Options

[Phalla] Phalpha Centauri - Game Over! Transcendence Victory!

1293031323335»

• Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Capfalcon wrote: »
    MoneyMoneyMoney

So, we weren't too organized with the abilities. I didn't know who anyone was aside from the CEO.

Overall, I had fun with it. Good game, Darius.

From Morganites day 5:
    All our votes count as 2 votes. I'm assuming mine still counts as 3.

Which, of course, is why you needed to die.

@godmode: sorry about not getting in touch with you after the contact with ahava, but you couldn't win with our bros, the Gaians. We weren't feeling up to that much deception this game.

Darian on
  • Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Hahaha! Victory even death! Truly my city was auspiciously named!

Seriously though, crazy go nuts game. I wish my faction had had more communication in the beginning. I PM'd everyone but got pretty much no replies until the next day. Glad to see the super-faction pulled together.

Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Phyphor wrote: »
    I liked it, but then I like all things SMAC.

The last minute actions are hilarious though. My computer had self-adjusted its time, so I posted the REG reveal an hour early by mistake (didn't know they had a guard). So, a few minutes after that I deleted it, but 3clipse saw it and roleblocked him. And since Mortal Sky revealed as believer I randomly switched my target to TT... who happened to be the guard target of Reg...

I missed this entirely. Like I didn't see it nor did I hear about it later...aside from that rediculous STOPPING MY GUARD YOU SILLY GOOSE. :P

Well played, that turn of events did make me laugh quite a bit.

Read our boards, see how I didn't know I was Diedre until day 2 or 3 :D

REG Rysk on
  • Options
    Abysmal LynxAbysmal Lynx Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    This was a really good game. It also helps that I got the ending I wanted. I wasn't sure if their was a Transcendence victory, but I heavily suspected it. That's why I made that post about getting in contact with the Gaians. I figured that if their was a Transcendence victory condition, the Gaians where probably the most likely people to hold the keys. I was wrong on that, but right on the ending, so all's well that ends well. Also, I'm glad the University also won, as their my second favorite faction after the Gaians.

I was actually going to contact the Gaians, but in all honesty I hadn't at all up until the day I got voted out and the tied didn't turn on me until after I went to sleep. By the time I woke up, I was already dead.

It wouldn't have done any good in hindsight, but I like thinking about, and sometimes attempting weird angles.

Abysmal Lynx on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Alegis wrote: »
    What would happen after a transcendent fail? No one wins at all or only mind worms? When would they have lost, only if phyphor was vigged?

gg all. Thanks for hosting Daius, great game. Very volatile in taste but it had the sweet faction goodness.

If only wildcat took potshots at 3clipse earlier or we figured out spoit's ability sooner so we could have prevent rysk's guard getting roleblocked and saved the hive.

opening up the proboards
    Well, everyone seemed to prefer that I probe the unknowns list instead of actually gunning for Believers. Unfortunate for the Hive, but still. Bear in mind I was a midgame replacement, so presumably the University got no kills on Days 1 and 2.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    CrumbleCrumble Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I suppose it's epic reveal time. I was infact...
    We are all aware that the senses can be deceived, the eyes fooled. But how can we be sure our senses are not being deceived at any particular time, or even all the time? Might I just be a brain in a tank somewhere, tricked all my life into believing in the events of this world by some insane computer? And does my life gain or lose meaning based on my reaction to such solipsism?

Project PYRRHO, Specimen 46, Vat 7
    Activity Recorded M.Y. 2302.22467
    TERMINATION OF SPECIMEN ADVISED

You feel vengeful. You once believed yourself to be a person. You had a life, a family, happiness. A recent malfunction has caused you to awaken and see; you are Project PYRRHO, a brain in a vat in some lab.

You reach into the computer you are linked to and pull up the Datlalinks.

Planetbusters? If you are not allowed to live a life, then maybe this lab and this city should crumble around you in one final act of revenge.

