As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Diablo 3 Waiting Thread - Stay a while and glisten

• Options
    4rch3nemy4rch3nemy Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    reVerse wrote: »
    4rch3nemy wrote: »
    Tarantio wrote: »
    You're worried arenas are going to screw up balance in PvE?

Balance. In PvE.

This is still a Diablo game, isn't it?

You've articulated my thoughts exactly.

The balance of PvE is all about how fast you can kill huge groups of units.

And if PvP balancing makes it so that one class suddenly becomes significantly worse at killing huge groups of units as fast as possible, especially to the point where the players of that class feel they need to reroll to be useful, PvE balance is screwed.

Not a big deal, really.

The class you really like has been nerfed to the point of uselessness because of PvP and to be more than dead weight you need to take a class you like less from 1 to 60, but hey, not a big deal, really.

Respec.

Not a big deal, really.

4rch3nemy on
  • Options
    Feels Good ManFeels Good Man Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    My friend said the same thing in regards to the speed, but I'm pretty damn sure it's just for the purposes of showing off the game. Surely there will be run-speed items and attack speed items, and if you follow SC2 I'm sure you'll recall the unveil trailers of that. Banelings and Colossus moved so incredibly slowly, but the purpose was to make a trailer that an audience could follow with their eyes.

If they made a trailer featuring level 80 gameplay of Diablo2, that shit would be so fast an initial reaction from the audience would be "bwuuh??"

Feels Good Man on
  • Options
    SkabSkab Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Panel recap is out!

http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?topicId=27387871468&sid=3000

Or if you don't want to click that:
    Immediately following the opening ceremonies and the announcement of Diablo III's demon hunter, the game's fifth and final playable class, the team took the stage to discuss the making of the new class, as well as an overall update on hero design, skills, and customization. In attendance was Game Director Jay Wilson, Art Director Christian Lichtner, Lead Character Artist Paul Warzecha, Lead World Designer Leonard Boyarsky, Technical Game Designer Wyatt Cheng, Lead Content Designer Kevin Martens, Lead Technical Artist Julian Love, and last but certainly not least, about 20,000 of their closest friends.

As many had guessed, the demon hunter fills out a gap in the hero archetypes by adding a ranged-weapon class to the Diablo III roster. In fact, a ranged class had always been the plan, but originally the demon hunter was called the ranger and took a woodland-hunter vibe. But as the other heroes were designed, created, and announced, the ranger began to lose its luster. It just wasn't stacking up to be as cool as the other classes, and so it went back to the drawing board.

When designing the class, some core ideas kept coming back and ended up driving much of the design. The class needed to be dark, mysterious, medieval/gothic, and most importantly feel like a ranged class. The name and idea of a demon hunter were born. Some early ideas included having an actual demon be a playable class, but it was quickly reinforced that heroes in Diablo need to be human. That idea evolved into the demon hunter having a demonic presence overtaking one of its arms, but this proved to feel too melee-oriented, since you'd constantly want to punch demons with your demonic arm. So with some of the more outlandish ideas out of the way, a slender, dark, sexy, gothic character began to take form in the demon hunter as it exists today.

The demon hunter has a unique vibe in that while it is a ranged class, it takes on some additional flavor from the use of gadgets, acrobatics, and shadow magic. The basic premise of the demon hunter sells the concept that it is a class of people who wait, stalk, and prey upon demons. Their sole purpose is to rid Sanctuary of the demonic threat, and they've spent time not only honing their minds and bodies to kill demons with dual crossbows, but also by laboring in a workshop creating gadgets to help get the job done. In addition, their thirst for the destruction of all demons is so great that they've invested themselves in the dark art of shadow magic to assist in their quest. The team showed videos of several of the demon hunter’s signature skills, which can be viewed over on the class page.

