Options

[CoX] Issue 20: Incarnates is live!

• Options
    ransimransim Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Arcas wrote: »
    Indeed it does. I wonder why these guys are so butthurt over it.

It had some pretty horrendous issues when it was first launched. It was a gigantic memory hog, often wouldn't patch correctly and was just plain annoying to use. Its gotten way better since then.

ransim on
  • Options
    ArcasArcas Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So it's like Steam hohoho

Arcas on
  • Options
    grouch993grouch993 Both a man and a numberRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Exactly my thoughts Arcas.

At least it isn't GFWL.

grouch993 on
    Steam Profile Origin grouchiy
  • Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Wow, this is way better speed wise. I may not even need to bother bypassing the updater like I used to on non update days.

Corvus on
    :so_raven:
  • Options
    Gear GirlGear Girl More class than a state university Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    You know what else is awesome? Patch notes opening in your default browser and not IE.

Gear Girl on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So, does the game download this thing automatically, or do you have to go to their website to do it? I downloaded a patch, but my launcher doesn't seem any different.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    hold your head high soldier, it ain't over yet
    that's why we call it the struggle, you're supposed to sweat
  • Options
    Gear GirlGear Girl More class than a state university Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So, does the game download this thing automatically, or do you have to go to their website to do it? I downloaded a patch, but my launcher doesn't seem any different.

http://www.cityofheroes.com/account/download_game_client/new_installer_en.html

Gear Girl on
  • Options
    GhostalkerGhostalker Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    A duck! wrote: »
    Some of us apparently need this, so how about a LRSF tomorrow (Thursday) at 9 EST?

1.) A duck! - Weak Point - Crab
    2.) Lepwave - Spixel - Electric/Fire Brute
    3.) Arcas - Arcas - Stone/Fire Brute
    4.) TA - Professor Catface - Mind/Fire Dom
    5.) Lep - Lep - DM/SD Scrapper or whatever is needed
    6.)Ghost - Ruiz - Crab
    7.)
    8.)

I could also bring my thermal if needed.

Ghostalker on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Wow... thing updates fast and this means I no longer have to use Steam to play my game now.

EDIT: and this is probably going to get botp'ed but can someone give me a build for a sword/shield scrapper with this "capped defense" thing?
    I don't want to keep asking the same questions over and over again in global.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Fartacus_the_MightyFartacus_the_Mighty Brought to you by the letter A.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So, I haven't played CoH in about forever, but I think I might finally get around to rolling a new character and going through Praetoria.

My current top character is a 50 SS/Will Brute. Is SS/Will still the gold standard for melee carnage, or has something else become FotM in my absence?

Fartacus_the_Mighty on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited March 2011
    Not that many people play them any more as far as I can see, because they're kind of dull. Still real good though.

Tube on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Fire armor is sort of FotM I guess. The damage you can put out with burn and fiery embrace is ridiculous. Though you trade damage for survivability. It's not as durable as other sets but still a good set.

Very rare new stuff! PICTURES!

Arcas on
  • Options
    kafzielkafziel Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Can you still get into the server, to capture detailed info with numbers?

kafziel on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Nah the server was only up from 7 to 9 in my timezone.

Arcas on
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    The concept of the "Incarnate Level Shift" kinda bugs me. It's basically saying, what, do these trials twenty times and then they'll be a little easier? You do enough Incarnate trials to get all these to Rare+ and it seems like you'll have shown you don't really need a level shift for them.

Scooter on
  • Options
    LepLep Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    i20 Beta patch notes:
    COMBINED

Upgraded Looking For Group

* The Looking For Group system can now be used to join or assemble a team together in order to tackle the Incarnate Trials.
    * To use the system, a solo player, Team leader, or League leader must click the LFG button in the area above the chat window.
    * You can then select the Incarnate Trial you are looking to queue for, or select “First Available”
    * You can leave the Queue by selecting “Leave Queue” when you are in it.
    * Each Incarnate Trial has a “Minimum Launch Threshold” which is the smallest amount of players needed to start the event. Once the number of players in the queue reaches this number, an internal countdown begins, allowing more players to join the queue. When that countdown expires, or when the amount of players reaches the maximum allowed for that event, the event will launch.
    o For BAF the Minimum Launch Threshold is 12, and the Max Players is 24.
    o For Lambda the Minimum Launch Threshold is 8, and the Max Players is 16.
    * Once the event is ready to launch, ALL eligible players will see a pop-up asking them to enter the event. This is your last chance to exit out gracefully.
    * Additional players will be able to join an event in-progress when the current number of participants falls below the minimum threshold for the event.
    * Players are not able to queue for LFG from any instance map, including Super Group bases.

