As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

A collaborative [chat]

• ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Taranis wrote: »
    Thanatos, more like Waaaahnatos
    Fucking LoL; worst game ever.

If I wanted to play something with that much down time, I'd switch to an MMO.

Thanatos on
  • PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    Passerbye wrote: »
    I've never seen Twin Peaks. Keep hearing it mentioned, though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_B5pE1DEHyk

Good God that's scary.

It's the breathing that really does it.

EEESH.

Passerbye on
  • TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Bama wrote: »
    Sona is hella OP. She doesn't need a lot of AP/regen items to stay effective so she can easily slot some tank items. Combine that with the fact that she has great mobility and that she has no need to get into attack range to do her job and you end up with some frustrating team fights.

lots of magey types will stack tanky items though

what is it about sona that makes it so that you have to focus on her in a team fight? other than her ult which, while great, is hardly exceptional.

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Thanatos wrote: »

I don't get it either man.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

There's not that much down time if you don't die.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Tarranon wrote: »
    Sona is hella OP. She doesn't need a lot of AP/regen items to stay effective so she can easily slot some tank items. Combine that with the fact that she has great mobility and that she has no need to get into attack range to do her job and you end up with some frustrating team fights.

what is it about sona that makes it so that you have to focus on her in a team fight? other than her ult which, while great, is hardly exceptional.

She heals everyone else, she buffs everyones damage, she shields everyone else...

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited October 2010

PIH and skip both play good sonas

i have considered picking up a support-based character but i think i'd get frustrated after the early laning phase

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    You damn nerds. Stop talking about League of Legends and get laid.

Sarksus on
    edited October 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »

Lols.

• KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    James wrote: »
    so the lady had an excellent idea for a business today but unfortunately we lack the capital to carry it out

now accepting donations

You need to start promoting the idea that a good post needs a tip. You could even sig a tip jar

Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
  • PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Podly wrote: »
    how is everyone tonight?

'Sokay. Enjoyed the last of the Bleu d'Auvergne. Sad that it's gone.

How's the Pods tonight?

What if we talk about Minecraft and get laid instead? :P

Passerbye on
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    LoL has down time?

Inquisitor on
    edited October 2010
    Ryadic wrote: »

In order to get to the point of not dying, you have to play a shitload.

In order to practice when you're first starting, you have to spend 35 minutes of a 45-minute game dead, or walking to somewhere where you can actually play the game.

Thanatos on
    edited October 2010

I got laid Monday I think. If not, it was definitely Sunday.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
    edited October 2010
    No, to get to the point of not dying you just have to either do some trial in error, or have someone who knows the game give you some pointers, or read a basic guide.

Inquisitor on
    edited October 2010
    I always play a practice game when I am going to use a new hero in order to get a feel for the abilities.

edited October 2010
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    LoL has down time?
    Assuming you ignore the ridiculous amount of time it takes to get a game together, and how difficult the interface makes it to do so?

Yes, it has a huge amount; every time you die, not only do you have to wait to respawn, but you have to wait for your dude to walk to where you can actually play the game, both of which take for-fucking-ever.

Thanatos on
    edited October 2010

Teemo doesn't count.

And that's gross.

Sarksus on
  • Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I think what I like most about LoL so far is the pace. The way the minions dictate the flow of the game really works.

Silas Brown on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited October 2010

In order to practice when you're first starting, you have to spend 35 minutes of a 45-minute game dead, or walking to somewhere where you can actually play the game.

that hasn't really been my experience, and i'm pretty scrubby and die a good amount

like, even if i'm really scrubbing it up and die 10 times, that's me sitting out about 5-7 minutes total out of an hour game

it's about the same for MNC

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited October 2010

Seriously?
    Maybe you're just using champions that don't work well with your natural play style...?

Incenjucar on
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited October 2010
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    I've never seen Twin Peaks. Keep hearing it mentioned, though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_B5pE1DEHyk

Good God that's scary.

It's the breathing that really does it.

EEESH.

now check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrb51EGXGqs

such a wonderful show. Horrible scares and wonderful sweet characters all in the same story.

