As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[MLB] - Tigers and Angels and Pirates, Oh My!

• A Half Eaten OreoA Half Eaten Oreo Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Any mariner fans in here?

I have 2 tickets for next Sunday's game vs the Dodgers (Jun 7), but just found out I'm working that day. They're pretty good tickets. Section 127, Row 10.

A Half Eaten Oreo on
  • minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Holy shit, the Red Sox are above .500 for the first time this year. It's a miracle!

And on a side note, every team in the AL East currently sports a winning record. This is a seriously rough division.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • staplerofpaperstaplerofpaper Registered User regular
    Holy shit, the Red Sox are above .500 for the first time this year. It's a miracle!

And on a side note, every team in the AL East currently sports a winning record. This is a seriously rough division.

Any day now the news is going to be broken about how many human sacrifices the Orioles have made to appease the Elder Baseball Gods.

steam_sig.png
  • y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Adam Jones is on pace for over 50 homers

Career high 25

I think that Bedard trade was worth it

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    Today is Derek Holland Day. I own him in several leagues, including one in which I also own Dale Thayer. That team's ERA for today?

Oddly, that's a H2H league and I'm still winning the week. Woot?

• The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    M's are up on Texas 16-0 in the 3rd.

It's been deliriously fun to watch thus far.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    The Judge wrote: »
    M's are up on Texas 16-0 in the 3rd.

It's been deliriously fun to watch thus far.

Unless you own Derek Holland in multiple leagues, of course....

• minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    sanstodo wrote: »
    Today is Derek Holland Day. I own him in several leagues, including one in which I also own Dale Thayer. That team's ERA for today?

Oddly, that's a H2H league and I'm still winning the week. Woot?

At least you didn't have a closer with a sustained 45.00 ERA over like 4 appearances before he was booted back to the minors.

I love the inventive ways the Sox manage to fuck up their Aprils lately.

minor incident on
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Carlos Gonzalez tonight was a golden god. 3 home runs in 3 consecutive at bats. I love his swing.

Also Rockies have won 3 in a row and could possibly sweep someone. Dare I dream? Even if it is the Astros. Could we get to .500 at home? Is it possible?

u7stthr17eud.png
    CarGo got home run number 4 in 4 consecutive at bats. Also ties the record. Also swept the Astros. I have a small amount of hope.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120531&content_id=32566628&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb

u7stthr17eud.png
    I am going to be sick of my face in this thread. But this was against my Cards which is sad but good for Santana,

Santana throws Met's first no hitter in franchise history.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited June 2012
    The Cubs today look like the Indians from the beginning of Major League, dropping very catchable fly balls and making multiple miscues on some plays.

And they're winning 1-0.

How is that possible.

EDIT: Well, it's not anymore.

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Gosling wrote: »
    The Cubs today look like the Indians from the beginning of Major League, dropping very catchable fly balls and making multiple miscues on some plays.

And they're winning 1-0.

How is that possible.

EDIT: Well, it's not anymore.

That's the giants for you. The sad part is we're doing better on offense this year than before.

Smasher on
    It seems like everybody I know who doesn't give a shit a baseball 364 days out of the year has been going on and on about "HI57ORY" today.

If I was Mets fan I'd want to stab these people.

• jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    Valverde 2012 has become the Todd Jones Experience 2.0.

tOkYVT2.jpg
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    He was always the Todd Jones Experience 2.0. He just inexplicably got shit done last year. I do enjoy blowing a save (and getting a win!) by hitting two guys and walking two others. That's... special.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
    Even though the Rocks lost tonight yay for getting a winning streak going and at least one sweep. Even if though the last 6 games have cost us Tulo and Nicasio. The latter for who knows how long.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Mariners are 4 outs away from a joint no hitter vs. the Dodgers. Millwood tossed the first 6 innings then apparently got hurt.

Also, if anyone wants to discuss a trade in the auction league, I need a 2B/SS/3B and I'm willing to trade Carlos Quentin/Alfonso Soriano/Alex Rios/Mark Trumbo/Allen Craig

and they got it. Ties the Astros record of 6 pitchers used in a no hitter

y2jake215 on
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
    That was a little more nerve-wracking than I expected, but WOOOOOOO!

