As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Fallout New Vegas: Post in the NEW thread, you dorks.

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    If you're looking for repair kits, there's one in Goodsprings. I'm pretty sure it was in Victor's house (doesn't count as stealing).

Maz- on
    Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Rizzi wrote: »
    Mods? Sure. You can pick between the terrible texture replacement for your player, bigger breasts, or animated prostitution.
    :?
    I wish I was kidding.

Didn't see any of those on Nexus. Is there another big mod site out there?

Beltaine on
    XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • Options
    Xenogear_0001Xenogear_0001 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    To be fair, there are some nicer mods than what Rizzi suggests. I likes my new swords. :D

Xenogear_0001 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    So Boone.. some sort of DemiGod?

Oh hey a ghoul..oh its dead

Oh hey a legionaire.. oh its dead

Oh fuck a Radscorpion!..phew its dead.

mother fucker's saved me on some serious ammo :D
    Boone is pretty godlike.

My only concern is that he's stunting my growth on the weapon kill perks.

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    So... I'm still using a footlocker in an abandoned radio station as my "home base." I hope that shit doesn't go poof on me. Heh. I need a home! Atleast, something worth carting all my crap up to.

I pretty much flipped the main quest the bird and have started heavily repping up with the NCR faction. So far I love it so much more than following around that suit wearing clown. Still haven't hit Vegas, but with 9 luck I should be in for good times :) .

Question- How does enemy leveling work? Also, do lockers and such spawn with better weapons and armor as you level up, or is it all pretty static? I'm level 13 right now, and my shit is getting progressively better, but that might be because I went AWOL from the main quest and am running around the wastes finding all manner of crazy things. Including random people's heads. o.0

So far as companions, I made my guy to be the lone wetworks sniper type. I don't use them and I don't miss them. The last thing an assassin needs is a goddamn robot running around screaming "HOWDY PARTNER!" when you're trying to line up a headshot.

One question though for companions- Do you get perks for recruiting them? Could I recruit some dudes and then fire them right after and keep the perks?

Derrick on
    Steam and CFN: Enexemander
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Also, I'm a smarty smarty smart pants!

The quest that Manny in Novac gives you
    So they needed Isotope to launch the rockets. I remembered picked the lock on the door behind that t-rex gift shop guys back and there were all these little toy rockets that gave off alot of rads. So I went back and asked him about them instead of going to the place Chris mentioned. Even though I picked the lock, I still bought the gey to the rockets because Im a goody goody. Picked up a few of them "Objective Complete" Major PR gaffe for RobCo though, they gave those rockets out on tours of their facility but kids thought they were Nuka Cola and drank em getting "the shakes".

:D

Skull2185 on
    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    JohnOrangePeelJohnOrangePeel Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I'm getting audio lag issues and poorer performance than FO3. Should I,

- Download that dll fix?

- Patch the game?

- Both of the above?

- Something else?

JohnOrangePeel on
  • Options
    ShogunShogun Hair long; money long; me and broke wizards we don't get along Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Can anyone tell me where to score some good armor? I'm at the strip and I've checked in every various place I know of. I'm still using leather armor and its lame and ugly. I would even settle for something that just looked good.

Shogun on
  • Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    repair kit
    duct tape (1)
    scrap electronics (1)
    Scrap metal (3)
    wonderglue (2)
    Wrench (2)

Can't remember the level of skill you need to make it. 40 maybe?

EDIT: Does a higher level of repair make the kits fix weapons more or is it a set amount?

jefe414 on
    Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I'm getting audio lag issues and poorer performance than FO3. Should I,

- Download that dll fix?

- Patch the game?

- Both of the above?

- Something else?

Use the dll fix. You won't regret it.

Xenogear_0001 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    When I saw the option to do so, I was pretty sure that digging up graves in Goodsprings would score me some major karma/reputation losses...but it didn't.
    Apparently they really hate their dead relatives or whatever.

The loot in the graves is awful though.

Maz- on
    Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    BoredGamerBoredGamer Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Jesus christ is there a doctor in primm?

My leg is fucked.

BoredGamer on
  • Options
    AyulinAyulin Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Suriko wrote: »
    The fix for mouse smoothing on PC should probably go in the OP.
    Cabezone wrote:
    This is works in both Fallout and Fallout NV

open up FalloutPrefs.ini and search for controls at the end of the controls section, add the lines:

fForegroundMouseAccelBase=0
    fForegroundMouseAccelTop=0
    fForegroundMouseBase=0
    fForegroundMouseMult=0

Also, the Steam Cloud fixes should be too.

So, um... where exactly is FalloutPrefs.ini? I can't find it in the game folder in Steam, anywhere in My Documents, or in AppData.

EDIT: Well hey, this game actually uses the My Games folder. Found it.

