As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Castlevania] - BITCH, I EAT PEOPLE!

• Options
    GilderGilder Aw snap Macaroni PartyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Well at least he learned his lesson in Dracula X Chronicles on PSP and stopped fucking around by becoming God Dracula. He finally figured out attacks in human form there that actually work and kill you in seconds if you don't dodge them.

Gilder on
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Chen wrote: »
    It's become a bit of a joke how Dracula always shoots fireballs and volcanic orbs at your general direction. It didn't work with the last 48 Belmonts, doofus, I don't see why it would work now.

I don't know, what with his horrible back problems, it might have worked on Simon if he had tried a bit harder :P

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Ah_Pook wrote: »
    TurboGuard wrote: »
    Is it wrong to have fantasies about summoning the dark crystal demon chick...thing and having my way with her/it?

speaking of castlevania, is there an easy and legal way to get a ton of castlevania music? itunes or something i guess?

If you have a midi to MP3 convertor you can get the NES tracks from a game site I can't remember the name of. Amazon has a few of the soundtracks on DD for $9.99 too.

Capt Howdy on
    Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    cr0wcr0w Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2010
    Ah_Pook wrote: »
    speaking of castlevania, is there an easy and legal way to get a ton of castlevania music? itunes or something i guess?

The Castlevania Dungeon has a pretty huge archive of MP3s you can download, and they're all hosted on Fileplanet. I'm assuming it's legal since it's been around forever. Google Castlevania Dungeon and check it out.

cr0w on
  • Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Chen wrote: »
    Konami should really stop titling their Castlevanias with "x of y". Harmony of Despair, Harmony of Dissonance, it's getting confusing. Seriously, when was the last time they didn't follow this routine?

Well, to be fair Harmony of Dissonance had an entirely different title in Japan and they probably didn't give two geese what it was called in America when they decided they wanted to use the HD initials for the new game.
    In English, Juste's game would have translated to something like "Concert of the Midnight Sun" or "White Night Concerto."

Every game from Rondo until the DS games used a musical reference in the title, then the DS just started using whatever they thought sounded cool at the time (with Dawn of Sorrow obviously be named as such for the DS initials and Sorrow reference to Soma's last game).

Lars on
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    http://twitter.com/#!/Konami/status/27275181249
    Konami wrote:
    Fear not, Vampire Killers. A patch for the PS3 save issue affecting Castlevania: Lords of Shadow is incoming. We’ll update on availability.

SteevL on
  • Options
    jeddy leejeddy lee Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Huh, Symphony of the Night OST available for $10 to download on amazon. Think I'll pick that up tonight.

jeddy lee on
    Backlog Challenge: 0%
    0/8

PS2
    FF X replay

PS3
    God of War 1&2 HD
    Rachet and Clank Future
    MGS 4
    Prince of Persia

Bayonetta
    Fable 3

DS
    FF: 4 heroes of light
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    SteevL wrote: »
    http://twitter.com/#!/Konami/status/27275181249
    Konami wrote:
    Fear not, Vampire Killers. A patch for the PS3 save issue affecting Castlevania: Lords of Shadow is incoming. We’ll update on availability.

whats the save issue? i havent had any issues...

Ah_Pook on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Me neither, so I just looked it up. Apparently the game may just randomly delete your save file when you load it up. So you should either back it up on something or not play until the patch because it's completely random. This also happens on the 360 version but the message is lying. The save file still works perfectly.

Gilder on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    well... thats special.

Ah_Pook on
  • Options
    ToefooToefoo Los Angeles, CARegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Awesome news on that patch! I've been holding off at around Chapter 6, for fear of having my save wiped again on the last boss. :? I love this game, but I don't know if I could take having to start all over for a third time.

I guess in the meantime I'll go (finally) pick up Deadly Premonition and anxiously await the patch.

Toefoo on
    PSN: Soultics
    Weaboo List
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    so the only thing thats bugging me about lord of shadows so far is i find myself falling into pits repeatedly because the game sucks at telling you where you can climb or jump to. like... im obviously supposed to be climbing down this thing but hey, there goes half your life for no reason. maybe its just me, i dunno.

Ah_Pook on
  • Options
    gjaustingjaustin Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Toefoo wrote: »
    Awesome news on that patch! I've been holding off at around Chapter 6, for fear of having my save wiped again on the last boss. :? I love this game, but I don't know if I could take having to start all over for a third time.

I guess in the meantime I'll go (finally) pick up Deadly Premonition and anxiously await the patch.

I've just been backing it up every so often.

gjaustin on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    gjaustin wrote: »
    Toefoo wrote: »

I've just been backing it up every so often.

Yea I could do that...my only (lame) excuse for not backing it up is pure laziness.

It has taken every fiber of my being not to read ending spoilers; I need to know.

Toefoo on
    Weaboo List
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Is SotN on Ps3? I did my exchange for a Ps3 copy and there's the code again! Sorry kiddies, this one goes to my very awesome little cousin who loves Psychonauts, rocks at Brutal Legend, and has exceptional taste for his age.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    is this SOTN code only at certain retailers or what? i didnt notice one but i didnt look real hard either...

Ah_Pook on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I believe only Best Buy had them, but I could have sworn I heard some people who ordered from Amazon got them too.

@Cantido: Yea, they have SotN in the PS Classics section on PSN.

Toefoo on
    Weaboo List
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    i already bought SOTN on there anyway, so i would have just given the code away to someone so whatever. whatever.

man i really with Castlevania X Chronicles was available on the ps3, speaking of castlevania games on the psn. i see the stupid psp version there taunting me all the time.

