Options

[CoX] Issue 20: Incarnates is live!

• Options
    ArcasArcas Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Sent you a code. I found dual pistols damage to be lacking but I only played it to mid 20s. Kinetics is always a good set.

Arcas on
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    sweet. Thank's Arcas.

Wait... It's good for a free 30 days?

Greetings see,

Your friend, Arcas, has sent you a Reactivation Credit Serial Code. If you decide to reactivate your City of Heroes or City of Villains account, you will split 60 days of FREE game time!

Your Serial Code is: QL8D-WVW9-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

Arcas sent you the following message:
    Even sweeter. Thought it was only a free 15 days.

see317 on
  • Options
    LepwaveLepwave Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Hm, always thought it was 15 days too.

Lepwave on
    XBL/CoX tags - Lepwave/@Lepwave
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    grouch993grouch993 Both a man and a numberRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So, sorry about Tuesday evening. Turns out I had to go to ER and get admitted to the hospital and stay there until just now.

When I said I was sick on vent and in chat I really meant it.

Good part was getting notices on the two characters before all the needles and screaming...

grouch993 on
    Steam Profile Origin grouchiy
  • Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Yikes man, that sucks.

Also, woo, Alpha Slotted three of my 50s now. Now for the Brute, MM, Scrapper and maybe the PB.

Corvus on
    :so_raven:
  • Options
    NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Dear Grouchy: Did you at least accidentally fall into a radioactive autoclave and get superpowers or anything? PS: Get better k.

Also RE Incarnates. It's going to be interesting to see what happens with any new characters I roll after i20 and the future slots get opened up. That's going to be a LOT of work suddenly for any new character I might have. Three - four weeks of task forces just to very rare up an alpha slot, not even counting all the shards I'd need, then however much work it ends up being unlocking the next bunch of slots, and filling those up with threads and whatnot. Long term this system might be a lot more work than it seems now; it's weird.

I'm almost annoyed with the idea of rolling up anyone new now.

Narbus on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Someone suggested getting tier one Interface/Judgment then working towards tier three Lore/Destiny for the trial level-shift. It'll make the trials easier. Still a lot of work though. Gonna dedicate a single hero and villain to work on for awhile.

Arcas on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Pony on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    That is balls out awesome.

Also, got three characters alpha slotted now, and my Blaster is level shifted.

Corvus on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    That is balls out awesome.

Also, got three characters alpha slotted now, and my Blaster is level shifted.

Corvus on
  • Options
    ShawnaseeShawnasee Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Pony wrote: »

Some cut and paste action? Blocks doin their job all up ins.

Shawnasee on
  • Options
    RobzielRobziel Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Shawnasee wrote: »
    Pony wrote: »

Some cut and paste action? Blocks doin their job all up ins.

No problem
    NCsoft sends its most heart-felt condolences to the victims and people of Japan
    NCsoft sends its most heart-felt condolences to the victims and people of Japan. As such, NCsoft will donate 500 million Yen (approx 4.5 million Euros/3.9 million GBP/6.3 million USD) to restoration of damages in the region. Our thoughts and prayers are with the people of Japan.

NCsoft senior executive Sung Joon Park stated, "In order to support those who have suffered from the earthquake and to help restoration, we decided to donate 500 million Yen, which corresponds to one month of sales." He also added that, "We'll maintain the service with the minimal electricity and personnel. Maintaining daily life is also important; therefore, we plan to uphold the service." NCsoft's Vice-President, Corporate Communications Jaesung Lee added from headquarters in Seoul, South Korea that, "We sincerely hope Japan can overcome the current difficulties as soon as possible."

Additionally, many organizations and funds have mobilized to provide relief to those affected by the disaster. If you are interested in contributing, below are some links to charitable organizations in alphabetical order working in earnest to help the victims in Japan.

Doctors Without Borders
    International Fund for Animal Welfare
    International Medical Corps
    The Japan Earthquake and Tsunami Relief Fund
    The Red Cross
    Salvation Army
    Shelter Box
    UNICEF

Robziel on
    Do I look like the sort of man who'd go and find unsuspecting Japanese schoolgirls in short skirts and white panties and ask them if they want to see my "Cthulu Special"?
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So I just re-installed this on my PC after about a year-ish of not playing. I'd been missing the game a little, and two things happened on the same day that tilted me over the edge - I realized that I had not, as I believed, canceled my account, so I was actually still paying into my account; also, I found out about that fantastic NCsoft donation to the Japanese relief efforts. I took it as a sign.