You will win if you successfully manage to get voted off and have your city destroyed by a Planetbuster missile. If you are killed in any other way, or survive to the end of the game, you have failed.

The village idiot. I appologise to Alegis for misleading you, but I was desperate for the vote, but the network's methodical process was my undoing in the end anyway.

Why is it that when I'm just a villager or special I am suspicious and get votes, but when I'm trying to play suspicious I manage to see out the game??

*sigh*

Crumble on
  • Options
    ronrabronrab Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Being suspicious is very suspicious, Crumble.

ronrab on
  • Options
    BremenBremen Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Making that little tidbit into a role is awesome :P

Bremen on
  • Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    REG Rysk wrote: »

The last minute actions are hilarious though. My computer had self-adjusted its time, so I posted the REG reveal an hour early by mistake (didn't know they had a guard). So, a few minutes after that I deleted it, but 3clipse saw it and roleblocked him. And since Mortal Sky revealed as believer I randomly switched my target to TT... who happened to be the guard target of Reg...

I missed this entirely. Like I didn't see it nor did I hear about it later...aside from that rediculous STOPPING MY GUARD YOU SILLY GOOSE. :P

Well played, that turn of events did make me laugh quite a bit.

Read our boards, see how I didn't know I was Diedre until day 2 or 3 :D

Yay I managed to do something for once in a phalla

Mortal Sky on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Crumble wrote: »
    I suppose it's epic reveal time. I was infact...
    We are all aware that the senses can be deceived, the eyes fooled. But how can we be sure our senses are not being deceived at any particular time, or even all the time? Might I just be a brain in a tank somewhere, tricked all my life into believing in the events of this world by some insane computer? And does my life gain or lose meaning based on my reaction to such solipsism?

Project PYRRHO, Specimen 46, Vat 7
    Activity Recorded M.Y. 2302.22467
    TERMINATION OF SPECIMEN ADVISED

You feel vengeful. You once believed yourself to be a person. You had a life, a family, happiness. A recent malfunction has caused you to awaken and see; you are Project PYRRHO, a brain in a vat in some lab.

You reach into the computer you are linked to and pull up the Datlalinks.

Planetbusters? If you are not allowed to live a life, then maybe this lab and this city should crumble around you in one final act of revenge.

You will win if you successfully manage to get voted off and have your city destroyed by a Planetbuster missile. If you are killed in any other way, or survive to the end of the game, you have failed.

The village idiot. I appologise to Alegis for misleading you, but I was desperate for the vote, but the network's methodical process was my undoing in the end anyway.

Why is it that when I'm just a villager or special I am suspicious and get votes, but when I'm trying to play suspicious I manage to see out the game??

*sigh*

Aha, I thought that was your role.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    DaiusDaius Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Crumble and Teucrian's Roles are indicative of most of the roles I removed to cut down on player numbers. Originally I had quite a few more roles based off of characters from single quotes like Baxton and PYRRHO, in addition to the Alien factions from SMAX.

God, I dread to think how this game would have gone if the aliens had stayed in.

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
  • Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Oh man, and to think we almost had a Crumble wagon going when T_A and I died. Who would've thought? That was well-played, sir.

There are two things that have been bugging me:
    A) Who vigged me?
    B) Why did you vig me?

godmode on
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Victory!

I'd like to think my ignominious death was all part of a brilliant plan.
    3clipse wrote: »
    My faction was fucking painfully inactive.

It felt like I was the only one doing shit most of the time. Nodgarb was pretty active I guess, but the rest...damn.

Arivia hasn't even been in here in days.

Ha. I am still unapproved on the University Proboards and our leader didn't do anything for the first couple days.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    godmode wrote: »
    Oh man, and to think we almost had a Crumble wagon going when T_A and I died. Who would've thought? That was well-played, sir.

There are two things that have been bugging me:
    A) Who vigged me?
    B) Why did you vig me?

A) Me.
    B) Because you were Believer scum.