Looking For Group Updates:

* Players are now able to invite people to League from their global chat channels.
    * The queue should now properly handle players who disconnect while in an event queue.
    * Added message to display when there are no events available
    * Added message to display when the player has to make a rejoin league /abandon event decision.
    * Players can now rejoin events after disconnecting from a trial, even if they’ve accepted a League invitation prior to re-entering the event.
    * Incarnate Trials will no longer launch while below the minimum player cap after players decline to join the event.
    * Players will now leave their league if they exit a co-op zone.

League

* A League is an assemblage of teams under one unified UI
    * A League can have up to 6 teams of 8 characters each (up to 48 characters).
    * There is a single League Leader who can invite other characters into the League
    * Each team also has a Team Leader who can invite other characters onto their Team.
    * Team-wide buffs ONLY affect the team you are on.
    o This is a game balance issue, as these buffs stacked into the quantities a League could bring to bear would be more than overwhelming.
    * The UI for the League allows you to look at all teams or an individual team.
    o When looking at All teams you can expand the UI to show the teams better.
    o A League Leader can use this expanded view to drag and drop team members onto new teams. If no team currently exists for the character, right clicking them and selecting the option for “place on Team N” will create a new team if Team N did not exist previously.
    * There is a Focus tab within the UI as well
    o This is used for setting League members as a Focus.
    o Right Click any member of the league and select “Place on Focus Tab”
    o The Focus tab contains ONLY characters you have put there.
    o This is useful for having a quick way to monitor specific characters’ health or targeting.

League Updates:

* /ttl and /tll (tell to team leader and league leader) will now work accross zones

The Player Help System

* When players log in for the first time on a character, they are prompted to select “Help Me!” or “Helper.” If the player chooses “Help Me!”, their name changes to a purple color, and they will have a title that says “Help Me!” If the player chooses Helper, their name changes to a gold color, and they will have a title that says “Helper.”
    o If you have a temporary title, it will override your Helper Status title until your temporary title expires.
    * There is now a question mark icon in the chat channel selector list. This icon will allow you to chat to the Help channel.
    * The Help channel has been added to the default list of chat channels displayed in the Global chat tab.
    * The Help tab has been colored orange to help new players find it.
    * /h, /help, and /guide now chat to the Help channel instead of opening the Help window. Type /helpwindow or hit H when not chatting to open the help window.
    * Switching chat tabs will automatically place the player in the primary chat channel for the new tab. The Help channel is the primary chat channel for the Help tab, and the Local channel is the primary chat channel for the other tabs.

TASKS

Behavioral Adjustment Facility Incarnate Trial

Storyline

* Under the guidance of Mother Mayhem, Siege and Nightstar, wardens of the B.A.F., have perfected a technique called Mindwashing. This devastating mind control technology has been inflicted on many prisoners of the facility, and they are about to be unleashed upon the city in a staged attack which the Emperor plans to use for propaganda purposes. The psychological effect this breakout would have on the populace would instantly sour any hope for Incarnate success in stopping Emperor Cole, so the Incarnates must make their way to the B.A.F. and prevent the staged breakout as best as they can.

Synopsis

* The event takes place at the Behavioral Adjustment Facility in Imperial City. Players are tasked with making their way through the forces which guard the facility, then defeating Nightstar in an effort to infiltrate the facility. However, the battle comes too late, as no sooner is she defeated as the escape begins. However, after stopping the escapees from exiting the facility, players still need to deal with Siege before the facility can be contained. Unless, of course, the wardens have one other trick up their sleeve….

Unique Powers

* Sequestration: Siege and Nightstar are equipped with powerful technologies that enable them to quickly bring enemies under control. Focusing on their main target, they will surround them with a field and begin the sequestration process. If their attention remains on the main target for three warnings, that target and all those caught in the field are locked down.
    * Security Towers: The B.A.F. is equipped with a set of towers which will quickly debilitate any target who remains within their range for too long. Rumor has it that they can be shutdown by the terminals near their base, but approaching these terminals is quite risky.
    * Defiance: Siege’s assisting Warworks feature new AI protocols which allow them to increase their attack strength and chance to hit the longer they remain attacking. If too many of his allies arrive, they can quickly overwhelm almost any opponent.
    * Mindwashed Contagion: the Mindwashed escapees are not much of a threat to the Incarnates, as these prisoners are programmed simply to leave the facility immediately. However, their Mindwashing does have a side effect: there is a chance that they can sow confusion amongst those who get to close to them, hampering the Incarnates’ ability to stop them!

