Options

[CoX] Issue 20: Incarnates is live!

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    cooold bloooooded :whistle:

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    LepwaveLepwave Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Just can't sleep that off duck!

Lepwave on
    XBL/CoX tags - Lepwave/@Lepwave
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited March 2011
    what did he do

Tube on
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    edited March 2011
    I was on a terrible, terrible Apex with another PA'er when Ghost asked if anyone else wanted to do an Apex. I had another character that needed it, so I logged and went with Ghost's. I bet that we could do the entire Apex before the other one finished the first mission. I was right.

I said in PA chat I ditched and that he should log, but during the new Apex the guy I ditched was like, "We had somebody drop on the Apex, and I don't think he's coming back" and I figured my requirement to set him straight had already ended when I posted about how terrible that Apex was/is about ten times. The best (worst) part was he later said in chat something like "Lep, are you still on this?" and I did not correct him.

I know I should have gone back (and could have after we finished), but my god, that team. That was on pace to be a two hour Apex.

A duck! on
  • Options
    LepLep Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Epic BS/SD build for you nocren!
    bsssd.png

Lep on
  • Options
    NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    For the record, I took that scrapper on an Apex and finished in 20:04 because I am fantastic.

Narbus on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    man what the hell is going on in that build

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I should've rolled an earth control guy a while ago. It is super fun by the mid 30s; can't wait to get more recharge.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
  • Options
    WallhitterWallhitter Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    23 minutes, zero deaths.

WE ARE THE FUCKING BEST AT THIS.

Wallhitter on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    yeah we did pretty much demolish that one

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
  • Options
    RobzielRobziel Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Some consolidated info I stole from here.
    Everyone should be familiar with the Alpha slot by now, the first Incarnate slot; it adds a "seventh enhancement" that enhances all your powers, with the added bonus that some of the enhancement's bonuses are immune to enhancement diminishing returns. So, here's the next four, summarized from the threads in the City of Heroes forums.

Disclaimer: This is from the public reports of the beta, and while they're usually very satisfied with the state of any update when it hits public beta, it's no guarantee. It's consolidating a lot of threads, including particularly the screenshots of "Master Zaprobo" from the EU open test and Dispari from the US open test.

Judgement
    All judgement powers give an area-of-effect blast, letting everyone be a bit of a blaster. They start with 11 maximum targets, but can build up to 15 maximum targets; low level procs can only hit lieutenants and lower, while high level procs can hit everyone.

Cryonic Judgement does Cold damage in a cone. Radial improvements add speed debuffs and proc for holds, while Core improvements add damage procs and increase the range.

Ion Judgement does Energy damage in a chain - and it's mentioned that a bug in chains is being fixed just to address it for the purpose of this power, so no worries. Radial improvements add endurance and recovery debuffs, while Core improvements add damage procs.

Pyronic Judgement (pyronic, really?) does Fire damage as a targeted AoE attack. Radial improvements add Stun procs and increase the max radius and targets, while Core improvements add damage procs.

Void Judgement does Negative Energy damage as a point-blank AoE attack. Radial improvements add damage debuffs, while Core improvements add damage procs. Note that if you stop at the Rare level, Partial Judgement improvements also add knockback, meaning you now can be a pretend-Energy blaster any time you like.

Interface
    All interface powers add debuff procs to all your attacks, letting everyone be a bit of a defender or corruptor. Radial improvements add a second debuff proc of a second type (for example, if you had a defensive debuff, your secondary debuff proc would be an offensive debuff proc), while Core improvements allow the debuff proc to stack.

Masterminds take note: This applies to all your summons as well as your own attacks, although it might not apply to the attacks of pets created by powers (Storm Summoning's thundercloud or Fire Control's imps, for example) and almost certainly not by "pseudopets" (the glue patches summoned by Trick Arrow's Glue Arrow, for example).

Diamagnetic Interface adds a tohit debuff proc to all attacks. Notably, its base debuff chance is 50% versus every other power's 25%. Radial improvements add a -regen proc, while Core improvements allow the tohit debuff to stack.

Gravatic Interface adds a recharge debuff proc to all attacks. Radial improvements debuff recovery and secondary effects (undefined for now), while Core improvements allow the recharge debuff to stack.

Reactive Interface adds a damage resistance debuff proc to all attacks. Radial improvements add a minor damage over time (no type listed, not known if that means it's untyped or if that wasn't recorded), while Core impovements allow the damage resistance debuff proc to stack.

Paralytic Interface adds a defense debuff proc to all attacks. (Note that this is coming on the heels of defense being made "worthless" with to-hit chances being "guaranteed" by recent buffs. It's also replacing a regen proc.) Radial improvements add an extra damage debuff proc; Core improvements allow the defense debuff to stack. Additionally, at the third tier, you have to choose between two of the following sets: Energy/Negative, Fire/Cold, Smashing/Lethal, and Psionic/Toxic.

