As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

A collaborative [chat]

• RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Winky wrote: »
    Honestly there aren't any Horde races that have any appeal for me besides blood elves and goblins. But then both of those races are pretty great, so whatever.

I'm interested in trying out the new zones and plot lines for some of the other races, the undead in particular. Apparently the new Silverpine Forest is a really awesome zone, and it has a lot to do with fighting the Alliance Worgen throughout it. You work with Sylvanas to go toe-to-toe with Greymane.

But, yeah, the goblins definitely sound the coolest.

Tauren were always my favorite race. I've always loved minotaurs as a concept, so that was mainly it. Plus they were the only race that could be a Druid Horde side.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Also HOLY SHIT all of Mordes abilities are based on metal songs, except Siphon of Destruction, which I don't think is a play on a metal song.

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
    edited October 2010
    Also HOLY SHIT all of Mordes abilities are based on metal songs, except Siphon of Destruction, which I don't think is a play on a metal song.

Symphony of Destruction

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Well there's Symphony of Destruction

edit: Ryadic will always be the Metallica to my Megadeth :(

Bama on
    edited October 2010
    You got beat'd so hard, Bama. Just walk away in shame.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
    edited October 2010
    Wow. I have that song on CD and I never noticed.

edited October 2010
    Ryadic wrote: »
    You got beat'd so hard, Bama. Just walk away in shame.
    I want you to remember this the next time you're juuuuuust a little bit too far into your lane even though you know I'm out there

in the jungle

waiting

Bama on
  • So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Bama wrote: »
    Man, there's pretty much no way I could re-sub around Cataclysm's launch and accomplish the short term goals I've set for myself so I'd just like to say you're all dicks for talking about playing.

p.s. SIG went after the enemy team with gust-o
    Skippy put a positive spin on the whole experience
    Puppies fired us all up
    and thanks to Will we made it through on a wing and a prayer

BOOOOO

<3

So It Goes on
    edited October 2010

I've never played Morde, so tell me what his other abilities are.

I wanna see if I can figure out the metal songs.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Huh, I forgot how much I like the Eagles.

Doobie Brothers was a good choice for a Pandora station.

Passerbye on
    edited October 2010
    Passerbye wrote: »
    Huh, I forgot how much I like the Eagles.

Doobie Brothers was a good choice for a Pandora station.

I had Symphony of Destruction in my head, but now I got Witchy Woman in my head.

My head is a really messed up radio station.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    So puppies was Annie?

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited October 2010
    lots of fun at the lols tonight

it is definitely one of those kinds of games, though, where very experienced players grow to be largely impatient assholes and lots of people thrive on the opportunity to call someone else a "noob"

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited October 2010
    Ryadic wrote: »

I've never played Morde, so tell me what his other abilities are.

I wanna see if I can figure out the metal songs.

Well his innate is Iron Man. His Q ability is Mace of Spades, W is Creeping Death, E is Siphon of Destruction and his Ult is Children of the Grave.

• Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited October 2010
    i had a rough night and i hate the fuckin eagles man

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited October 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »

it is definitely one of those kinds of games, though, where very experienced players grow to be largely impatient assholes and lots of people thrive on the opportunity to call someone else a "noob"

I try to give helpful advice in a nice way. It largely goes ignored.

• PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Oh, SiG, apparently Nicky Epstein came out with a book about crochet flowers too. Her Crochet on the Edge book was really good, her flower one will probably be worth checking out in addition to the other one I mentioned.

Passerbye on
    edited October 2010

GET THE FUCK OUT

edited October 2010
    Man, there's pretty much no way I could re-sub around Cataclysm's launch and accomplish the short term goals I've set for myself so I'd just like to say you're all dicks for talking about playing.

p.s. SIG went after the enemy team with gust-o
    Skippy put a positive spin on the whole experience
    Puppies fired us all up
    and thanks to Will we made it through on a wing and a prayer

o god bama

someone is gonna make a camp for people like you

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited October 2010

*tut tut tut*

Next you're going to tell me you don't like Lynyrd Skynyrd.

Passerbye on
  • wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

Every response to accusations of noobishness or noobery should consist entirely of "QQ"

because I hate when people type "QQ" as if it means something so god dammit I'm going to make someone else deal with it.

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
  • Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

So far that's my only issue with it. Which means it's a good game.

Gotta say that skirt that F2P/microtransaction line perfectly too.

Silas Brown on
    edited October 2010

GET THE FUCK OUT

Sotar I <3 you and I want to feed you cookies.

Passerbye on
    edited October 2010
    like one L30 joined us tonight and he was agreeable enough when he was on a winning team, but then when his team lost he was a real dick about it and omg these guys are terrible

i mean

most of us have been playing for a week or so. our levels are right there.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    wazilla wrote: »

Every response to accusations of noobishness or noobery should consist entirely of "QQ"

because I hate when people type "QQ" as if it means something so god dammit I'm going to make someone else deal with it.

