As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A collaborative [chat]

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I will be frozen at death and sent into space. And then in a million years an alien civilization will find me and it will be awesome.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    That seems to be a conservative meme: that since the phrase "separation of church and state" doesn't appear verbatim in the First Amendment that it's a bogus concept. I've had to explain it to my dad two different times in as many years and I'm sure if I brought it up in a conversation today he'd say "show me where it says that in the constitution."

Bama on
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    That's impossible.

If you lived to 90 then 100 years later you'll have been dead longer than you were alive. A million years later and your life will compare insignificantly to your death.

I think we're talking about different things.
    Death as in 'time you spent transitioning from living to not-living' VS death as in 'time not alive'

TL DR on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I will be frozen at death and sent into space. And then in a million years an alien civilization will find me and it will be awesome.

Unless they just rape you forever.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    langfor6langfor6 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Let me tell you about the conjunctive normal form.

On second thought, scratch that.

langfor6 on
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010

it wont hurt him so whats wrong with it, really

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    die forever or live trying

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Bama wrote: »
    That seems to be a conservative meme: that since the phrase "separation of church and state" doesn't appear verbatim in the First Amendment that it's a bogus concept. I've had to explain it to my dad two different times in as many years and I'm sure if I brought it up in a conversation today he'd say "show me where it says that in the constitution."

I have heard it before as well

I was mostly amused that she extrapolated his misinterpretation of the theory of evolution from his view on the constitution.

that is some grade-a derivation there

Arch on
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010

The first amendment

BAM

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    This is the worst assignment. I have to research from texts only and there are none relating to what I need in my college's library, only in the university proper. I went there yesterday and damn near got lost. And their computers deny access to anyone from the neighbouring school even though there's supposed to be some sort of agreement.

So basically I have to physically be at the library to do my work but I don't have a computer to do it on so I have to take notes and then I only have 45 minutes until next class to do this, then work, so I don't have a chance to finish this one last bit before I need to turn it in tomorrow.

Such poo.

Rear Admiral Choco on
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Elldren wrote: »

The first amendment

BAM

Just hit it with a blast from the ol' spice weasel

TL DR on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    ima listen to chatmonchy

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited October 2010

At worst they will merely imprison me in a museum to be glared at by patrons.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

The first amendment

BAM

The argument goes like this dude

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion" only means that we won't make christianity the official religion, but we have no imperative to keep religion out of the government

Arch on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    That's impossible.

If you lived to 90 then 100 years later you'll have been dead longer than you were alive. A million years later and your life will compare insignificantly to your death.

Death as in 'time you spent transitioning from living to not-living' VS death as in 'time not alive'

Yeah. Your "death" is but an instant in most cases.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010

The first amendment

BAM
    "I don't see anything in here about 'separation of church and state.'"

Bama on
  • Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    People say there's nothing that's really unifying the tea party

I disagree

they all have terrible reading comprehension

kaleedity on
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Yes! I've conquered table normalization!

Good start to the work week.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    separation of church and state doesn't sound like the sort of thing the founding fathers would say

are we sure that part's genuine

maybe some godless heathen stuck it in

Elendil on
  • Options
    Psycho Internet HawkPsycho Internet Hawk Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

At worst they will merely imprison me in a museum to be raped forever by patrons.

Psycho Internet Hawk on
    ezek1t.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    kaleedity wrote: »

I disagree

hahahahahaha

Arch on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    That's impossible.

That's silly. Who mourns the instant you die? People mourn you not being there anymore.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Huh
    Wiki wrote:
    Collective nouns for a group of weasels include boogle, gang, pack, sneak and confusion

TL DR on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    kaleedity wrote: »

I disagree

Funny... if we put more money in the education system, we might have less people opposed to putting money in the education system.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Arch wrote: »

The first amendment

BAM

The argument goes like this dude

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion" only means that we won't make christianity the official religion, but we have no imperative to keep religion out of the government
    and the counter-argument is a couple of centuries of common law

Bama on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    A confusion of weasels. Yes that is what I want.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Huh
    Wiki wrote:
    Collective nouns for a group of weasels include boogle, gang, pack, sneak and confusion

An array of hedgehogs!

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    A confusion of weasels. Yes that is what I want.
    for a band name

Bama on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Huh
    Wiki wrote:

An array of hedgehogs!
    a plate of oysters

wait...

Bama on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    God, if I play WoW again, I won't be able to resist talking about it with my boss. That seems like it would be sort of weird.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    The best collective noun is most like "A flange of Gorillas". Largely as it used in a comedy sketch and then got put in a paper, which makes it the actual collective noun.

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I am p hungry you guys

Gotta finish re-deploying this domain's antivirus before I eat, though :|

TL DR on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Dr. Arch's Boss

If you recall at my annual review, we discussed the possibility that I would move on to graduate school. Well, that time is soon upon us. I am applying for graduate school acceptance (PhD track in evolutionary biology) at four different universities, and also applying for an NSF fellowship grant to help secure funding for my research (so that I may attend any institute that accepts my application, regardless of current funding for graduate students at that university.) I am writing this to both inform you of my plans, and also to ask you if you would be willing to write a letter of recommendation for me for each of the institutions I plan to send my applications to, as well as for the NSF fellowship.

Additionally, any pointers you have for applying for this fellowship would be greately appreciated!

-Arch

how does this sound guys?

Arch on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I didn't know you were a doctor, arch

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    ugh

stupid fire alarm test

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Elendil wrote: »

oh

i'm not

yet

Arch on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    That time is soon upon us.

That is really corny, Arch.

"If you recall" is silly too. Just say that at your annual review you discussed so and so and now you have decided to apply. The rest is fine.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Elendil wrote: »

very funny

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    God, if I play WoW again, I won't be able to resist talking about it with my boss. That seems like it would be sort of weird.

Has a server/faction been decided?

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    Dr. Arch's Boss

If you recall at my annual review, we discussed the possibility that I would move on to graduate school. Well, that time is soon upon us. I am applying for graduate school acceptance (PhD track in evolutionary biology) at four different universities, and also applying for an NSF fellowship grant to help secure funding for my research (so that I may attend any institute that accepts my application, regardless of current funding for graduate students at that university.) I am writing this to both inform you of my plans, and also to ask you if you would be willing to write a letter of recommendation for me for each of the institutions I plan to send my applications to, as well as for the NSF fellowship.

Additionally, any pointers you have for applying for this fellowship would be greately appreciated!

-Arch

how does this sound guys?
    Yep, sounds good to me.

Mojo_Jojo on
This discussion has been closed.