As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW][Chat] Cata cata cata pon! (LOTS OF INFO IN THE OP)

• Options
    PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    you know, I just realized that I didn't bother to grind out master of arms before the patch

ohhhh welll

also fuck you installer go faster goddamit

The OCD achievement whore in me is feeling a little twitchy because I didn't get this one on my warrior but I think I'll live.

Die weapon skills....dieeeeeeeeeeee!

Poketpixie on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Poketpixie wrote: »
    you know, I just realized that I didn't bother to grind out master of arms before the patch

ohhhh welll

also fuck you installer go faster goddamit

The OCD achievement whore in me is feeling a little twitchy because I didn't get this one on my warrior but I think I'll live.

Die weapon skills....dieeeeeeeeeeee!

I failed to get it on my warrior by ONE FUCKING POINT!
    Yes ONE that small detail will annoy me for years

Brainleech on
  • Options
    SejarkiSejarki Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    This patch has generally just upset me. Really upset to hear they removed the Gnomer event, and more generally annoyed I have a subscription payed through until January but the game is more or less unplayable for two months.

Beh. At least I got my Bloodbathed Frostbood Vanquisher 2 weeks ago. We still need two achievements for one more member of the group, including the Lich King achievement, and I'm a bit worried how that will go.

Sejarki on
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Completely and totally unplayable.

Not at all a gross exaggeration.

Dac on
    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    This patch needs some hotfixes.

Xehalus on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2010
    I don't know what goes through their heads. They know Cataclysm would take a while, but didn't plan out their content and left us with a year of table scraps. This patch was obviously rushed, and I'm not even sure what the purpose of the PTR is when numerous bugs present when it first went up are still present. Major aspects of classes are broken (concerning glyphs). Not even the most lazy attempt to make PvP more tolerable was added. While I am enjoying the patch, it's mainly because I'm lucky enough to avoid most of these issues.

I mean, if I didn't have alchemy on my hotbars, I'd have no access to that profession.

This patch will need PATCHES to fix it. It's already been said that the mage glyph bugs cannot be hotfixed, and that's nearly half of their prime glyphs just GONE.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    MonstyMonsty Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    At least I recall GC mentioning that BGs may get a damage debuff if shit is too crazy. Is it too crazy?

Monsty on
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    *reading stuff on the interwebs when suddenly* SHRUUUMPH!

Gyaaa-aargh what in the holy hell was that? Oh, it's just the patcher.

I do not approve of this.

reVerse on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2010
    Monsty wrote: »
    At least I recall GC mentioning that BGs may get a damage debuff if shit is too crazy. Is it too crazy?
    It's been too crazy, and nobody is shocked that Blizzard didn't do shit about it.

Is the healing debuff still active in BGs?

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    VarinnVarinn Vancouver, BCRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    So it seems blizzard loves me more than it loves most of you guys, I installed the first patch set in just a tad over 30 minutes, and am currently downloading the second at 1.9MB/s.

Out of curiosity, what are some system specs around here? Is it a hardware issues that's slowing down everyone's install because my computer is FAR from top notch and seems to be handling it well
    Please don't murder my face

Varinn on
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Lars wrote: »
    Things I noticed:

*My main now has Master Riding, so all flying mounts move at 310% and all ground mounts moved at 100%. Yes, all of them, even the old ones. The only way for me to check this (since Riding doesn't show up in the Profession pane) was to go to a Riding trainer and tell them to display the skills I had already learned.
    *I can't see my lockpicking skill anywhere, but can still pick locks.
    *My DK's Runeforging instantly went from a skill of 1/1 to 300/300 when I activated Blood Presence. I have no idea why (also, every rune in the runeforging panel has an orange 300 with an arrow next to it).
    *You can now sort your guild list by achievement score, or professions (including the ability to pull up lists and see who in the guild can make each recipe!).

1) Riding can be found under the General Tab in your Spell Book.
    2) Lockpicking, I believe, just scales up by 5 automatically with your level. Or you could just be able to lockpick everything if they changed that.
    3) DK Runeforging has some major bug going on where it thinks it's a profession. They hotfixed in an automatic 300 skill up so that you don't need to runeforge your weapon 299 times just to make it usable again. (a process that takes well over 2 hours btw)
    4) Yes, sorting my professions in guild is indeed awesome

shryke on
  • Options
    daggahdaggah Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    "Failed to download information about the next patch."

Dammit.