Ayulin on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    YallYall Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    So I'm level 7 and attempting the Nightkin quest. Am I not ready for this? Because they keep kicking my ass.
    Is there any way to actually see them or force them out of stealth boy mode? Half of my problem is that I can't target them.

Yall on
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Yeah that is one of the first lessons you won't always be able to fight something:
    You can avoid combat with them if you explore and bit and look for a blue NPC icon. Plus it shits lots of stealth boys

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    JintorJintor Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Goddamnit.

Minor unquest spoiler (as in, it's a request not marked in your quest diary, just a note in your misc) for the NCR Airport base
    Stupid goddamn kitchen machine. I spent 3 days over the course of a tonne of other quests collecting that stuff, and now you tell me i don't have all the equipment? I double, triple, quadruple checked the list for you! I have all that shit! Goddamn machine!

Luckily it's not like i need NCR fame

Jintor on
  • Options
    zerg rushzerg rush Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Forestd wrote: »
    Draper wrote: »
    Also, everyone needs to get the depth of field mod, makes the game so much prettier.

Where did you find this? New Vegas Nexus is giving me nothing.

Quoting this cuz I can't find it either. Googling 'Fallout New Vegas Depth of Field mod' gives this page as the top hit.

I'm also pretty stoked for some of the mods I've downloaded. It's way too late to play tonight, but being able to also spend VATS to activate bullet-time? Yes please! (I just hope the mod works right.)

zerg rush on
  • Options
    SchwhatSchwhat Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Aegeri wrote: »
    I am enjoying this game.

Right over "Meeting people" magazine in my inventory is "Human Remains". This amuses me much more than it should.

Does anything actually happen if someone views you eating someone else?

I ate a Khan right in front of like 5 NCR dudes and nothing happened

Khans are chinese, right? Why would you do that? You'll be hungry in an hour later. :winky:

Also what is the difference between
    Miss Fortune and Mysterious Stranger perk

Schwhat on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Whoa.

New Vegas Medical Clinic
    I can buy upgrades? That cap scrounger perk isn't looking so bad all of a sudden.

OptimusZed on

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Yeah that is one of the first lessons you won't always be able to fight something:
    You can avoid combat with them if you explore and bit and look for a blue NPC icon. Plus it shits lots of stealth boys

Psh. I was level 3. Lure em out, throw a zilion frag mines!

Victory for all.

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Merc Grenade Launcher... when you absolutely must kill every mother fucker in the room.

I'll be sad when I run out of ammo for this thing.

Beltaine on
    XdDBi4F.jpg
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    i stole their clubs and much fun was had

tyrannus on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Beltaine wrote: »
    Merc Grenade Launcher... when you absolutely must kill every mother fucker in the room.

I'll be sad when I run out of ammo for this thing.
    Make more!

I just found C4. Now to find some poor slob to use it on.

OptimusZed on

• Options
    ArchonexArchonex No hard feelings, right? Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Is there somewhere where I can buy fancy clothes that aren't dirty, like in FO3?

I want to look like a suave motherfucker while i'm blowing people away with my grenade launcher.

Archonex on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    zerg rush wrote: »
    Forestd wrote: »
    Draper wrote: »
    Also, everyone needs to get the depth of field mod, makes the game so much prettier.

Where did you find this? New Vegas Nexus is giving me nothing.

Quoting this cuz I can't find it either. Googling 'Fallout New Vegas Depth of Field mod' gives this page as the top hit.

I'm also pretty stoked for some of the mods I've downloaded. It's way too late to play tonight, but being able to also spend VATS to activate bullet-time? Yes please! (I just hope the mod works right.)

You can change several things about it, including how much AP it eats. You can set that to 'none' if you so desire.

I'm not sure how to bind the activate bullet time feature, though. The non-FOSE version, which is the only one available, is pretty vague about how that might work, and I didn't see it anywhere in the comments. Consequently, I had to pull up my Pip-Boy every time I wanted some sweet slow motion action.

It also stops working after a cinematic kill until you bring up your Pip-Boy again. Hopefully this gets fixed, since this mod has the potential to be awesome.

EDIT: The depth of field mod is not all that impressive. There's a performance hit from what I saw, and it just makes things blurry. Makes the binoculars even more useless.

Xenogear_0001 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SzechuanSzechuan Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Massive spoilers after you eventually recover the courier's package and learn what its function is.
    Specifically post-Weather Station...
    Holy fucking shit I just fucking crucified Matthew Perry! Once shit dies down I vote the thread title to be "Fallout: NV, voted best Matthew Perry Crucifixion Simulator of 2010!"

Otherwise, the game is buggy [360 version] but the sheer amount of content is leaps and bounds above FO3.

Help/commentary for anyone having trouble with Things That Go Boom(More spoilers. I've completed it.):
    Did anyone else find the buyable instructions totally useless? Invisible walls keep you from approaching the train tunnel from the south, and entering any buildings kills you in seconds. I punched that fucker's arm off and stole his caps when I realized that following his guide gets you killed. Just hug the cliffs on the West side. The mortars fall in groups of 7 or so. Once you are within running distance of the fence, get to it. They won't fire after that.

