As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Oh [chat]...

• Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Bama wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Passerbye wrote: »
    YES! Ha mother fuckers. Don't bring that weak ass shit against me. Some thieves attempted to take advantage of a power outage to hit a school that has a system I designed. Mother fuckers didn't think I'd have redundant power supplies in my design? Fuck you. Enjoy prison bitches. HA!

Yours sounds like a fun job.

It has it's moments.
    You should ask to be at their arraignment so you can break it down end-zone style.

Ahaha this is great

I can imagine Thom so excited in the courtroom

"Then look what these dumb fuckers do!"

Nocturne on
  • Options
    SmurphSmurph Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    Smurph wrote: »
    Hey arch, are you going to be in town this weekend? if so we should do stuff. if you're free.

this weekend i will be crying over my GRE score and then playing D&D

in that order

I may be up for stuff saturday night though; and i wanna hang out with you+teh wife

cool, I'll talk to you then and see what's going on. Hopefully I'll know what I'm doing by then.

Smurph on
  • Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    desc wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    From seeing all my alcohol-drinking friends experiencing it, gin is apparently disgusting and shouldn't be drunk.

That said, I've never had the stuff, nor will I ever, so I can't comment from personal experience.

Gin tastes like aftershave smells.

Gin is the best alcohol and should be thoroughly enjoyed with club soda and two wedges of lime. Fuck tonic. Tonic is for pussies and weirdos
    and commies

club soda? too sweet.

Fancy tonic all the way. In a G & T, it's nice and bitter. Just like life is bitter!

Though I definitely will give you tonic being more bitter, I think club soda can hardly be classified as "sweet".

Where's Arch? We will hate olives and drink gin together and none of you can join us. Unless you also hate olives and love gin. Then you can join us.

Sorry- was writing a [strike]love note to sheep[/strike] PMing sheep some recipes

are we hating gin and olives, and thus by inference, the classic martini here?

No we're hating on olives but we're loving gin.

Also I don't mind if people don't like the taste of gin. It's their right and I respect that right.

God, on the other hand, may have some issues with it.
    If you don't like gin you're going to hell

stevemarks44 on
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2010
    Organichu wrote: »
    some flavors are, for me, very tenuous. like, i can catch a note of a flavor in some dishes and love it- i'll feel like that slight note unifies everything, tastes fresh and pleasant, etc. but a tiny bit more, even only a quarter again as much, can make the dish totally inedible to me.

like coconut chicken. i fucking hate coconut, but a very light coconut chicken is great. a little bit more of it, though, and even the thought makes me want to vomit.

I used to make butter chicken pretty often. There was always something missing.

Then I started adding cilantro and that immediately brought all the flavors home.

Cilantro!

Great or greatest herb?

Sheep on
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    damnit sheep are you just trying to hurt me?

cilantro is the worst herb

Arch on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    YES! Ha mother fuckers. Don't bring that weak ass shit against me. Some thieves attempted to take advantage of a power outage to hit a school that has a system I designed. Mother fuckers didn't think I'd have redundant power supplies in my design? Fuck you. Enjoy prison bitches. HA!

It has it's moments.
    You should ask to be at their arraignment so you can break it down end-zone style.

We can but hope their lawyer challenges the video. They I can go to court and explain how encrypted hashes work.
    Elldren wrote: »
    bluuuuuggggh

No, it's braaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnssssssss.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Except it doesn't. You can find people who hate the taste of beer, the taste of whiskey, the taste of any manner of spices, and who hate the taste of gin. Gin tastes fine.

Gin tastes fine to you. For all I know I might like it, we'll never know. For people who don't like it, they don't like it, and saying they have no taste seems inappropriately snarky.

I'm looking at you, Steve. :P

Then spicy food isn't a necessary taste as was described earlier.

I never said it was necessary, only that you can't start out with really spicy food and expect to enjoy it. Same as never saying that Steve had to enjoy olives, otherwise he had no sense of taste. In fact what I said was 'You come from sad whale family who lives at the bottom of the ocean. YOU ARE EVIL.' If anyone took that seriously I think they were missing the point of the post.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Dang, put in an app for starbucks last night and a coworker just texted me saying she told the boss to hire me.

Looks like I'll be a barista again soon?

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010

Cilantro is a great herb.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Dang, put in an app for starbucks last night and a coworker just texted me saying she told the boss to hire me.