( <3 )

Wildcat on
  • Options
    Cynic JesterCynic Jester Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Darian wrote: »
    Capfalcon wrote: »
    MoneyMoneyMoney

So, we weren't too organized with the abilities. I didn't know who anyone was aside from the CEO.

Overall, I had fun with it. Good game, Darius.

From Morganites day 5:

@godmode: sorry about not getting in touch with you after the contact with ahava, but you couldn't win with our bros, the Gaians. We weren't feeling up to that much deception this game.

So how did you single me out? Blind luck?

Cynic Jester on
  • Options
    Stew_StickStew_Stick Dinner UKRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    A big fat no u to whoever killed me day 1.

Also are we sure every faction had needlejets, a seer, guard and leader ability.

We (Peacekeepers) definitely had a guard (me) and a leader ability (Daniant) but none of the other guys said anything about needlejets or seering. D:

Stew_Stick on
  • Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    From Morganites day 5:

So how did you single me out? Blind luck?

No, we kept putting a rover on kime to see who he was targetting. He chose a faction each night, targeted their leader, then duplicated that power for the next day.

@Stew_Stick: Yep, I'm sure on that. All the laws we kept passing dealt with them, and faction balance depended on it. Grudge your teammates.

Darian on
  • Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Yeah, kime being revealed publicly and knowing how his ability worked made finding faction leaders SUPER easy.

REG Rysk on
  • Options
    KiasKias Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Thanks for running, this game was good times! It's always nice having people to work with you know are in the clear right from the start, though that does make it a lot harder on the mafia types.

The whole "turned death miller" thing had me so confused though. I went back and immediately re-read my PM wondering if I had just missed the part where it said mind worm :p

Kias on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    daniantdaniant Columbus, OhioRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Stew_Stick wrote: »

Also are we sure every faction had needlejets, a seer, guard and leader ability.

We (Peacekeepers) definitely had a guard (me) and a leader ability (Daniant) but none of the other guys said anything about needlejets or seering. D:

Yeah, I feel like we were pretty useless (to ourselves) as a faction. With no kills and no guard (after day 1). I also feel like my power helped get Alegis's group a victory. Also, who vigged me and destroyed our faction?

daniant on
  • Options
    CrumbleCrumble Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Here is the PM I sent to Alegis to try and get the network to vote me out...
    OK, I was trying to do this naturally, but it's getting towards endgame.

I am a brain in a jar, I have no win conditions on my own.

If I die to the vote then I am able to infiltrate the Planet wide network and grant 2 randomly generated beneficial abilities to the faction of my choice. I am then attached to that faction for the purposes of winning the game, if they win, then I win, if they are eliminated then I lose.

I was trying to lay low because I was enjoying the game, yesterday I decided to make my move and tried to set up the vote. Your faction seems to be in a good position, so if you can get me voted off (the planetbuster thing would have been good because I could have just been setup to get the second place vote and my ability would still have worked) I will tie myself to your faction and hopefully ride on your coat-tails to victory.

I tried to think up a role that would be interesting enough in itself so that it may be explored by the faction, but kinda fit into the way the game was working. I was unsure if there was some rule about creating fake roles, but I decided to take the chance.

Crumble on
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    daniant wrote: »
    Stew_Stick wrote: »

Yeah, I feel like we were pretty useless (to ourselves) as a faction. With no kills and no guard (after day 1). I also feel like my power helped get Alegis's group a victory. Also, who vigged me and destroyed our faction?

You got mafia killed, so me

Phyphor on
  • Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I was unsure if there was some rule about creating fake roles, but I decided to take the chance.

Fake roles are a well respected Phalla tradition. If you fall for a fake reveal, you have no one but yourself to blame.

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I am the Goltana Knight!

