Options

PAX East 2011 BYOC Info/FAQ - SOLD OUT!

• Options
    It's not a tumorIt's not a tumor Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    chenry888 wrote: »
    Are most people going to be playing L4D2 and TF2?

Hopefully, there's going to be alot of SC2 players there, SC2 and BFBC2 is all I got...

Steam sales are your friend.

It's not a tumor on
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Yeah, watch the thanksgiving and christmas steam sales. You can get those 2 games for super cheap.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    itzerokewlitzerokewl Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    So apparently Bioshock 2 is going for cheap on GFWL. . . anyone planning on having a copy with them? I've never tried the multi when I had it on the 360 and thought this would be a good excuse to pick it up again.

I would love a chance to play the Bioshock 2 multi. I got the game the day it came out, played about half of the single player, then reformatted my system and haven't installed it since!

Also I know last year TF2 was really big and also saw some L4D, it would be nice to have a big group for L4D2 and also SC2...so many great times, so little time!

itzerokewl on
    signature.png
  • Options
    It's not a tumorIt's not a tumor Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    BigRed wrote: »
    Yeah, watch the thanksgiving and christmas steam sales. You can get those 2 games for super cheap.

I think I wound up getting L4D2 for $7.50 a few weeks back.

It's not a tumor on
  • Options
    AxonAxon Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    The best event in PAX. Can't wait. I don't think I can go to PAX without my BYOC seat - both as a way to play games and as a place to just chill and meet new people.

Axon on
  • Options
    chenry888chenry888 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Yeah I'll keep a lookout for those steam sales. Never was really into Valve's FPS. Was always a Battlefield guy and a little bit of HALO. But god I hate COD, lol.

Hopefully I wander around and I can get some kind of group to play SC2

chenry888 on
  • Options
    Zer078Zer078 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    itzerokewl wrote: »
    So apparently Bioshock 2 is going for cheap on GFWL. . . anyone planning on having a copy with them? I've never tried the multi when I had it on the 360 and thought this would be a good excuse to pick it up again.

I would love a chance to play the Bioshock 2 multi. I got the game the day it came out, played about half of the single player, then reformatted my system and haven't installed it since!

Also I know last year TF2 was really big and also saw some L4D, it would be nice to have a big group for L4D2 and also SC2...so many great times, so little time!

Bioshock 2 MP was pretty run of the mill, online its like dead (being a GFW live title after all)

Zer078 on
    PAX EAST: 3 day pass
    Pc gamer for life
  • Options
    TheTerribleManTheTerribleMan Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    28 seats left!

Holy crap.

TheTerribleMan on
  • Options
    XirycXiryc Middleburg Hts, OHRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Yeah I'll keep a lookout for those steam sales. Never was really into Valve's FPS. Was always a Battlefield guy and a little bit of HALO. But god I hate COD, lol.

I'll be there and willing to play some SC2

Xiryc on
  • Options
    chenry888chenry888 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Xiryc wrote: »

I'll be there and willing to play some SC2

Cool beans!

chenry888 on
  • Options
    itzerokewlitzerokewl Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I'll be down for SC2 for sure!

itzerokewl on
    signature.png
  • Options
    GannoGanno Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Epic fail...sold out already? Who's got my extra?

Ganno on
    jaafe2a95twb.png
  • Options
    thorkonthorkon Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Really sold out already!? Crap!

How am I gonna bring my new computer case mod if I cant get a seat or 2 to bring them ;_;

(I'm the 8-bit modder with the Black Mage and Super Mushroom currently working on the new 8bit pc :D)

Just curious what are my options to acquire a ticket other than refreshing that page everyday? Is their a way to buy someone else's ticket if they are willing to sell it?

thorkon on
  • Options
    WingedillidanWingedillidan Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    thorkon wrote: »

How am I gonna bring my new computer case mod if I cant get a seat or 2 to bring them ;_;

(I'm the 8-bit modder with the Black Mage and Super Mushroom currently working on the new 8bit pc :D)

Just curious what are my options to acquire a ticket other than refreshing that page everyday? Is their a way to buy someone else's ticket if they are willing to sell it?

I saw that.. you're the guy who sat across the aisle from me and have EVERYONE bump into me while taking pictures :P... nah it was cool and awesome, I got to look at your awesome creation every time I got up. You can take my seat if no other options open up, PM me.

Wingedillidan on
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
  • Options
    [H]olyGeekboy[H]olyGeekboy PAX dad and PC builder ClevelandRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2010

This makes me sad - was really hoping to see your new mod this year! Hope you find a spot, wish I had bought an extra!

[H]olyGeekboy on
    p3HkbcM.png
  • Options
    [H]olyGeekboy[H]olyGeekboy PAX dad and PC builder ClevelandRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2010
    Ganno wrote: »
    Epic fail...sold out already? Who's got my extra?

Who did you ask to buy your extra, and are they on this list?

http://lanfest.intel.com/?page=registrations&eventid=1581

If not... :(

[H]olyGeekboy on
    p3HkbcM.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Plus theres no transfers allowed. All you can do is ask for a refund and the ticket will be returned into the general pool.
    Had to do that otherwise scalping would get out of control.

BigRed on
  • Options
    GannoGanno Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    No, just a figure of speech. I'm screwed.

On the bright side, maybe I'll actually get to see the rest of the show this year. :o

Ganno on
    jaafe2a95twb.png
  • Options
    thorkonthorkon Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

I saw that.. you're the guy who sat across the aisle from me and have EVERYONE bump into me while taking pictures :P... nah it was cool and awesome, I got to look at your awesome creation every time I got up. You can take my seat if no other options open up, PM me.

