As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

2010 [chat]term Elections, or: Batman Was Right

• japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Tarranon wrote: »
    the main thing I remember about TMNT is how my mom suddenly decided I couldn't watch it anymore. Just completely out of the blue.

Something to do with the great TV nunchuck scare?

japan on
  • AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Organichu wrote: »
    Arivia wrote: »
    raaaaar feeling better woo

i'll poop in ur butt

yes you would try

because I am the hottest motherfucker on the whole damn block

but you can't

suck on that, xu

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited October 2010
    They were Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles in Europe, because ninjas are evil and scary.

Echo on
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2010
    Organichu on
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Renaissance art and modern graphic design are not really related. Also, a turtle in school? o_O

oh, by the way, I came up with a way to remember how to spell renaissance: one n because nascor has one and re has none (the original root words), two Ss because the c was converted, and an I because French is weird

yay rivs! also check out post 1207

I just pillage the correct spelling from Muslims. It seems like the most appropriate way.

moniker on
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    moniker wrote: »
    Tav wrote: »
    [chat], how do I write a CV

I've never had a job

halp :(

Actual CV or resume? Because they are very different.

I don't know the difference...?

That thing that I have and bring into places like McDonalds and Supervalu and they give me low paying temp work for Christmas....

That's a resume, then. CV's are mostly for when you've done a lot of shit and write down everything with your name on it. Mostly just for professors and people trying to be professors with, like, 9 pages of published works citations and research and shit.

Do you want it to be kind of fancy, or are you just aiming for [__]-monkey work where the effort isn't warranted?

Those are the American definitions.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Do you want it to be kind of fancy, or are you just aiming for [__]-monkey work where the effort isn't warranted?

I literally just want the bare minimum, mind numbing work to do so I have money for college and other such things. I've not eaten this week during the day because of a lack of money, so I figure that that needs fixing.

Tav on
    edited October 2010
    Renaissance art and modern graphic design are not really related. Also, a turtle in school? o_O

oh, by the way, I came up with a way to remember how to spell renaissance: one n because nascor has one and re has none (the original root words), two Ss because the c was converted, and an I because French is weird

I see your post 1207 and raise you whatever number this post is

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I loved that show so much when I was younger. I think I beat Turtles in Time like 5 to 10 times on my genesis. It is pretty awesome.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    the main thing I remember about TMNT is how my mom suddenly decided I couldn't watch it anymore. Just completely out of the blue.

She had to cut you off before the sexual tension between Krang and Shredder warped you irreparably.

Robos A Go Go on
    edited October 2010

She had to cut you off before the sexual tension between Krang and Shredder warped you irreparably.

and then before he tore his off joining it to the Shredder Squad (R)

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    There are French people in my house. Kissing people I don't know, especially children is something I can't get used to.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited October 2010

no I want someone to look at it with an objective eye and tell me if it is too much

Captain Carrot on
    edited October 2010

no I want someone to look at it with an objective eye and tell me if it is too much

how much i'd healed him seems weird, rephrase that, otherwise it's fine

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited October 2010

I literally just want the bare minimum, mind numbing work to do so I have money for college and other such things. I've not eaten this week during the day because of a lack of money, so I figure that that needs fixing.

If your food supply is afraid of the light that sounds like a good idea.

Echo on
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Krang and Shredder slept in the same room. I have this odd memory of this.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I got "merman" in online pictionary.

I'm fanservicing this up bigtime

Trying to doodle him all handsome, all pecs and abs and his merman tail. I hope my randomly-matched opponents appreciate my tiny labors of love.

desc on
    edited October 2010

Personal details
    Qualifications and grades with dates
    Previous work experience with dates and a brief summary of responsibilities
    References

Just type that out with a nice font and maybe bold the headings. That's all I've ever done for any job I've ever had, though to be fair after the first couple of grunt retail jobs I've been headhunted, applied via an agency, and personally referred.

japan on
    edited October 2010
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    There are French people in my house. Kissing people I don't know, especially children is something I can't get used to.

KISSES FOR MOJO
    BIG KISSES FOR MOJO
    FRENCH KISSES FOR MOJO
    ANAL SEX FOR MOJO

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Krang and Shredder slept in the same room. I have this odd memory of this.

Yeah, they slept in the same room in separate beds, just like a married couple in a 1950's sitcom.