Lore
    Lore summons a pet from the Praetorian storyline for up to five minutes. Notably, they're from Praetorian enemy groups - and the description of each mentions you "summon and control the essence of a vanquished [foe] from the Well of the Furies." The implications of what the Well of the Furies really is and what it wants from us are changing...

For all Lore slots, the Radial improvement is an invincible support pet that cannot attack, and the Core improvement is an extra pet that attacks. I don't know what those are because only the first level's been recorded.

Warworks Ally summons a Warworks pet - first tier is an ACU. Lots of AoE missile spam everywhere!

Clockwork Ally summons a Clockwork pet - first tier is a Builder. Very good defenses and the ability to heal allies.

Seers Ally summons a Seers pet - first tier is a Diviner. Modest control and hard-to-resist damage.

IDF Ally summons an IDF pet - first tier is an Elite Ranger. Lots of single-target damage.

Destiny
    Destiny is a PBAoE Buff, so everyone can be a bit of a defender and a little bit of a tanker. Note that you "Invoke" your destiny, sharing it with your allies. Radial upgrades to your Destiny slot add extra duration and slow degradation, while Core upgrades to your Destiny slot add extra targets. A notable difference from all other buffs in the game: any buffs granted by the abilities fade over time, so instead of a hard crash like most buffs, you'll see the effects fading.

Ageless Invocation is a PBAoE endurance heal. Radial improvements add duration and slow degradation, while Core improvements add area and targets; both add universal debuff resistance and recovery.

Barrier Invocation (your ultimate destiny... is as a force field?) grants universal +defense and +resistance as a PBAoE. Radial improvements add duration, while Core improvements add targets.

Clarion Invocation is a PBAoE status protection (not resistance!) buff. Considering how rare extra status protection is, this will change the game for some high-level content. Radial improvements will slow the degrading speed, while Core improvements will add extra duration; both will add range and buff secondary effects.

Rebirth Invocation is a PBAoE heal. Radial improvements add +regen, Core improvements add extra targets, both add +MaxHP at higher end.

In General

These higher-level slots require higher-level pieces to craft, although you can upgrade 10 Incarnate Shards (the stuff of alpha slots) into 6 Incarnate Threads (the stuff of higher-level slots) once per day, and 10 Incarnate shards into 3 Incarnate Threads as many times per day as you like. You are still rewarded for undertaking new high end content, trials, and task forces by getting the fast way - but if you can't or don't want to do that, you're not locked out of the higher-end Incarnate system.

Finally, some of these provide Incarnate Level Shifts. These work like normal level shifts, but only when participating in Incarnate content. (Anyone else think that the Incarnate system is the true name of the Coming Storm?)

Robziel on
    Do I look like the sort of man who'd go and find unsuspecting Japanese schoolgirls in short skirts and white panties and ask them if they want to see my "Cthulu Special"?
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    hahahah shit

so uh, reading the backstory for the upcoming BAF and other Praetorian arcs

sorta shoots down the Exsurgency storyline I had set up with my initial vigilante arc.

so I'm going to take that down and replace it with something else

ain't the first time that I've started working on AE storylines only for the official stories to come along and over-ride what i was doing

oh well, back to the drawing board

Pony on
  • Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So, I'm finally doing the alpha slot unlock on all my 50s, even though half of them don't even have IOs.

Which path would you guys recommend for my Stone/WP Brute? Also, would switching him from Soul Mastery to Body Mastery for Physical Perfection and so on be better? I'd miss Gloom and Dark Oblit though.

Corvus on
    :so_raven:
  • Options
    LepLep Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Don't really see a reason to switch unless you're having end trouble.

Lep on
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    edited March 2011
    WP should have enough end recovery, and you're going to want a good AoE with Stone.

A duck! on
  • Options
    grouch993grouch993 Both a man and a numberRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I haven't researched this elsewhere, just asking here in case someone knows offhand.

Is it possible to get the villain epic powers on a blue side character? Or the opposite, x mastery on a red side char?

grouch993 on
    Steam Profile Origin grouchiy
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited March 2011
    Yes

Tube on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Yes with the exception of EATs. For a hero to get patron powers they need to go from Hero to Vigiliante to Villian and run a patron arc. Once that happens patron powers are unlocked as normal for them. Villians just need to get to lvl 41 to rain access to the APP's

Robziel on
    Do I look like the sort of man who'd go and find unsuspecting Japanese schoolgirls in short skirts and white panties and ask them if they want to see my "Cthulu Special"?
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Sorry I haven't been on much lately, guys.

I bought Nier and Pokémon Black. :|

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So Ice Mistral is incredibly boring and Numina is fucking intolerable with those hunts AND zone events in the same game. This week is terrible.

Narbus on
  • Options
    LepwaveLepwave Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Atleast IM can be done fast.

Lepwave on
    XBL/CoX tags - Lepwave/@Lepwave
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    numina is basically completely dumb

mistral is kind of boring but at least it's not completely dumb

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
  • Options
    kafzielkafziel Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Numina seems like a problematic WST. At least when you have fifty teams doing Apex they aren't actively competing with each other for hunt kills.

kafziel on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Did Ice Mistral for the first time today with a couple of PA'ers and a PuG not bad, but all the kill all missions are silly.

