As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Apocalypse World IRC] The fleeing and collapse of Sodom begins

124»

• Options
    Super NamicchiSuper Namicchi Orange County, CARegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Part II
    [21:18] <Jezebel> Yeah, that sounds like a plan. Make sure Mimi's got his gasmask on right, clumsy bastard.
    [21:18] <@simonwolf&gt; Fauna smiles, nods, says, "The work in Project is good and pure and without hatred, building for a brighter future. We can go there, together, if you like. You will be welcome."
    [21:20] * Valentine looks him in the eyes and attempts to discern if he is telling the truth
    [21:20] <@simonwolf&gt; Wizard's disappointed, August, he tries to say something like, "Well my place doesn-", but you've more or less got him out the door, and he gives up for now. Now you've got a slightly more stable guy on your bed, August! What do you do?
    [21:20] <Valentine> 2d6+1
    [21:20] <Critical> Valentine, 2d6+1: 10 [2d6=3,6]
    [21:22] <august> I'm gonna crack open one of those cans of food - carrots, looks like, haven't had carrots in years - and heat it up in the fireplace in one of my pots. Then I'm going to feed Sun a little and give him some water. Shit, what a mess. After that, it's time to go see the Caligula.
    [21:22] <@simonwolf&gt; Jezebel, you get to the holding cells, and there's nobody there. Like, nobody guarding the place at all. The place is basically just a room, four walls, a door made of rusty iron bars, an open roof made of the same iron, only in a grid pattern. Fuse is there's, he's shaking the door, screaming, "Let me out, I'm not fucking sick!"
    [21:22] <@simonwolf&gt; But you can see, Jezebel, as you get closer? Black gums, dark around the eyes. He's infected, no doubt.
    [21:24] <@simonwolf&gt; August, Sun eats up, he's weak but he can still chew, swallow. He smiles, a little, asks in a weak voice, "Did good?" Poor guy, huh. Did you expect this to happen, August? I mean, have you known Carnegie to just beat the shit out of someone like this?
    [21:25] <Jezebel> "Calm down, Fuse," Jez says, and she comes closer -- not nearly close enough enough that he could cough on her or reach her through the door or any shit like that, though. "I'm going to need you to talk to Mimi, Fuse, can you calm down enough to do that for me?"
    [21:25] <@simonwolf&gt; He's telling the truth, Valentine - he'll take you to the Project, and you'll most certainly be welcome.
    01[21:27] <august> No, this is definitely out of character for Carnegie, but at the same time, I did have her taken to third base. Makes sense she'd want some revenge... but it seems it might more likely be a power grab for control of the Thespians by Brain. Bitch.
    [21:27] <Valentine> "When I was last in the Project there didn't seem to be much unity, is that still the the case?"
    [21:27] <august> "Yeah baby, you did the best. I can count on you the most. Eat up. You need to regain your strength so we can go see Jezebel."
    [21:27] <Valentine> *still the
    [21:28] * Valentine looks up wearily "Granted the unity here is a false one.."
    [21:29] <@simonwolf&gt; "Fuck!" He's pissed, Jezebel, he's still shaking the bars. You can see some others in the cell, mostly your age, but there's one little girl, maybe five or six? Fuck, it's just so awful seeing her with those infections. She tries smiling at you, Jez, and you can see the glistening ebony gums, contrasted with her handful of pale yellow teeth.
    [21:30] <@simonwolf&gt; Fauna nods, smiles, says, "The warlords are gone now, we follow the science-prophets and Beta. United. Together." Whenever he says Beta, Valentine, his eyes light up a little, you know?
    [21:30] <Valentine> "What about the people who attack the Project?"
    [21:31] <Valentine> "Do you defend yourselves or?"
    [21:31] <@simonwolf&gt; August, you've just about finished your meal. Sun sort of fades out again, starts sleeping. You can't really do much more with him at this stage, what do you want to do?