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
    edited October 2010
    LoL has down time?
    Assuming you ignore the ridiculous amount of time it takes to get a game together, and how difficult the interface makes it to do so?

Yes, it has a huge amount; every time you die, not only do you have to wait to respawn, but you have to wait for your dude to walk to where you can actually play the game, both of which take for-fucking-ever.

But that is gonna happen for almost any online game.

edited October 2010

Play a ranged character. Shoot from afar. Run when they get close.

Hell, you're going to die. The trick is to not die a lot. Yeah, it takes practice, but that's the fun in it. Just gotta be patient.

The respawn timer is there for a reason. Surprisingly enough, it's not to piss you off.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Tarranon wrote: »

She heals everyone else, she buffs everyones damage, she shields everyone else...

and by stacking tanky items that's the role she's consigning herself too. and if she's tanky she must be later game, meaning that unless your team is getting rolled, her damage should be negligible, especially if she's hanging back like you say to just extend her aura

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
    edited October 2010
    TF2 has way funner walking around.

Sarksus on
    edited October 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »

that hasn't really been my experience, and i'm pretty scrubby and die a good amount

like, even if i'm really scrubbing it up and die 10 times, that's me sitting out about 5-7 minutes total out of an hour game

Are you counting the time you spend walking to where you're going? Because that stacks about an extra twenty seconds or more on to each death. Not to mention the time you spend actually trying to get into a fucking game.

Thanatos on
    edited October 2010
    LoL has down time?

in-houses take a while to get together because you need exactly 10 people, and some people are picky and so forth

5-man team games are easy to get together

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited October 2010

Teemo doesn't count.

And that's gross.

It wasn't Teemo!
    It was Annie.

She brought Tibbers.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
    edited October 2010
    LoL has down time?

But that is gonna happen for almost any online game.
    No, it's not.

Thanatos on
    edited October 2010
    LoL has down time?

I didn't realize that, play, create normal game, invite friends, queue was a lot to ask of someone.

Being dead and having to walk back is kind of key to the game's design though. If you die you have to be gone so the enemy team can push. But really, you spend hardly any time dead compared to a game like counter strike.

Inquisitor on
    edited October 2010
    LoL has down time?

in-houses take a while to get together because you need exactly 10 people, and some people are picky and so forth

5-man team games are easy to get together
    I have yet to see it take less than ten minutes.

Thanatos on
    edited October 2010

Are you counting the time you spend walking to where you're going? Because that stacks about an extra twenty seconds or more on to each death. Not to mention the time you spend actually trying to get into a fucking game.

you do a lot of hiking in MNC as well

i mean they are similar games in most ways. the interface is different, the learning curve is steeper, and the amount of character options is vastly different, but aside from those things the games have basic structural similarities

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited October 2010

The best sex happens when you're not sure what time it is, in my experience. :^:

Passerbye on
  • JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Kalkino wrote: »
    James wrote: »
    so the lady had an excellent idea for a business today but unfortunately we lack the capital to carry it out

now accepting donations

You need to start promoting the idea that a good post needs a tip. You could even sig a tip jar

Heh. Well I bet we could save the money in a few years if it weren't for the whole getting married thing, plus paying off her student loans, plus putting me through the rest of my education.

I think we can wait :P

James on
    edited October 2010

If waiting in the queue lasts over a minute it is an unusually long queue for me.

Also, you should cancel the queue way before 10 minutes, generally that gets you lopsided matches.

I'd say my average queue time is roughly 25-30 seconds.

Inquisitor on
  • JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Jokerman on
    edited October 2010
    I would play TF2 if you know, I could see servers but I can't so uh never playing TF2 again.

• IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited October 2010

If waiting in the queue lasts over a minute it is an unusually long queue for me.

Also, you should cancel the queue way before 10 minutes, generally that gets you lopsided matches.

I'd say my average queue time is roughly 25-30 seconds.

I think he means finding a group if you're in a pre-made.

Incenjucar on
This discussion has been closed.