As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat]s Too Precious to Risk in Combat

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Chanus wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »

That's so yesterday's news.

Also, it's awesome.

Is it sped up or something? Seems to be moving much faster than I make a minecart move in-game.

Tamin on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    okay, now I have to get a corgi. I was trying to decide between a shelter dog or a corgi pup from a breeder, but now my mind is made up

http://www.forpaws.org/

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »
    hey Will, given access to the usual array of stores in a city where would you go to get a suit if you needed it fairly quickly? Preferably for less than $500 but that's not a hard limit.

hmm

you're in seattle, right?

it looks like brooks brothers has a seattle store. they'll probably have something for around $500.

also J Crew has some decent suits for less than $500 IIRC, but they tend to be cut for slimmer dudes. might be worth checking out.

you could go to jos a banks, but i wasn't really impressed with their stuff

i recommend against men's wearhouse; their stuff is shitty quality and their style is kind of chintzy.

i guess macy's is hit-or-miss. i wouldn't really recommend it, but in a pinch i guess it would do.

also, you can get a basic, workmanlike suit at target for around $100. i have no idea how it would wear, but pretty much no one in seattle will be able to tell the difference anyways.

edit: oh yeah none of these are the stupid-looking short jacket highwaters super-skinny pants thing. these are fairly classically cut suits. J Crew apparently has two cuts; one for slimmer, athletic dudes and one that is more classically cut. neither is that hipster bullshit.

I had good luck getting a suit at places like Sears and JC Penny. They still hire old men to run the suit department who will take measurements and get you a good fit. I paid like $375 for a suit there and it lasted a good while.

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    hey Will, given access to the usual array of stores in a city where would you go to get a suit if you needed it fairly quickly? Preferably for less than $500 but that's not a hard limit.

hmm

you're in seattle, right?

it looks like brooks brothers has a seattle store. they'll probably have something for around $500.

also J Crew has some decent suits for less than $500 IIRC, but they tend to be cut for slimmer dudes. might be worth checking out.

you could go to jos a banks, but i wasn't really impressed with their stuff

i recommend against men's wearhouse; their stuff is shitty quality and their style is kind of chintzy.

i guess macy's is hit-or-miss. i wouldn't really recommend it, but in a pinch i guess it would do.

also, you can get a basic, workmanlike suit at target for around $100. i have no idea how it would wear, but pretty much no one in seattle will be able to tell the difference anyways.

edit: oh yeah none of these are the stupid-looking short jacket highwaters super-skinny pants thing. these are fairly classically cut suits. J Crew apparently has two cuts; one for slimmer, athletic dudes and one that is more classically cut. neither is that hipster bullshit.

Cool, thanks. God willin' and the creek don't rise this will not be worn often. Got a couple interviews coming up and the first might be this week. Though I am still debating whether to get a suit for it. Might be a bit overdressed. This isn't some "I eat dog food when I can't make a sale" comission only used car sales job. edit: and just in case the sentiment there was not clear - :P

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited October 2010
    my neighbor upstairs just got a corgi pup

he's wicked cute, but runs around a lot

hear him skittering back and forth and bumping into things early in the morning and late at night

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZ0ErJYHS7Q&feature=player_embedded

Shit looks hot.

Really really polish for an Obsidian game.

But I haven't played a game from them that I didn't enjoy.

Sheep on
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Feral wrote: »
    okay, now I have to get a corgi. I was trying to decide between a shelter dog or a corgi pup from a breeder, but now my mind is made up

http://www.forpaws.org/

I found that, but they're not close and they rarely have puppies.

When they do have puppies they have about six and they get about 80 applications.

amateurhour on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    my neighbor upstairs just got a corgi pup

he's wicked cute, but runs around a lot

hear him skittering back and forth and bumping into things early in the morning and late at night

Yeah they really need routine exercise to wear them out. Take them for a walk to the park and play some frisbee or fetch twice a day. Otherwise their schedules get all screwy and they get hyper at weird hours.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I've always found corgis to be really annoying in real life

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Wait Corki is free this week??

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I can't recall my corgis leaping into the water, but they do love water, just to get in and swim around. Mine does leap off the bed like that though, full on frog leg style.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited October 2010
    Cool, thanks. God willin' and the creek don't rise this will not be worn often. Got a couple interviews coming up and the first might be this week. Though I am still debating whether to get a suit for it. Might be a bit overdressed. This isn't some "I eat dog food when I can't make a sale" comission only used car sales job.

i know that east coast is a little more formal than west coast, but our engineers and programmers tend to be slobs just like you guys. maybe not quite as bad, i guess. but i'm still more impressed with an engineer/ programmer who can and will wear a suit to an interview.

i guess you know your market better than i do though.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    It's almost impossible for a suit to be inappropriate for an interview. If you were interviewing to shovel cow manure into a truck then I wouldn't wear a suit but otherwise it's a very good idea. In any case I would definitely rather be overdressed than underdressed.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »

did you not see my joke earlier????

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    There are a large number of photographs of me taken at this trade show that my girlfriend wouldn't approve of. I am particularly proud of the one with me, two Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders, and Miss Nevada. Also the one with me and six male models in some nice DPS uniforms.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I've been pinching my nipple too much it's rubbed raw and bleeding a little. Oops.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    before I escaped, back in Indianola I had a (mostly) Australian Blue Heeler. That dog loved the water. You could throw sticks way out into the puget sound and she'd swim after em. Or even rocks (never quite caught on that they didn't float). That dog actually lived to be just about 20 years old.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Kagera wrote: »
    I've been pinching my nipple too much it's rubbed raw and bleeding a little. Oops.

o_O

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    also, lands end suits are IMO the best value in suiting at the moment, especially if you're not looking for a slim cut. they're reasonably priced, styled suitably and quite durable.

the problem is that you need to know your measurements and it's mail-order only.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I've always found corgis to be really annoying in real life

You just can't handle the cute competition...

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

o_O

Nipple punching's the new pilates.

Quid on
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

o_O

It's a thing I do. It's not sexual I guess I just like pinching my nipples. I should probably do better things with my hands.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »

Yes I saw you say that he's free but I wanted to be sure. Who else is free?

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

Yes I saw you say that he's free but I wanted to be sure. Who else is free?

kayle, veigar, singed, pantheon, zilean, katarina, and tristana

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I really wish X-Files would stop showing various animals and/or creatures crawling into / out of / inside the human body.

Tamin on
  • Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    so now you can help hide your infidelity with twix?

who is writing these commercials! seriously!

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Castlevania moar liek Kawaiistlevania

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    actually, I'm not sure about zilean

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Tamin wrote: »
    I really wish X-Files would stop showing various animals and/or creatures crawling into / out of / inside the human body.

It did stop...

...like eight years ago...

amateurhour on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    zilean is the time guy right?

yeah he is free

i've only used kayle and singed so far

guess i'll try someone different tonight

(not a muggle)

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Tarranon wrote: »

Your misogyny too!

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    actually, I'm not sure about zilean

zilean is loads of fun, but he sort of peters out against really good teams

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    singed is so great

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Tamin wrote: »

Recent ep of supernatural had locusts crawling out of a dudes head.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I should get on tonight and pump people full of lead.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Woo, didn't get my ass robbed. The teller was kind of disappointed the box I was carrying (I took the deposit in one of our pastry boxes) only contained a huge amount of money and no actual pastry.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Tarranon wrote: »

Your misogyny too!

I'm just not sure how we got here from 'do these jeans make me look fat'

it's like they seem determined to outdo themselves in being tasteless

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I should get on tonight and pump people full of lead.

just watch out

I hear those battlefield are

well, they're pretty fluid 8-)

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    singed is so great

so annoying to play

HEY GUYS OVER HERE HEY COME CHASE ME

(runs away, sprays gas)

(x30 and then you get a kill)

and

HEY HERE I AM AT THE TOWER HEY I'M JUST OUTSIDE THE RANGE COME ON COME TAKE A BITE

(tosses dude into the tower and throws down glue)

it got kinda old and anyways i sucked at it.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
This discussion has been closed.