    [21:32] * Valentine looks to the side "I'm aware this settlement is guilty of such things.."
    [21:32] <Jezebel> Apparently not. Jez turns to look at Mimi. She speaks quietly, but not so quietly that Fuse can't hear. "Mimi, I might ask you to do something you might not want to do in a minute. But you have to, because that's your job, and it's for the good of Sodom, and the gang, and me, okay?" She nods, and then looks back to the cage.
    [21:32] <Jezebel> "Fuse, shut up. Calm down. I need you to tell me where you picked up the shrooms."
    [21:32] <@simonwolf&gt; He sort of grimaces for a second, Valentine, before saying, "We're growing. Jezebel and her kin still prey on us, but we shall show them the error of their ways. Beta will show us the path."
    [21:33] <august> Like I said - high time to pay a visit to the Caligula. I'm gonna leave my instrument at home, gather my weapons and smokes, and head towards the Bunker. On the way, if I see one of the Gang, ask where the boss is.
    [21:36] <@simonwolf&gt; Fuse shakes his head, steps back a few paces, says, "I didn't take any fucking shrooms, didn't fucking do anything! I got drunk, had sex, woke up and suddenly Barker was fucking on me, threw me in here with these infected fuckers!" He's walking away from the bars, into a corner you can't really see so well, Jez. What do you do?
    [21:37] <@simonwolf&gt; You probably couldn't get any robes from him immediately, Valentine, to be perfectly honest. I mean, he might give you some if you go to the Project, but that's still to be determined, huh?
    [21:38] <@simonwolf&gt; Awesome. August, you're on the street, and Rice spots you, starts heading your way - he's wearing his coat, so you know he's "on duty". What do you do?
    [21:39] <Valentine> "Are there conditions for joining, Fauna?"
    [21:39] <Valentine> "Aside from following common laws"
    [21:40] <Jezebel> Jez isn't getting any closer. "Mimi, get over there. Find out who Fuse fucked, alright?" Simple enough. Fuse know's what's good for him, he won't give Mimi any lip!
    [21:41] <@simonwolf&gt; He nods, smiles, says, "A willingness to build and grow, instead of stealing. A hope for the future. Belief in Beta's guidance. That's all we ask." Fauna smiles at you some more, Valentine, he's beckoning over at this weird little vehicle, it looks like a quad-bike except completely home-made. What do you do?
    [21:41] <august> Rice doesn't look like he's hostile, so I'll play it cool and approach him. "Hey, Rice, you seen the big boss? I need a word with her."
    [21:43] <@simonwolf&gt; Mimi's looking at you, and the door, and back at you, Jezebel. He's like, "You want me to open the door?" He's nervous, and the people inside look up when he says it. You still can't really see Fuse. What do you do?
    [21:44] <@simonwolf&gt; Fauna intends to take you to the Project, Valentine. He's a really honest guy. Rare, these days, like those clothes of his.
    [21:45] <@simonwolf&gt; Rice smiles, puts a hand on his gun. "Jezebel's around, dealing with shit," he says, looking around the place, "I know Barker wants to see you, though. Real bad. Think you can follow me?"
    [21:45] <Jezebel> "Fuckin' a no don't open the door," she says. "Go over there, talk to Fuse THROUGH the door, and if he tries anything stupid, put him down. You wanted the gun, right?"
    [21:45] <august> "Hey, fuck that. Barker's a scumbag. Thanks for the info, babydoll." Exit, stage left.
    [21:46] <august> And if he doesn't let me go, I'm gonna draw a knife and cut him good.
    [21:47] <@simonwolf&gt; Mimi nervously heads over to the door, Jezebel, he's like, "Fuse, come on man, it's Mimi, let's talk," and as soon as he gets to door - right up close to it - bam, arm comes out, grabs his neck, and Fuse has got Mimi in a chokehold. What do you do?
    [21:47] * Valentine sighs with some regret he couldn't finish some things in Sodom but he would just bring more fire to those he cared about even if there alive. "Sorry August.." ....He eyes Fauna and nods "For some reason I think you're an honest man. My blade is yours should you need it." He heads toward the vehicle