(Currently stuck on 4.0.0, can't seem to get 4.0.1 to start because of the error above.)

daggah on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    sorting guild by achievement point totals is going to murder us

I am #15 currently

need moar

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Monsty wrote: »

For some.

And by some, I mean Mages.

Fucking christ, I just did Halls of Lightning and the mage pulled 23k DPS on a single target fight.

But, as I said before, anyone who expected PvP to be anything but a clusterfuck was kidding themselves. It's ALWAYS this way after the pre-expansion patch. Have we forgotten 3.0 Ret Pallies so soon?

shryke on
  • Options
    VarinnVarinn Vancouver, BCRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    4.0.1 installed and in game! :D Just under an hour start to finish for both patches together. It looks like I'm one of the very lucky few to have this go so smooth.

Varinn on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    seems like attempted to run 5 man ToC was a poor decision

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    sorting guild by achievement point totals is going to murder us

I am #15 currently

need moar

#1 on my warlock!
    #2 to my brother on my rogue who took a break from raiding!
    Not bad for doing them when i was bored

Brainleech on
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Clicking well while I have a healthstone crashes everyone in my group. Logged in, fighting in a bg, randomly get kicked out and have deserter buff along with everyone in our 3 man premade. Whee

CorriganX on
    n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    seems like attempted to run 5 man ToC was a poor decision

ToC 5 man was hard locking people's comps on the ptr. It crashed my friend's sound driver when we tried to run it.

Beezel on
    PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    CorriganX wrote: »
    Clicking well while I have a healthstone crashes everyone in my group. Logged in, fighting in a bg, randomly get kicked out and have deserter buff along with everyone in our 3 man premade. Whee

Protip: Don't click anything that changes your cursor into a cog.

This includes
    -BG flags
    -Soulwell
    -Ritual of Refreshment
    -Argent Lance Rack
    -Lightwell (lolololol)

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited October 2010
    JAEF wrote: »
    It will fix vanishing in fucking PvP and having arrows in-flight break your shit immediately.

I'm betting on pets sent at you from across WSG will still stick on you like glue though.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    werid dual specs now cost 100g well I wasted 1000 then the other day

Brainleech on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    reVerse wrote: »

I started downloading the patch and went to bed.

I left the speakers on.

2:30 am: WHAAAAAAA

Echo on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    awesome

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    mattclemmattclem Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    So here's a random thought:

One of the big dislikes in our guild at the moment is the Ruby Sanctum minibosses/trash. We're not doing the place on heroic yet.

Is there anything, with the new raid lockouts, preventing a 10-man group clearing to Halion then changing to 25-man to down him? I can't see any reason why not as far as I can tell.

mattclem on
  • Options
    Work SafeWork Safe Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    new tree of life models up on mmo-champ

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2010/october/druidtreeoflife.jpg

way better, imo

Work Safe on
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    CorriganX wrote: »

Protip: Don't click anything that changes your cursor into a cog.

This includes
    -BG flags
    -Soulwell
    -Ritual of Refreshment
    -Argent Lance Rack
    -Lightwell (lolololol)

I got whomped with that a few times. Locks wow up and I have to ctrl-alt-del to get out of it.

BTW, without even mastering my new rotation, I'm doing WAY more DPS now than before. Went through a heroic UK run with my guild and enemies just MELTED. To the point where we killed the first boss before he even iced anyone, and before I even got around to blowing my cooldowns. It was ridiculous.

EDIT: It's probably due to attack power being folded into agility, so now if you had an item with a lot of attack power, it now also provides a bunch of crit too.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    FightTestFightTest Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Initial thoughts after an instance run on each of 3 chars last night.

DK: 2h frost is pretty great. Seems to be a 1kish increase in dps over my old unholy. Need a UI mod to tell me what/when I get the random rune returned, I think. Haven't tried tanking but I gained about 4k hp. Also annoying that you flat out can't Horn of Winter if a longer duration ability is on you so you can't get the RP from it.

War: Tanking feels largely the same, though most people will not wait for a rend > thunderclap before opening up. Kind of a pain in the ass. Unlike DK's HoW you can still shout for rage if a better ability is on you.

Rogue: Also feels roughly the same (as mute). Probably a fair bit of difference fighting a raid boss where I can have some serious uptime on them. (Got HOK and only did the 3 bosses which force you to switch targets.)

Only crashes I had were related to my server dying and greying out for 30 seconds at a time. Though I did initially have some weird bug where my mouselook would fail to "catch" and it would leave me standing there mouseturning while my mouse cursor continued to move around as if I hadn't right clicked.

FightTest on
    MOBA DOTA.
  • Options
    jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Whoa, carbonite 3.31 was causing my framerate to drop to 15 fps. Hopefully either 3.34 won't have the problem or an update will be out soon. I need my carbonite.

jackal on
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Echo wrote: »
    reVerse wrote: »

I started downloading the patch and went to bed.

I left the speakers on.

2:30 am: WHAAAAAAA

I did the exact same thing.

Very poor decision on my part.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Work Safe wrote: »
    new tree of life models up on mmo-champ

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2010/october/druidtreeoflife.jpg

way better, imo
    No.

That looks like something I'd kill over and over to turn in to some quest goblin, or maybe a boss in a 5man. I liked the comic book style of the old tree/elemental.
    Oh well, I won't have to see it for very long periods at a time at least.

Panda4You on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Happy Dancing Tree, you will be missed.

Echo on
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Feelings on the patch last night:

The good:
    My scribe and JCer were making money hand over fist last night.
    I like the new graphics options.
    Most of my addons are working fine.
    Horde defended the first WG after the server came back up.
    The free extra attempt at the tiger and raptor in ZG.
    The new Raid UI is actually pretty good.
    The honor for gem vendor is still up.

The bad:
    Nameplates seem to be severely broken
    Several nasty bugs (see also: Clicking on anything that uses a cogwheel causes a crash).
    Pitbull seems to be having issues with the patch, I was getting weird stuttering until I disabled it.
    Same deal with Guppet...you can't move the button anymore even if it's unlocked.
    Grid is dead right now too.

I'm disabling Pitbull for now and I'll just fly with the standard unitframes. At least the new Raid UI somewhat makes up for it.

Nobody on
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

I can learn to love the new Druid Heals tree form, but I will miss the old one.

This one better have a sick dance animation to make up for it.

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
  • Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I assume removed glyphs are just gone, no replacements? Would've been nice getting something for all those fucking daily cooldowns spent researching that shit.

Panda4You on
  • Options
    Liquid GhostLiquid Ghost DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES, TOO?! Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I finished up most of the download last night, but it looks like the updater is timing out every few minutes, so I'll have to sit down later today and babysit this fucking thing. Once I'm done guiding their downloader/patcher by the hand through each step of the process, I'll be able to join everyone else in their enjoyment of game-crashing bugs that went unfixed throughout the entire PTR, because they released ...

*breathes slowly*

Sunshine and bunnies.

Liquid Ghost on
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    For the record, the Gnomeregan event is over now because of the earthquakes in the main cities. Mekkatorque is currently in Stormwind with Wrynn.

And man, my dps blew without my rotation timers yesterday. I just can't feel anything out properly.

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    leveling resto druid is certifiably easy with free wraths and virtually free rejuv

apparently some glyphs survived. I know that the glyphs that I had equipped (or at least their equivalents) are in my glyph book and are equippable. Which is good because now they're 10-15x more expensive.

kaleedity on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Paladin tanking is like pulling eyelashes out of my anus.

On the flip side Warrior tanking is fun.

However I've noticed that I cannot generate nearly as much aggro as I used to, and everyone else is generating substantially more threat.

I was doing about... 7k tps (vigilance used to bring that up to almost 10k), and everyone else was doing about 8-9k tps. Nax was... an experience. And tanking instances designed for AoE without really anymore AoE tanking abilities is frightening. I'm not looking forward to tanking anything that has more than 2-3 guys anymore.

Thunderclap and shockwave don't build nearly as much threat as a 2 ticks of blizzard or reign of fire.

New raid interface is heckafun. I never really carried smoke bombs but a person that struggled with the Naxx dance since it's inception did it without a problem after I put smokes where the zones were.

FoS was god damn frightening to tank because everyone is still in the "ololAOE" mode. I can't wait for people to get gibbed in level 85 heroics for doing that. That'll teach 'em.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    mattclemmattclem Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Athenor wrote: »
    For the record, the Gnomeregan event is over now because of the earthquakes in the main cities. Mekkatorque is currently in Stormwind with Wrynn.

So, er, what does this mean for "For the Horde!" (Or "For the Alliance!", given that's the one I care about). Two birds with one stone?

mattclem on
This discussion has been closed.