As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MLB] - Tigers and Angels and Pirates, Oh My!

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Red Sox bullpen... has issues.

If the Red Sox bullpen was a dog, it would constantly be digging under the fence in the backyard and running out into traffic.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    Mr. HibbertMr. Hibbert Registered User regular
    Willing to bet that bullpen is going to be used extensively after every Doubront and Bard start. Saying there are issues may be overly optimistic.

• Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    Breaking news: Miguel Cabrera and Prince Fielder are really good at hitting

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Willing to bet that bullpen is going to be used extensively after every Doubront and Bard start. Saying there are issues may be overly optimistic.

Fully expecting Bard to be moved back to bullpen if he doesn't throw 7 shutout, confusing his role and screwing up his entire offseason of preparing to be a starter

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    y2jake215 wrote: »

Fully expecting Bard to be moved back to bullpen if he doesn't throw 7 shutout, confusing his role and screwing up his entire offseason of preparing to be a starter

Seems like if he and Aceves switched roles the ship may be a bit less rocky on both ends

• Options

Seems like if he and Aceves switched roles the ship may be a bit less rocky on both ends

I agree. Aceves is used to more innings than Bard, and Bard is an excellent setup man/closer. But switching things up now would only serve to create a bigger mess. Blah.

• Options
    Has anyone else watching the Jays game espied Eric Thames' magnificent beard? It demands your respect.

Also, Zito just threw his first CG SHO in 9 years.

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Alfredo Ablownceves finally gets a couple people out

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    Alfredo Ablownceves finally gets a couple people out

Solid pitching game-round for both teams (aside from Santos). Atchison was absolutely key tonight in eating those three innings after Doubront's short but solid start. I like that Alvarez kid too, especially if he can control his breaking balls a bit better as the year progresses.

• Options
    Sox bullpen was absolutely lights-out, and they didn't blow a lead.

I had no idea backwards day fell so early this year.

• Options
    LavaKnightLavaKnight Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Sox bullpen was absolutely lights-out, and they didn't blow a lead.

I had no idea backwards day fell so early this year.

Zito did pitch a complete game shutout today. By which I mean to say I believe your theory.

LavaKnight on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    Well this thing with Ozzie is interesting

• Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    You can get suspended for saying dumb things now??

America!

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    It's literally the single worst thing he could have done in the area

He could have probably killed a small child and got suspended for less

• Options
    Oh man, if people can get suspended for saying dumb shit now, the Phillies are gonna need to lock down a backup closer ASAP.

• Options
    Oh man, if people can get suspended for saying dumb shit now, the Phillies are gonna need to lock down a backup closer ASAP.

Truth. This will just add to the hilarity of how bad that Pap signing was in the first place.

• Options
    Has anyone else watching the Jays game espied Eric Thames' magnificent beard? It demands your respect.

Also, Zito just threw his first CG SHO in 9 years.

Almost+Thamous.jpg

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    toxk_02toxk_02 Registered User regular
    FREEEESE

Just stay healthy man

OTP.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    sadandino.jpg

Losing takes its toll on Robbie Andino

y2jake215 on
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    If he stays with Baltimore as long as Brian Roberts he'll end up looking like a corpse

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    yankee announcers were saying either he's depressed or 'locked in' which I thought was nice of them

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    I'd give him some credit, actually. I went through pretty much the same arc of depression during my time living in Baltimore, and that was only 9 months. The fact that 3 years in B'more hasn't driven him to shove a gun in his mouth is a testament to his character.

• Options
    Johnny Damon just signed with the Indians. Man's only 277 hits away from 3000, gods know if he'll ever get there though

• Options
    Auughh! Jesus fuck, Greinke, what are you thinking with that 19.64 ERA?

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    LavaKnight wrote: »
    Auughh! Jesus fuck, Greinke, what are you thinking with that 19.64 ERA?

Based on the line, tons of bad luck.

...he was thinking tons of bad luck. That makes sense.

• Options
    No kidding. Must have been a pretty difficult couple of innings, Brewers fans.

• Options
    quovadis13 wrote: »

Cabrera is also a good baseball troll.

What a funny situation.

• Options
    LavaKnight wrote: »
    quovadis13 wrote: »

Cabrera is also a good baseball troll.

What a funny situation.

That's the best thing ever. What a jackass. A hilarious, trolling jackass.

Also, I can't look at Robin Ventura without picturing him getting his stupid face beat in by Nolan Ryan.

• Options
    AdrenalineAdrenaline Registered User regular
    Dammit, I hate accidentally leaving starters on the bench.

I will show you fear in a handful of dust
  • Options
    DemerdarDemerdar Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    fly out on the first pitch :lol:

also, fuck FOX and their archaic fucking blackout bullshit :v:

Don't want to watch Yankees Angels? TOO BAD.

Demerdar on
    y6GGs3o.gif
  • Options
    Edwin Jackson with a 92 pitch, 9 K CG. He had never gone even 8 innings under 99 pitches

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    Nice to see Aceves trim 13.50 off his ERA.

• Options
    Nice to see Aceves trim 13.50 off his ERA.

Not to mention throwing a healthy 97 now that he only has to pitch one inning

• Options
    I'm more impressed by Franklin Morales. 4 k's in 3.2, and most importantly for him, no walks. Throwing heat and his curveball looked fierce today. There's a reason he closed for a bit

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    Another quality start by Henderson Alvarez out in Toronto today too. Not too many Ks or first pitch strikes but solid nonetheless.

Rasmus showing some life as well

• Options
    Beard out for season

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    Beard out for season

On the bright side, just imagine what the beard will look like next time you see it.

• Options
    That Pineda trade is paying off for the Ms pretty well tonight. Montero hr 3rbi and Noesi 8.0ip 6k so far

• Options
    Cody Ross's relationship with the green monster is off to a glorious start. The little guy is currently leading the team in homers and is 2nd in RBIs, thanks to that wall.

• Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    And the Beard learns that facial hair is not a substitute for an elbow. He's going to have a second Tommy John.

I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
This discussion has been closed.