    [21:48] <@simonwolf&gt; Rice doesn't exactly stop you, August, but he's still following you - waves over Exit, and now you've got two gangers on your tail. There's some distance, though, it's not like there's at arms reach. What do you do?
    [21:49] <@simonwolf&gt; So you're just heading off with Fauna now, Valentine? On the quad, ride out the holding to Project?
    [21:49] <august> Shit, they better know they're stepping on eggshells. I -am- in good with the Caligula. I'm going to try and lose them in the market.
    [21:49] <Jezebel> "Don't be stupid," Jez says. She's pretty pissed. "Let Mimi go, Fuse. You know I'm not gonna let you die in there. I just need to know where it came from so I can get it out of Sodom. Then I can get a doctor over here to take care of you, alright? Be reasonable, Fuse."
    [21:49] <Valentine> Yeah I'll put my gasmask on
    [21:51] <@simonwolf&gt; Fuse reaches around and grabs that new gun of Mimi's, the six shooter? He points it at Mimi's head, and Mimi's flipped around, staring at you, you can see his scared little piggy eyes through the mask. "Let me the fuck out of here, then we'll talk," he says. What do you do?
    [21:54] <Jezebel> "You shoot Mimi, Fuse, you're dead. It's a death sentence. You take one of my guys down with you, sure, whatever. You'll feel real good for the first minute before I cook you alive in there. Then you'll die yourself, and it'll be the most hurt you've ever felt until you go. Or you calm the fuck down, drop the gun, and talk to me like the man I thought you were when I gave you your coat."
    [21:55] <Jezebel> 2d6+1
    [21:55] <Critical> Jezebel, 2d6+1: 10 [2d6=3,6]
    [21:56] <@simonwolf&gt; August, you lead them through the market, and when you exit, you know who you see? None other than Valentine, straddling some custom-looking quad bike with a guy in some pretty clean robes. Rice and Exit are still behind you, though, you never managed to lose them. What do you do?
    [21:56] <august> "Hey, hey! Babydoll, sweetcake, where you goin' without me?" I call out, upgrading my fast walk to a jog towards Valentine.
    [21:58] <@simonwolf&gt; Fuse looks at you, Jezebel, he's pretty nervous himself. He's like, "You promise you won't kill me? I'll fuckin' tell you everything, long as you don't fucking kill me."
    [21:59] <@simonwolf&gt; Valentine, Fauna looks at you, asks, "Is she coming as well?"
    [22:00] <Valentine> "Can she?"
    [22:00] * Valentine seems surprised
    [22:00] <Jezebel> "I never leave my own behind, Fuse, you know it. Bullets or shrooms, it's all the same, you're one of my enforcers. Drop the gun, and tell me what's up."
    [22:00] <@simonwolf&gt; Fauna looks at her, back to you, "If she is willing and able to build, grow, follow. Yes."
    [22:01] <august> "Shit, baby, I got some of the gangers on my tail... I think if I go with you, they're not gonna be happy..."
    [22:01] <@simonwolf&gt; August, Rice and Exit are catching up to you. They're looking around, and when they see Valentine, they start reaching for their weapons. Not pulling them out, but getting them ready. What do you do?
    [22:02] <august> I maneuver myself behind Valentine and the car of course!
    [22:02] <Valentine> "Can you meet me in 15 minutes, if Im not here you just go Fauna?"
    [22:03] <Valentine> "You shouldn't die over this.."
    [22:03] <@simonwolf&gt; Hey, you know what would be awesome? You guys can totally read a charged situation right now.
    [22:04] <august> 2d6+1
    [22:04] <Critical> august, 2d6+1: 7 [2d6=1,5]
    [22:04] * Valentine attempts to gain a better understanding of what is occurring between August and the two men since he has no fucking idea
    [22:04] <Valentine> 2d6+1
    [22:04] <Critical> Valentine, 2d6+1: 6 [2d6=2,3]
    [22:04] <@simonwolf&gt; Jezebel, Fuse takes a moment, and then he lets Mimi go, drops the gun to the ground - it hits the metal bars with a clang, and then settles in the dust. He steps back, hands up, he's all, "fuckfuckfuckfuck"
