As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[CoX] Issue 20: Incarnates is live!

• buddyleebuddylee Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Shawnasee wrote: »
    Narbus wrote: »
    There's been a lot of these things, especially if you count the wedding pack or GvE pack. There's a full list of all the packs here.

Thanks...about to purchase the Mutant and Martial Arts pack!

Taking 2nd place only to chocolate, Ninja Run makes everything that much better.

buddylee on
    Jack Burton: "Like I told my last wife, I says, 'Honey, I never drive faster than I can see'. Besides that, it's all in the reflexes."
  • LepLep Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Price
    The City of Heroes Origins Pack will retail for $9.99 /€ 8.99 /£5.99.

When
    November 2nd does sound like a good day. I think November 3rd is a better date though
    Ten bucks like all the other boosters.

Lep on
  • KurnDerakKurnDerak Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Wow, that is $103 to get all of those packs. That sure seems a pretty good way to get funding for the game while putting in minimal work for the money those packs bring in.

KurnDerak on
  • CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    buddylee wrote: »
    Shawnasee wrote: »
    Narbus wrote: »
    There's been a lot of these things, especially if you count the wedding pack or GvE pack. There's a full list of all the packs here.

Thanks...about to purchase the Mutant and Martial Arts pack!

Taking 2nd place only to chocolate, Ninja Run makes everything that much better.

Whoever came up with calling that Weeaboo Run last week was so right though. :P

Corvus on
    :so_raven:
  • RobzielRobziel Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Ooooh that's good, I'm going to have to remember that.

Robziel on
    Do I look like the sort of man who'd go and find unsuspecting Japanese schoolgirls in short skirts and white panties and ask them if they want to see my "Cthulu Special"?
  • ShawnaseeShawnasee Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    So I have been farming like crazy lately and I had three purples drop in two runs(old demon farm map): one was an Armegeddon and the other two were the same EXACT Unbreakable Constraint recipes.

I sold the Arm and the extra Unbreakable. Two weeks ago I sold another Armegeddon that dropped and made 400million inf.

All told I have 1,064,365,743 inf on one toon. Which is exciting to me as I have never had that kind of dough at once.

What's not exciting is knowing that amount might get me 3 purples.

Shawnasee on
    edited October 2010
    That's why God invented Alignment merits :P

(yeah, its slow as shit to get a full purple set, but in combination with farming and INF, it speeds it up greatly)

buddylee on
    Jack Burton: "Like I told my last wife, I says, 'Honey, I never drive faster than I can see'. Besides that, it's all in the reflexes."
  • KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    How many A-merits for a purple recipe? I honestly haven't looked.

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Kay wrote: »
    How many A-merits for a purple recipe? I honestly haven't looked.

Twenty alignment merits. Which is...yeah. A lot of time.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
    edited October 2010
    EDIT: Always beaten all the time.

Robziel on
    Do I look like the sort of man who'd go and find unsuspecting Japanese schoolgirls in short skirts and white panties and ask them if they want to see my "Cthulu Special"?
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    The faster way to get purples with alignment merits is probably to buy lotgs and sell them, then just buy the purple recipes. lotg +rech IOs are only cost two a-merits.

On the other hand, if you want to get a stupid +3 def pvp IO, get to farming a-merits.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
    edited October 2010
    The faster way to get purples with alignment merits is probably to buy lotgs and sell them, then just buy the purple recipes. lotg +rech IOs are only cost two a-merits.

On the other hand, if you want to get a stupid +3 def pvp IO, get to farming a-merits.

If you're a Rogue or Vigilante, lazily joining Hamidon raids for 50 merits a piece can make racking up the 200 reward merits for a LotG +Rech IO easy too.

All in all selling LotGs is faster.

Fiaryn on
  • TheScrupleTheScruple The Oldest of BridgesRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I'm still hoping the bottom falls out of the LotG market due to saturation so I can actually afford them. When it comes down to deciding between buying 1 LotG for 100mil+, or buying 5 sets of crushing impact + salvage + crafting costs, crushing impact wins every time.

Even when I get lucky and get a Numina or LotG off a random reward roll, it always seems better just to sell them, as with the inf I get can slot every power I have with decent sets.

TheScruple on
    All prairie dogs just want to be heroes
    edited October 2010
    Aren't LOTGs 1 alignment merit?

Then the best way to grab 'em is just run a morality mish every 2 days.

buddylee on
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited October 2010
    They're 2 merits. That's the only way anyone should get them. I'm surprised the bottom hasn't fallen out of the market yet, but I suppose they are very useful.

Tube on
    edited October 2010
    Even more so when i19 hits and every starts taking maneuvers and the stealth powers to drop some more in on their build.

Robziel on
    edited October 2010
    They're 2 merits. That's the only way anyone should get them. I'm surprised the bottom hasn't fallen out of the market yet, but I suppose they are very useful.

I think LotGs have taken on the role of a sort of market constant because, well

Everyone wants Recharge. Everyone.

Fiaryn on
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    It seems like a lot of people are rogues/vigilantes, so there aren't as many people getting cheap lotgs as you'd think.

I also don't think the market will fall that far out, since cheaper IOs means more incentive to kit out all the random alts people have floating around. I have characters I haven't done much with IO-wise because shit is so expensive, but if prices were to suddenly come down I would be.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
    edited October 2010
    Fiaryn wrote: »

Recharge. Its the new Stamina!

buddylee on
  • NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    78 month vet badge is up. You get 5 special charges that give you 5 bars of patrol XP (+50% exp). So basically 2.5 levels of bonus exp. Which is not too bad.

I still hate vet rewards.

