As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX East Trading Cards 2011 [Checklist Available!]

• Options
    DragonDragon Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    OK, put my order in for these ^^

cSewLl.jpg
    UR5ptl.jpg

Dragon on
  • Options
    HeleorHeleor SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I just got mine in. Got about 280 in total. :)

sam0368.jpg

Heleor on
  • Options
    KiwiKiwi Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Oh man. I just got my badge in the mail and got so excited I whipped up a card.

Now I just need a number, please.

Kiwi on
  • Options
    RdrRdr Rider Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Kiwi wrote: »

I assigned you #81. Let me know if you want something else. :)

Rdr on
  • Options
    ShiggyPopShiggyPop Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    If there is still time I would love to be part of this. PAX East 2011 will by my first PAX and this seems like an awesome way to meet people. However, my Photoshop skills are lacking - if someone would be able to whip together a card for me it would be much appreciated. I'd love card number 72, though if that is taken I'm good with the next available.

PM me or e-mail me (shigun@gmail.com) and I'll get all required information/pictures sent as needed. Thanks!

ShiggyPop on
  • Options
    KiwiKiwi Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Rdr wrote: »
    Kiwi wrote: »

I assigned you #81. Let me know if you want something else. :)

Nah, that's great. Thanks!

Kiwi on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    ShiggyPop wrote: »
    If there is still time I would love to be part of this. PAX East 2011 will by my first PAX and this seems like an awesome way to meet people. However, my Photoshop skills are lacking - if someone would be able to whip together a card for me it would be much appreciated. I'd love card number 72, though if that is taken I'm good with the next available.

PM me or e-mail me (shigun@gmail.com) and I'll get all required information/pictures sent as needed. Thanks!

#72 is taken so I assigned you #82. Do you need someone to pm/email you to help you make your card? Just email me whenever you have the goods to ridermiller@gmail.com and I'll make it for you.

Rdr on
  • Options
    Menolly07Menolly07 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I need another TWO numbers please! Preferably in order, I've gotten some other people's stuff done and have time to do a personal card for myself and a personal card for hubby.

Menolly07 on
    Still PAXing strong. [E] for lyfe. ELand forever.
    twitter.com/Menolly07
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Menolly07 wrote: »
    I need another TWO numbers please! Preferably in order, I've gotten some other people's stuff done and have time to do a personal card for myself and a personal card for hubby.

I assigned you #83 and the hubby #84. Let me know if you want different numbers. :)

Rdr on
  • Options
    edited February 2011

I assigned you #83 and the hubby #84. Let me know if you want different numbers. :)

Nope, those are JUST fine! I will be 83. He shall be 84. For the list, his Twitter handle is @ChaoticMuse. He's not on the forums. Thanks loads.

Menolly07 on
    twitter.com/Menolly07
  • Options
    edited February 2011

Nope, those are JUST fine! I will be 83. He shall be 84. For the list, his Twitter handle is @ChaoticMuse. He's not on the forums. Thanks loads.

lol I put him as Menolly7's Hubby ;)

Rdr on
  • Options
    HolyyakkerHolyyakker Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Trying this again - SHOULD be fine now, if not Moe will yell at me again. :P
    PAX2011(back-small).jpgPAX2011(front-small).jpg
    Put behind spoilers for large size of image (not file size, just screen real estate).

Holyyakker on
    "Beware to March of Dimes" - MacBeth
  • Options
    psychopezpsychopez Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Kinda late, can I get a number as well?
    Have GIMP, assuming I can use that, I'll have an image and order ready to go soon.

psychopez on
    “Myth is the hidden part of every story, the buried part, the region that is still unexplored because there are as yet no words to enable us to get there."

-Italo Calvino
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2011
    psychopez wrote: »
    Kinda late, can I get a number as well?
    Have GIMP, assuming I can use that, I'll have an image and order ready to go soon.

This year's template is not GIMP compatible.

zerzhul on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Awww....hmmm....didn't buttoneer first year at Prime, guess I won't Card-en-neer first year at East.

psychopez on
    “Myth is the hidden part of every story, the buried part, the region that is still unexplored because there are as yet no words to enable us to get there."

-Italo Calvino
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Awww....hmmm....didn't buttoneer first year at Prime, guess I won't Card-en-neer first year at East.

Why not? Email me the info for your card and pics and myself or one of the helpers will make your trading card for you. Easy peasy. ridermiller@gmail.com

I assigned you #91. Let me know if you need another number or if you decide not to do cards at all.

Rdr on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Why not? Because I've been in a rare crappy mood all day due to the storm in Pittsburgh today having made the work day both stressful and boring, and I thought I had to nerd-heroically do everything on my own and not ask for help. Sure some of you know that feeling...