So yeah, I'll probably set up some new toons on Virtue to try and get in on some PA action. My old characters are all over on Justice, but if I stick around for any length of time I might move some over, since most of the friends that I SG'd with on Justice have quit. Very intrigued to try out some of the going rogue material, as I last played during the early days of Architect edition. Looking forward to smiting evil/good with some of y'all...

shalmelo on
    Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    stabbacatstabbacat Registered User new member
    edited March 2011
    I am reactivating my CoH account if anyone would like to PM a reactivation code to get in on some free time goodness. Thanks.

EDIT: Arcas provided one, thanks.

stabbacat on
  • Options
    jonxpjonxp [E] PC Security Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    stabbacat wrote: »
    I am reactivating my CoH account if anyone would like to PM a reactivation code to get in on some free time goodness. Thanks.

PM Sent

jonxp on
    Every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten.
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1614-5576
    PAX Prime 2014 Buttoneering!
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Hey guys, question on Alpha Slot and Masterminds, does whatever you choose effect your Henchmen's powers?

Corvus on
  • Options
    kafzielkafziel Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    If it's a type of enhancement that the Henchman's power is set to inherit, then yes. So Spiritual's +Recharge won't carry through, but Musculature's +Damage or Spiritual's +Heal or suchlike will.

kafziel on
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So.... anyone that's not playing wanna come back? Local Wal-Mart has the GvE edition for $15 and I'm set through May in addition to already owning every expansion except the Mac part.... no, I bought those too.

Wait, I don't own the wedding pack! Or the Beast pack.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    kafziel wrote: »
    If it's a type of enhancement that the Henchman's power is set to inherit, then yes. So Spiritual's +Recharge won't carry through, but Musculature's +Damage or Spiritual's +Heal or suchlike will.

Thanks, Musculature it is then.

On another note, Cardiac is amazing for characters with end problems. It is making a huge difference for my Ice/Dark Corr. I can blast non stop and run leadership toggles and shadowfall like its nothing.

Corvus on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I took cardiac on my Ill/Kin controller and the dark/dark corruptor. Didn't really need it for the controller when transfusion hits, but it does help when it misses. Or when it is too messy to be standing near the fight.

The loss of the alpha power when exemp'ing down for content is very noticeable, took spiritual on my brute and stand around whistling while waiting for attacks to recharge.

For people that played the betas, how much of a difference did it make with the other slots? Or was there one? Since your characters are already godlike with the billions spent on the fancy IO slotting?

:)

grouch993 on
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I came back last night and rolled up a Dual Pistols/Cold corrupter

I assume this is a poor choice of sets but whatever I'm having fun dicking around in Praetoria

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2011

I assume this is a poor choice of sets but whatever I'm having fun dicking around in Praetoria

Yeah, I threw together a Kin/electric scrapper last night for the hell of it. It was fun to roam around Praetoria a little, but weird to not know where anything is...

shalmelo on
  • Options
    Gear GirlGear Girl More class than a state university Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    You guys are in the Penny Arcade channel I hope.

Gear Girl on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I will be when I log on next. Last night I just wanted to solo a little bit and reacquaint myself with the mechanics of the game. It's been a long time.

shalmelo on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    shalmelo wrote: »

Yeah, I threw together a Kin/electric scrapper last night for the hell of it. It was fun to roam around Praetoria a little, but weird to not know where anything is...

I have both of those! Except my Pistols/Cold is a Cold/Pistols defender.

They both are working out quite well though. Cold is a sick set, albeit rather less so on a Corrupter, and while it doesn't pair up too naturally with Pistols, the ability to choose which debuff to emphasize with the ammos is nice. At times, though, I do regret not being a set with a proper nuke, because of Heat Loss being so bonkers that I can give myself enough recovery to recover during a nuke crash while fighting as few as six enemies. With seven guys to Heat Loss, I approach normal non-crash non-Heat Loss recovery.

Kin/ would probably be ideal on a /Fire or /Shield scrapper, but I have a /Shield already and /Fire as of 27 was just a little too squishy for my tastes. As it is, with Lightning Reflexes helping my recharge and Power Sink giving me all the blue I could ever want, they're working nicely in tandem. It's nice seeing Lightning Field tick for 20-30 damage during Power Siphon, though I am definitely starting to feel that 75% resist cap. But I intend to IO for defense, which should make up the difference.

kafziel on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    If someone in the PA chat channel could give me the ability to speak, I'd appreciate it. Global name is the same as my forum name. Thanks!

shalmelo on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Is the will power set on a scrapper good enough to cover regeneration or am I going to need to take medicine and get self heal?