QQ

Sarksus on
  • TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    LoL is serious business

Taranis on
    EH28YFo.jpg
  • ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    like one L30 joined us tonight and he was agreeable enough when he was on a winning team, but then when his team lost he was a real dick about it and omg these guys are terrible

i mean

I hope I am not that mean when I play.

Zandracon on
  • Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

i mean

That's exactly what my teammate was like. "Blah blah blah my team keeps on feeding. Stop feeding!"

Like, thanks, asshole, I needed a reminder to not die and give the enemy experience. That was totally my intention!

Silas Brown on
    edited October 2010
    That' wasn't skippy's friend, was it? He seemed like a good enough guy, but I didn't get to catch his reaction to that silly mid-lane Cho'Gath om-noming his face off.

Bama on
  • JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    disabling p2p has made downloading this large patch actually possible on the laptop

James on
    edited October 2010
    wazilla wrote: »

some guy called me a noob today for basically no reason immediately before dying to a tower in the middle of nowhere

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    lol is a team game, getting mad at new players is stupid

if you don't like it, don't play with new people.

seems like it would be obvious but I guess people are both jerks and stupid.

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
    edited October 2010

i mean

Was it someone from G&T? What was his name?

• SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    James wrote: »
    disabling p2p has made downloading this large patch actually possible on the laptop

Technology designed to off-load requests off of servers and increase download speed serves to decrease download speed and increase request loads when p2p is inevitably turned off because nobody can code a client to save their lives.

Sarksus on
    edited October 2010
    Zandracon wrote: »

i mean

I hope I am not that mean when I play.

nope you were fine

but you don't have to read more than like one page of the G&T thread to see the lol feeders and hurr eve and ololz heal stuff

what i am saying is that nerds are basically the worst people and there is apparently a very good reason that society keeps them whipped and meek

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited October 2010
    Only thing I tell people is to not take Revive.

edited October 2010
    That' wasn't skippy's friend, was it? He seemed like a good enough guy, but I didn't get to catch his reaction to that silly mid-lane Cho'Gath om-noming his face off.

i'm not sure where he came from and i don't remember his name. i wasn't on his team when he was being an ass. i was with him when he was winning and i didn't hear anything negative out of him

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    James wrote: »

Technology designed to off-load requests off of servers and increase download speed serves to decrease download speed and increase request loads when p2p is inevitably turned off because nobody can code a client to save their lives.

all i know is I went from 12KB/s to like 1.3MB/s

i am not downloading 5 gigs at 12KB/s.

James on
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited October 2010
    Zampanov wrote: »
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    I watched the first episode of Twin Peaks today. It seems like a more tempered weirdness than some of Lynch's weirder things. I'm for it. I'm glad CBS seems to be hosting most, if not all, of the whole series.

Wait, have you seen the pilot? You really ought to see the pilot.

Is it up somewhere? I assumed that the first episode was the pilot. It did seem to start me in the middle of what's going on, but that's not strange for Lynch so I wasn't going to assume I missed anything.

No, there is a whole two-hour movie that sets up everything and is kind of crucial! The problem is it was a co-production between ABC and Columbia Pictures so the rights are all fucked up and it's kind of hard to find - I had to order my copy from a dodgy Asian bootlegger years ago. The only time it's been available here in the US is when the second TP DVD set (the gold box) was released back in like 2007.

I recommend doing whatever you have to to get a hold of it. The series is good about recaps and so forth but the pilot is also just excellent in the sense that it's another two-hour David Lynch movie and is done with pretty filmic production values.

Now that sounds like you're talking about the prequel, which I did know about. I think it's called Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me. I kinda didn't want to watch that, I don't really want/need the setup I don't think. I'll probably go back and watch it afterward so I can check it out the way it was released, after the series.

No, Fire Walk With Me is a prequel, yes, but there is also a 2-hour pilot movie.

wiki
    amazon
    wiki wrote:
    Home video release
    Due to rights issues, the American pilot (94 minutes) was not released for the United States home video market until 2007. The European pilot (116 min) was released on VHS and laser disc years earlier. Both versions of the pilot are included in the Twin Peaks: Definitive Gold Box Edition DVD set, released in the US on 30 October 2007.[21] An alternate version of the pilot was aired in Europe as a stand-alone television movie. This version is identical to the United States-aired version up until the last several scenes, when the killer of Laura Palmer is revealed. Lynch was so pleased with the footage shot for the European ending that he later incorporated some of it into Cooper's dream sequences that aired in subsequent episodes.[22][23]

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
    edited October 2010

i'm not sure where he came from and i don't remember his name. i wasn't on his team when he was being an ass. i was with him when he was winning and i didn't hear anything negative out of him

Yeah uh if his name was VWinds he is kind of an ass.

This discussion has been closed.