Demon Hunter class page - http://us.blizzard.com/diablo3/characters/demonhunter.xml

Taking a step back from the demon hunter, there have been numerous changes to classes in general, and the current state of class design and character customization was laid out in detail. Skills are at the core of what defines a character. Fast and flashy, slow and defensive, powerful but limited, and plenty of other permutations besides. These basic concepts that can help define a character all rely on the skill system. The Diablo III skill system has gone through a few iterations during the development process, and the latest and greatest was shown off at this BlizzCon. With seven skill slots to choose from, players will be able to mix and match skills from an ever-growing pool of abilities as they level. With the inclusion of skill runes, the number of combinations is almost beyond comprehension. Almost, because we took some time, did some math, and found out that the number of skill and rune combinations available in the game reaches an astronomical number of just under 97 billion. That's purely skill and rune combinations and doesn't factor in any of the other character customization systems.

Speaking of character customization, a few new systems have now been revealed. To cut down on the number of skills and focus on just active abilities, passives have been moved out of the main skill tree. There is now a secondary tree that contains nothing but passives, which are now called traits. Traits are individual passive abilities that you can spend points in to alter core attributes and mechanics. Trait points are gained every other level, which allows even these passive abilities a way to provide an exciting and noticeable increase in power or effect. Some examples of traits were given, and both their lore and mechanics described. An example for the barbarian, Inner Rage: "While most orders teach the merits of calming the seas of the soul, the guardians of Arreat have embraced the raging inner storm." This trait can have up to five ranks. It reduces the rate of Fury lost and increases Fury gained for hitting the same target.

Some of the specifics of the trait system aren't quite complete, with a laundry list of tasks and problems left to solve. The UI for the system isn't final; a more awesome version is in the works. The idea of gaining points every other level also isn't necessarily set, and while it's the current best solution, the search continues for a better one. Right now each class also has too many traits with too many ranks, causing the same overcrowding problem that splitting traits away from active skills was attempting to alleviate. Those are issues that will be worked on, iterated, and polished as the development process continues.

Another new feature was revealed, or rather shown, for the first time: the talisman. Charms in Diablo II were items that sat in your inventory, forcing players to choose between precious storage space and character power. Most people ended up filling their inventory with charms, and only leaving enough space to pick up one or two items. That's not an ideal system in a game with such a focus on acquiring loot, so the talisman system provides an elegant replacement, setting aside a dedicated space on the character sheet to place charms and gain their effect. Rather than choosing between inventory space and useful charm effects, you'll be making decisions about which selection of charms to put on your talisman.

The skill rune system made a welcome return, as the team unveiled the latest iteration on the concept. Runes provide a powerful avenue of character customization, as they can be applied to skills to substantially alter both their mechanical effects and the visuals associated with them – one example the team showed was the witch doctor’s Plague Toads skill, which with the application of different runes morphs into a rain of toads from above or a single giant toad able to swallow demons whole. Skill runes come in five loosely themed types: crimson, indigo, obsidian, golden, and alabaster, each of which is available in seven power levels. A level-one rune applied to the wizard’s Magic Missile skill fires two missiles, while the max-level rune turns it into a screen-filling barrage.

As also announced during the opening ceremony, the player-vs.-player (PvP) portion of Diablo III has now been revealed, and is known as the battle arena. These are small gladiatorial arenas specifically designed for fast and furious PvP combat. They focus on team-based combat (balancing for 3v3), using each player's character from the single player/co-op game, with a 'best out of' format. With almost 97 billion potential skill and rune builds, and then factoring in items, the talisman system, and traits, character balance isn't likely to lend itself to an eSport, and in fact the PvP for Diablo III has always been designed a side game intended purely for fun. We know you like killing each other, so that's what it's there to provide. Even though it's not a hardcore ranked system designed to determine the best in the world, there will be matchmaking to try to get players together of similar skill, and there will be a personal progression system that will reward your character for participating in PvP.

We'll be back tomorrow with a recap of the Crafting Sanctuary panel, where the designers, artists, programmers, and writers will provide insight into what it takes to create the world of Diablo III. See you then!

Skab on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Respec.

Not a big deal, really.

I said class, not spec.

reVerse on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Respec.

Not a big deal, really.

I said class, not spec.

yes, I'm sure they will literally nerf every single move out of a class, reVerse, and that you're not being hopelessly naive.

Feels Good Man on
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Evangir wrote: »
    In my experience with WoW, people (myself included) tended to make a much bigger deal out of PvP/PvE balance changes than was warranted. Everyone always overreacts when they get nerfed. It really won't be that bad, and will bring some organized PvP to Diablo 3. To me, that seems a definite improvement over the rather silly PvP in Diablo 2.