Corvus on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    kafziel wrote: »
    Numina seems like a problematic WST. At least when you have fifty teams doing Apex they aren't actively competing with each other for hunt kills.

not to mention periodic rikti and zombie invasions blocking the zone specific hunt missions

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I know more than a few people who had been talking about running a bunch of Lady Grey's this week to fuck with Numina hunts.

Robziel on
  • Options
    grouch993grouch993 Both a man and a numberRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Are ambushes prevented from spawning when the Rikti invasion is running? Some of the kill 10 missions should be covered by the ambush. Hazard zones aren't a problem. If not, it seems like a bit of work to grief some folks.

On our Numina run we sent single team members to low zones and doubled or tripled up on some of the other zones. Just leapfrogged our way to Eden.

grouch993 on
    Steam Profile Origin grouchiy
  • Options
    Modern ManModern Man Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    grouch993 wrote: »
    On our Numina run we sent single team members to low zones and doubled or tripled up on some of the other zones. Just leapfrogged our way to Eden.
    Yeah, that's how we handled it last night. Only took a minute or two per zone to hunt down what we needed.

It's not a terribly exciting TF, but it's really easy. I doubt people are going to do it more than a couple of times, since you can't get shard drops.

Modern Man on
    Aetian Jupiter - 41 Gunslinger - The Old Republic
    Rigorous Scholarship

• Options
    edited March 2011
    For the two or three of you who will be there, I'll be the guy in the Angry Marine t-shirt at the City of panel on Saturday.

Robziel on
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So, how many PA people are still playing regularly? I've been thinking about getting back into this for a bit and was just curious.

see317 on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    see317 wrote: »
    So, how many PA people are still playing regularly? I've been thinking about getting back into this for a bit and was just curious.

at any given time there's at least 6-8 people in the PA channel when i log on and they're usually up for some kind of teaming

Pony on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Yeah, it is pretty good right now, there are a lot of folks around, and a bunch of us old timers are playing again. And I20 is I guess not terribly far away.

Corvus on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Incase you need character concept inspiration, this is amusing: http://www.theyfightcrime.org/

Corvus on
  • Options
    jonxpjonxp [E] PC Security Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Corvus wrote: »
    Incase you need character concept inspiration, this is amusing: http://www.theyfightcrime.org/

That's pretty awesome.

jonxp on
    Every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten.
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1614-5576
    PAX Prime 2014 Buttoneering!
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    jonxp wrote: »
    Corvus wrote: »

That's pretty awesome.

Yeah, someone in D&D had it in their sig.

I love this one:
    He's a genetically engineered day-dreaming waffle chef gone bad. She's a manipulative cigar-chomping angel who hides her beauty behind a pair of thick-framed spectacles. They fight crime!

Corvus on
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Must. Stop. Clicking for more.
    He's a jaded umbrella-wielding barbarian for the 21st century. She's a vivacious hypochondriac traffic cop living homeless in New York's sewers. They fight crime!

Glal on
  • Options
    WeX MajorsWeX Majors 8th Floor, MegashipRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Here's why I love CoX ( I love that sentence almost as much)
    I'm pretty positive all of those examples are creatable in this game.

IN FACT!

Brb...

UPDATE!
    So it took about an hour, but as it turns out, I was pretty much right

The chef was pretty easy to do. CoX does Genetic Fuckery very well and there's multiple methods to take it. Note a Chef's Hat into the list of "Costume Pieces That Should Have Been Added By Now"
    WaffleChef.jpg

Homeless traffic chick? Fuckin cinch. She's hypochondriac, so all she does is deploy her own force field. I gave her mind control for some reason ("Yes Mr. Rat, of course you're double parked next to that manhole cover!") but I'm wondering if I can give her Kinetic Control for the vivacious pre-req? Obviously, if put into the real game you'd give her the Flies aura.
    CopChick.jpg

Now for the disappointments. There's no Umbrella, so instead I made the 21st century barbarian a Hipster.
    So he's got an iMace Touch (in black) and Electric Armor. Because he wouldn't be able to heal himself from a common cold either.
    HipsterBarbarian.jpg

Oddly enough, you can't have a female model chomping on a cigar in this game! So the Mind Control/Psionic Blast chick just gets to look like a valkyrie.
    Angel.jpg

WeX Majors on
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    That chef could totally be my Dominator's arch nemesis. His name is Mr Waffles.

Glal on
  • Options
    WeX MajorsWeX Majors 8th Floor, MegashipRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    the power-sets would be interesting. Should he have something that lets him launch that Glue Trap/Waffle Batter? Or would he better with a broad sword and go around with one of those big Fuckoff sword models?

WeX Majors on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Apparently the server lists are getting merged, so the Euro and NA servers will be available to everyone. No actual server-merges.

Corvus on
This discussion has been closed.