Lambda Sector Incarnate Trial

Storyline

* Within Neutropolis lies Lambda Sector, Neuron's crowning achievement and a critical component of Tyrant's war machinery. It is within Lambda Sector that Tyrant's super-soldiers are birthed, trained, and housed. It is critical that this facility be destroyed and the Super Soldier program scrapped if there is to be any hope of crippling Emperor Cole’s ability to put forth an army that can threaten the Incarnates trying to prevent him from controlling both Primal and Praetorian Earth.

Synopsis

* The event takes place at the Lambda Sector complex in Neutropolis. Players are tasked with making their way through the forces which guard the facility, then breaking in and doing as much damage to the complex as they can. However, as soon as the complex is breached, Marauder will begin making his way to the area. When he arrives, the time for sabotage is over, and the time to take down an empowered Marauder will begin.

Unique Powers

* Nova Fist: Marauder will charge up a powerful melee attack in which he punches the ground with tremendous force. The shock waves sent out by this attack do significant damage to those too close to him.
    * Artillery Barrage: Off-site artillery guns will bombard those who get far enough away from Marauder to be distinguished as a target.
    * Pacification Grenade: Marauder’s defenses are significantly increased by the power of a serum given to him by Neuron. The only way to bring down these defenses is to pacify him with these grenades, found inside Lambda Sector during the sabotage.
    * Molecular Acid: Marauder’s arrival also signals the activation of the reinforcement portals which allow IDF forces from within Lambda Sector to quickly move to the surface to aid Marauder. Only Molecular Acid can be used to shut down these portals and prevent reinforcements from overwhelming the Incarnates. The Molecular Acid can also be recovered during the sabotage stage.

I20: Rewards

* Incarnate XP will now be awarded by all trials. The Behavioral Adjustment Facility will award XP for the Judgement and Lore slots. Lambda Sector will award XP for the Interface and Destiny slots.
    * If you have not unlocked your Alpha slot, both trials will allow you to unlock that slot before accumulating XP in the other slots.
    * Astral Merits and Empyrean Merits are awarded in each trial. These are new Incarnate only currencies that can be used for advancement in the Incarnate system.
    * Astral Merits are awarded for completing key objectives during an event.
    * Empyrean Merits are awarded for event completion.
    * Reward Tables are offered on the completion of an event.
    * These reward tables will include incarnate threads, super inspirations, or incarnate components. The rarer the component, the rarer its presence in the reward table.
    * Badges of the following types are present in each trial:
    * One badge for completion of the event, awarded at the first successful completion. On receiving this badge the first time, it will award a Common component.
    * Four achievement badges for unique challenges within each event. The first successful completion of a badge will award an Uncommon component and an Astral Merit. Each successive completion will award an Astral Merit.
    * One mastery badge for acquiring the completion badge and all four achievement badges. The first successful mastery completion will award a Rare component.

New Incarnate Slots

* The following slots are now accessible: Alpha, Interface, Judgement, Lore and Destiny. All powers in all slots are accessible.
    * Incarnate slots can be unlocked by earning Incarnate XP from standard enemy kills inside the Incarnate Trials. Various Incarnate Trials provide Physical or Psychic Incarnate XP which unlocks one or the other tracks of slots. Incarnate XP can also be earned by sacrificing Incarnate Sub-components.
    * Once a slot is unlocked, created Incarnate abilities can be slotted in them.
    * The recipes for abilities in the four new slots and the new recipes for Alpha abilities require the new components which can only be found in the Incarnate Trials. The earlier Alpha component recipes are still valid but are no longer the only way to obtain those abilities. Likewise, it is now possible to unlock the Alpha slot by earning Incarnate XP in the trials.
    * The Interface slot contains a variety of powers which provide global proc debuffs which apply to all powers. These procs will be applied directly to almost every enhanceable damaging power. The debuffs from this power stack globally – that is, multiple characters with the same Interface equipped share the same debuff stack on their foes. This slot does not provide a level shift.
    * The Judgement slot contains a variety of large-scale AOE damaging powers with powerful secondary effects. Judgement powers are unaffected by standard character buffs to damage or to hit, but have a high base accuracy and are affected by global enhancements such as those provided by the Alpha and Interface slot. Judgement power damage is unaffected by archetype damage mods, and the recharge of Judgement powers cannot be buffed or debuffed. This slot does not provide a level shift.
    * The Lore slot provides access to summonable essences of defeated Praetorian foes to fight for you. Unlike normal summon powers, these allies are controllable using the Mastermind control interface, even for non-Masterminds. The recharge of Lore powers cannot be buffed or debuffed. Rare and Very Rare powers in this slot provide a level shift.
    * The Destiny slot contains a variety of large-scale defensive AOE powers which provide healing, protection, or buffs to friendlies within a large radius. The strength and duration of these buffs is unaffected by archetype buff mods, and the recharge of Destiny powers cannot be buffed or debuffed. Rare and Very Rare powers in this slot provide a level shift.

