As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX East Trading Cards 2011 [Checklist Available!]

• Options
    RdrRdr Rider Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'll try to get a better pic tomorrow, Decius.
    HSZD9.png

Rdr on
  • Options
    ThemiscyraThemiscyra Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I gave myself a drunkenness of 1 basically because more than one glass of alcohol could kill me. :P ...come to think of it I should have put alcohol down as my elemental weakness rather than germs...or maybe sugar.

Themiscyra on
    PAX EAST 2011 Omegathon Finalist - PAX East 2012 Omeganaut
    After time adrift among open stars
    Among tides of light and to shoals of dust
    I will return to where I began
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Finally got around to ordering my cards.
    ORPtB.pnguEiMi.png

Rdr on
  • Options
    DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Rdr wrote: »
    HSZD9.png

Those. Are. Awesome.

Thanks.

Decius on
    camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    Menolly07Menolly07 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Decius: Doctor Whhhhooooooo!! A) I made one of those scarves in 1/3 human scale for a David Tennant doll. Than in 1/4 for a commission for another doll owner. B) Look for me during con.. At some point I'll be wearing a chibi Doctor Whos skirt with a Cybermen ruffle around the bottom. Want that card badly.

Menolly07 on
    Still PAXing strong. [E] for lyfe. ELand forever.
    twitter.com/Menolly07
  • Options
    browncoatbethbrowncoatbeth Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    wow, rdr - your cards look awesome. the drawing of you is great - did you do it yourself?

also, my cards came today and i'm super happy with them, but after looking at your cards i realize i should have put my email address on. dur!

browncoatbeth on

"The bass, the rock, the mic, the treble, I like my coffee black just like my metal." - MSI
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    wow, rdr - your cards look awesome. the drawing of you is great - did you do it yourself?

also, my cards came today and i'm super happy with them, but after looking at your cards i realize i should have put my email address on. dur!

Thanks! :)

The illustration of me was drawn by the awesome lady who is doing all of them for the PAX Pokemon League. I don't know her forum name here but she did such an amazing job on everyone's picture.

Ya, the email address thing hit me at the last minute when I realized I could just give my card out to people I strike up a conversation with and use it as a business card of sorts.

Rdr on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Decius wrote: »
    HSZD9.png

Those. Are. Awesome.

Thanks.

I meant to tell you that you have 182 cards. :)

Rdr on
  • Options
    tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I always understood it as lower the number lower your tolerance.

i took the drunkenness level to mean how drunk i expect to get at pax. mine is a 19, and is surpassed only by my awesomeness (20, as will be demonstrated when i head straight from the hotel bar to some rock band freeplay).

tvethiopia on
    <3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
  • Options
    FragopFragop Registered User new member
    edited February 2011
    Here is my information , if someone could help me out that would be greatly appreciated. This is my first year at PAX, I'm going with my brother (benswimming) and a few friends who have been there last year, and this is something I am deifnitely interested in. If someone is able to help if you could please send me a PM and I'll get you the 2 pictures. Thanks alot for the help, I can't wait to attend my first PAX!

Forum Name (for front and back): Fragop
    Badges: BYOC, Cosplay, Rookie, Scavanger Hunt, Twitter.

Coordination (1-20): 7
    Cleverness (1-20): 16
    Endurance (1-20): 9
    Drunkeness (1-20): 20
    Tactics (1-20): 2
    Awesomeness (1-20): 20

Twitter Handle: Fragop
    Title: Professional Amateur Gamer.
    Hometown: Allentown, PA
    Favorite Game: Counter Strike, Uncharted, Mario, God of War, Fable.
    Elemental Weakness: Late Night Shenanigans.
    Notable Achievements(s): Counter Strike CAL-M.
    Quote: Doodie.

Fragop on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Fragop wrote: »
    Here is my information , if someone could help me out that would be greatly appreciated. This is my first year at PAX, I'm going with my brother (benswimming) and a few friends who have been there last year, and this is something I am deifnitely interested in. If someone is able to help if you could please send me a PM and I'll get you the 2 pictures. Thanks alot for the help, I can't wait to attend my first PAX!

Forum Name (for front and back): Fragop
    Badges: BYOC, Cosplay, Rookie, Scavanger Hunt, Twitter.

Coordination (1-20): 7
    Cleverness (1-20): 16
    Endurance (1-20): 9
    Drunkeness (1-20): 20
    Tactics (1-20): 2
    Awesomeness (1-20): 20

Twitter Handle: Fragop
    Title: Professional Amateur Gamer.
    Hometown: Allentown, PA
    Favorite Game: Counter Strike, Uncharted, Mario, God of War, Fable.
    Elemental Weakness: Late Night Shenanigans.
    Notable Achievements(s): Counter Strike CAL-M.
    Quote: Doodie.

I'll be able to help you. I'll send a PM not to get your pictures.

Rdr on
  • Options
    TuftTuft Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Got mine last night - Didn't count them all but more than 150, less than 200.
    tuft.jpg

Tuft on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Also, for anyone who hasn't ordered yet - if you opt for letting them print their ad stuff on your card it looks like this:
    tag.jpg

Worth saving $10 but that's just me.

Tuft on
  • Options
    browncoatbethbrowncoatbeth Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    tuft your card is adorable! i love how you laid out the pic of you on the front not centered.

also, next year i will TOTALLY be letting jakprints on there - they did a great job w/ the placement, it's super subtle.

browncoatbeth on

"The bass, the rock, the mic, the treble, I like my coffee black just like my metal." - MSI
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    tuft your card is adorable! i love how you laid out the pic of you on the front not centered.

also, next year i will TOTALLY be letting jakprints on there - they did a great job w/ the placement, it's super subtle.

Thanks! Yeah it's hardly noticeable, they did a great job with it. Can't wait to start handing them out :D

Tuft on
  • Options
    BoomShakeBoomShake The Engineer Columbia, MDRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    The promocode "PAXEAST11" also gave a $10 discount. When I called them about using both that and their branding discount, they said they could only use one or the other and would use the promocode by default since it's less intrusive for the same value.

BoomShake on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    BoomShake wrote: »
    The promocode "PAXEAST11" also gave a $10 discount. When I called them about using both that and their branding discount, they said they could only use one or the other and would use the promocode by default since it's less intrusive for the same value.

/shrug. I used both and it cost me $28 - my friend just used the PAXEAST11 code and it cost him $38. Might've been for some other reason but is seems to me like they used both discounts on mine.

Tuft on
  • Options
    WizMasterWizMaster Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I should get my cards Tuesday. I think making the stats clearer would be helpful for next year. Of course, my neurotic behavior pushing me to put the badges on the right can't be helped.

I was wondering if each year would be a different series.

WizMaster on
  • Options
    BoomShakeBoomShake The Engineer Columbia, MDRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Tuft wrote: »

/shrug. I used both and it cost me $28 - my friend just used the PAXEAST11 code and it cost him $38. Might've been for some other reason but is seems to me like they used both discounts on mine.

Man, I must have gotten the rule stickler handling my order, haha.

BoomShake on
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I think something to do for each year is have the year on the front where the PAX logo is and also change the color of the border. Would help differentiate between PAXes. Just something to think about.

edit: Also, great idea with the email and your pokemon team. I was thinking right before I opened this thread that that is something I would like to do next year.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    TweekinatorTweekinator Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Tuft wrote: »

Same thing happened with mine. Got charged $28 instead of $38 and I felt like the prettiest girl at the ball.:)

Tweekinator on
  • Options
    Knuckles056Knuckles056 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    We're still able to order cards, no?

Knuckles056 on
  • Options
    edited February 2011

You should be able to, but you might want to order express shipping if you're concerned about getting them on time. I received mine 4 days after ordering them, but your results may vary.

Tuft on
  • Options
    edited February 2011

There's a 7-10 day turnaround. So depends on when you leave for PAX.

You can order express shipping and rush delivery as well.