Thank you I appreciate it alot, but from what Red says I guess my only way is to randomly refresh lanfest page everyday...I read in the general faq that general admission tickets were able to be transferred or something of the sort a few weeks before the event so I was thinking it would be possible in the byoc tickets.

thorkon on
  • Options
    TipperzackTipperzack Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Whats going on with the Registrations page of intel lan fest?
    2 weeks ago it closed and was at 216
    1 week ago it was at 217
    And now its 218
    How are their new people getting registrations?

http://lanfest.intel.com/?page=registrations&eventid=1581

Tipperzack on
  • Options
    contrefaitcontrefait Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    People moving from the unpaid section to the paid section?

contrefait on
    PAX East 2016 Checklist
    Passes: ▬ Hotel: ▬ Flight: [color=red]☑[/color]
  • Options
    David CoffmanDavid Coffman Registered User, PAX Staff regular
    edited November 2010
    They were from delayed payment processing. No back door or anything.

David Coffman on
  • Options
    chrwinchrwin Registered User new member
    edited November 2010
    I cant even believe it, last year we got an email (we had the option to opt in) when the REG went live. This year, no email, and the BYOC sells out before I even find out about it being open? You guys need to do a better job of letting us know when this stuff is going down, I had a group of 5 that are all severely disappointed.

Whatever, I'll try really hard not to be butthurt, but I am severely disappointed. I would pay a lot more than 30 dollars to be a part of this, and I completely missed the boat.

chrwin on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    BYOC is always posted on here & twitter (ever since 2007) for a few weeks before it hits email. Sucks that you missed it but Just a lesson for next time. Follow the PAX_BYOC and Official_PAX twitter accounts for instant info and/or read the forums like once a week after PAX Reg goes live.

BigRed on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    or just check the forums every day! Every hour... every MINUTE!!!!!

Wingedillidan on
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
  • Options
    thr4sherthr4sher Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I need to get in touch with some of the admins for the pax east BYOC. The only person on the forums that I know works with the BYOC is BigRed. i have sent him a few PMs but I havent heard back from him.

Does anyone know who the other BYOC guys are here on the forums?

edit: I just noticed i put 2010, lol...

thr4sher on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    BigRed is a big fat ... tall.. jerk! Never expect a reply from him because he's a BIG jerk... Nah, he's the best shot ya got for anything BYOC... if you're trying to get in, tough cookies, you gotta wait.

<3 ya BigRed

Wingedillidan on
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
  • Options
    thr4sherthr4sher Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    nah, i have my passes. I just needed to talk to the admins about something.

thr4sher on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited November 2010
    BigRed is head of BYOC. If you have questions, he's the guy to ask.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited November 2010
    Sorry, Still catching up on stuff from holidays. Upcoming LAN + 2nd job for holidays has kept me away from the computer.

BigRed on
  • Options
    FireWaterFireWater Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Hi all I am new to the forum,

Just out of curiosity, will there be an expansion of the BYOC section? If not how will cancelations be handled.

Thanks!

FireWater on
  • Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Expansion: Doubt it. I imagine square footage is set in stone, and there's only so many computers you can put in a given space before technical/spatial/fire code issues pop up.

Cancellations: Keep checking the registration page to see if anyone canceled and hop on it.

edit: Official word:
    FYI: BYOC is close to selling out

After we sell out theres still a chance that you can get in. If someone gets a refund on a ticket their freed up ticket goes back into the public pool. Just like the past 2 years ticket transfers are not allowed (to eliminate scalping). After we sell out the only way to get in is to keep watching the page to see if someone got a refund.

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Sorry to be a pest, but I was wondering if there are open spots when the LAN is actually taking place, that they may be sold to people who didn't have spot.

i.e. a few people registered and paid, but never showed and never canceled, how would that situation be handled?

FireWater on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Highly unlikely.

Unless theres a huge number (25+) of noshows, but dont count on it.

BigRed on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Sorry another quick question.

Will there be a "paid waitlist" where as I can pay for 2 spots and if there are two cancelations I would get immediate access to those spots?

Sorry to be a pest but my buddy and mine would really like to attend the BYOC. If it helps we are both bringing notebooks so we won't take too much space :lol:

FireWater on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    There is no paid waitlist.

You just have to watch for cancellations and hope you get lucky.

If not just watch the forums and the PAX_BYOC twitter for when reg goes live next year so you dont miss it then :)

BigRed on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    When is the cancelation deadline? I'm sure there will be a decent amount of last minute cancelations.

FireWater on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    FireWater wrote: »
    When is the cancelation deadline? I'm sure there will be a decent amount of last minute cancelations.

Likely the Friday before PAX, and there typically isnt a lot of last minute cancellations. At least there hasn't been the past few PAXes.

BigRed on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    If given enough demand, will it be possible that the PAX staff can expand the BYOC? I know you said last year didn't sell out, but I'm sure there are plenty of forum members that would pay for a spot if more were available.

Would this be a reasonable question to ask the staff running the event? Especially since it is still decently far enough in the future that some adjustments could be made if allowed?

FireWater on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    FireWater wrote: »
    If given enough demand, will it be possible that the PAX staff can expand the BYOC? I know you said last year didn't sell out, but I'm sure there are plenty of forum members that would pay for a spot if more were available.

Would this be a reasonable question to ask the staff running the event? Especially since it is still decently far enough in the future that some adjustments could be made if allowed?

Not for this year. Next year sure.

BigRed on