As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[CoX] Issue 20: Incarnates is live!

• Options
    RobzielRobziel Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    It can be very draining and it is why I went Sciricco for the patron powers for Power Sink. It's a build based entirely around recharge so everything is up fairly quickly so it can be quite draining at low levels if you don't watch yourself.

Robziel on
    Do I look like the sort of man who'd go and find unsuspecting Japanese schoolgirls in short skirts and white panties and ask them if they want to see my "Cthulu Special"?
  • Options
    WeX MajorsWeX Majors 8th Floor, MegashipRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Ender wrote: »
    Hay guzy!!!

So, after grinding around for a while on my fire/ice blaster, I realize that while the blowing stuff up part is fun, I'm kinda sad about the lack of survivability. So I was thinking about remaking her (Ender making a new char no way what is this world coming to oh my god the sky) as a fire/* corr.

I was thinking /rad, but I'm a little concerned about the end usage of /rad, especially since fire/ isn't exactly end-light. Anyone have experience? Is the end usage as bad as I fear?
    Sounds like someone needs a little...
    screenshot_2009-05-19-02-02-52.jpg
    Rad Representation!

I think I've come to the conclusion that anything that lets you get one of the Rains, is awesome. So Fire is cool.
    Rad is weird, in that you'll often find (in teaming anyway) hard to get out the eight thousand holds you'll have because people will just die around you. You've got an PBAoE Heal, a Buff, a DEBUFF/HOLD on top of your regular holds. Some of them are good holds, which can do many things. Some, just give you Slow on targets.
    ooooh.

But when you combine those with your Rain and your Fireball (AOE with a chance to burn everyone that was hit.) and then later one when you get to play what I call
    The "Dick Around With The Corpses Of Teammates" Game and it's a blastie blast and a half.
    However, you ARE squishy and you do suck endurance like a $2 Whore, so find a good End Mod IO Set as soon as you can get one.

WeX Majors on
  • Options
    ArcasArcas Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Arcas on
  • Options
    buddyleebuddylee Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Fire/Dark. It should be outlawed.

buddylee on
    Jack Burton: "Like I told my last wife, I says, 'Honey, I never drive faster than I can see'. Besides that, it's all in the reflexes."
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    buddylee wrote: »

I got hurt feelings, I got hurt feeelings~

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Arcas wrote: »

I like how she creates lighting effects for her ass.

spookymuffin on
    PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • Options
    RobzielRobziel Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Origins Pack is up for people who are interested in that sort of thing
    https://secure.ncsoft.com/cgi-bin/Store.pl?dnv=4473870186&action=viewItem&item_id=293

Robziel on
    Do I look like the sort of man who'd go and find unsuspecting Japanese schoolgirls in short skirts and white panties and ask them if they want to see my "Cthulu Special"?
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    buddylee wrote: »

I got hurt feelings, I got hurt feeelings~

Fire/Dark will comfort you in her loving, smokey embrace and make it all better. Fire/Dark, its just that awesome.

buddylee on
    Jack Burton: "Like I told my last wife, I says, 'Honey, I never drive faster than I can see'. Besides that, it's all in the reflexes."
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    why is fire/dark so godlike?

this is a thing i keep hearing

Pony on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Pony wrote: »
    why is fire/dark so godlike?

this is a thing i keep hearing

It kind of brings everything to the table. Lots of damage, healing, -Regen, -Damage, -To Hit (in spades), Fear, Slows, a Hold/-Regen that just happens to ressurect people, a pet that can inflict -Damage/-To Hit and heal and immobilize, a damage resistance aura that also provides stealth...

Fiaryn on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Pure top damage (with scourging dots and both ST and AoE goodness) mixed with the wonders of Dark's protective debuffs and controls.

Yes, it has RoF and Tar Pit. The secret is that fire is pure damage. You don't need to water down the damage to balance it vs. things like holds/slows (Ice) or weak AoE (sonic) or ST (electricity) damage.

Instead, the secondary offers everything you need defensively to survive as a corr. Pure damage. Awesome defenses. No compromise. Pure win. :P

buddylee on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Darnit all. Play NC said my account had unauthorized access.

So they closed it down (smart, thank you), but didn't send me an e-mail (not smart, no thanks there).

Finally I got a response. PlayNC asked for a laundry list of info. I gave them a dozen activation codes, Unique Account IDs, my account names, my cc info, old addresses, and they are stuck wanting my Guild Wars 25-digit code. Which I don't have. From 5 years ago. After we got flooded. CoX and Tabula Rasa wasn't enough for them. And I don't even play GW any more.

If they refuse me, I'm going to be mad losing 6 years of game purchases, badging and leveling. Not something I'm going to bother trying to make up for, either. :x

buddylee on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    That's ridiculous. I guarantee they'll buckle and give you access back though Buddy, the angry customer almost always wins in these things and you've got more than enough proof.

Fiaryn on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Hope so. I'm prepared to call in and chew my way up the food chain. And if they can't open my account, I'm going to contest the charges for Going Rogue and the Mutant Pack I purchased. The whole thing's kinda silly.

I'm curious how someone hacked my account. Hell, I don't even know what I have left in there. I hope I'm not cleaned out. Had about 500,000,000 Inf, and some nice IOs.