Wildcat on
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Daius wrote: »
    I will admit that the mechanics for this game were very volatile and, as such, not very popular (The leader elimination mechanic in particular, which was my attempt to try and make things work a little more like they would in the original game).. However I reckon things turned out pretty okay.[/COLOR][/B]

I think it worked out alright, made specific strikes with info behind them that much more powerful and gave the mafia a fighting chance. A little bit more leader protection (extra auto-guard maybe?) might have made it better.

Although we abused it by recon rovering kime every night (his ability worked by copying leaders, so we learned the name of cynic jester that way) and then put in a targeted strike.

whattttttttttttttttttt

god damn it

Alegis on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Here is the PM I sent to Alegis to try and get the network to vote me out...
    OK, I was trying to do this naturally, but it's getting towards endgame.

I am a brain in a jar, I have no win conditions on my own.

If I die to the vote then I am able to infiltrate the Planet wide network and grant 2 randomly generated beneficial abilities to the faction of my choice. I am then attached to that faction for the purposes of winning the game, if they win, then I win, if they are eliminated then I lose.

I was trying to lay low because I was enjoying the game, yesterday I decided to make my move and tried to set up the vote. Your faction seems to be in a good position, so if you can get me voted off (the planetbuster thing would have been good because I could have just been setup to get the second place vote and my ability would still have worked) I will tie myself to your faction and hopefully ride on your coat-tails to victory.

I tried to think up a role that would be interesting enough in itself so that it may be explored by the faction, but kinda fit into the way the game was working. I was unsure if there was some rule about creating fake roles, but I decided to take the chance.

Was a good idea to change it that way (and made sense) but even with beneficial abilities I wanted the mind worms out at all costs because of the leader weakness.

Feels odd to try so hard to vote out every single mind worm and then go for victory with them anyways. I didn't want reg rysk to get assassinated that night by some sort of shenanigans so went for the I WIN button

Alegis on
  • Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Dawww. It really sucked putting together the Super-Faction and being the List Updater and then dying, but I really enjoyed this game. Thanks Daius.
    I hate Roleblocks now.

Sir Fabulous on
    pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Well

I can say that I achieved my goal by my death at day one.

By the time I died, I had the Gaians, University, and Hive factioned together.

I had found a peacekeeper, a Believer, and I had gotten info on 2 neutrals.

All in a 'day'.

And 2 of my factioned teams the Gaians and the University won the game.

Also, I made some awesome looking proboards.

I am satisfied with my death.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Having gotten in touch with kime day one, we used action seers on him to identify the other leaders (he chose a faction, targeted their leader and took that power for the next day).

Hahaha that was brilliant, nice job.

Thanks for running Daius! I had a fun time :P. Good game, good job.

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Well

All in a 'day'.

But you can't do anything on day one!!!!1

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Infidel wrote: »
    Well

All in a 'day'.

But you can't do anything on day one!!!!1

oh.

Right.

everybody ignore everything I just said that I did on day one

Cause obviously I'm lying.

cause can't do anything on day one.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Duh.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    DaiusDaius Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Welp, guess that's everything. Despite all the energy this has taken out of me it's been a blast to host, and it's been a joy to revisit one of my favourite games (and now I can play it for purposes other than research again!). Gonna go on a bit of a Phalla break now, but I'll be back soon to try out hosting some more minis in order to up my hosting ability. Future minis may include :-

Layton Phalla
    A Gumpy/Daius collaboration Phalla
    Catch-22 Phalla
    And maybe an MGS Phalla?

Daius signing off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfnBPovxAMY

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Oh god, it's been years since I saw Leak Spin.

I had forgotten about that video.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Consider me reserved for the MGS phalla if it comes about. Thanks for the game Daius. :)

Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    great game daius, once again thanks for hosting. Unfortunately not a win with the hive :< We did our best - Pretty darn close.

Alegis on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Thanks very much for hosting Daius! And Darian for helping out.

Edit: and to jdarksun for dropping out heyooo

Wildcat on
  • Options
    KiasKias Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Now to scrounge up a copy of Alpha Centauri...

Kias on
    steam_sig.png