Narbus on
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    buddylee wrote: »
    Fiaryn wrote: »

Recharge. Its the new Stamina!

Issue 20 preview: Hasten to become inherent.

see317 on
    edited October 2010
    Hasten used to be an inherent, way back when, y'know.

In that everyone had it.

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Hasten used to be an inherent, way back when, y'know.

In that everyone had it.

I remember the days when six-slotting Hasten was all it took make it perma.
    Or course, I also remember the days when a single Fire/Kin controller could summon a dozen imps and run roughshod over any hazard zone in the game while laughing maniacally.

see317 on
    edited October 2010
    That was what I was referring to. The game was hideously unbalanced across archetypes and powersets back then.

I mean, does anyone remember when many Armour sets did not stack? Ice Tanks got to choose between S/L Def, E/N Def, or their mez protection.

Invulnerability had status protection that rooted you, making Teleport needed. (Admittedly that one was pretty cool)

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
  • A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited October 2010
    That was what I was referring to. The game was hideously unbalanced across archetypes and powersets back then.

I mean, does anyone remember when many Armour sets did not stack? Ice Tanks got to choose between S/L Def, E/N Def, or their mez protection.

Invulnerability had status protection that rooted you, making Teleport needed. (Admittedly that one was pretty cool)

Yeah, back when the resistance cap was 95% and Inv tanks could be at it all the time for everything but Psi, plus the defense cap. This is when the passives could provide 44% resistance for Inv. Think about that one.

A duck! on
    edited October 2010
    A duck! wrote: »

Yeah, back when the resistance cap was 95% and Inv tanks could be at it all the time for everything but Psi, plus the defense cap. This is when the passives could provide 44% resistance for Inv. Think about that one.

I think I covered that one, Duck.

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    edited October 2010
    I remember. Its why I rolled /regen. For such a lovely game, there were some god-awful design decisions in the beginning. Like Opressive Gloom vs. level 4 heroes in the AP sewers. Yeah, an AoE stun from 2 bosses at level 4. That'll make for good times. Just like finding the fortune teller in Perez. There's difficult. And then there was just plain Sadistic.

buddylee on
    edited October 2010
    Also: Falling down the chasms in the old Faultline. Into mobs of CoTs. With no way out.

buddylee on
  • EnderEnder Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Or a single uncontrolled sapper killing anybody, regardless of powersets or AT.

Fucking sappers.

Or how about that Hollows, eh? Hooray for hero battles at level 12!

Ender on
    edited October 2010
    A single sapper? Don't you mean mobs with three or more sappers ruining everything in sight?

Robziel on
    edited October 2010
    I always found old Hollows fun. I'm not sure why, but I think it has something to do with a brain anurism.

buddylee on
    edited October 2010
    Robziel wrote: »
    A single sapper? Don't you mean mobs with three or more sappers ruining everything in sight?

Can I just say, I'm not crying about Emmert being gone. I'm sure he's not the antichrist source of all my misery, but he sure felt like it :P

buddylee on
  • LepwaveLepwave Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Spawns use to have multiple sappers in one group, it was pretty awesome.

Lepwave on
    XBL/CoX tags - Lepwave/@Lepwave
    steam_sig.png
  • WeX MajorsWeX Majors 8th Floor, MegashipRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I'm almost entirely convinced that Hollows beings how it was, is what led most people to quit the game and never look back.
    It wasn't so much that was terrible, it was the fact that it was practically the only zone to play.
    I know if I had a choice between todays hollows and villains, I'd take villains any day.

WeX Majors on
    edited October 2010
    Interesting thought, Wex. I know a lot of folks hated that zone with a passion (for good reason).

Villains was universally well designed, but they had all that experience in COH to work off of, too. I still prefer red side.

buddylee on
  • LepwaveLepwave Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Only zone? It's not like it over took KR's or Steel's contact. It's pretty much people own fault for going there, I always skipped the Hollows because it's nearly as big as IP and you didn't have a travel till 14.

Lepwave on
    XBL/CoX tags - Lepwave/@Lepwave
    steam_sig.png
    edited October 2010
    By the time I was fighting Sappers, I pretty much ignored their endurance drain. Imagine my horror when I started fighting Malta with, uh. My Corruptor, I think it was.

My previous level 50s were a DM/DA Scrapper (endurance drain? I have Murky Cloud) and my Claws/SR Scraper (they had to -hit- me to drain me), both of which were pretty good at destroying Malta, Knives of Artemis and Carnies. I never got the whole 'oh god these villain groups' until I fought them with my Corruptor, who lacked mez protection and defenses against endurance drain.

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    edited October 2010
    One thing about the Hollows.

Getting air on the ice slides in Frostfire's mission never gets old.

buddylee on
  • WeX MajorsWeX Majors 8th Floor, MegashipRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    and there still isn't an achievement for it either! When they announced badges, it was the very first thing I thought of
    "Touch the roof after zipping off a slide in the frostfire map"
    And Lep, you've got a point. Many people actively chose KR over Hollows back then. Except my problem was that it was not much better.

If I remember correctly, the contact was on top of an apartment building which meant you had to travel up those god awful stairwells, most of the missions involved CoT maps or hunting them down back when they spawned at night and other universally shitty things.
    And for some reason, the zone was always dead. No one ever said "let's just team our way to Steel Canyon"
    At least in Hollows, you had the Taxis.

WeX Majors on
    edited October 2010
    Ah.... old launch King's Row. Kill X CoT missions where CoT only spawned at nights and mostly on rooftops. I recall being a group's aerial spotter with HOVER (the old slow-as-molassas, training origin hover), slowly chugging across the zone looking for green clouds so everyone could race up the stairwells.

buddylee on
This discussion has been closed.