Szechuan on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Oh Jebus. I just hit the weapons mod motherload.
    Gun Runner store outside new Vegas. It literally has a dozen or so mods in it.

OptimusZed on

• Options
    edited October 2010
    I have made it my entire characters goal to exterminate every powder ganger in existence from the face of New Vegas.

Edit: All of them must die.

Aegeri on
  • Options
    ArchonexArchonex No hard feelings, right? Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Szechuan wrote: »
    Massive spoilers after you eventually recover the courier's package and learn what its function is.
    Specifically post-Weather Station...
    Holy fucking shit I just fucking crucified Matthew Perry! Once shit dies down I vote the thread title to be "Fallout: NV, voted best Matthew Perry Crucifixion Simulator of 2010!"

Otherwise, the game is buggy [360 version] but the sheer amount of content is leaps and bounds above FO3.

Help/commentary for anyone having trouble with Things That Go Boom(More spoilers. I've completed it.):
    Did anyone else find the buyable instructions totally useless? Invisible walls keep you from approaching the train tunnel from the south, and entering any buildings kills you in seconds. I punched that fucker's arm off and stole his caps when I realized that following his guide gets you killed. Just hug the cliffs on the West side. The mortars fall in groups of 7 or so. Once you are within running distance of the fence, get to it. They won't fire after that.

Alternatively
    Just have a high agility and run straight to the entrance, being mindful of cars that could blow up. It's entirely possible to outrun the mortar strikes if you're fast enough.

I'm not sure if the reaction is different if you do it sneakily, but they bring out a guy carrying a rocket launcher and point it at you point blank if you do it that way. One of the dialog options has them say that "they won't miss this time!", ignoring the fact that the guards would get blown away too. The Boomers aren't the brightest people in the wasteland, it seems.

Archonex on
  • Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Anyone else get a game update when they fired this up on the 360 this morning?

Capt Howdy on
    Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I have made it my entire characters goal to exterminate every powder ganger in existence from the face of New Vegas.

Seriously. If my first interaction with a faction is one of their members giving me shit, you'd best believe I'm unloading with the lever action.

Docshifty on
  • Options
    ImperiusVImperiusV Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I have a question. Perhaps this is important enough to be listed in some OP. What items should I be on the lookout for and keep?

For example, in Fallout 3, you shouldn't vendor or ignore Quantums, pre-war books, Brotherhood tags, or mini-nukes. Are there items of that sort in New Vegas?

ImperiusV on
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Capt Howdy wrote: »
    Anyone else get a game update when they fired this up on the 360 this morning?

Yup. Seemed way to quick to be the big patch.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Torso BoyTorso Boy Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Where can I find a Legion representative so I can start working for these guys? I want to side with them, but anytime I go looking for their base (out east, I'm assuming), I run into hostile grunts who force me to kill them, thus ruining my reputation.

Torso Boy on
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Docshifty wrote: »

Seriously. If my first interaction with a faction is one of their members giving me shit, you'd best believe I'm unloading with the lever action.

When I first saw them in my travels I was like 'Oh, these are the assholes I've been hearing about.'

Then they died in one shot to the chest and I was lost for words.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    YallYall Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Docshifty wrote: »

When I first saw them in my travels I was like 'Oh, these are the assholes I've been hearing about.'

Then they died in one shot to the chest and I was lost for words.

Regarding the quests from Eddie:
    I did all of them, and then at the last minute betrayed him with NCR. He was an asshole anyway, and I hate those murderous powder gangers.

At any rate, rolling in with the NCR is great, because there are tons of corpses and loot afterward. It was funny that the ex-sheriff didn't seem to care about any of it, but I was sad to have to kill the doctor.

Yall on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    What does the 360 update do for NV?

Aegeri on
  • Options
    JintorJintor Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Hot damn. ED-D's companion quest is bugged if you do Rex's companion quest first, since they share an NPC plotlink and Rex's apparently override's ED-D's.

Jintor on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    In my game, Eddie is now spread out in several pieces across the courtyard of the prison, along with the rest of his buddies.

Beltaine on
    XdDBi4F.jpg
  • Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    BoredGamer wrote: »
    Jesus christ is there a doctor in primm?

My leg is fucked.

You can fast travel with a crippled limb (I do it all the time - apparently I'm attracted to FUCKING LAND MINES like a dog to antifreeze).

EDIT: What level is the strong back/pack mule whatever the perk is that allows an extra 30-40 lbs. of cargo? I NEED more capacity. Also, is it me or is finding useful plants ridiculously rare? Damn you prickly pears and white nettle things.

Really reminds me of Red Dead Redemption. "Come here you little beauty".

jefe414 on
    Xbox Live: Jefe414