    [22:06] <@simonwolf&gt; Valentine, dude. Tell me this - how are you most vulnerable to Rice and Exit right now? Also, what could they do to block your movements? And hey, just for fun, what should they be on the lookout for?
    [22:07] <@simonwolf&gt; August, your best escape route? No doubt about it, on that quad and out with Valentine and Fauna. There's no way Rice and Exit would be able to catch up with you in time before you got out of there.
    [22:07] <august> Alright, then I'm gonna hop on the quad.
    [22:08] <Jezebel> "Who'd you fuck," Jez says, now that Fuse is back in sight. "Who gave you the shrooms, Fuse?" If she REALLY HAS TO, she'll tell Mimi to pick his gun back up, too, naturally.
    [22:10] <@simonwolf&gt; "Some bitch who came onto me in Imam's crib," he says, he's tearing up a little, and you know Imam's a place people go for cheap drinks and cheap fucks, "I was fuckin' blind, she was wearing a robe or something, said her name was Cosmia. She was a good lay, alright, easy fuckin' bitch."
    [22:10] <Valentine> I'd imagine near by neck where I was shot before if you mean physically. Obviously August holds some value. I'd expect them to shoot the priest and not want an innocent to die. Nor would I want August to die. I'd imagine they would want to watch out for me being able to think or get alone and out of sight
    [22:11] <Valentine> Movement would depend on how the vehicle is set up obviously or they could shoot me off
    [22:11] <Jezebel> "What about the others in there with you? Ask them, where'd they get it? You GIVE it to any of them, Fuse?"
    [22:11] <Valentine> or if I was charging toward them
    [22:11] <Valentine> I would imagine...two man wall would work pretty well
    [22:11] <Valentine> as long as I couldn't sneak
    [22:12] <@simonwolf&gt; Fauna revs up the quad, and Rice and Exit are speeding up, they're like, "Stop in your motherfucking tracks," trying to get their guns out quickly. Just say the word, Valentine, and Fauna will start driving off.
    [22:12] <Valentine> "Drive"
    [22:13] <@simonwolf&gt; The little girl speaks up, Jezebel, she's all, "The nice lady gave me a treat," and the others just shake their heads, they don't even fucking know where they got it. Fuse is like, "Never seen these hideous cunts in my life, boss, I swear."
    [22:14] <Jezebel> "The nice lady is the funny robe?"
    [22:15] <@simonwolf&gt; Fauna revs it up, and you pull out of there, quick as a flash. Rice and Exit pop off a few shots, they whizz past you, one dings off the quad to no effect. You see them run back into the markets. Fauna comes to the gates, and Till (you all know Till) opens them up, waves at you, August. You're out of the gates, in the wasteland itself.
    [22:15] <@simonwolf&gt; The little girl nods, Jezebel, says, "She had a pretty voice."
    [22:16] <Jezebel> Jezebel nods. She looks at Fuse, then nods to Mimi. "Shoot him. He stopped bein' part of my gang the moment he pulled your gun." As an addendum, as if Mimi were too stupid to figure it out on his own, she added: "In the head, Mimi."
    [22:19] <@simonwolf&gt; Fuse looks at you for a second, and Mimi picks up his gun, aims it. He says something like, "Sorry Fuse," and Fuse scrambles to get away. Bang. Fuse is missing a chunk of his neck, he's writhing on the ground. The people in the cell are screaming, little girl sobbing, Fuse gargling something like "fuck you"
    [22:19] <@simonwolf&gt; He'll bleed out soon enough. What do you do, Jezebel?
    [22:19] <Valentine> "Everyone alright?" Valentine asks before letting out a breath of relief , he wants to know
    [22:21] <@simonwolf&gt; August, Valentine, time passes by as you ride, the warm engine and wind blowing through. Fauna takes you on a thin trail, points at the darkening sky in the distance, where the Great Fungal Desert blooms. Says, "There's treasure in there, if you search," before looking ahead. The tower of Project is there, in the distance, slowly growing larger.