And really, who didn't see arenas coming? What other form of PvP were they going to do?
    The class you really like has been nerfed to the point of uselessness because of PvP and to be more than dead weight you need to take a class you like less from 1 to 60, but hey, not a big deal, really.

This here is an epic overreaction.

How about NO PvP? Problem solved! This may turn out fine, yes. And HAVING to reroll is an overreaction, yes. But if my fireball does 1 less damage because some PERSON cried about it that makes the demons happy I tell you.

Xeddicus on
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    It looked like the arena with the bridge, except without the bridge and with more pillars. Because pillars make PvP fun.

HUMP THAT PILLAR HARDER, BOY!

HUMP IT LIKE IT OWES YOU MONEY!

Personally I think the witchdoctor, demon hunter and wizard hold the most appeal for me.

Partially because I played a Rogue for 4 years in WoW, and my interest in chasing shit around still hasn't recovered. Give me the ability to sling death from half a mile away anyday.

But as an alt addict I'm sure I'll have a monk and barbarian around. If nothing else, they'll collect shit they can use as I level the other characters so that hopefully by the time I get around to them, they'll be so overpowered that it'll be fun enough to ignore said chasing around of shit.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Whoah!
    With seven skill slots to choose from, players will be able to mix and match skills from an ever-growing pool of abilities as they level. With the inclusion of skill runes, the number of combinations is almost beyond comprehension. Almost, because we took some time, did some math, and found out that the number of skill and rune combinations available in the game reaches an astronomical number of just under 97 billion. That's purely skill and rune combinations and doesn't factor in any of the other character customization systems.
    With almost 97 billion potential skill and rune builds, and then factoring in items, the talisman system, and traits, character balance isn't likely to lend itself to an eSport, and in fact the PvP for Diablo III has always been designed a side game intended purely for fun. We know you like killing each other, so that's what it's there to provide. Even though it's not a hardcore ranked system designed to determine the best in the world, there will be matchmaking to try to get players together of similar skill, and there will be a personal progression system that will reward your character for participating in PvP.

I like this approach. A lot.

4rch3nemy on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Respec.

Not a big deal, really.

I said class, not spec.

yes, I'm sure they will literally nerf every single move out of a class, reVerse, and that you're not being hopelessly naive.

It is naive to believe that PvP balancing will have absolutely no effect on the PvE portion of the game.

reVerse on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    who says I didn't think it would? It happened in Diablo 2. People just don't remember it

and acting as if they will ruin classes over it is just silly

Feels Good Man on
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Whoah!
    With seven skill slots to choose from, players will be able to mix and match skills from an ever-growing pool of abilities as they level. With the inclusion of skill runes, the number of combinations is almost beyond comprehension. Almost, because we took some time, did some math, and found out that the number of skill and rune combinations available in the game reaches an astronomical number of just under 97 billion. That's purely skill and rune combinations and doesn't factor in any of the other character customization systems.

Don't let that go to your head. Switching around 2 points is a 'new' build. Though it does sound like it'll be a nice system.

Xeddicus on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Guys, stop arguing about PVP and read:
    With almost 97 billion potential skill and rune builds, and then factoring in items, the talisman system, and traits, character balance isn't likely to lend itself to an eSport, and in fact the PvP for Diablo III has always been designed a side game intended purely for fun. We know you like killing each other, so that's what it's there to provide.

Skab on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EvangirEvangir Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Respec.

Not a big deal, really.

I said class, not spec.

It is naive to believe that PvP balancing will have absolutely no effect on the PvE portion of the game.

So everything past "no effect" automatically becomes "class rendered useless?" How is that logical? When has that ever happened in WoW?

Evangir on
    PSN/XBL/STEAM: Evangir - Starcraft 2: Bulwark.955 - Origin: Bulwark955 - Diablo 3: Bulwark#1478
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    no, skab. you can't have fun in PvP and Diablo

YOU CAN'T HAVE IT

YOU CAN'T HAVE YOUR EARS AND EAT THEM TOO

Feels Good Man on
  • Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Wait, where did they show off the Wizard's Meteor?

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    EggPuppetEggPuppet Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I will be shocked if "97 billion" isn't just a math error. Like, they did the number of ordered permutations instead of unordered

EggPuppet on
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    The good news for Diablo 3 is that the Arena PVP is being implimented prior to the release of the game. That means that the 1.0 Box edition of the game will already have both PvE and PvP balance in it (theoretically). We won't know about all the internal nerfs and changes that occurred during the development phase. That should hopefully lead to much less heartache down the road.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    PvP nerfs won't nerf PvE to the effect of rendering a whole class (or even, probably a whole skill) useless. The reasoning? They don't care to balance PvP meticulously when they know it's more about having fun and feeling strong than winning esports tournaments.

MAKE LOVE. NOT RAINBOWS.

4rch3nemy on
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Evangir wrote: »
    And really, who didn't see arenas coming? What other form of PvP were they going to do?
    Battlegrounds, obviously.

forty on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Skab wrote: »
    Panel recap is out!

http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?topicId=27387871468&sid=3000

Or if you don't want to click that:
    Immediately following the opening ceremonies and the announcement of Diablo III's demon hunter, the game's fifth and final playable class, the team took the stage to discuss the making of the new class, as well as an overall update on hero design, skills, and customization. In attendance was Game Director Jay Wilson, Art Director Christian Lichtner, Lead Character Artist Paul Warzecha, Lead World Designer Leonard Boyarsky, Technical Game Designer Wyatt Cheng, Lead Content Designer Kevin Martens, Lead Technical Artist Julian Love, and last but certainly not least, about 20,000 of their closest friends.

As many had guessed, the demon hunter fills out a gap in the hero archetypes by adding a ranged-weapon class to the Diablo III roster. In fact, a ranged class had always been the plan, but originally the demon hunter was called the ranger and took a woodland-hunter vibe. But as the other heroes were designed, created, and announced, the ranger began to lose its luster. It just wasn't stacking up to be as cool as the other classes, and so it went back to the drawing board.

When designing the class, some core ideas kept coming back and ended up driving much of the design. The class needed to be dark, mysterious, medieval/gothic, and most importantly feel like a ranged class. The name and idea of a demon hunter were born. Some early ideas included having an actual demon be a playable class, but it was quickly reinforced that heroes in Diablo need to be human. That idea evolved into the demon hunter having a demonic presence overtaking one of its arms, but this proved to feel too melee-oriented, since you'd constantly want to punch demons with your demonic arm. So with some of the more outlandish ideas out of the way, a slender, dark, sexy, gothic character began to take form in the demon hunter as it exists today.

The demon hunter has a unique vibe in that while it is a ranged class, it takes on some additional flavor from the use of gadgets, acrobatics, and shadow magic. The basic premise of the demon hunter sells the concept that it is a class of people who wait, stalk, and prey upon demons. Their sole purpose is to rid Sanctuary of the demonic threat, and they've spent time not only honing their minds and bodies to kill demons with dual crossbows, but also by laboring in a workshop creating gadgets to help get the job done. In addition, their thirst for the destruction of all demons is so great that they've invested themselves in the dark art of shadow magic to assist in their quest. The team showed videos of several of the demon hunter’s signature skills, which can be viewed over on the class page.

Demon Hunter class page - http://us.blizzard.com/diablo3/characters/demonhunter.xml

Taking a step back from the demon hunter, there have been numerous changes to classes in general, and the current state of class design and character customization was laid out in detail. Skills are at the core of what defines a character. Fast and flashy, slow and defensive, powerful but limited, and plenty of other permutations besides. These basic concepts that can help define a character all rely on the skill system. The Diablo III skill system has gone through a few iterations during the development process, and the latest and greatest was shown off at this BlizzCon. With seven skill slots to choose from, players will be able to mix and match skills from an ever-growing pool of abilities as they level. With the inclusion of skill runes, the number of combinations is almost beyond comprehension. Almost, because we took some time, did some math, and found out that the number of skill and rune combinations available in the game reaches an astronomical number of just under 97 billion. That's purely skill and rune combinations and doesn't factor in any of the other character customization systems.

Speaking of character customization, a few new systems have now been revealed. To cut down on the number of skills and focus on just active abilities, passives have been moved out of the main skill tree. There is now a secondary tree that contains nothing but passives, which are now called traits. Traits are individual passive abilities that you can spend points in to alter core attributes and mechanics. Trait points are gained every other level, which allows even these passive abilities a way to provide an exciting and noticeable increase in power or effect. Some examples of traits were given, and both their lore and mechanics described. An example for the barbarian, Inner Rage: "While most orders teach the merits of calming the seas of the soul, the guardians of Arreat have embraced the raging inner storm." This trait can have up to five ranks. It reduces the rate of Fury lost and increases Fury gained for hitting the same target.

Some of the specifics of the trait system aren't quite complete, with a laundry list of tasks and problems left to solve. The UI for the system isn't final; a more awesome version is in the works. The idea of gaining points every other level also isn't necessarily set, and while it's the current best solution, the search continues for a better one. Right now each class also has too many traits with too many ranks, causing the same overcrowding problem that splitting traits away from active skills was attempting to alleviate. Those are issues that will be worked on, iterated, and polished as the development process continues.

Another new feature was revealed, or rather shown, for the first time: the talisman. Charms in Diablo II were items that sat in your inventory, forcing players to choose between precious storage space and character power. Most people ended up filling their inventory with charms, and only leaving enough space to pick up one or two items. That's not an ideal system in a game with such a focus on acquiring loot, so the talisman system provides an elegant replacement, setting aside a dedicated space on the character sheet to place charms and gain their effect. Rather than choosing between inventory space and useful charm effects, you'll be making decisions about which selection of charms to put on your talisman.

The skill rune system made a welcome return, as the team unveiled the latest iteration on the concept. Runes provide a powerful avenue of character customization, as they can be applied to skills to substantially alter both their mechanical effects and the visuals associated with them – one example the team showed was the witch doctor’s Plague Toads skill, which with the application of different runes morphs into a rain of toads from above or a single giant toad able to swallow demons whole. Skill runes come in five loosely themed types: crimson, indigo, obsidian, golden, and alabaster, each of which is available in seven power levels. A level-one rune applied to the wizard’s Magic Missile skill fires two missiles, while the max-level rune turns it into a screen-filling barrage.

As also announced during the opening ceremony, the player-vs.-player (PvP) portion of Diablo III has now been revealed, and is known as the battle arena. These are small gladiatorial arenas specifically designed for fast and furious PvP combat. They focus on team-based combat (balancing for 3v3), using each player's character from the single player/co-op game, with a 'best out of' format. With almost 97 billion potential skill and rune builds, and then factoring in items, the talisman system, and traits, character balance isn't likely to lend itself to an eSport, and in fact the PvP for Diablo III has always been designed a side game intended purely for fun. We know you like killing each other, so that's what it's there to provide. Even though it's not a hardcore ranked system designed to determine the best in the world, there will be matchmaking to try to get players together of similar skill, and there will be a personal progression system that will reward your character for participating in PvP.

We'll be back tomorrow with a recap of the Crafting Sanctuary panel, where the designers, artists, programmers, and writers will provide insight into what it takes to create the world of Diablo III. See you then!

I'm quoting myself for the new page.

Skab on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Guys, stop arguing about PVP and read:
    With almost 97 billion potential skill and rune builds, and then factoring in items, the talisman system, and traits, character balance isn't likely to lend itself to an eSport, and in fact the PvP for Diablo III has always been designed a side game intended purely for fun. We know you like killing each other, so that's what it's there to provide.

Yeah, see, that's fine. But I still expect them to screw something up because of changes they make because of PvP, even if they're saying now that they're not going to be making such changes. You'll never be able to switch factions and so on.

reVerse on
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Good riddance, charms!

forty on
  • Options
    alset85alset85 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    The new trait system is exactly what was needed to replace the loss of stat points allocation. HYPED!

alset85 on
    override said: I can't wait until Toady causes pressurized water to be able to actually damage things. I want to hit goblins with a shit cannon of such pressure that the meat is ripped from their bones

Steam ID
  • Options
    TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Some early ideas included having an actual demon be a playable class, but it was quickly reinforced that heroes in Diablo need to be human. That idea evolved into the demon hunter having a demonic presence overtaking one of its arms, but this proved to feel too melee-oriented, since you'd constantly want to punch demons with your demonic arm.

Hehe. They know us all too well.

TheCanMan on
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Diablo 3 taking a page out of the Guild Wars book? We've come full circle.

GoodKingJayIII on
    Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Hi honey, I'm home.

... So what'd I miss? <_<

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    GW had it right by limiting the amount of skills in your skill bar at any one point. My favorite part of that game, by far, was analyzing and changing the skills I had on my bar for certain scenarios. Yummy. I'm so pumped.

So much good news today.

4rch3nemy on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Henroid wrote: »
    Hi honey, I'm home.

OP son!

Skab on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    GW had it right by limiting the amount of skills in your skill bar at any one point. My favorite part of that game, by far, was analyzing and changing the skills I had on my bar for certain scenarios. Yummy. I'm so pumped.

So much good news today.

That was definitely the most important thing Guild Wars got right and I've long wished that other games would realize it as well. Being able to use every single one of your abilities - every utility spell, every snare, every stun, every heal - every single one of them at all times is just ridiculous. With a limited skill bar you actually have to put some thought into the abilities you've got.

reVerse on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    The skill rune system made a welcome return, as the team unveiled the latest iteration on the concept. Runes provide a powerful avenue of character customization, as they can be applied to skills to substantially alter both their mechanical effects and the visuals associated with them – one example the team showed was the witch doctor’s Plague Toads skill, which with the application of different runes morphs into a rain of toads from above or a single giant toad able to swallow demons whole.

:shock:

<3

TheCanMan on
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Still no Archivist?

Taramoor on
  • Options
    CrovaxanCrovaxan Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    toad rain is whre its at

Crovaxan on
    1850973-1.png
    Crovax.436 Steam: Crovaxan
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Oh my fucking god skill runes.

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Guys.

Is cryo-genic freeze technology a real thing? Like does it exist in the real world?

Can someone please place me in stasis until this game comes out?

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Guys.

Is cryo-genic freeze technology a real thing? Like does it exist in the real world?

Can someone please place me in stasis until this game comes out?

theshiningsnow1.jpg

TheCanMan on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Henroid wrote: »
    Hi honey, I'm home.

OP son!

Oh don't worry I was mostly being a silly goose about this. That said, I'm disappointed with the final class being exactly what someone said just last night (bleh), but I'm intrigued at what the 'gadgets' portion could mean.

I'm mostly excited at the skill rune system. Goddamn that shit better be hot. HOT I TELL YOU. Now that I think about it, what I said last night about increasing a 'fire arrow' is sort of represented with this. So fuck yes.

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I had the Physical Ranged class called last year. When they announced the monk, which is basically a replacement for the paladin, a physical ranged class was the only other possibility that even fit.

The archetypes in D3 are exactly the same as they are in D2 original.

Physical Melee - Barb/Barb
    Physical Ranged - Amazon/Demon Hunter
    Magical (Holy) Melee - Paladin/Monk
    Magical Ranged - Sorc/Wizard
    Minions/Utility - Necro/Witch Doctor

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    SarahstraszaSarahstrasza Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Yay, I'm so happy with the ranged character they decided on. It was worth the wait I cant wait to play the garbage out of her! Yay.

Sarahstrasza on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    I had the Physical Ranged class called last year. When they announced the monk, which is basically a replacement for the paladin, a physical ranged class was the only other possibility that even fit.

The archetypes in D3 are exactly the same as they are in D2 original.

Physical Melee - Barb/Barb
    Physical Ranged - Amazon/Demon Hunter
    Magical (Holy) Melee - Paladin/Monk
    Magical Ranged - Sorc/Wizard
    Minions/Utility - Necro/Witch Doctor

Does that mean the expansion will be the same?

Magical Melee - Assassin/whatever
    Minions/shapeshifter - Druid/whatever

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Still gonna stick with a wizard as I had already decided.

Also, Diablo 3 for GOTY 2010.

Henroid on