As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Did I Really Watch All Of That?

OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
edited January 2007 in Social Entropy++
After a night of playing World of Warcraft, I was ready to sign off but not ready to sleep. Checking out what was barely on TV, I ran across this old TV show called Gunsmoke. It was a Western type of show which really isn't my thing but with nothing else but infomercials on I decided just to watch it for a few minutes and see if I'd just nod off. It wasn't till I noticed the sun shining through my room's window that I realized I'd been there glued for a couple of hours! Now whenever I'm up at that time, I always tune in to watch more Gunsmoke.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who's been in the same situation; dismissing a TV show because of something like it's genre or an actor/actress we normally don't like or maybe simply because it's too old-fashioned and then finding ourselves hooked on it after watching an episode or two. So who here has a show they like even though they never thought it'd be their cup of tea? Maybe even a show that'd be too embarassing to let others publiclly know you like?

Owenashi on

• satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    i hope i'm not the only one who clicked on this hoping for a thread about the nickelodeon show all that

satansfingers on
  • Captain CthulhuCaptain Cthulhu Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I thought this thread might have been my cup of tea, but I was horribly horribly wrong.

I like tea, not mugs of steaming shit.

Captain Cthulhu on
  • J3pJ3p Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I love mugs of steaming shit.

Great thread, btw.

J3p on
    +./\ 50 ?. 50
  • AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    beartopic.gif

Ashcroft on
    ZD98Zka.png
  • rockmonkeyrockmonkey Little RockRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I should probably try going to sleep soon.

rockmonkey on
    NEWrockzomb80.jpg
  • ZoolanderZoolander Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    people on this forum watch some really shitty tv shows, so i think you're ok
    unless you have aids or something
    that is NOT OK

Zoolander on
  • ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Never seen gunsmoke. Never heard about it either, so I'm going to assume it is some horribly cunty piece of shit show

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Friday Night Lights is in my opinion the best new show this season, and I expected to hate it. I cannot convince anyone else to give it a chance though. They just think I'm a plant for NBC.

jackal on
  • ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I watched Mutant X a few times when it was on. There was one episode where a mutant had the power to make leaves fall off trees, and every time he told people they were like :| and he would be all "MAN YOU SHOULD SEE ME WHEN I'M IN THE FOREST".

Butler on
  • dushdush Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    that's one of the worst mutant powers i can think of

dush on
    imeandangdogwhyyougottadoathing.PNG
  • ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    the power to enhance the flavours of lip balm

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
    edited January 2007
    dush wrote:
    that's one of the worst mutant powers i can think of

Well you couldn't, you know, take on Magneto with it or anything, but it would be really good for getting rid of invasive weeds and such.

Butler on
  • satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    jackal wrote:
    Friday Night Lights is in my opinion the best new show this season, and I expected to hate it. I cannot convince anyone else to give it a chance though. They just think I'm a plant for NBC.

sounds an awful lot like something a plant would say

satansfingers on
    edited January 2007
    jackal wrote:

sounds an awful lot like something a counter-plant would say

Butler on
  • sarksark Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    i remember gunsmoke.

i don't think they ever directly said it, but miss kitty was a whore.

sark on
    tron4.png
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Zzulu wrote:
    Never seen gunsmoke. Never heard about it either, so I'm going to assume it is some horribly cunty piece of shit show

Since it's early in the morning and I'm half-asleep, I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. Just in case...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunsmoke

I dunno about you, but it must have some sort of guardian angel if it was crappy and still ran for twenty years.

Owenashi on
  • SlipperyJim.IMSlipperyJim.IM Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    jackal wrote:

let's see... A show about highschool football players, with little weasel douche actors -- you can't go wrong!

SlipperyJim.IM on
  • jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    jackal wrote:

I understand why you would say that, but George Takei is guest starring on Heroes tomorrow. Just because I randomly post things like, "romance blossoms in the boardroom tonight on The Apprentice" doesn't mean that I don't understand that next Thursday is an all new night of comedy on NBC. If you prick me do I not mention that "Grease: You're the One that I Want" is the hottest new reality show.

jackal on
    edited January 2007
    jackal wrote:

let's see... A show about highschool football players, with little weasel douche actors -- you can't go wrong!

Have you actually watched it, or are you just basing this on the commercials?

jackal on
    edited January 2007
    jackal wrote:
    jackal wrote:

Maybe you missed the part about the football and the weasel douches. I don't have time for that kind of shit, no matter how good the writing is.

SlipperyJim.IM on
    edited January 2007
    jackal wrote:
    jackal wrote:

Maybe you missed the part about the football and the weasel douches. I don't have time for that kind of shit, no matter how good the writing is.