They couldn't show you what was happening, but you still knew.

Robos A Go Go on
    edited October 2010

Then there should be templates in Word that you can fill out which would fit the bill. They mostly just have a couple sections. Start with your Education, then your Work Experience (most recent to oldest), Skills, and then a line saying 'References available upon request.' Since it's for shit work just keep it to a page.

Are you sure the places you're looking at don't have online applications where this is all mooted anyway?

moniker on
    edited October 2010

Well, bear in mind that she literally raised him from the dead. "I thought about how much I'd done nursing him to wellness" Better or worse?

Captain Carrot on
  • FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Nobody is even in lol : (

Frosteey on
  • TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    japan wrote: »

Something to do with the great TV nunchuck scare?

It wouldn't surprise me

Or maybe she read an article about the satanic influences in it

when it comes to being a terrified white suburbanite there are multiple ways you could approach this

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
    edited October 2010

Personal details
    References

Just type that out with a nice font and maybe bold the headings. That's all I've ever done for any job I've ever had, though to be fair after the first couple of grunt retail jobs I've been headhunted, applied via an agency, and personally referred.
    I'm kinda missing 3 and by extension 4. How would I get around that? :\

Tav on
    edited October 2010

Personal details
    References

Have you done any volunteer activities or something extracurricular which involved some form of responsibility? Even if that responsibility just meant not killing people with a hammer.

moniker on
  • FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Or maybe people are there but the thing is broken again : (

Frosteey on
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    oh god

tav tav TAV TAV

28.jpg

An oil painting of a mosh pit by Dan Witz.

desc on
    edited October 2010

Well, bear in mind that she literally raised him from the dead. "I thought about how much I'd done nursing him to wellness" Better or worse?

I have no idea what to think, then. Sorry!

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
    edited October 2010
    desc wrote: »
    oh god

tav tav TAV TAV

28.jpg

An oil painting of a mosh pit by Dan Witz.

amazing

Tav on
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2010
    frosteey i'll play with you if you haven't queued yet : (

Organichu on
    edited October 2010

Personal details
    References

Have you done any volunteer activities or something extracurricular which involved some form of responsibility? Even if that responsibility just meant not killing people with a hammer.

Not in the last 3 years or so. School REALLY took top priority for a while.

Tav on
    edited October 2010

Personal details
    References

What he said. I'd also skip the references if that's the case unless you're specifically asked for them.

It's probably worth trying a temp agency as well, if you can stand chopping and changing where you work and not being guaranteed consistent hours or income. Just make sure that you take everything they offer you at first, since if you're picky about it they'll just stop offering. It will suck in the short term, because that's kind of how agency employment works. The positives are that it's their job to convince employers to take you on, and they usually use some kind of aptitude testing as your "qualifications" rather than previous experience.

japan on
  • PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Carrot "nursing him back to health" is the phrasing I would use. Wellness is not a real word that real people use, in my experience.

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I am a wellspring of wellness

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
    edited October 2010
    I now have 26 characters: Paul, Cara, Rob, Karen, Liz, Jo, Tamara, Ray, Jay, John, Gus, Howie, Arnold, Anna, Sheila, Shane, Jamie, Laurie, Rick, Donald, Sandra, Joanna, Tom, Max, Jordan, and Tom's girlfriend. Plus a few who never appear on-screen, as it were. And I'll probably have about half a dozen more once I write the first circle scene in the third section. This is getting a little, I dunno, alarming? Meh, maybe it's just the way this goes sometimes.

Captain Carrot on
    edited October 2010
    Also temp agencies fucking love students, because they know that you're probably capable of using the average office software and are of sufficient intelligence that you can probably be trusted with as much as anyone ever expects of a temp.

japan on
    edited October 2010
    Right, there's an online form for one of the shops so I'm going to fill that out and hand that in. About a page of it is "previous employment", but I figure I can just leave it blank.

Tav on
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    [chat], how do I write a CV

I've never had a job

halp :(

Actual CV or resume? Because they are very different.

they're used interchangeably here

Casual Eddy on
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    also, I'm going to tell my boss (or the person who is stepping in as my boss for now as the tragic motherfuckers have spent like, four months on getting a new boss here) that I am quitting, this week

so I'll have all of december free

woo

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
This discussion has been closed.