    [22:21] <Jezebel> "You're a shit shot, Mimi." She's smiling under her gasmask, but it's a grim smile. "Come on," she says. "We've got to find us a whore in a silly robe."
    [22:25] * Valentine seems more and more confused. He has encountered the faces of evil , he believes, in Sodom. Gonzo on his throne. Mascara and his cronies and Jezebel with her fiends. He felt a storm was coming, he calmed his mind..
    [22:25] <Valentine> 2d6+1
    [22:25] <Critical> Valentine, 2d6+1: 5 [2d6=3,1]
    [22:26] <august> As I ride along, I find the free, relatively clean air comforting... but there's something in it. Normally I have so much control, but I'm about to do something I haven't done in years - I let my mind drift into the wind, letting it wander towards Project and what lies ahead.
    [22:26] <august> 2d6-2
    [22:26] <Critical> august, 2d6-2: 6 [2d6=6,2]
    [22:28] <Jezebel> Somewhere on the way back -- walkin' along with Mimi -- Jez recalls a certain issue that had come up not much earlier. And the market was in -- all these fuckin' pressing matters. "Go on Mimi, you heard Fuse. Find that bitch and hold her for me, yeah? And don't you even think about fucking her, Mimi." Jez needs to hit up the market.
    [22:28] <@simonwolf&gt; Valentine, August - you both open your brains at the same time, yeah? Something screams at you, deep within your minds, and reaches down within your brains to steal something from you, memories and secrets. A smile, and a voice commands you to answer
    [22:29] <@simonwolf&gt; Both of you, what is your greatness weakness or vulnerability, as a person?
    [22:29] <august> Selfishness
    [22:29] <@simonwolf&gt; If you had to kill Jezebel, how would you do it?
    [22:29] <august> with a gun
    [22:29] <august> blam, right to the forehead, if it meant saving my own skin
    [22:30] <Valentine> Pride or the Need to Trust in Something Higher
    [22:30] <@simonwolf&gt; What could someone take from you, hold over you, that would make you their servant?
    [22:31] <@simonwolf&gt; Jezebel, you're hitting up the markets? Are you looking for something in particular?
    [22:31] <august> my life
    [22:31] <Valentine> faith or the threat of those who are truly well meaning/innocent
    [22:35] <Jezebel> I am looking for something. I am looking for a huge fucking gun, the biggest thing that a person could possibly carry and kill people with. The heaviest gun you could use without mounting it on something.
    [22:37] <@simonwolf&gt; Valentine, you still haven't answered one of the questions, and that voice sure as fuck isn't letting go just yet.
    [22:39] <Jezebel> 2d6+1
    [22:39] <Critical> Jezebel, 2d6+1: 8 [2d6=2,5]
    [22:41] <@simonwolf&gt; Jezebel, you start talking with people, trying to find something to work with - eventually you find the best arms dealer in the markets, Arbys, and even he doesn't have what you're looking for. "Nothing that heavy, not in these markets," he says, whistling, "But hey, maybe this will suit you?" He holds up an assault rifle, freshly polished.
    [22:45] <Valentine> I'd prefer to kill her face to face with my blade. Clean cut abdomen. Otherwise if I had access to brainers and infiltrators that would seem the wisest route.
    [22:46] <Jezebel> Jezebel just saw people with a bunch of mounted machine guns just bzzt roll up to her walls, and such a thing doesn't even EXIST in her holding? That's bullshit. Well ... Or maybe it's good. She doesn't really want anyone in Sodom carrying that kind of machinery. "Biggest gun you got?" She wants to kill those Tao bastards next time they show up.
    [22:46] <Jezebel> "You're certain? Say I want to kill, like, a lot of people. This is what you'd use?"
    [22:46] <@simonwolf&gt; Beautiful. The voice lets you go, guys, and when you open your eyes again, you're still on the quad, riding through the shanty town that is Project's outskirts. People are looking at you, Fauna says, "I'll take you to an empty house. They will want to meet you."
    [22:47] <august> "Oh yeah? Who's they?"
