As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Xander Berk[Chat]ly

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Feral wrote: »
    Passerbye wrote: »
    The 'Atheists & Agnostics' thread makes me chuckle. Christians do not represent all religious people, nor does that survey really represent anyone but American Christians. :lol:

Yep. I'm firmly convinced that the strident American atheist is largely a reactionary product of the strident American Christian.

Yes. Though I think it is important to keep in mind which of those two groups has a monopoly on political power that makes Rockefeller look like a chump.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    I figured you would probably be rearranging atoms. The big cost as Passer pointed out is power. Splitting atoms to their base parts takes a lot of energy and tends to release lots of energy as well. Then you would have to take the split pieces and rearrange them in a way that produces the materials you need. Then from there you need to align it in the pattern of what ever you are making be it a car, water or a tasty strawberry.

I think I went way to far in thought process in this.
    Nah, you just took it to the logical conclusion, replicating physical objects requires physical material.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    If I ever found myself in a good financial position with a relatively stable life, I could see myself adopting an older kid, helping them get an education, and supporting them until they become an adult.

But I really wouldn't consider that parenthood so much as charity.

You can do this already, without having them actually living with you (unless you want to, of course). There are plenty of ways to give money to support specific children's educational and room and board needs, outside of those cheesy ones you see commercials for.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2010
    eh in my experience it's not only true of christians

Organichu on
  • Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Echo, what is a StuxNet?

a worm that targets systems in a very specific way, a version of it has apparently caused actual physical damage to the iranian nuclear reactors.

kaleedity on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Doot doot. Waiting fort my girlfriend

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Echo, what is a StuxNet?

Perhaps a google would suffice?

But it's basically this new version of a virus that is going to affect the core systems of the nuclear reactor somewhere in Iran and blow it up.

So it's a digital program capable of doing damage to the physical world. It's a cyber-missile.

Daxon on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited October 2010
    Echo, what is a StuxNet?

It's this bot virus that is horribly complex and targets specific Siemens systems, who just so happens to be present in the Iranian nuclear plant, and some conspiracy nuts consider to be created by American intelligence agencies.

Echo on
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    kaleedity wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    hey kaleedity

you around?

you interested in going to the art walk tonight? it is apparently from 5 to 8

Art walk huh, hmm.

I see you're avoiding my ragna, I see how it is.

In all seriousness I don't mind doing that to hang out. I have no idea what the ramifications of it are besides what's obvious.

Regardless I'm cutting out to be somewhere at 930 tonight

I don't know either, i was just recently informed that apparently I was supposed to go to it tonight?

where ya gotta be?

either way I guess just go to my place at 5, we can figure it out from there

Arch on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Man, you have a fort just for waiting?

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    My father passed his name down to me, I'd like to do the same for a son that I have. But I don't have any other real legacy to pass down.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Heh, Merlin Mann just tooted:
    Yammering about "transparency" makes you seem crooked. It's like constantly reminding people you're not a child molester.

I feel exactly like that when I talk about integrity and privacy and stuff.

Echo on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Though our advances in nanorobotics have been really amazing.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Echo wrote: »
    Echo, what is a StuxNet?

It's this bot virus that is horribly complex and targets specific Siemens systems, who just so happens to be present in the Iranian nuclear plant, and some conspiracy nuts consider to be created by American intelligence agencies.

Well.. who else would make it?

I don't think Israel is capable of that.

Cause I'm racist.

Yar har.

Daxon on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Echo, what is a StuxNet?

That was me editing Echo's post. StuxNet was a very sophisticated virus that somebody infiltrated into an Iranian nuclear reactor. It appears that the virus looks for a specific subsystem of the reactor and will attempt to shut it down on a certain date.

It was basically a custom-built security attack designed specifically for this one purpose. A cyberwarfare magic bullet.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Man, you have a fort just for waiting?

Swype can be a pain

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Organichu wrote: »
    eh in my experience it's not only true of christians

The more I see comments like this the more I realize I must know the most unusual of religious people.

Of course, most Muslims I know are converts or scholars, and most Christians I know have academic backgrounds. In both cases they attend services and study sessions on their own regularly. This probably has something to do with it.
    Echo, what is a StuxNet?

a worm that targets systems in a very specific way, a version of it has apparently caused actual physical damage to the iranian nuclear reactors.

Eeeesh. D:

Passerbye on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Echo, what is a StuxNet?

Or maybe Israeli.

This is the sort of thing that I would expect to come from a government agency, though. I don't think it's nutty to suspect that.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    i am tired of work

its is time for the weekend

please get here faster

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    hey kaleedity

you around?

Art walk huh, hmm.

In all seriousness I don't mind doing that to hang out. I have no idea what the ramifications of it are besides what's obvious.

