Warhammer. The Rest I Wasted.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    What:

David%20Bowie.jpg

VS

m480237a_99060101429_SWLukas_873x627.jpg

altmann on

signature.png
  • Options
    JJ Rabbit GangmemberRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    It pains me to gaze upon the Lukas model in all its terribleness.

J on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    all those pictures do for me, is confirm that Lukas The Trickster IS David Bowie :P

Nax on
  • Options
    DragonPupDragonPup Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    So one of the new Dark Eldar characters is Vect's ex-wife.

Ponder for a moment on two things.

1) Considering the society, what could have possibly been grounds for divorce in that relationship.

2) How awesome that divorce trial must have been.

DragonPup on
    "I was there, I was there, the day Horus slew the Emperor." -Cpt Garviel Loken

Currently painting: Slowly [flickr]
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    all those pictures do for me, is confirm that Lukas The Trickster IS David Bowie :P

"What a TWEEEEST!"

Gabriel_Pitt on
This discussion has been closed.