Ah_Pook on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Wonderful. His dad likes Dante's Inferno. I will correct him while I'm at it. :x

The visual quality between a 360's Component and the Ps3's HDMI cable is staggering. The slowdown in the game is actually no different from Ps3. The book menu is at 60 FPS on the other hand, and the loading between flicking pages is more noticeable. Other than that I am very very pleased. I am playing on Knight this time.

Cantido on
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Just beat the game.

WOW, that was awesome! Hell,the entire game was, so very glad I bought it!

Also,i love Patrick Stewart SO VERY MUCH.
    Can't wait for the DLC!

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Did anyone else think Camilla was like, super easy? I could count the number of times I got hit in this battle on one hand.

I actually died on Olrox, but I just obliterated his master.

That said, the boss is still awesome. Especially the halo timing event at the end.

Walt on
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I watched the trailer out of interest for what Lucascraft was saying about it in the other thread.

So many voice actors I like. Like...so many. As in I like and recognised all the voice actors before they were named. Tell me the english version has japanese voice actors in it? Please?

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Jason Isaacs. I was SURE I knew that voice. Lucius Malfoy,I have BESTED you!

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Played through the demo again, this time taking time to figure out blocking and dodging and the experience improved 200%. As soon as my Best Buy certificate decides to let me print it out, this game is mine.

Ceno on
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I watched the trailer out of interest for what Lucascraft was saying about it in the other thread.

So many voice actors I like. Like...so many. As in I like and recognised all the voice actors before they were named. Tell me the english version has japanese voice actors in it? Please?

No Japanese voice acting in the English version. Sorry.

SteevL on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I'm playing again on Ps3, and I think I'm doing something wrong. I grab the goblins with R2, Gabriel gives them a shank and throws them, then they run away and blow up. The subtitles says Gabriel is supposed to gain a grenade, but that doesn't happen. How the heck did I do this right the first time?

Cantido on
  • Options
    BehemothBehemoth Compulsive Seashell Collector Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Cantido wrote: »
    I'm playing again on Ps3, and I think I'm doing something wrong. I grab the goblins with R2, Gabriel gives them a shank and throws them, then they run away and blow up. The subtitles says Gabriel is supposed to gain a grenade, but that doesn't happen. How the heck did I do this right the first time?

The goblins throw grenades, which you then have to pick up, you'll automatically throw them at the thing you're supposed to blow up, or the nearest enemy if there's nothing to blow up.

Behemoth on
    iQbUbQsZXyt8I.png
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

Dammit.

I might be able to wing it with the Hong Kong version then. Sometimes they have japanese voices with english subs. I'll have to look into it.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    gjaustingjaustin Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

Dammit.

I might be able to wing it with the Hong Kong version then. Sometimes they have japanese voices with english subs. I'll have to look into it.

Why do you even want it in Japanese?

This is a Western developed game and English is the primary language.

gjaustin on
  • Options
    BehemothBehemoth Compulsive Seashell Collector Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    gjaustin wrote: »

Dammit.

Why do you even want it in Japanese?

This is a Western developed game and English is the primary language.

Technically Spanish would be the primary language.

Behemoth on
    iQbUbQsZXyt8I.png
  • Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Ha Ha! The HoD music track pack still gives an error when you try to D/L it. Either they don't know or don't care.

Konami, you ingloriously simple bastards, don't you want our monies? :lol:

Capt Howdy on
    Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    TurboGuardTurboGuard Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

Dammit.

Don't be such a weeaboo.

The English voice actors are excellent.

TurboGuard on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I only wish we still had Kojima being the Chupacabra.

Gilder on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Yeah guys I'm a basement dwelling mouth breathing weaboo because I like a bunch of particular actors and found it cool.

When in actuality I was hoping the hong kong version would have both english AND japanese, because I also want to hear patrick stewart.

Try not to jump on the first available stereotype that comes to hand when talking to people, I know it's hard but you can do it. I believe in you!

Morninglord on
  • Options
    Glenn565Glenn565 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I wouldn't get your hopes up. There's not enough room left on the 360 version for an extra voice track, due to all of the pre-rendered video. And Konami isn't going to include a feature in the PS3 version and not include it in the 360 one, so that's out as well.

Glenn565 on
    3DS code:4511-0654-1976
    NNID: Glenn565
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    A few things I feel could be added to the OP.

1. The fact that you can take screenshots of the artwork on PS3. I bet a lot of people don't know about this.

2. Ditto custom soundtracks on PS3.

3. This awesome collection of doujin Castlevania music.

4. A retrospective review written by me. While I am currently not commissioned to review LoS, I did do a write-up on the next best thing.

Right now on Chapter 5, and they just keep ramping up the epic meter.

I also got an honest-to-God jump scare from the
    Ogre

in Chapter 4. Thing came out of nowhere.

Also, I heard there's a trailer that includes the intro theme to SCIV. Anyone got a link?

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Glenn565 wrote: »
    I wouldn't get your hopes up. There's not enough room left on the 360 version for an extra voice track, due to all of the pre-rendered video. And Konami isn't going to include a feature in the PS3 version and not include it in the 360 one, so that's out as well.

Hmm. Well then since I'm equally interested in both versions, I'll have to look and see which one is cheaper in a few months, when I plan to get it.

The other reason I was looking at importing it is that australia is $$ rape land for games and it's usually significantly cheaper to import it.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I really was hoping the PS3 version would have a Spanish track, and I got momentarily excited when the back of the box listed it (only text).

• Options
    edited October 2010
    That would have been sweet as well.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    The Spanish are really into their horror/fantasy settings (Pan's Labyrinth, REC), so I bet it would've sounded exceptional.