I don't know either, i was just recently informed that apparently I was supposed to go to it tonight?

where ya gotta be?

Hitting a bar/japanese restaurant near cit mall. Coworkers know people that run the joint. It's become a regular as of late.

kaleedity on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I am outside forbidden planet which is advertising what seems to be a zombie series starting in november

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    This is the sort of thing that I would expect to come from a government agency, though. I don't think it's nutty to suspect that.

FINALLY THANK GOD I AM NOT ALONE

let me tell you about my other theories

Echo on
  • Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    If I ever found myself in a good financial position with a relatively stable life, I could see myself adopting an older kid, helping them get an education, and supporting them until they become an adult.

But I really wouldn't consider that parenthood so much as charity.

Teach him martial arts, give him a motorcycle that matches your crime intercepting car, apprehend the joker, etc etc

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I think now is a time for a cheer-up film. I need cheering up.

Anyone got any recommendations? Cause otherwise I'll watch Up, Stardust, or Wall-E.

Daxon on
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    My father passed his name down to me, I'd like to do the same for a son that I have. But I don't have any other real legacy to pass down.

I'm looking forward to passing on the depression my father gifted to me.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

Being a third can easily lead to being a turd, in my experience. Kids can be vicious creatures.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Echo, what is a StuxNet?

Or maybe Israeli.

It's too focused for me to think it's some random virus writer. I mean those Siemens systems aren't common compared to Windows boxes. And it uses some very clever Windows exploits. Better money in running a bot net then holding a certain factory hostage.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2010
    Go fuck yourself National Express website. Take my details, ask for my password and then tell me my travel reference is ' ', and that you can't send me an email confirmation on the e-ticket I just bought.

Fucking shitty shitty website. now I have to call the cunts tomorrow just to see if I've paid for a ticket I can't receive and shout at somebody.

Bogart on
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I am still torn on having children. Mostly do the amount of genetic crap I carry(Crohn's, AlkalosisSpondilitis and RA). But right now if I don't have kids my generation will be the last generation on my dad's side. My first cousins one doesn't want kids and the other well will not have them for a specific reason.

I'm the last Jones for our family. This doesn't particularly bother me since there are thousands of Jones'.
    Passer Jones. Has a nice ring to it!

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

FINALLY THANK GOD I AM NOT ALONE

let me tell you about my other theories

:O

Seriously, a virus that would have taken a team of 5-10 over 6 months to engineer, targeting specific industrial systems from a particular vendor, manages to get inside an Iranian nuclear power plant by a USB flash drive?

How can that not be backed by some government somewhere?

Feral on

• Options
    edited October 2010
    I am outside forbidden planet which is advertising what seems to be a zombie series starting in november

What the zombie tv show? Yeah I've been tentatively excited about that.

Daxon on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    hey kaleedity

you around?

Art walk huh, hmm.

where ya gotta be?

Hitting a bar/japanese restaurant near cit mall. Coworkers know people that run the joint. It's become a regular as of late.

oh word, sounds pretty cool

Arch on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Bogart wrote: »
    Go fuck yourself National Express website. Take my details, ask for my password and then tell me my travel reference is ' ', and that you can't send me an email confirmation on the e-ticket I just bought.

Fucking shitty shitty website. now I have to call the cunts tomorrow just to see if I've paid for a ticket I can't receive and shout at somebody.

Do they still charge extra for e tickets?

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

Being a third can easily lead to being a turd, in my experience. Kids can be vicious creatures.

nothing more pure and cruel as a child

and yes I just rewatched all of bebop, it's been nearly a decade. That's from the bestest episode.

kaleedity on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    So nice to finally have a tea pot. It sucks to make loose-leaf tea one cup at a time.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    fffffffffffffff uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

this is to everyone who kept talking about minecraft, and also for donkey kong for giving me a mountain on his server

Arch on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU

God damn busy and everyone is a retard.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I am still torn on having children. Mostly do the amount of genetic crap I carry(Crohn's, AlkalosisSpondilitis and RA). But right now if I don't have kids my generation will be the last generation on my dad's side. My first cousins one doesn't want kids and the other well will not have them for a specific reason.

I'm the last Jones for our family. This doesn't particularly bother me since there are thousands of Jones'.
    Passer Jones. Has a nice ring to it!

Hah, my first name is so unbelievably unique that people actually laugh when I say my last name after having said my first.
    i am tired of work

its is time for the weekend

please get here faster

Just a few more hours, then freedom! :)

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

I'm looking forward to passing on the depression my father gifted to me.

I hope to leave my kids good hair.

Considering it will ever only show up on official paperwork until he gets older, it will be less of an issue. And kids can always find something to be mean about. Which is why he'll learn a proper right hook.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    helllp meeee i can'tttt stopppppp

Arch on
This discussion has been closed.