As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Guns] FIRE EVERYTHING!

19596979899101»

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    We need to get the alcohol thread up one more page so it hits 100 too, and then have a fine sending off for them, they were both started in October of 2010.

ATF thread :+1:

I almost want to see how that would play out.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    It would be a glorious trainreck!

In gun related news I get to go shooting in a couple weeks. Very excited! I haven't fired anything in about 9 months.

webguy20 on
    Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular

mRahmani wrote: »
    Hey, we have a gun thread!

I've been interested in firearms for a while, gone shooting with friends a few times. Recently I finally got around to taking a CPL class and I'm looking into a first handgun to practice at the range with (and eventually carry.)

Looked at the Glock 43, XDS, Shield 9mm, and Ruger LC9s so far. Anything else I should keep an eye on? So far I've been feeling most comfortable with a single stack 9mm.

Kahr CM9/CW9. I like single stacks. I like double stacks. I've heard good things about the FNS-9c, which isn't a single.

I'm a big fan of Sig, but have no experience with their P938.

If you've got a range that does rentals or friends with lots of variety firearms, look into as many as you can!

I have a FNS-9 and am quite happy with it. Someone linked a Hickok45 video just now, he has video reviews of pretty much all the guns you are looking at, if that helps you.

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Okay someone needs to make an atf thread. I don't have the wordsmithing abilities to handle that.

Make sure for tobacco you include vaping and dipping so that we can really get some good debate going and for alcohol let's talk cognac and moonshine

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    Fairchild wrote: »
    Hey, we have a gun thread!

I've been interested in firearms for a while, gone shooting with friends a few times. Recently I finally got around to taking a CPL class and I'm looking into a first handgun to practice at the range with (and eventually carry.)

Looked at the Glock 43, XDS, Shield 9mm, and Ruger LC9s so far. Anything else I should keep an eye on? So far I've been feeling most comfortable with a single stack 9mm.

Kahr CM9/CW9. I like single stacks. I like double stacks. I've heard good things about the FNS-9c, which isn't a single.

I'm a big fan of Sig, but have no experience with their P938.

If you've got a range that does rentals or friends with lots of variety firearms, look into as many as you can!

I have a FNS-9 and am quite happy with it. Someone linked a Hickok45 video just now, he has video reviews of pretty much all the guns you are looking at, if that helps you.

Hickok45 and CN are two guys I generally go to for gun videos

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    tinwhiskerstinwhiskers Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    We need to get the alcohol thread up one more page so it hits 100 too, and then have a fine sending off for them, they were both started in October of 2010.

ATF thread :+1:

Hows the old joke go; Who's bringing the chips?

tinwhiskers on
    6ylyzxlir2dz.png
  • Options
    hsuhsu Registered User regular
    My guess is that you like the single stack 9mm due to the grip, as single stacks are thinner than double stacks, and 9mm is shorter than 45acp, allowing the grip to be smaller in both directions.

Revolvers are the alternative for people who like smaller grips as the grips can be customized to fit almost any hand shape, where the grip shape has no relationship with the caliber or magazine constraints.

I used to be a semi-auto only guy, who became a big fan of revolvers at the range, due to how well the grips just fit my hand.

iTNdmYl.png
  • Options
    Also I just realized we're on Page 100 so tomorrow I'm going to make a new GUN thread unless a mod would rather do it.

You should do that.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    Also I just realized we're on Page 100 so tomorrow I'm going to make a new GUN thread unless a mod would rather do it.

You should do that.

Alright I'll draft one now.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
  • Options
    i-jsHkH4Z-2100x20000.jpg

smCQ5WE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.