As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

ROCK BAND: Old thread.

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Damn, Bohemian Rhapsody. Admittedly the music video stuff in Guitar Hero is enticing.. but the actual keyboard playing is awesome.

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    ... There's a DS version of this? Do I finally get to try amplitude?

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • EndaroEndaro Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Reading the article, it seems they're talking about the Mustang. But poor writing muddies the issue.
    But, ultimately, the Pro Guitar is kind of dumb. If you're going to pay this much for a fake guitar with buttons that make it hard to slide your fingers on, why not spend a little more and buy the real thing? You're just upgrading from one guitar with plastic buttons to another guitar with way more plastic buttons.

A full-stringed guitar is in the works but won't be available at launch. Though Pro Guitar totally changes how you play Rock Band 3, and is brilliant in its implementation, buying it isn't going to get you groupies (why else would you learn guitar?). Get the real deal at this point. Stop living your rock fantasies through cheap plastic toys.

I know it's IGN and all, but selective quoting is the bane of free information. You really have to provide context.

Goddamn people, do you just ignore Santa's posts whole hog now? Sure you might not be interested in Sissyfuss but that's a bit much... Someone posts a quote of a review with Foxnews levels of out of context reporting, and we get a page and a half outrage? Despite someone pointing out the review was actually saying the very useful "The Mustang isn't that great, save up and get the squier instead"? That wasn't exactly an rare opinion in other reviews.

I also shouldn't have to point out that differing reviews is a good thing and a sign of a more mature medium. There should be wide ranges of reviews from people with subjective views, people should be able to find reviewers that match their own tastes. What would be the use of 30 identical reviews? Don't let RB fanaticism cause you anger at disparaging reviews, be glad for the alternate opinion.

Endaro on
    edited October 2010
    I stand by my opinions of Hilary. The man has no journalistic objectivism or, IMO, integrity. You can trace that back to 2001 when he got hired by IGN, or at least started posting publicly.

Athenor on
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Updates from HMXHenry:
    PS3 export code won't work until Sony pushes export live in their store. Last I was told was around 4pm on 10/26.
    For everyone asking about RockBand.com: it won't be up tonight, or early tomorrow. Web Team needs to sleep! But it should be up tomorrow.

Installing mine now.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2010
    from scorehero:
    Picked up the Wii version. The Rock Band 2 import is available by going to "Redeem Code" and selecting "Previously Redeemed Codes". It doesn't seem to require you to actually own Rock Band 2 at all, it just costs 1000 Wii Points.

I didn't go through the whole list to see what didn't export, but there are 70 songs downloading now, so there are 14 missing. I specifically checked for Spoonman and Give It Away and neither were there, which sucks for anyone who bought the BSSM pack.

FyreWulff on
    edited October 2010
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    from scorehero:
    Picked up the Wii version. The Rock Band 2 import is available by going to "Redeem Code" and selecting "Previously Redeemed Codes". It doesn't seem to require you to actually own Rock Band 2 at all, it just costs 1000 Wii Points.

I didn't go through the whole list to see what didn't export, but there are 70 songs downloading now, so there are 14 missing. I specifically checked for Spoonman and Give It Away and neither were there, which sucks for anyone who bought the BSSM pack.

fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Endaro on
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I can haz Rock Band 3 and Keyboard bundle.

The Gamestop I picked it up at also had some pro-cymbals in stock so I picked up the three of them as well. Sadly, due to sound issues I won't be putting those through their paces till tomorrow/later today.

The game is installing to my 360's hard-drive as we speak, my excitement is palpable, one might even say tumescent.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
    edited October 2010
    Fun facts:

In the intro, I think you can see one of the cars loaded with band members from the intros to RB1 and RB2 go whizzing by at the start.

Calibrating your system will get you a cheevo... and 59 fans. :P

cloudeagle on
  • Homestar GunnerHomestar Gunner Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Also from Scorehero: VISIONS DOES NOT EXPORT

and there was much rejoicing

Homestar Gunner on
    edited October 2010
    According to someone on DLC Quickplay, none of the Harmonix songs export from RB2.

Which means Visions is not exporting.

Which would also make up a good chunk of the "Missing 14" then.

FyreWulff on
    edited October 2010
    Can you link the thread so we can follow?

Endaro on
    edited October 2010
    Endaro wrote: »
    Can you link the thread so we can follow?

http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30463&start=7350

post-release talk starts on that page

Homestar Gunner on
    edited October 2010
    I'm trying to find it. Scorehero and DLCQP are shitting out on me, though (expected).

For the record, if HMX does not export, that accounts for 9 of the missing 14:

Welcome to the Neighborhood
    Conventional Lover
    A Jagged Gorgeous Winter
    Supreme Girl
    Night Lies
    Rob the Prez-O-Dent
    Get Clean
    Shoulder to the Plow
    Visions

Which means we have to fill 5 slots, two of which are
    Give It Away
    Spoonman

3 possible leftovers could be:
    Let There Be Rock
    Battery
    ... and fuck if I could guess.

FyreWulff on
  • DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Supreme Girl, noooooooo

Dehumanized on
  • YardGnomeYardGnome Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    No Rob the Prez-O-Dent? That was one of my favorite songs in the game. :(

YardGnome on
    edited October 2010
    3 possible leftovers could be:
    Let There Be Rock
    Battery
    ... and fuck if I could guess.

It's Any Way You Want It

Homestar Gunner on
    edited October 2010
    Yep, just read that. That's.. weird. But okay!