I hate football and douche teen actors. Did you notice the thread is about shows that you think you would never like, but then end up liking?

jackal on
    edited January 2007
    jackal wrote:
    jackal wrote:
    jackal wrote:

I hate football and douche teen actors. Did you notice the thread is about shows that you think you would never like, but then end up liking?

yes, but this show doesn't fit the category, for me, because I still don't like it. And yes, I did watch an episode once out of sheer boredom.

SlipperyJim.IM on
    edited January 2007
    jackal wrote:
    jackal wrote:
    jackal wrote:

yes, but this show doesn't fit the category, for me, because I still don't like it. And yes, I did watch an episode once out of sheer boredom.

Well, why didn't you say so?

jackal on
  • trentsteeltrentsteel Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Guns smoke was awesome, our dad used to get us to watch it. Don't worry you are not weird.

(IN the Biglewbowski, when John Goodman is talking about that author in the iron lung the show they are talking about is basically a reference to Gunsmoke.)

trentsteel on
    http://www.botsnthings.com/
    I made a TD for iphone and windows phone!

• lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Whenever I flip onto MTV, I usually end up watching the shittiest crap, but I can't change the channel. Like Super Sweet 16 or Exposed and junk. My fave old MTV show was Made. Oh? Dorky girl becomes a banging model? Sign me up! Oh god, why do I have the same tastes as a 14-year old girl?

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • QuirkQuirk Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    i know i should hate my super sweet sixteen, but i can't help watching it when i see it on. I think this is mainly to do with it making me feel lucky not to be as much of a twat as the girls on that show. I've also always hated doctor who but my little sister got me into watching it since David Tennant has played the doctor.

Quirk on
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Gunsmoke is old and awesome.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • StarfuckStarfuck Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2007
    Drez wrote:

this is so true

Starfuck on
    jackfaces
    "If you're going to play tiddly winks, play it with man hole covers."
    - John McCallum
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Drez wrote:

Seriouslly. Anytime Festus Haggen has some focus in the story, it's guarenteed to be a good episode.

Owenashi on
  • mullymully Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Home Improvement was at one time like crack to me.

mully on
  • KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    edited January 2007
    sorry, no fat chicks

Knob on
  • ShimShamShimSham Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I occasionally watch The Hills.

Yep.

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
  • mullymully Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Knob wrote:
    sorry, no fat chicks

D:

i'm sorry, i'll go

mully on
    edited January 2007
    Also, there's this new awful show on E!.

It's called High Maintenance 90210, and it's basically a reality show about stupidly rich worthless people from Hollywood.

This one dude hired an assistant for his wife so that she could actually stay on time and on task and clean crap up around the house, that's all.

Instead she takes the assistant shopping, spends $20,000 on a necklace for herself and buys him (assistant) a $1000 sweatshirt, then they start drinking a lot of wine.

Then the actually start to rearrange her closet, she folds like two shirts and starts saying "I'm tireeeedddd" then drags the assistant into the living room to watch TV, drink another bottle of wine and play pool.

Then the husband suspects something is up and calls the assistants agency and fires him. The assistant hears and tells the wifey and the wifey says, "So you're not working for me anymore...? - Yeah, -"LETS GO TO THE BAAARRR!"

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    ShimSham wrote:

It's called High Maintenance 90210, and it's basically a reality show about stupidly rich worthless people from Hollywood.

This one dude hired an assistant for his wife so that she could actually stay on time and on task and clean crap up around the house, that's all.

Instead she takes the assistant shopping, spends $20,000 on a necklace for herself and buys him (assistant) a $1000 sweatshirt, then they start drinking a lot of wine.

Then the actually start to rearrange her closet, she folds like two shirts and starts saying "I'm tireeeedddd" then drags the assistant into the living room to watch TV, drink another bottle of wine and play pool.

Then the husband suspects something is up and calls the assistants agency and fires him. The assistant hears and tells the wifey and the wifey says, "So you're not working for me anymore...? - Yeah, -"LETS GO TO THE BAAARRR!"
    shim why would you do this

PiptheFair on
  • sarksark Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    ShimSham wrote:
    a $1000 sweatshirt

god. what?

i can't even wrap my head around that.

sark on
    tron4.png
    edited January 2007
    sark wrote:
    ShimSham wrote:
    a $1000 sweatshirt

god. what?

i can't even wrap my head around that.

It was made from the wool of a species of goat that only existed for 3 weeks in the 16th centure.

jackal on
    edited January 2007
    PipTheFair wrote:
    ShimSham wrote:

What does misery love?

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
  • potatoepotatoe Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    lostwords wrote:
    Whenever I flip onto MTV, I usually end up watching the shittiest crap, but I can't change the channel. Like Super Sweet 16 or Expose my junk.
    that's how i read it, and that's how i want it

potatoe on
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    ShimSham wrote:
    PipTheFair wrote:
    ShimSham wrote:

What does misery love?
    Muppetry?

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar