As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW][Chat] Cata cata cata pon! (LOTS OF INFO IN THE OP)

1535456585962

Posts

  • L Ron HowardL Ron Howard Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Well you can kind of make a Female Worgen on beta you just set the look you want and log on and
    become a male worgen! :rotate:

    That's the exactly opposite of Blood Elves.

    L Ron Howard on
  • RizziRizzi Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Stupid streaming thing makes my game lock up.

    Rizzi on
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Riale wrote: »
    There's also a mod that fixes the HH problem. Search CogFix on Curse. Apparently it's an issue with single-line tooltips, and it's also affecting things like mage tables. The mod just turns these specific tooltips off, so it doesn't mess with your regular gameplay.

    I'm glad my girlfriend is a healer. We both have the mod, so we just queue and I trigger the HH, and either people help out, or we duo him down. It's so easy now.

    BTW, don't jump in the water in gundrak. You won't be able to reconnect until they boot you from group.

    bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • tarnoktarnok Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    bowen wrote: »
    Riale wrote: »
    There's also a mod that fixes the HH problem. Search CogFix on Curse. Apparently it's an issue with single-line tooltips, and it's also affecting things like mage tables. The mod just turns these specific tooltips off, so it doesn't mess with your regular gameplay.

    I'm glad my girlfriend is a healer. We both have the mod, so we just queue and I trigger the HH, and either people help out, or we duo him down. It's so easy now.

    BTW, don't jump in the water in gundrak. You won't be able to reconnect until they boot you from group.

    Wait, seriously? Is that related to the cog-wheel bug somehow?

    tarnok on
    Wii Code:
    0431-6094-6446-7088
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I think so. Its happened to someone every single time we've gotten gundrak. Happened to me too.

    bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    So...WoWWiki had an exodus of people and now we have a new wiki backed by Curse. It seems like the guys just straight-up lifted the old wiki's article. WoWWiki has a slightly new design now, but otherwise the two sides are goddamn identical.

    Fucking perfect.

    There was some discussion about it on WoWWiki before the move, and the move was done by some of the main admins of WoWWiki.

    I guess wikia decided to disallow custom skins and their new skin breaks a lot of things, and that sort of made moving all the content a really appealing idea?

    End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpgsteam~tinythumb.png
  • SaerisSaeris Borb Enthusiast flapflapflapflapRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    End wrote: »
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    So...WoWWiki had an exodus of people and now we have a new wiki backed by Curse. It seems like the guys just straight-up lifted the old wiki's article. WoWWiki has a slightly new design now, but otherwise the two sides are goddamn identical.

    Fucking perfect.

    There was some discussion about it on WoWWiki before the move, and the move was done by some of the main admins of WoWWiki.

    I guess wikia decided to disallow custom skins and their new skin breaks a lot of things, and that sort of made moving all the content a really appealing idea?

    That's how it happened, yeah. They didn't like the new look Wikia was imposing, so they left.

    Saeris on
    borb_sig.png
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I don't either. I really don't like maximizing my web browser on my screen and it's about 1024x800 in size and it looks really terrible now.

    bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Rizzi wrote: »
    Argh, Why is there a 5Gb patch, and why is it going to take 30 hours to download?

    Turning off p2p helped the patch download much faster for me, I would try that.

    Jealous Deva on
  • Mnemon-CorbantisMnemon-Corbantis Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    So...WoWWiki had an exodus of people and now we have a new wiki backed by Curse. It seems like the guys just straight-up lifted the old wiki's article. WoWWiki has a slightly new design now, but otherwise the two sides are goddamn identical.

    Fucking perfect.

    I am still of the general belief Curse is evil ...

    Mnemon-Corbantis on
    logo.png
    Empire - Veela Server
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I saw someone with a sick looking raptor from zg

    I need to wowwiki my way in there to atleast try and get an awesome mount. I only have about 50 and none of them attract attention!

    Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    WoWWiki moved because Wikida was making ridiculous demands on layout and such. Basically taking up at least half the screen with ads and useless facebook integration. It pissed all the admins there off, so they left (along with many other wikida sites I hear)

    Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • MasterOfPupetsMasterOfPupets Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Soling ZG for the raptor and tiger are easy. Most annoying part is getting the tiger boss into phase 2.

    MasterOfPupets on
    XBL = MoP54
    PSN = PessimistMaximus
    camo_sig2.png
  • ToddJewellToddJewell Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Is there a listing of any of the low level dungeon changes or the time it takes to complete them?

    I wanted to try to use the dungeon finder but I don't want to have to bail on groups because of time. None of my characters ever did dungeons pre-Hellfire Ramps [well, maybe a couple times?].

    ToddJewell on
  • tallgeezetallgeeze Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    There are no official listings I belive becuase it mostly depends on the group. Most vanilla instances can take from 30 minutes to "how the fuck did I waste my entire afternoon in this place?"

    tallgeeze on
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    WoWWiki moved because Wikida was making ridiculous demands on layout and such. Basically taking up at least half the screen with ads and useless facebook integration. It pissed all the admins there off, so they left (along with many other wikida sites I hear)

    What a great way to instantly remove most of the revenue you're making.

    I imagine wowwiki brought in a metric fuckton of ad revenue. Well, it probably did before they ran ads that exploited flash and everyone blocked them.

    bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Soling ZG for the raptor and tiger are easy. Most annoying part is getting the tiger boss into phase 2.

    it shall be done

    Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Soling ZG for the raptor and tiger are easy. Most annoying part is getting the tiger boss into phase 2.

    You can bug the tiger boss to skip p1, can't you? Or did they fix that?

    Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Variable wrote: »
    Soling ZG for the raptor and tiger are easy. Most annoying part is getting the tiger boss into phase 2.

    it shall be done

    Yeah my wife and I duod that over the weekend. Tiger you have to kill the two priests at the same time while fighting the boss. He has an annoying knockdown attack that just botheresome and they will heal each other.

    Raptor also has a knockdown and when you kill his mount he'll get an enrage buff. I did it as an arms war and it wasn't too hard though I did have my wifes priest in there in case of oh shit moments.

    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Last week, I found I was able to solo both tiger and raptor on my warlock. Since I spent a lot of time draining life, I ended up doing it as affliction.

    End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpgsteam~tinythumb.png
  • AphostileAphostile Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Hmm, I think I will play WoW again and level up my myriad band of sub-80 characters to 80.

    Debating on which to leave or delete so I can run through the sundered world from the beginning though.

    Aphostile on
    Tinychat is dead. Long live Tinychat. D3 BTag: Aphostile#1366 : Steam - ADD ME JERKS : | Xbox Live : LastAphostile | PS4 : Aphostile
  • DacDac Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I have like an 80 DK, an 80 Shaman, 80 Rogue, 80 Paladin, 80 Warrior, 80 Mage, 67 Warlock, 62 Priest (currently leveling), and a 47 Hunter.

    Only reason I don't have a druid is because I have two 80 Warriors. One undead, the other gnome.

    edit: You know you've played too much when you have to think for a minute to remember all of your 80's.

    Dac on
    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • ToddJewellToddJewell Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    How about Scarlet Monastery instances and the Maraudon ones?

    I leveled up to 36 on the priest last night [I didn't get a talent point??] through quests in Stranglethorn. I took a decent beating occasionally as holy but for the most part I was just fine

    ToddJewell on
  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Curse really needs to work on getting their backend servers into shape.

    End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpgsteam~tinythumb.png
  • TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Talent points are every odd level it seems. Like 35, 37, 39 up until 79 or so, then 81-85 you get a point every level.

    TheGerbil on

  • TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    TheGerbil wrote: »
    Talent points are every odd level it seems. Like 35, 37, 39 up until 79 or so, then 81-85 you get a point every level.

    Yeah, in general you get a talent point on odd levels and a skill on evens. But there are some exceptions. If you look at your talents it will say when you get the next point.

    Tomanta on
  • GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Dac wrote: »
    You know you've played too much when you have to think for a minute to remember all of your 80's.

    Or when you're faced with the prospect of deleting 70+ characters to make room for new alts in Cataclysm :?

    Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • EmporiumEmporium Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Insane in the Membrane is a feat of strength, not an achievement. Feats are things that you can't be guaranteed to complete, which is why they're feats and not achievements. Most of them are actually now impossible to complete, and this feat will join a long list of "you had to be there" moments in WoW time.

    The feat isn't being removed of course, those who have it will retain it, however; some of the requirements are, so it will no longer be able to be completed by anyone who has not already done so.

    It's possible that in some very specific situations where someone has completed the reputations which are being removed, but not others that will still be in the game, that it can still be completed. But it's something we're waiting for clarity on, and will let you know as soon as we do.

    Looks like if you are still trying to get the insane title, you'd better hurry up. I've heard that Bloodsail Buccaneers and Shen'dralar are being removed, can anyone in beta confirm or deny that?

    Emporium on
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I believe GC confirmed Bloodsail was going away. I hadn't heard anything on Shen'dralar though.

    Nobody on
  • BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Nobody wrote: »
    I believe GC confirmed Bloodsail was going away. I hadn't heard anything on Shen'dralar though.

    Can you even raise Shen'dralar? How once the quests are done?

    Bizazedo on
    XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    Nobody wrote: »
    I believe GC confirmed Bloodsail was going away. I hadn't heard anything on Shen'dralar though.

    Can you even raise Shen'dralar? How once the quests are done?

    Turning in librams.

    Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Librams is how. Right now librams definitely still work.

    However, some of the components that are needed, such as blood of heroes and abomination stitchings might be hard to get when Cataclysm's content hits.