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I was amazed to hear the mariners got a no hitter, especially since they got perfect gamed earlier in the year. Love that millwood was the guy to partially do it, he's a pretty honest dude when I've seen interviews with him. "You felt good out there?" "Nope my pitches all hit for nothing, was hoping to correct looks like I did."

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Junior YankJunior Yank Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    If any of you have an MLB TV subscription or get the cable channel, go there now (or in a couple of minutes).

or: http://t.co/jlbpxhBe

Junior Yank on
  • toxk_02toxk_02 Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Not sure if I should feel bad but when I saw it was Cain I thought 'oh hey a potential perfecto that makes sense'. Only caught the last two innings but sounds like he owned that game, 14K and a ridiculous baseball reference game score.

Dude has 3 one-hitters as well, damn.

toxk_02 on
    OTP.jpg
    Holy shit, did you guys hear that the Giants scored 10 runs in one game?

Okay, yes, Cain was brilliant. I'm watching replays now. Such a beautifully pitched game.

Started Cain AND Lynn last night- too bad I also started Hamels, Price, and Betancourt

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    Dickey was RA Dickulous last night as well, apparently his one hit allowed should've been an error?

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • iguanacusiguanacus Desert PlanetRegistered User regular
    Watching the end of the Phils/Twins game last night was god damn brutal. Up by 5 at the bottom of the 7th and then to watch them almost blow it in the course of the next 2 innings was almost unbearable.

• VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    Dickey was RA Dickulous last night as well, apparently his one hit allowed should've been an error?

slow dribbler to third that wright probably should have handled. I saw it late last night and I wasn't sure either way.

he's been unbelievable.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
    Ugh, I've also managed to shift lineups enough so that in the past 2 weeks I've benched 2 homer games from Rios, Quentin, Soriano, and Trumbo. Nothing I do works, dang

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • fortisfortis OhioRegistered User regular
    Speaking of R.A. Dickey!

I'm still looking for a power hitter in the ESPN Auction league and any of my stellar pitching staff is available.

• toxk_02toxk_02 Registered User regular
    Not sure how much longer it's active today, but MLB.tv is half price for the rest of the season ($50) as a Father's Day promotion.

OTP.jpg
    Looking to sell Kershaw/Soriano/Quentin/Trumbo in auction league.
    Also, Dickey. Seriously. What the HELL MAN!

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    Dickey's only the 10th guy to throw two consecutive one-or-less-hitters since 1900, and only the third since 1944.
    Elias also tells us that Dickey is only the 5th pitcher in MLB history with at least 11 wins, an ERA under 2.50, and at least a strikeout per inning through his first 14 starts. The previous four pitchers were Francisco Liriano, Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez and Sandy Koufax.

I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
    Back to back one-hitters. For a knuckleballer, that's like 3 perfect games, right?

he's also got 5 straight games of at least 7.1 IP, at least 8 Ks, and 0 ER allowed total. First time ever I believe anyone has gone 5 straight games with 0 ER and 8+ Ks.
    Past 6 games:
    7.0 IP, 1 ER, 11 Ks, W.
    7.1 IP, 0 ER, 3 hits, 10 Ks, W.
    9.0 IP, 0 ER, 9 Ks, W.
    7.1 IP, 0 ER, 4 hits, 8 Ks, W.
    9.0 IP, 0 ER (1 R), 1 hit (should have been an error), 0 BB, 12 Ks, W.
    9.0 IP, 0 ER, 1 hit, 13 Ks, W.

One of the best stretches of pitching ever, by a 37 year old journeyman with a career ~6 K/9

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    So he's got a 42+ scoreless inning streak going? Yeah, for a knuckler, that is extremely badass.

• DemerdarDemerdar Registered User regular
    I wonder when was the last time he changed his socks.

y6GGs3o.gif
    Youkilis trade in T-minus 5... 4.... 3...

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    I hate the Yankees, and I don't really care about the Mets, but even I can't wait for tonight's matchup.

Bye Youk

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    Bye Youk

The worst part is that it took all of two hours for someone to use the headline: "Youkilis Changes Sox"

This discussion has been closed.