Basically, forgot about the awesome people who I was talking too. Sorry guys.

I'll fire an e-mail off this evening.

psychopez on

-Italo Calvino
  • Options
    slamonellaslamonella Clue-by-Four Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    They're heeeeeeeeeeere!

Forgive the craptacular iPhone pic. I got 183 cards.
    paxcards.gif

If you're looking for a means to store/transport your cards, I recommend the Ultra PRO storage boxes. I got them at www.the2buds.com but any place that sells sports cards should have them. The 50 count box holds 70 PAX cards and the 25 count box holds 30.

slamonella on
    Some people are like Slinkies. They have no practical use whatsoever,
    but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Why not? Because I've been in a rare crappy mood all day due to the storm in Pittsburgh today having made the work day both stressful and boring, and I thought I had to nerd-heroically do everything on my own and not ask for help. Sure some of you know that feeling...

No worries! I went through the same thing at work just a few weeks ago when I worked 20 days straight and worked 61, 67 and 75 hour weeks. haha

I'll keep an eye out for your email

Rdr on
  • Options
    tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011

No worries! I went through the same thing at work just a few weeks ago when I worked 20 days straight and worked 61, 67 and 75 hour weeks. haha

yikes rdr! sounds like you need a pax vacation.

tvethiopia on
    <3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    tvethiopia wrote: »

yikes rdr! sounds like you need a pax vacation.

Indeed! Its back to normal this week. This weekend I'll have 2 full days off! Whoaaa

I leave on the 3rd of March and return the 17th so it was worth it. :)

Rdr on
  • Options
    WizMasterWizMaster Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    241 cards. That's a very good price. I'm not sure I'll need this many though.
    paxcards1sm.jpg
    paxcards2sm.jpg

WizMaster on
  • Options
    kitties_on_acidkitties_on_acid Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Ok, I regretted not doing this last year... so I better get on it for this year.

Is 4 digits ok? Is 2112 taken? Is anyone else a Rush dork? O_o :) If so, whatever number is fine. Thanks!

kitties_on_acid on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Ok, I regretted not doing this last year... so I better get on it for this year.

Is 4 digits ok? Is 2112 taken? Is anyone else a Rush dork? O_o :) If so, whatever number is fine. Thanks!

Sorry right now we're just doing 3 digit numbers.

I assigned you #93 but if you want to request a different number just let me know. :)

Rdr on
  • Options
    edited February 2011

I assigned you #93 but if you want to request a different number just let me know. :)

93 is fine. Thanks!

kitties_on_acid on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I had to share this.. Because I deserve to be pointed and laughed at.. Photoshop. Getting frustrated. "Why can't I get the.. Why can't I make the stat bars go BIGGER!!!" I'm sick. I'm really tired. I'm a little stressed because I'm laying out three weddings at present and starting a fourth... I am NOT thinking.... I've been annoyed with this for a good couple hours... I finally figured out what I did... SO obvious.. SO SO OBVIOUS!
    I UNCLICKED SHOW BOUNDING BOX!!!

obscenities.
    fuck. fuck. fuck. fuck. fuck. fuck. fuck. fuck. fuck. fuck me STUPID!

You may now laugh at me.

Menolly07 on
    twitter.com/Menolly07
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I had to share this.. Because I deserve to be pointed and laughed at.. Photoshop. Getting frustrated. "Why can't I get the.. Why can't I make the stat bars go BIGGER!!!" I'm sick. I'm really tired. I'm a little stressed because I'm laying out three weddings at present and starting a fourth... I am NOT thinking.... I've been annoyed with this for a good couple hours... I finally figured out what I did... SO obvious.. SO SO OBVIOUS!
    I UNCLICKED SHOW BOUNDING BOX!!!

obscenities.
    fuck. fuck. fuck. fuck. fuck. fuck. fuck. fuck. fuck. fuck me STUPID!

You may now laugh at me.

lol..glad you figured it out though

Rdr on
  • Options
    edited February 2011

93 is fine. Thanks!

Hmm... while I'm at it... could I get a number for my boyfriend too? In case he lets me make one for him. :o

94 I suppose or whatever random number if that's taken.

kitties_on_acid on
  • Options
    edited February 2011

93 is fine. Thanks!

Hmm... while I'm at it... could I get a number for my boyfriend too? In case he lets me make one for him. :o

94 I suppose or whatever random number if that's taken.

#94 is now his

Rdr on
  • Options
    JobiwanKenobiJobiwanKenobi Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Woo! #206 has been ordered. I'll post a pic once they arrive.

Thanks for putting this together!