    [22:48] <Valentine> "A man named Beta leads a group here.."
    [22:48] <@simonwolf&gt; Arbys smiles, Jezebel, starts pointing at the various features of the gun. "Clip can be emptied real quick, Jezebel, blast out a pack of folk in a good few seconds. This thing ain't never break, too. If I was a killing man, this'd be my tool."
    [22:50] <@simonwolf&gt; Fauna answers, "Beta is selective with his audience, friend, but you will see him soon enough. The other preachers, though, the science-prophets, they will want to meet refuges from Sodom's rotten belly."
    [22:50] <@simonwolf&gt; *refugees
    [22:51] <august> "Hey, that's great, but I mean, I didn't come here to convert to your hocus, man - you were just the first train out of Dodge, babydoll."
    [22:52] <august> 2d6+1
    [22:52] <Critical> august, 2d6+1: 10 [2d6=4,5]
    [22:53] <@simonwolf&gt; Fauna laughs, a little - "We don't ask for any conversion, we just wish to grow, be free from the tyranny of war and stealing. Don't you see, life can be so much better when we work and build for ourselves, new things."
    [22:54] <@simonwolf&gt; August, you can tell Fauna is intending to take you to where he said he was going to take you. He's pulling up there now, actually - a relatively clean shack, made from metal and dirt and mudbrick. Safe enough, you suppose.
    [22:55] <august> "Hey, thanks man - I do appreciate the ride out of the shitter. What's your name?"
    [22:56] <@simonwolf&gt; "Fauna, friend." He stops the quad, turns off the engine. He points to the door, says, "You can make yourselves at home. Someone will be with you shortly."
    [22:57] <@simonwolf&gt; He's telling the truth, more or less, August - like, just from the way he talks about Beta and the science-prophets, you can almost tell there must be some kind of cult here, but he's being honest when he says that people here just want to live honest lives, build and grow anew.
    [22:58] <august> "Sure, that sounds real nice - do you have any clean water I can use to wash up with?"
    [22:58] <Jezebel> "Awesome, Arbys, sounds great," Jez said, digging into her coat for some watercounters. She held up three -- Verizon, Master Card, American -- each punched through with the mark of Sodom. "You know the deal -- take 'em to the stockpile to cash out, right?"
    [23:00] <@simonwolf&gt; Fauna nods at you, August, and he looks at some of the people who've started to gather around, calls out, "Bring some water from the distillery for our new friends," then watches as someone heads off, with a bucket. Smiles at you both.
    [23:00] <@simonwolf&gt; He wants you to stay, August.
    [23:01] <august> Alright, well, I'm going to flash my easiest smile. "And some kind of instrument if you have one lingering around. I'd like to play a song for our new friends, sort of make ourselves welcome, if that's okay?"
    [23:02] <@simonwolf&gt; Arbys takes the cards, Jezebel, throws them in a little toolbox he's got on the counter, it has a sticker on it that says 'ARIZONA - TOO MUCH SAND'. Hands over the assault rifle and a handful of clips in a little plastic bag. "Giving you a real deal here, Jez," he says with a laugh, "You tell all your boys to get their guns from me, yeah? Keep 'em away from that fucker Mascara."
    [23:03] * Valentine looks over at Fauna and the other members of his groups and merely says "Thanks.." , it is genuine though
    [23:04] <Jezebel> "You got it, Arbys," Jez says, and probably means it. She likes merchants who treat her well, after all!
    [23:04] <@simonwolf&gt; Fauna turns on the engine of the quad again, looks into the distance, at the looming tower - says, "Someone will help make you an instrument, if you just ask. They'll be with you soon." Revs the engine, and he pulls out, gone.
    [23:06] <@simonwolf&gt; Hey, Jezebel, out in the distance, across the Salt Flat, you know what I see? Smoke. Black, billowing smoke. Hey, isn't that about where Refinery is? Wonder what happened there.
    [23:06] <@simonwolf&gt; END OF SESSION

