As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[CoX] Issue 20: Incarnates is live!

• Modern ManModern Man Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So, RPing on Virtue. It's everywhere. And much of it is slightly troubling. Do you really need to include the list of your character's body-piercings in her bio? Really?

Modern Man on
    Aetian Jupiter - 41 Gunslinger - The Old Republic
    Rigorous Scholarship

• RobzielRobziel Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    There's a wide variety of RPers on Virtue ranging from the frightening to the less frightening and more "normal." Finding the less frightening people is not easy, I know there are some groups that advertise on the forums but they can be a mixed bag so ymmv.

Robziel on
    Do I look like the sort of man who'd go and find unsuspecting Japanese schoolgirls in short skirts and white panties and ask them if they want to see my "Cthulu Special"?
  • FerrosolFerrosol Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Modern Man wrote: »
    So, RPing on Virtue. It's everywhere. And much of it is slightly troubling. Do you really need to include the list of your character's body-piercings in her bio? Really?

welcome to Furtue as it is (not) so affectionately known. Also why does every god-damn RP
    character have their own theme song its annoying and pointless. Although it does come with the side benefit of marking such people as total losers.

Ferrosol on
    edited March 2011
    I filled out my character slots on Freedom and have started making alts on Virtue. I'm used to Pocket D mostly being just a shortcut to other zones. Not a place where people stand around having long emo conversations.

Some of the bios are pretty funny. Or horrifying. Or a little of both. But the theme song thing is kind of weird.

Modern Man on
    Rigorous Scholarship

• CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I have the worst Tin Mage PuGs ever. I've done two now with no debuffers and the only support being an FF controller.

I only got two Shards off last nights debacle too. :/

Corvus on
    :so_raven:
  • shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Ferrosol wrote: »
    Modern Man wrote: »

welcome to Furtue as it is (not) so affectionately known. Also why does every god-damn RP
    character have their own theme song its annoying and pointless. Although it does come with the side benefit of marking such people as total losers.

Yeah, three days on Virtue and I'm already reminded why almost all of my characters live on Justice. And I haven't even set foot in Pocket D yet... D:

shalmelo on
    Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • WeX MajorsWeX Majors 8th Floor, MegashipRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Oh please, terrible bios are half of the damn fun of playing on Virtue.
    I don't think a single one of the veterans here doesn't have at least one pic of a shitty bio.
    Exhibit A!
    screenshot_2009-03-08-01-56-33.jpg

WeX Majors on
  • JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Other than the egregious hooked on phonics, that is one hilarious bio.

Jakarrd on
    Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
    edited March 2011
    I'm convinced that bio is a joke. The "cries the tears of a baby unicorn" is what gives it away.

Modern Man on
    Rigorous Scholarship

edited March 2011
    What the XXtakennameXX wasn't give away :)

Robziel on
    Do I look like the sort of man who'd go and find unsuspecting Japanese schoolgirls in short skirts and white panties and ask them if they want to see my "Cthulu Special"?
  • ShawnaseeShawnasee Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Wow...I am LOVING the baby unicorn tears.

Speaking of funny I give you

Fire Kin Master X!

http://boards.cityofheroes.com/showthread.php?t=203550

Shawnasee on
    edited March 2011
    Oh god, I just saw a wall of IO's and my mind just kinda went :PBBBBTT: and blanked. Can someone tell me if this build as OP as he claims?
    Also, yes, XXNameTakenXX was made specifically to hit the ticks on the "Worst Bio Ever" checklist. But I can promise you I've seen almost every part of that bio out in the wild. Virtue's full of freaks man.

WeX Majors on
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    put enough bling in a build, it's bound to perform well

for as expensive as it is, that build is pretty questionable though

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited March 2011
    Putting an apocalypse in char is a fucking crime

Tube on
    edited March 2011
    WeX Majors wrote: »
    Also, yes, XXNameTakenXX was made specifically to hit the ticks on the "Worst Bio Ever" checklist. But I can promise you I've seen almost every part of that bio out in the wild. Virtue's full of freaks man.
    I go with the theory that a lot of characters are created as wish fulfillment. I'll admit that my male characters are built to look like I'd want to look, ideally, and my female characters are built to look like like women I would find hot.

But, looking at some of the bios out there in that light is disturbing. Some people have very creepy wishes they want fulfilled.

Modern Man on
    Rigorous Scholarship

• grouch993grouch993 Both a man and a numberRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    If you can stomach reading further, people offer tips on correcting that build. The guy is obstinate though and doesn't agree with anyone suggesting better.

Probably am guilty of poor slotting myself. My formula is usually:

1) does the power sound cool? Try it.
    2) damage power? accuracy, end reduction, damagex3, then another end or acc
    3) something else? Drop crap in that sounds reasonable.

Was thinking my new kin/wp scrapper would try to get smartly assigned slots and start on IO sets.

grouch993 on
    Steam Profile Origin grouchiy
  • shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    grouch993 wrote: »
    If you can stomach reading further, people offer tips on correcting that build. The guy is obstinate though and doesn't agree with anyone suggesting better.