JobiwanKenobi on

PAX Prime '09 - H1N(erd)1 Survivor - Never Forget (Your Hand Sanitizer)
    PAX Prime '14 Omeganaut - Result: KO in 3rd Round (Damn you, Super Avalanche 2!)
  • Options
    MxWoodMxWood Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    mine should be arriving tomorrow... unless ups is lying to me.

MxWood on
  • Options
    PeasantDavePeasantDave Jersey ShoreRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    If you've ordered cards and are not on the confirmed list, let me know. I will be sending out a reminder PM to everyone soon that I haven't heard from.

PeasantDave on
  • Options
    DurinthalDurinthal Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Just got an email with shipping info, so they'll hopefully be here soon.

Durinthal on
  • Options
    KhadourKhadour Dinosaur Cupcake Hillsboro, ORRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Mine showed up yesterday, so I'm all set.

Khadour on
    Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
    xWDsUaZ.png
    jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

• Options
    edited February 2011
    I've went and ordered a set of these:

http://twitpic.com/42tcjw
    http://twitpic.com/42tcup

psychopez on

-Italo Calvino
  • Options
    edited February 2011

Wow. That's an impressive collection. So Psychopez isn't just a clever name then?:wink::lol:

kitties_on_acid on
  • Options
    edited February 2011

Wow. That's an impressive collection. So Psychopez isn't just a clever name then?:wink::lol:

Video of the entire display as it currently is...
    And I have plenty more, a full plastic tote full, I just don't have display solutions for all of them yet. But yeah, it's actually a nick that has a reason behind it. That, plus, adding Psycho and brandishing a toy weapon always equals fun.

(Note, the pez gun won't be at Pax, but if you find me for my card, you may also get some Pez. Good tasting Pez too, from the European factories, which have a better formula for candy than the American factory in CT. Plus you can get candy from a stranger....wait...)

psychopez on

-Italo Calvino
  • Options
    Knuckles056Knuckles056 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Just delivered. Pics when I get home to grab em. Pretty excited

Knuckles056 on
  • Options
    slamonellaslamonella Clue-by-Four Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    (Note, the pez gun won't be at Pax, but if you find me for my card, you may also get some Pez. Good tasting Pez too, from the European factories, which have a better formula for candy than the American factory in CT. Plus you can get candy from a stranger....wait...)
    Did you go the extra mile and rent a windowless van for while you're here?

slamonella on
    Some people are like Slinkies. They have no practical use whatsoever,
    but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
  • Options
    ZephyrRoseZephyrRose Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Who else is doing it?

Confirmed Participants:
    (images coming soon)
    benswimming
    Bigbrother87
    BoomShake
    browncoatbeth
    Buffalo Jack
    bustin98
    chaosisorder
    ChronoHawk
    Cookie Brigade
    contrefait
    Dragon
    DragonKitty
    emf715
    Emod
    feitocomfruta
    fenny
    FoggyKnight
    gilby123
    Heleor
    Holyyakker
    ikelewis
    JobiwanKenobi
    Khadour
    King of Mars
    Loweryi
    Neato
    macrogeek
    Magical Mystery Tour
    MagnifiedX
    Menolly07 (Jane's Flying Monkeys Pittsburgh Gaming Club)
    MxWood
    PeasantDave
    PikaPuff
    punzie
    Rdr
    redfield85
    Rex Beavers
    Sentient6
    skippymchaggis
    slamonella
    Staxeon
    Stephidabefida
    testsubject23
    Tuft
    tvethiopia
    Vaulter85
    WizMaster
    zerzhul

Interested Participants:
    AutoKAD
    BigRed
    BigToy_J
    chaosisorder
    cherin
    chinhang
    Cloudwalker
    Creamsteak
    Czech
    dangergrrl
    Decius
    Deefuzz
    DreadPirateAmy
    Durinthal
    EruditeAphrodite
    Facelesscogg
    flatline
    Frugus
    GalFriday
    gfish
    Goose!
    heels
    InsanelyZanter
    itzerokewl
    Jenga!
    karmacappa
    Knuckles056
    kropotkin
    landerolin
    Librarianofdoom
    LTAcosta
    megacia
    MelesMeles
    Moe Fwacky
    Morganstern
    Morganstern's Friend
    Nendai
    Nullthread
    phej
    phej's misses
    piledriver85
    Reboot153
    rentfn
    revderrick
    reverend_tobias
    RevGutter
    testsubject23
    Sasha
    Shervyn
    SnazzyGent
    sniper_king
    Supervillian
    sykomonkey
    Themiscyra
    TheTerribleMan
    Tweekinator
    Tweezle120
    valdemiro
    VThornheart
    Wingedillidan
    ZephyrRose
    zeroday
    ZeroHourHero

I wasn't sure if I need to confirm participation, but cards have arrived and they are looking awesome!

ZephyrRose on