Incarnate Components

* Implemented a conversion path which takes Incarnate Threads and/or Astral & Empyrean Merits and allows full exploration of the Incarnate system as a result.
    o This includes conversion paths for all Incarnate components (including Rare and Very Rare components) and Incarnate XP.
    * Added a conversion recipe to synthesize Notices of the Well from lesser components and inf.
    * Added an upconversion to turn Incarnate Shards into Incarnate Threads. The ratio is 10 Shards to 6 Threads once every 20 hours, or a more costly conversion of 10 Shards to 3 Threads with no restrictions.
    * The restriction that players are combat level 50 for Incarnate Shards to drop has been removed.
    o Incarnate Shards can be earned by those who have their Alpha Slot unlocked even when exemplared. Incarnate Shards will not drop during Incarnate Trials, Incarnate Threads will drop instead.

I20: Prometheus

* Prometheus the Titan has arrived in Ouroboros to provide guidance and insight to new Incarnates. He brings with him a great deal of knowledge of what it means to be an Incarnate and what challenges lie ahead for those who choose to pursue their Incarnate potential. He will only deign to speak to those who are already Incarnates, however, so be sure to unlock your Alpha slot in order to gain his insights!

Admiral Sutter Task Force

* Admiral Sutter of the United States Navy is seeking heroes to investigate a mysterious inter-dimensional rift signature originating off the coast of Paragon City in the Atlantic Ocean. He is currently docked in Independence Port aboard the USS Mason.
    * Teams of 4 or more heroes between the levels of 20 and 40 can sign up to assist him.
    * On this task force you defend Paragon City from the land, sea, and air as the insidious Praetorian Imperial Defense Force begins their invasion of Primal Earth.

Mortimer Kal Strike Force

* Mortimer Kal, a venerable wizard and member of the Midnight Squad, has been spotted in Sharkhead Isle. Rumors abound that he has secret information regarding Incarnate artifacts and ways of seizing such power. But whispers amongst dark circles tell of a weakness of his which can be exploited to force him to reveal those secrets to anyone brave enough to cross him.
    * A special Tip Mission now drops for villains and rogues in the Rogue Isles greater than level 20 revealing Mortimer Kal’s weakness. Completing this mission will allow you to start Mortimer Kal’s Strike Force with a team of at least 4 villains between levels 20 and 40.
    * On this strike force you can expect to exploit and/or betray anyone and everyone you encounter in an effort to claim glorious incarnate power! Crushed and broken enemies will be left in your wake, as nothing will keep you from the power that is rightfully yours!

Alignment Missions

* Today's Newspaper: Frostfire should spawn at the appropriate level.
    * Crossing the Line: Doc Quantum should spawn at the appropriate level.

Powers

* Ouroboros Portal
    o The clickable region of the Ouroboros Portal has been raised and had its shape altered to match the floating light graphical effect.

Badges

* Dimensional Warder
    o IT Siege, Nightstar and Marauder as well as Alpha Strike Battle Maiden, Neuron, and Bobcat added to this badge
    * Spider Smasher
    o Modified badge hint text to read "Defeat 200 Arachnos Wolf Spiders to earn this badge"

CITY OF HEROES

Powers

Scrapper

* Darkness Mastery - Night Fall now accepts only To Hit Debuff, Accurate To Hit Debuff and Targeted AoE Damage sets like other versions of this power.

Hero Epic Archetypes

* If a level 30+ Peacebringer or Warshade becomes a Villain, they will no longer have the chance to encounter level 40 Quantum/CoS critters

Tasks

* Calvin Scott Mission 1
    o Rescued team members should no longer attack the fire

CITY OF VILLAINS

I20: Black Helicopters

* The Black Helicopter line in the Rogue Isles has acquired four additional stops. These stops include: Port Oakes, Sharkhead Isle, Nerva Archipelago North and Grandville North.