Rdr on
  • Options
    edited February 2011

There's a 7-10 day turnaround. So depends on when you leave for PAX.

You can order express shipping and rush delivery as well.

Alright, I'll be ordering mine and my brother's shortly.

EDIT: Submitted both orders. I'll post later when they arrive.

Knuckles056 on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I am so pumped to get my cards tomorrow. I wish I could just go to UPS or wherever and pick them up. From what tracking says, they are in Philly. Bastards!

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    slamonellaslamonella Clue-by-Four Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Mine were supposed to have been delivered Friday but some nitwit at UPS put them on the wrong truck so now I have to wait until Tuesday (tomorrow is a holiday in Massachusetts). :/

slamonella on
    Some people are like Slinkies. They have no practical use whatsoever,
    but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    slamonella wrote: »
    Mine were supposed to have been delivered Friday but some nitwit at UPS put them on the wrong truck so now I have to wait until Tuesday (tomorrow is a holiday in Massachusetts). :/

I think its a holiday cross-country. ;-)

Knuckles056 on
  • Options
    MorgansternMorganstern Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I find myself in the situation where I must requisition yet another of your fine numbers.

Morganstern on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I find myself in the situation where I must requisition yet another of your fine numbers.

#79 is now yours :)

Rdr on
  • Options
    PeasantDavePeasantDave Jersey ShoreRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011

I spoke to my rep at jakprints and as long as you order by Friday, February 25 you will receive your cards before PAX. The biggest exception would be if you are traveling a week before.

PeasantDave on
  • Options
    tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    slamonella wrote: »

in slamonella's defense, i also got confused recently and thought it was patriots day, which is only a holiday in massachusetts, maine, and apparently wisconsin.

tvethiopia on
    <3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Got the email from Jakprints saying my cards were processed. $38 w/shipping.

When I ordered I told them that if the discount code couldn't be applied with their advert then not to put the advert on there.

I only got $10 credit for the code so I guess you can't use the code/advert together. Kinda lame. I told them in my order that I am going to be passing these cards out to people so its good advertising but they still didn't apply it.

Rdr on
  • Options
    fennyfenny Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    i think they're using some crazy magicks over there at jakprints - i finally uploaded my cards and the hubby's after midnight on the 17th (I told myself this was still technically before the 18th - so I didn't completely procrastinate!). I just got an email saying they're scheduled to ship today and will arrive this Wednesday. I didn't do expedited anything, and I picked FedEx 2nd day as my shipping - my total was $38 including shipping and using the PA discount code for each set of cards.

so yeah - i imagine if you're continental US, there's definitely still plenty of time to order! And I've got time in the evenings to help anyone out with the photoshoppin', iffin ya need it :)

fenny on
    GW2: stella mchaggis / maruette
  • Options
    slamonellaslamonella Clue-by-Four Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    It's not a holiday to UPS, who attempted delivery today at my closed office.

slamonella on
    Some people are like Slinkies. They have no practical use whatsoever,
    but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Got the email from Jakprints saying my cards were processed. $38 w/shipping.

When I ordered I told them that if the discount code couldn't be applied with their advert then not to put the advert on there.

I only got $10 credit for the code so I guess you can't use the code/advert together. Kinda lame. I told them in my order that I am going to be passing these cards out to people so its good advertising but they still didn't apply it.

Weird. Must've gotten the same stickler as BoomShake processing your order :P Or maybe if you don't call attention to it and opt for both they throw it through without realizing they're giving you double discounts XD

Tuft on
  • Options
    HolyyakkerHolyyakker Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    So I realized I made one crucial mistake and left "revised" on my cards when they should not have been. Life will go on...

Holyyakker on
    "Beware to March of Dimes" - MacBeth
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Yesssssss. Guess what I have in my possession? :)

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    HeleorHeleor SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    My cards are now at my place. :)

Heleor on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    5466420694_039d65c034.jpg5465822019_242ef919e1.jpg

I am really liking the background image on the back part of the card. It came out well.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png