    Edit: looks you can probably still get that stuff. Still, they took out the goblin prisoner in DM, so who knows what else they have mucked with.

    End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpgsteam~tinythumb.png
  • derangedhermitderangedhermit Madstrike PortugalRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Think i've also read the same for Shen'dralar which sucks :s

    Bloodsail rep is pretty easy anyway right now ... 2-3 hours will get you to honored with them.

    derangedhermit on
    Battle.net: Madstrike#2175 , GuildWars2: Madstrike.1436
  • DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    Variable wrote: »
    Soling ZG for the raptor and tiger are easy. Most annoying part is getting the tiger boss into phase 2.

    it shall be done

    Yeah my wife and I duod that over the weekend. Tiger you have to kill the two priests at the same time while fighting the boss. He has an annoying knockdown attack that just botheresome and they will heal each other.

    Raptor also has a knockdown and when you kill his mount he'll get an enrage buff. I did it as an arms war and it wasn't too hard though I did have my wifes priest in there in case of oh shit moments.

    Slight correction, only one of them is a Priest, Zealot Lor'Khan. She casts a Great Heal that needs to be interrupted. Zealot Zath is essentially a Rogue.

    If any of them is dead for longer than about 10-15 seconds, one of the others will rez the dead ones back to full health.

    On my tanks that I solo with, my DK and Druid have a Macro for Mind Freeze/Skull Bash so that it always casts on my Focus target if I have one. So I focus her before the fight and I can freely switch to whatever mob has the most health out of the three while still being able to easily interrupt her when she starts casting a heal.

    Dranyth on
  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    heh, I do the tiger boss without interrupting at all

    I just keep killing them until they all stay down.

    Personally, the biggest problem is the silence hitting me and then not finishing off one of the guys before one of the other two gets rezzed.

    End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpgsteam~tinythumb.png
  • DourinDourin Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Dac wrote: »
    You know you've played too much when you have to think for a minute to remember all of your 80's.

    Or when you're faced with the prospect of deleting 70+ characters to make room for new alts in Cataclysm :?

    This, so hard. I would pay cash money for the ability to add more character slots to a server. I think I would even be willing to pay upwards of $10/slot. One-time fee, mind you. None of this +$x/month crap.

    But yeah, I'm looking at taking one of my lower alts (mid 50's) and removing her from my guild, giving her her own guild, just so that I can delete my bank character to make room for a worgen alt. Then I need to figure out who to remove to make room for a shaman, since it and mage are the only classes I haven't leveled. That will likely be my 73 rogue being removed, since I think my worgen will be a rogue. I am not happy about having to come to this decision.

    Dourin on
  • L Ron HowardL Ron Howard Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Dranyth wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Variable wrote: »
    Soling ZG for the raptor and tiger are easy. Most annoying part is getting the tiger boss into phase 2.

    it shall be done

    Yeah my wife and I duod that over the weekend. Tiger you have to kill the two priests at the same time while fighting the boss. He has an annoying knockdown attack that just botheresome and they will heal each other.

    Raptor also has a knockdown and when you kill his mount he'll get an enrage buff. I did it as an arms war and it wasn't too hard though I did have my wifes priest in there in case of oh shit moments.

    Slight correction, only one of them is a Priest, Zealot Lor'Khan. She casts a Great Heal that needs to be interrupted. Zealot Zath is essentially a Rogue.

    If any of them is dead for longer than about 10-15 seconds, one of the others will rez the dead ones back to full health.

    On my tanks that I solo with, my DK and Druid have a Macro for Mind Freeze/Skull Bash so that it always casts on my Focus target if I have one. So I focus her before the fight and I can freely switch to whatever mob has the most health out of the three while still being able to easily interrupt her when she starts casting a heal.

    It's 12 seconds. I know this because I spent 20 minutes trying to get them all down, and always ever so slightly missing the window. The rez spell is uninterrptible, and very annoying. It sucks when you've just killed two, and have the other one almost dead when they start it. And you're trying to burst them down, and just miss them, so they rez their ally and then die, making you have to restart the whole thing over again.

    L Ron Howard on
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    So WarCraftPets' Twitter is claiming the "Stop the Fires" orphan daily thing is now dropping the Headless Horseman Loot-Filled Pumpkins. Dunno if it's 100%, but wow...

    Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Oh I know all about that from soloing it on my Prot Pally. The fight lasted quite a bit longer than on my DK tank. I'd just keep switching to the highest health target and slowly whittle them all down until I finished one off, then I'd start going nuts on the other two to try and get them down as soon as I could afterwards. Ugh.

    Dranyth on
  • GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    So WarCraftPets' Twitter is claiming the "Stop the Fires" orphan daily thing is now dropping the Headless Horseman Loot-Filled Pumpkins. Dunno if it's 100%, but wow...

    Well, that's one way to make sure Goldshire stays not on fire for the duration of the event, I guess.

    Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
This discussion has been closed.