Powers

* The Corruptor Patron Pool power "Electric Shackles" now does Scourge damage on each tick of the DoT.
    * Mastermind Dark Miasma - Twilight Grasp radius has been increased to 20 feet to match other versions of this power.
    * Corruptor Radiation Emission - Lingering Radiation now debuffs run speed like other versions of this power.
    * Corruptor Sonic Attack - Shriek has had its endurance cost reduced to 4.37 and its basic damage scale reduced to 0.84 to match its 3 second recharge time and the other versions of Shriek.

PRAETORIA

* Several missions which take place in warehouse maps now use Praetorian specific warehouse maps

Lep on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Lep wrote: »
    Hero Epic Archetypes

* If a level 30+ Peacebringer or Warshade becomes a Villain, they will no longer have the chance to encounter level 40 Quantum/CoS critters

Why even bother with those anymore?

Ghostalker on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    More pictures. Some numbers for powers.

Judgement numbers.
    Destiny numbers.
    Lore info but no numbers.

Interface didn't have numbers. It just said +Grant Power or something to that effect.

Arcas on
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    The buff to MM DM heals is nice.

Scooter on
  • Options
    RobzielRobziel Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    No kidding, I never thought they'd do that

Robziel on
    Do I look like the sort of man who'd go and find unsuspecting Japanese schoolgirls in short skirts and white panties and ask them if they want to see my "Cthulu Special"?
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Lep wrote: »
    * Mastermind Dark Miasma - Twilight Grasp radius has been increased to 20 feet to match other versions of this power.
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Glal on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    If you have a character thats been sitting on the beta server for a while you might be sitting on 1900 incarnate threads if you wanna mess with the new slots. Also you'll need a shitton of influence.

edit* The judgement aoe is awesome.

Lep on
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Two thing: I wish the Incarnate buffs weren't limited tO just the incarnate trials. Yeah you're overpowered but isn't that the point? I want to even con 50 EBs dammit!

2: my build request got botp'd but I just got against all odds. Holy crap, it's a toggle?

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    wait so how much of this stuff works outside of the incarnate trials

Tube on
  • Options
    NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Everything BUT the very very special level shifts. All the procs, the pets, the buffs, all that is aces aplenty. It is ONLY the Incarnate Level Shifts that are trial-specific.

Narbus on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    So I will get no new levels for my soloing from this. CURSES.

Tube on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    So, from the testing, it looks like Mastermind pets DO inherit the chance for debuff from the Interface slot. So that's 6 pets, and you, all winging around a chance for a -something, which stacks up to 10 times (for the -res proc anyway). And then there's the PBAoE buffs, that are currently 2 minutes in duration (but diminishing over those two minutes) but also have a 2 minute reload. In closing, I should get my demons guy to 50.

Narbus on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    What other options are there in terms of interface slot procs? It seems like nothing would hold a candle to the -res one for basically any AT.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    If I'm reading this right, everyone shares the stack for the proc, so it benefits the team to have a mix.

Tube on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    -tohit is paired with -regen. -rech is paired with -recovery. -defense is paired with -damage. -resist is paired with small chance of moderate fire damage.

They work like the alpha slot, tier 1 is JUST a 25% chance for a -tohit debuff for like 9 seconds. Tier 2 is a higher chance or longer duration, and a bit of -regen, and so on and so on. That -regen in particular will be a buddy with AV fights, I'm sure. And I can see masterminds, with their -2 pets liking -def and -damage. The only one that's pretty meh is -rech/-recovery. With an elec control guy the -recovery could be neato, but mostly just eeeeh.

EDIT: And tube is reading that right. The -res is 2.5% resistance, which stacks up to 10 times, total. So if you all bring -resist then a few people will be useless there.

Narbus on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I already have -tohit out the ass on my brute

Tube on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I guess -regen is pretty useful also. Still, most of my dudes are likely to roll around with the -res/fire damage one, with maybe a -regen for use on certain teams.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    These are getting pretty easy. I can only imagine what will happen when I20 comes out.

111jktd.jpg

Narbus on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Apex right after that was 24m and 1 death. We may be getting too good for this.

Arcas on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Speak for yourself.

I will always be bad at this game.

Ghostalker on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Not pro enough ghost!

Lep on
  • Options
    LepwaveLepwave Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Too casual for us ghost.

Lepwave on
    XBL/CoX tags - Lepwave/@Lepwave
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Well yeah I'm pretty casual but at least I'm not as cold blooded as duck.

Ghostalker on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    This sounds like a fun story for everyone.

Narbus on
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    edited March 2011
    Lets just move on. I know I did.

Quite quickly, in fact!

A duck! on
This discussion has been closed.