Probably am guilty of poor slotting myself. My formula is usually:

1) does the power sound cool? Try it.
    2) damage power? accuracy, end reduction, damagex3, then another end or acc
    3) something else? Drop crap in that sounds reasonable.

Was thinking my new kin/wp scrapper would try to get smartly assigned slots and start on IO sets.

So you haven't been sucked down the rabbit hole that is Mid's/Wentworth's? I think I simultaneously pity and envy you at the same time. I never used to be a min-maxer...

shalmelo on
    Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
    edited March 2011
    At first I thought it was 'obvious troll being obvious' but people claim to have played with him and he is as big a braggarty douche canoe in game, as he is in that thread.

Dude is claiming later on that he has a new build that gets him to 80% S/L Defense.

Which is retarded cause it doesn't help him get hit less.

But apparently his ticket farm is pretty good.

Also, when I start building a character I HAVE to go to mids...themed or not I feel like I am doing something wrong if I don't research it out.
    Actually, for me, that's half the fun.

Shawnasee on
    edited March 2011
    It does help him in very rare situations but also not really.
    I've also been told that 54% is the new 45% when it comes to Incarnate Trials.

Robziel on
    edited March 2011
    It helps when you are facing enemies that debuff def but what's the point when you are making your own AE farm? Which according to him is all he's doing.

And wow....54% is achievable, obviously, but at the expense of what? What do you have to give up in your builds to get there? Or is it easy to get now with the incarnate's?

Shawnasee on
  • grouch993grouch993 Both a man and a numberRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Actually do play with Mids and WW/BM. Just not obsessively. Haven't figured out what is the best number of slots to put on certain powers, how to frankenslot or whatever to get the best possible set bonuses.

Still shocked when I hear people talking about a billion or more inf to get an impressive build. I gave away 300 million the first time I quit playing, but that was from my blaster that had made a mint farming purple mobs back before the patch.

grouch993 on
    Steam Profile Origin grouchiy
  • LepLep Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Don't need to spend that much to make a good build though.

Lep on
    edited March 2011
    See, this build represents so much of what I think is wrong with this line of play.
    Now I can understand why people become obsessed with this Ultimate Min/Max Syndrome. Half of my characters revolve around whatever power combo was The Hot Shit of its time.
    But if you're going to sit there and spend 6billion inf on...anyone, you're going to achieve something along these lines. Just how the math works.

WeX Majors on
    edited March 2011
    It's not a good build...I dare say he wasted a lot of money.

Shawnasee on
  • NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    That build is absolutely terrible. He dumped a ton of money into all the wrong places, and it's just a giant mess. There is nothing, absolutely nothing, that he does really really well. It's a hodgepodge of bonuses that add up to nothing of any great use.

Narbus on
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    if you gonna sperg

sperg it right

or don't sperg at all

Pony on
    edited March 2011
    but...but he has 80% defense.....

Shawnasee on
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So many people run maneuvers these days t hat I'm basically always at 60% or more on eight man teams, even without other specific defbuffs

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    edited March 2011
    You guys don't get it...he is Fire Kin Master X (emphasis on MASTER (ok, triple emphasis)). He doesn't need a team or maneuvers. He is the greatest fire kin ever...EVUH!

Shawnasee on
    edited March 2011
    Why is it for Blasters, out of the 9 epics to choose from only TWO offer a shield with defense?

So I get to have Ice armor or carry a Mace....which limits my thematic options by a metric shit ton.

edit: in such a rage I didn't notice the double posting...sorry

Shawnasee on
  • LepwaveLepwave Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I thought not having flashfire on a fire/kin was lunacy, until I saw you had fissure to take its place.

This is why I don't visit the official forums.

Lepwave on
    XBL/CoX tags - Lepwave/@Lepwave
    steam_sig.png
    edited March 2011
    I didn't even get that far

ye gods

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
  • NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So, playing for any real length of time has started crashing my video driver so hard that I blue screen. Soooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Narbus on
    edited March 2011
    Narbus wrote: »
    Soooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
    time to get a new graphics card?
    Had that happen to me a while ago, and it was simply an old ass ATI card was my problem.

WeX Majors on
  • Gear GirlGear Girl More class than a state university Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I was getting a "display driver has stopped working" message in various games but it was actually my chipset drivers that needed upgrading.

Gear Girl on
    edited March 2011
    I'm enjoying reading this, you should to
    http://www.virtueverse.net/wiki/Hellgirl

Robziel on
  • LepLep Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Oh god its like a geocity page.

Lep on
  • ArcasArcas Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Whoa like a blast from the past. I like her character's face. That was my expression when I read it.

Arcas on
    edited March 2011
    When I found it this afternoon it just had the under construction stuff. I especially like the Lycos award

Robziel on
  • LepwaveLepwave Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    This site is best viewed in 640x480 with Netscape Navigator.

How awesome.

Lepwave on
    XBL/CoX tags - Lepwave/@Lepwave
    steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.