Super Namicchi on
  • Options
    INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    My Other Car Is A Tank

Mobile Intensive Care Unit
    The MICU

power+2, looks+1, 3-armor, weakness+2
    ambulance chassis
    capacious, huge, mounted machine guns (3-harm close/far area messy)
    powerful
    loud, guzzler

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    August the Skinner

Woman, fetish wear (dirty lace skirt, corset, thigh high heels), sweet face, laughing eyes, expressive hands, slim body

Cool+1 Hard+2 Hot+3 Sharp+1 Weird-2

OUTLOOK

"You'd be surprised what people are willing to pay for a little ray of sunshine and the touch of silky skin."

MOVES

Breathtaking: you get +1hot (hot+3).

Artful & gracious: when you perform your chosen art — any act of expression or culture — or when you put its product before an audience, roll+hot. On a 10+, spend 3. On a 7–9, spend 1. Spend 1 to name an NPC member of your audience and choose one:
    • this person must meet me
    • this person must have my services
    • this person loves me
    • this person must give me a gift
    • this person admires my patron
    On a miss, you gain no benefit, but suffer no harm or lost opportunity. You simply perform very well.

GEAR
    Hidden knives
    spectacular tattoos (a back tattoo of a phoenix with red, orange, blue, and purple feathers)
    long gorgeous coat
    gun - 2harm close loud reload
    necklace of beads and coins (worn, valuable)

HX

Valentine, with August +3
    Valentine, with Jezebel +3
    Jezebel, with August +3
    Jezebel, with Valentine +2
    August, with Jezebel +1
    August, with Valentine +3

EXP

ONE IMPROVEMENT - +1hard
    +1 tick
    +1 tick

Super Namicchi on
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Egos wrote: »
    Valentine, the BattleBabe

man, showy armor, striking face, arresting eyes, and angular body

Cool +3 , Hard -2, Hot+1, Sharp +1, Weird +1

OUTLOOK

“You have to believe you are part of a plan to keep yourself going in this wasteland.”

MOVES

Ice Cold: when you go aggro on an NPC, roll+cool instead of roll+hard. When you go aggro on another player’s character, roll+Hx instead of roll+hard.

Visions of Death: when you go into battle, roll+weird. On a 10+, name one person who’ll die and one who’ll live. On a 7–9, name one person who’ll die OR one person who’ll live. Don’t name a player’s character; name NPCs only. The MC will make your vision come true, if it’s even remotely possible. On a miss, you foresee your own death, and accordingly take -1 throughout the battle.

GEAR
    • Modified Mk-7 with Silencer( Base:Handgun, Options: Silenced, Hi-Powered) ( 3 -harm close reload) : Pressure modification allowed for greater power but less cartridge capacity. Only one round per cartridge, bolt on back is required to be pulled back upon each reload.
    • "Gustav" ( Base: Heft, Options: Heavy Blade) ( +3 harm hand) : Heavy Medium-Sized Blade
    • Shotgun (3 harm close reload messy)
    • armor worth 2-armor

An assortment of black kevlar ,leather, metal and collected assortments. A crimson torn banner is strapped to his left shoulder, a kevlar vest adorns his torso with leather straps protecting his neck. Oxidized metal shoulder pads protect each of each of shoulders, they are strapped on tightly with bucklers; his knees and elbows receive similar protection but with less rigid (likely kevlar) material. Each of his arms are adorned from the bicep down in leather straps in a way that almost resemble a arm-tefillin, but the straps are not uniform and placement chaotic. Not to mention he is wearing gloves. His belt contains a number of empty bullet shells ranging in size , seemingly trophies, as well as a holster for his blade. He wears raw umber cargo pants with ankle high combat boots.

Appearance
    Valentine is an attractive man with rustled brown hair and matching brown eyes . He stands around 6'2 and he has a somewhat worn demeanor but there is a devilish spark in his eyes that gives him some life.

HX

Done Later

Character hasn't improved yet sadly. Believe he only has 3 ticks.
    • Attempting to Attack Shotgun Woman as She Fired at Me (Hard)
    • Shooting at Mascara's Gangbanger Kid in H's Hideout (Hard)
    • Weird Vision while approaching the Project (Weird)
    D:

Egos on
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Hey everyone, I decided to make things a little more centralised! I've made a Google Doc with everyone's sheet in it, so now we can just refer to that document instead of having sheets floating around in the thread. If you have a Google account, I'll add you to the editing list so you can maintain your own sheet. It also has the Hx stuff at the very bottom, a good place for Hx to be noted.

You can access it over here!

Otherwise, get ready for some Custom Moves, I feel like you're going to need all the luck you can muster.

simonwolf on
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Specialist Mane, Arik Alan. the Quarantine

Man, Ancient Fatigues, Young Face, Shadowed Eyes, Athletic Body

Cool+3, Hard+1, Hot=0, Sharp+1, Weird-1

OUTLOOK

“Seems I owe the dead something or else I wouldn't be here right now.”

MOVES

Leave no one behind: in battle, when you help someone who’s rolling, don’t roll+Hx. You help them as though you’d hit the roll with a 10+.