Do IO set regen accolades also suffer from suppression during combat?

grouch993 on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    grouch993 wrote: »
    Is the will power set on a scrapper good enough to cover regeneration or am I going to need to take medicine and get self heal?

no to the suppression thing

also i've never needed a self-heal on my WP guys

Pony on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Interesting. I foresee a crime spree and bake sale to afford some IO sets for some guys...

Aka, thanks for the answers Pony, you saved me from digging through the official forums.

grouch993 on
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Got a problem, thought you guys might be able to help with it.
    In the game I'm able to move straight forward with no problem. However, when I depress a second key (say to turn or jump) the action completes but then I stop moving when the second key is let up until I let the "w" key up and repress it. It's not a huge issue, but it's extremely annoying to be trying to run to a mission, make a minor correction in my course, then come to a dead stop.

I'm pretty certain it's my keyboard, an old HP model that I can't find any support information on. (Model number: RT7H10, P/N 5187-7583 Rev 1.2). It may also be the way I've got it set up. My new computer doesn't have PS/2 ports on it, and I didn't like the USB keyboard that came with it, keys just didn't click right. So I got a PS/2-USB adapter intending to keep my old keyboard. (Note: the USB keyboard that came with my new computer was given with my old computer to my sister for her kids to use, so it isn't an option)

So, any suggestions on solutions, or is it time to go out and find a USB keyboard that I like?
    If the second, any suggestions (preferably in the $50 or so range)?

I got the same issue when playing STO, so it's not any of the ingame settings in CoX.

see317 on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Wild guess here, either the keyboard or the use of the adaptor is causing this. If you are holding two keys and release one, the fact the other is depressed isn't registering until you release and press again.

Saw something similar with a KVM switch I was using a while back. Ended up replacing the switch to get around the issue.

Unless there is some sentimental reason (or pragmatic like poor and starving) I would replace it. Personal ergonomics and tastes are wildly different so not going to suggest anything. There have been a few keyboard type threads in the hardware forum.

grouch993 on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    grouch993 wrote: »

Willpower's a funny set. It's got Defense making you get hit less often, it's got Resist so when you do get hit it's for less, it's got +HP so that damage is less of your total pool of HP, and it's got Regen so that you heal that amount back faster too. It all combines into a multiplicative frenzy of survivability, and you can really easily build yourself into something retardedly durable. Aid Self is counterproductive, though Dark Melee with its Siphon Life can push things over the edge into the absurd.

Willpower, more than any other meleer, can go balls-out ridiculous with IO sets. You want lots of +HP to maximize the huge regen you're getting from Rise to the Challenge, and lots of +Defense to stack on top of Weave and Heightened Senses and probably Combat Jumping and/or Hover. My Dual Blades/Willpower scrapper will, once I finish up her Very Rare Alpha, be sitting at ~46% defense to Smashing/Lethal/Fire/Cold/Energy/Negative, ~2300 HP, and regenerating 61hp/second with only one person feeding Rise to the Challenge. She's soloed Lazarus with AVs turned on.

A few tips: Four Kinetic Combats, skipping the proc, plus a Mako's Bite triple and Mako's Bite quad produces all-around excellent enhancing in a single-target melee attack, and gets you 3.75% Smash/Lethal defense and 1.5% HP to boot. 3 Eradications and 3 Cleaving Blows in a PBAoE gets you 4.375% Energy/Negative defense, while 4 Eradications and 2 Scirocco's Dervish only gets you 3.125% Energy/Negative but also gets 2.25% HP and a smidgen of regen. Mocking Beratement is an excellent set to squeeze into a taunt power. 3 Aegises gets you most of your worthwhile enhancing out of a resist power and 3.125% Fire/Cold defense too.

kafziel on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Arcas on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Guys in Lambda have that too. It's pretty swank.

edit: yeah see

kafziel on
  • Options
    LepLep Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Dudes in Tin Mage have it too but most teams just jump past them in the last mission.

Lep on
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    edited March 2011
    Guys, image sizes.

A duck! on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    ... I thought the whole point of spoilering images was so that the pixels didn't matter.

kafziel on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited March 2011
    The images load behind the spoiler and the file size can kill slower connections.

Tube on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    kafziel wrote: »
    ... I thought the whole point of spoilering images was so that the pixels didn't matter.

There be file size limits too.

Also, I'd like a version of that for my AR Blaster, just because.

Corvus on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Best error ever.

/bug is bugged

Corvus on
This discussion has been closed.