I am pretty careful with my online security and take all the recommended precautions. As a safeguard, I just changed all my e-mail account passwords, as well as my MMO and banking passwords, too. *sigh*

buddylee on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    How is Pistols/Dark for a Corr? Does it have the same sorta benefits, in that DP is pure damage and all that?

I don't care if it's as good as Fire/Dark, per se, but is it a good combo in and of itself?

Pony on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited November 2010
    pistols isn't very good

Tube on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    pistols isn't very good

oh

but

but i thought you could make it not all-lethal

explain

Pony on
  • Options
    NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Swap ammo changes a small amount of the damage to another type, with a minor secondary effect. That's it. It's still largely lethal damage, even with "cryo ammo" running. It's really a lame 'special' effect for a set to have. They should have gone with a combo system.

Narbus on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Arcanaville math aside, I still finding the set 'slow' compared to Fire or Ice. Unlike those sets, I tend to hit things after they die on teams.

buddylee on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Is any other Corr primary a good pair for dark?

Pony on
  • Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010

Archery would work, as would AR. Ice works, but is very endurance demanding. Radiation would be good too, you'd get -Def added to Dark's bag of tricks.

Corvus on
    :so_raven:
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I heard Fire Blast pairs well with Dark Miasma, Pony.

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Sonics is good with anything.

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Corvus wrote: »

Archery would work, as would AR. Ice works, but is very endurance demanding. Radiation would be good too, you'd get -Def added to Dark's bag of tricks.

how do those not have the same all-lethal problem as pistols?

Pony on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    AR has Flamethrower and Ignite. Archery is so awesome resistance doesn't matter. Ice is Smash/Cold. Radiation is Energy Damage.

Corvus on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    AR has Flamethrower and Ignite. Archery is so awesome resistance doesn't matter. Ice is Smash/Cold. Radiation is Energy Damage.

wait explain the awesomeness of archery?

i have heard completely opposite things about it

people make fun of my archery blaster!

Pony on
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited November 2010

how do those not have the same all-lethal problem as pistols?

While Ice and Arch have lethal damage, they're just better. Lets look at a comparison of Tier 3 blasts (end/recharge/damage/activation):

Blazing arrow 10/10/107/1.83
    Bitter Ice Blast 13/12/95/1.03
    Executioner's Shot 10/10/88/2.53 (HUUUUUURRRGGGHGHHGGH)
    Cosmic Burst 10/10/88/2
    and for the ultimate comparison:
    Blaze 10/10/125/1

T3 blasts are your bread and butter on a ranged set, and DPs is just BAD. Lowest damage, longest animation time. My Corr has been shelved ever since I hit 18 and picked it up. BIB is expensive and recharges more slowly, but you can throw it out quickly and the damage is okay.

As for Fire/Dark, back when we did villain night I was regularly taking the alpha on an 8-man team and doing a SHITLOAD of damage. The set is beastly.

EDIT - Archery is a good set and anyone who says otherwise is a fool. The downside to it is that out of Rain of Arrows its AoE potential is honestly pretty shitty. After RoA it's like wutevaaaaaaaaaaa

A duck! on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    people make fun of my archery blaster!

Son, those people are retarded. Rain of Arrows is quite possibly the best power in the game.

Corvus on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Rain of Arrows is the reason to play Archery. It is so fucking amazing.

Fiaryn on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Archery is kind of a mediocre set that gets saved by having a fantastically useful nuke.

Pistols is similarly mediocre, but it doesn't get bailed out by it's nuke. It does less damage than RoA and it's pbaoe rather than targeted. Pistols' secondary effect isn't useless (especially against the few enemies with real typed vulnerabilities), but it's not anything special really and using fire ammo all the time won't recover that much of the damage you lose via everything else being lethal.

That being said, my position on pistols is that fuck it, it's fun to play and the animations are neat. Executioner's shot is cumbersome, but you shoot things in the head, which never stops being entertaining. And any set winds up being pretty good once you invest IOs and so on in it.

If you're concerned about powergaming just play fire, because it's the best and it's not that close. Otherwise, play what you want.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I can play non-optimal sets fairly easily, hell, I have an Elec/Fire blaster, but I found the animation times in Pistols so cumbersome that it was too irritating to continue with.

Corvus on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    seriously considering an Archery/DM Corr

just trying to think of a cool concept.

Pony on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Emo, bitter, cupid. :p

Corvus on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Cupid on a drunken bender

Fiaryn on
  • Options
    WeX MajorsWeX Majors 8th Floor, MegashipRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    The Dark part is giving me problems, but I've got a few for a pissed off Archery/Rad Cupid:

The Acerbic Anklebiter
    The Alienated Angelface.
    The Savage Seraph

WeX Majors on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Kid Sickarus, the zombie cupid

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    BlueDestinyBlueDestiny Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Kid Sickarus, the zombie cupid

Second.

BlueDestiny on
  • Options
    NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    The Tenebrous Twang

Narbus on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    i can't make gag characters guys

i just

i can't do it

if i make a gag character i just don't play them

Pony on
  • Options
    spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Same here. I made a zombie Jesus and I only got him to 20 before I got sick of the concept. Also, the constant tells from religious fanatics telling me I was offending them was getting old.

spookymuffin on
    PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
This discussion has been closed.