Eager to know: when you go to someone for advice, they must tell you honestly what they think the best course is. If you pursue that course, take +1 to any rolls you make in the pursuit. If you pursue that course but don’t accomplish your ends, you mark experience.

Combat veteran: you get +1cool (cool+3).

Stasis
    • I emerged from stasis a few weeks ago
    • Remaining in stasis are the rest of your unit, plus your superiors
    • Stasis has remained untouched by outsiders because it has deadly defenses
    • I am leaning toward being unaware of what happened to the other Specialist

Stasis Facility
    Archives

GEAR
    • M4A1 Carbine (3-harm close loud autofire)
    • Beretta M9 Pistol (2-harm close loud)
    • military body armor (2-armor valuable hi-tech)
    • your fatigues and scrounge, but no jingle

Appearance

HX

Done Later
    --Fine-Tuning (need to decide on a few)--

Egos on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    "Doctor" Sybil the Brainer

Woman, clinical wear, sweet face, pale eyes, slight body

Cool+1 Hard-2 Hot-1 Sharp+2 Weird+2

OUTLOOK

"I promise I'm a doctor... maybe not the kind you were expecting?"

MOVES

Deep brain scan: when you have time and physical intimacy with someone — mutual intimacy like holding them in your arms, or 1-sided intimacy like they're restrained to a table — you can read them more deeply than normal. Roll+weird. On a 10+, hold 3. On a 7–9, hold 1. While you're reading them, spend your hold to ask their player questions, 1 for 1:
    • what was your character’s lowest moment?
    • for what does your character crave forgiveness, and of whom?
    • what are your character’s secret pains?
    • in what ways are your character’s mind and soul vulnerable?

On a miss, you inflict 1-harm (ap) upon your subject, to no benefit.

In-brain puppet strings: when you have time and physical intimacy with someone — again, mutual or 1-sided — you can plant a command inside their mind. Roll+weird. On a 10+, hold 3. On a 7–9, hold 1. At your will, no matter the circumstances, you can spend your hold 1 for 1:
    • inflict 1-harm (ap)
    • they take -1 right now

If they fulfill your command, that counts for all your remaining hold. On a miss, you inflict 1-harm (ap) upon your subject, to no benefit.

GEAR
    silenced 9mm (2-harm close hi-tech)
    violation glove (hand hi-tech)
    receptivity drugs (tag hi-tech)
    oddments worth 5-b
    lab coat

HX

Never +3
    Arik +3

Super Namicchi on
  • Options
    INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Never, Hocus
    woman, fetish vestments, innocent face, burning eyes, fit body
    Cool+1 Hard=0 Hot+1 Sharp-1 Weird+2

Outlook
    "Reality is a dream, and I need to wake up."

Moves
    Fortunes: fortune, surplus and want all depend on your followers.
    At the beginning of the session, roll+fortune. On a 10+, your followers have surplus.
    On a 7–9, they have surplus, but choose 1 want.
    On a miss, they are in want.
    If their surplus lists barter, like 1-barter or 2-barter, that’s your personal share.

Frenzy: When you speak the truth to a mob, roll+weird.
    On a 10+, hold 3. On a 7–9, hold 1. Spend your hold 1 for 1 to make the mob:
    • bring people forward and deliver them.
    • bring forward all their precious things.
    • unite and fight for you as a gang (2-harm 0-armor size appropriate).
    • fall into an orgy of uninhibited emotion: fucking, lamenting, fighting, sharing, celebrating, as you choose.
    • go quietly back to their lives.
    On a miss, the mob turns on you.

Divine protection: your gods give you 1-armor. If you wear armor, use that instead, they don’t add.

Followers:
    Your followers are eager, enthusiastic, and successful recruiters. Surplus: +growth.
    Your followers, taken as a body, constitute a powerful psychic antenna. Surplus: +augury.
    Your followers aren’t really yours, more like you’re theirs. Want: judgment instead of want: desertion.
    Your followers are drug-fixated. Surplus: +stupor.

(fortune+1 surplus: 1-barter, +growth, +stupor want: judgment)

Style:
    http://th09.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2010/276/f/8/gas_mask_fetish_2_by_rei_u-d3009sb.jpg

HX
    Sybil +3
    Arik +3

INeedNoSalt on