As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

What happened to my alarm clock radio?

zktzkt Registered User regular
edited October 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
Last night it started flashing. I tried messing around with it but it wouldnt stop, then I unplugged it. When I replugged it back in some of the lights wouldn't brighten to form actual numbers, like right now it says c:00 and I cant change the time. Trying to set the alarm makes the display flicker even wilder. I really like this alarm clock too...

zkt on

• EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Sounds pretty fried to me. Those things are usually fairly cheaply made, regardless of how much you purchased it for. Small surges of power or impacts have broken most of mine over the years.

I'd suggest buying one of the $5.00 alarms for next time. Works just as well and when it eventually breaks in a year or two you'll not be out much cash.

Enc on
  • zktzkt Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Ive had this clock for 6+ years, doesn't seem too cheaply made to me..anyway, is there any way to repair it?

zkt on
  • saltinesssaltiness Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    It's time to let go.

saltiness on
    XBL: heavenkils
  • EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Give it a viking funeral and go to the store for a new one.

Esh on
  • zktzkt Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    /sigh, I hope i can find one with a nice clear large digital display...thanks, i guess

zkt on
  • EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    zkt wrote: »
    /sigh, I hope i can find one with a nice clear large digital display...thanks, i guess

Amazon.com. I'm sure you'll find your princess there.

Esh on
  • The_Glad_HatterThe_Glad_Hatter One Sly Fox Underneath a Groovy HatRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xkf0c3z-J4o

Time to say Goodbye little alarm clock.. (okay, the video sucks, bit i like the song...)

The_Glad_Hatter on