As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Beyond Good & Evil HD Remake confirmed for PSN and XBLA!

anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it.Registered User regular
edited October 2010 in Games and Technology
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/09/30/beyond-good-and-evil-hd

Am I the only one who is psyched about this? This is one of my favorite games of all time, and even better it's a good indication that Ubisoft hasn't forgotten about the sequel. :mrgreen:

Steam: offday
anoffday on

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Can't wait for this. I never played all the way through on the PS2 - this will be a chance to rectify that.

Screenshots are fricking nice too...

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/adventure/beyondgoodevilhd/images.html?tag=gallery_summary;image_index

Lindsay Lohan on
  • Options
    MongerMonger I got the ham stink. Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
  • Options
    DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Not to be the naysayer of an awesome game, but isn't the PC version already HD? And like, ten bucks on Steam/GoG?

Darlan on
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Hmm, I guess I can give this game a honest chance now.

Casually Hardcore on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Darlan wrote: »
    Not to be the naysayer of an awesome game, but isn't the PC version already HD? And like, ten bucks on Steam/GoG?
    The PC version has no gamepad support and some graphical bugs. It's adequately functional, but nothing more.

Monger on
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Monger wrote: »
    I am all over it.

All over it.

Nuh uh, I'm all over it more.

And I'm one of the people that never got a chance to play it, so it'll likely be day one for me.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I am all over it.

All over it.

Edit: This will be the fourth time I've bought a copy. :P

Zilla360 on
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I'm worried for the casuals. I wandered the second to last dungeon lost for a while. I hope there's a hint mode.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Never played it.

Now I get to.

SmokeStacks on
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Awesome.

First HD SoTC and Ico and now this, can't wait.

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    Spectral SwallowSpectral Swallow Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Man I hope this does well enough for them to get started on BG&E 2.

Spectral Swallow on
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Never played it.

Now I get to.

This.

Every now and then I'll see it and think "Oh, I heard this was really good, I should get it" and then promptly forget about it.

This will be a reason to actually finally get it.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    VeganVegan Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

Updated textures, models, soundtrack...

Vegan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Never played it.

Now I get to.

This.

Every now and then I'll see it and think "Oh, I heard this was really good, I should get it" and then promptly forget about it.

This will be a reason to actually finally get it.

I almost bought it last time it was on sale on Steam.

Now I'm glad I didn't.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010

This. This is the only reason I'm buying this rerelease. I already own the game on PC, XBox, and Gamecube. I don't really need it again, but I'll buy it in the hopes that it spurs them to bring the series back for more.

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I've only had it for the PS2 and have never beaten it, so getting it on the XBLA should be worth it for me. I'll definitely grab this when it's out.

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Shadowfire wrote: »

This. This is the only reason I'm buying this rerelease. I already own the game on PC, XBox, and Gamecube. I don't really need it again, but I'll buy it in the hopes that it spurs them to bring the series back for more.
    Hopefully they already are working on it. I beat it on Xbox, but I'll be buying it again for the achievements and just to replay an awesome game.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    One of the few games I've purchased multiple times and yet never played (Gamecube version, PS2 version, played the Gametap version, bought the Steam version).

Strong, not overly sexualized female lead, awesome story/atmosphere...

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    this feels like a shameless cash grab
    ...let me get my wallet

SaraLuna on
  • Options
    Road BlockRoad Block Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    The PC version has no gamepad support and some graphical bugs. It's adequately functional, but nothing more.

not to mention god help you if you have a dual core CPU. Say hello to horribly desynchronized cutscenes.

On a not unrelated topic, anyone know how to deal with that? The only solution I've found is using a program that runs both cores full bore, which is obviously not preferable.

Road Block on
  • Options
    Lord YodLord Yod Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Had the Steam version for a long while now. When I first bought it all I had was a shitty laptop that won't run it, now I have a monster desktop that is too overqualified for it.

Maybe now I'll get to play it?

Lord Yod on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    G RolG Rol Dorsia? Nobody goes there anymore... Nell'sRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Finally I can kick my oXbox all the way to the curb. This was the one goddamn game I still wanted to play here and there that never worked on the 360.

EDIT: Wow, those screen shots are fantastic.

G Rol on

G%20Rol.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    anoffday wrote: »
    Shadowfire wrote: »

Hopefully they already are working on it. I beat it on Xbox, but I'll be buying it again for the achievements and just to replay an awesome game.
    They are already working on it. They've been working on it for a while. Ubisoft confirmed a while ago that Ancel and a very small team are more or less taking as much time as they want to make whatever they feel like they need to.

Monger on
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Zilla360 wrote: »
    I am all over it.

All over it.

Edit: This will be the fourth time I've bought a copy. :P

Pfft, that's weak. More like:
    Anywho, looks like I'll be playing a lot of last gen games next year...

If anyone doesn't know yet, Ubisoft are also releasing Prince of Persia, Splinter Cell and Rayman HD Collections for PS3. 360 versions haven't been mentioned but I imagine they'll get them on it somehow, even if they release each game seperately on XBLA.

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    edited October 2010
  • Options
    schmadsschmads Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Sure, I bought it when it was new on the PC, bought it on Steam for $5 and bought it used for the PS2, but I'm pretty sure quadruple-owning it will be optimal.

schmads on
    Battle.net/SC2: Kwisatz.868 | Steam/XBL/PSN/Gamecenter: schmads | BattleTag/D3: Schmads#1144 | Hero Academy & * With Friends: FallenKwisatz | 3DS: 4356-0128-9671
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Own it for the PS2, but never beat it because of a glitch that caused my partner to disappear or something.

If the remake doesn't have problems like this, I'm all over it.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    LCDXXLCDXX A flask of wood and glass Terre Haute, INRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2010
    I missed out on this the first time around.

But not this time.

LCDXX on
    XBL: LCDXX | PSN: LCDXX | Steam: LCDXX