As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Issue with InstallShield

BlutrasereiBlutraserei Registered User regular
I'm having some real trouble trying to install F.E.A.R. again for another playthrough. I keep getting an error: "-5006 : 0x8000ffff has occured while running the setup."

I have tried everything that Google searches come up with: clearing temp folders, deleting/renaming the InstallShield folder in Common Files, etc.

Is there anyone out there who has experienced this problem and fixed it? This isn't the first time it's happened either. It's happened with Hitman: Blood Money, and a few others.

Tttnl.jpg

Blutraserei on

• Options
    DOOMocratDOOMocrat Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Download the Ultimate Boot CD from www.ultimatebootcd.com, or if running Windows 7 Google how to run the onboard Windows Memory Diagnostic. If you keep getting CRC errors like that, there's a possibility you might have bad RAM. I would also run the hard drive diagnostic on that CD (manufacturer specific) while you're at it.

Sorry for the bad news. :/

DOOMocrat on
  • Options
    BlutrasereiBlutraserei Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    DOOMocrat wrote: »
    Download the Ultimate Boot CD from www.ultimatebootcd.com, or if running Windows 7 Google how to run the onboard Windows Memory Diagnostic. If you keep getting CRC errors like that, there's a possibility you might have bad RAM. I would also run the hard drive diagnostic on that CD (manufacturer specific) while you're at it.

Sorry for the bad news. :/

Fffffffuuuuucck. :x

Will do. Thanks for the suggestions. I'll get on it.

Blutraserei on
    Tttnl.jpg