Final (?) Not Exporting List:

Conventional Lover
    A Jagged Gorgeous Winter
    Supreme Girl
    Night Lies
    Rob the Prez-O-Dent
    Get Clean
    Shoulder to the Plow
    Visions

Let There Be Rock
    Battery
    Spoonman
    Give It Away
    Any Way You Want It

FyreWulff on
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Conventional Lover and A Jagged Gorgeous Winter are gone? D:

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
    edited October 2010
    Somebody on Scorehero proposed the idea that they may be updating the HMX songs for RBN, which seems logical. Why else would they have "licensing issues" with their own music? :P

Homestar Gunner on
    edited October 2010
    That's what I would assume. They'll go back and re-release them via RBN, or could even have a free pack for RB3 later down the road. Since it's their own songs, they have all the time in the world to deal with them.

FyreWulff on
    edited October 2010
    http://kaini.net/RB2Export.jpg

Wait, I guess it's a download.

... in theory, if they had to cut down the size of that pack to please MS/Sony/Nintendo, cutting all your own songs would be an easy decision to make to reduce it.

FyreWulff on
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    http://kaini.net/RB2Export.jpg

Wait, I guess it's a download.

... in theory, if they had to cut down the size of that pack to please MS/Sony/Nintendo, cutting all your own songs would be an easy decision to make to reduce it.

LAME

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Well, this won't last long.

imag0045q.jpg

vagrant_winds on
  • Sir PlatypusSir Platypus Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Have any specific reasons been given for the non Harmonix tracks that didn't cross over?

I'm guessing Let There Be Rock is just AClightningboltDC being foolish, but have any bands decided to ditch Rock Band or sign anything with GH?

I am a bit bummed about a couple of those songs, especially considering I figured Harmonix would have this kind of stuff worked out when they were dealing with having Rock Band 1 export.

Sir Platypus on
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Wait, Any Way You Want It is one of the ones that doesn't export?

FUCKING SHITBALLS.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
    edited October 2010
    The 360 Statuses are lot better in RB3

A Mad Tea Party - Singing
    Kor of Memory - Playing Pro Keys

instead of just the song name.

FyreWulff on
  • Feels Good ManFeels Good Man Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    Wait, Any Way You Want It is one of the ones that doesn't export?

FUCKING SHITBALLS.

noooooooooooooo

Feels Good Man on
  • Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Only one band name? BOOOOOO. DON'T MAKE ME CHOOSE, HARMONIX

Sigh, guess it'll only be The Tuckers feat. Ray Finkle in RB3. And just as 70s supercop supergroup Credits To The Force were building up steam...

Also BOOOOOOOO to less Journey in RB3.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Especially with keyboards.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Especially with keyboards.

Yes. I am now choosing to believe that the only reason it doesn't export is because it will come out later with keyboard support.

Because this is the only acceptable option.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • KazakaKazaka Asleep Counting SheepRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    WHOA WHOA WHOA HOW DID THIS FLY UNDER MY RADAR FUUUUUUCK

Kazaka on
  • Sir PlatypusSir Platypus Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    All of the songs that didn't export are going to come back for free with keyboard support.

Of course it was a wish on a monkey's paw, so it will only support keyboards. The keyboards will be charted to the drum parts. Also it is actually just Visions 14 times.

Sir Platypus on
    edited October 2010
    Final Had Them Once but Have No Longer List:

Conventional Lover
    A Jagged Gorgeous Winter
    Supreme Girl
    Night Lies
    Rob the Prez-O-Dent
    Get Clean
    Shoulder to the Plow
    Visions

Let There Be Rock
    Battery
    Spoonman
    Give It Away
    Black Hole Sun
    Dani California
    Any Way You Want It
    Paranoid (cover)
    Run To the Hills (Cover)
    Enter Sandman

Worse than I expected, and honestly disappointing. I was under the impression they had figured this out when licensing RB2 songs so we wouldn't lose any this time around, but most shocking is losing the two songs we already transferred from RB1, which is practically DLC. What was the export fee for, specifically RB1 to RB2 only? As minuscule an amount as it is, that's two songs we've payed for twice that we still can't play on their music platform theory.

Will we be able to lose DLC some day? Old DLC not loading in RB5, etc? Will this same crap happen in a couple of years when even more drop off for RB4? Will they have at least planned ahead this time when they re-licensed RB2/licensed RB3?

Endaro on
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    No, the fuck you to the crowd will be all nine of the HMX songs will be re-released in a Pro compatible format...in a single file...and you can't vote down any of them.

Santa Claustrophobia on
    edited October 2010
    DLC is licensed differently than disc songs, and the only DLC that doesn't work in 3 is glitched and has malformed metadata.

FyreWulff on
    edited October 2010
    Eh, that's not too bad, all things considering.

And if you really want Let There Be Rock, there's a live version on the AC/DC list.

cloudeagle on
    edited October 2010
    Any PS3 players have it and want to play with me? :P

vagrant_winds on
    edited October 2010
    cloudeagle wrote: »

And if you really want Let There Be Rock, there's a live version on the AC/DC list.

Why anyone would want that song, especially the ten-minute arm-killing live version is beyond me.

Homestar Gunner on
    edited October 2010
    cloudeagle wrote: »

Studio version is better, if only because there's less guitar wank in the solos. Though most people give a shit because it isn't Bon Scott on vocals.

Really, except for the semi-weird exclusion of HMX songs (which, oddly, are also 'missing' from the RB3 list), the [strike]export[/strike] import turned out a bit better than expected. Still and all... A fucking import? What the fuck is up with their design plan?

Santa Claustrophobia on