Grats?

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010

Cilantro is terrible. Even a tsp finely minced and mixed into salsa can ruin a dish for me.

Tastes like eating dish soap.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Inquisitor wrote: »

Grats?

I'm dead broke and its a job. Income will be nice as I hunt for a real job.

So, semi-grats, I guess.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    Psycho Internet HawkPsycho Internet Hawk Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Sheep wrote: »
    Vodka kinda sucks because you quickly hit a ceiling when it comes to $ - quality. Eventually it's like bottled water and you're paying for brand name.

It's always hilarious when someone pretend to be a serious connoisseur of alcoholic beverages joins your group and then orders nothing but vodka based drinks.

Grey Goose is good, but like all quality vodka you're essentially paying more money for it to be smoother and have less flavor.

I really can't stand vodka anyways since having some baaaad experiences with it a couple years ago. I can down whisky like nobody's business though.

Psycho Internet Hawk on
    ezek1t.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I guess I can understand it since we're talking about a huge corporation. Starbucks.

But man. Everytime I got a job at a restaurant type deal it's basically been "Hey, I need/my friend needs a job. When can I start? Right now. Okay. I'll be here tomorrow at 11."

Sheep on
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Feral wrote: »

no no arch had it right

Bama on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

Cilantro is a pretty good herb.

I just wanted to make sure all bases are covered.

stevemarks44 on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

Cilantro is trendy and overused, both in quantity in a dish and in the number of dishes it gets applied to.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Vodka is good because you can take shit vodka and make delicious skittles vodka with it.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

Cilantro is terrible. Even a tsp finely minced and mixed into salsa can ruin a dish for me.

BFFs

Arch on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Dyr likes Grey Goose.

I had this Russian vodka a friend brought back, it was locally made near Lake Baikal. It was goooooooooood. It was like bottled warmth.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    The best herb is weed.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Cilantro is good in moderation.

I don't like broccoli in my pad see ew so the lady there puts in some cilantro instead and it is delicious.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

My wife says the exact same thing.

A buddy of mine says the same thing about the pickled ginger served with sushi.
    Grey Goose is good, but like all quality vodka you're essentially paying more money for it to be smoother and have less flavor.

I really can't stand vodka anyways since having some baaaad experiences with it a couple years ago. I can down whisky like nobody's business though.

It can only be filtered so much. That's why I like to draw parallels from vodka to the bottled water industry.

I used to drink three things pretty often. Corona and scotch. Over indulgence basically ruined both of them for me.

You know it's bad when you start sweating scotch.

Sheep on
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010

It has it's moments.

We can but hope their lawyer challenges the video. They I can go to court and explain how encrypted hashes work.
    bluuuuuggggh

I am glad you enjoy your job.

Personally I somehow feel worse than I did yesterday

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Broccoli is lovely. I especially like it raw with some lemon aioli.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

Cilantro is trendy and overused, both in quantity in a dish and in the number of dishes it gets applied to.

Living in a non food trendy place, I tend to only have cilantro in foods that normally see it. Tex Mex and Indian.

Sheep on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Broccoli brings up bad memories of being forced to sit at the table for hours while I refused to eat it.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

I like it raw.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited October 2010

I put tahini sauce on mine sometimes.

Taziki other days.

Sheep on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Cilantro with a light hand makes things unbelievably delicious. Overdoing cilantro, however, is a most egregious error.

Pickled ginger with sushi is good, but only as a palate cleanser.

stevemarks44 on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I like Belviedere vodka

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Think I finally wrapped up this design that's been haunting me for weeks.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Psycho Internet HawkPsycho Internet Hawk Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

I've heard it's actually a genetic thing. It tastes different to different people.

Psycho Internet Hawk on
    ezek1t.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2010

I like it raw.

I'm sure you do. :winky:
    Sheep wrote: »

I put tahini sauce on mine sometimes.

Taziki other days.

Blehhhhhhhh, tahini. I only use it in hummus and sesame cookies, and then sparingly. Too bitter.

Tzatziki sounds good, though.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2010
    my aunt asked me to dvr wrestling for her tonight in case she's not home in time

oh lawd

Organichu on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

It has it's moments.

bluuuuuggggh

I am glad you enjoy your job.

Personally I somehow feel worse than I did yesterday

Have you consumed any food lately?

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Dyr likes Grey Goose.

I had this Russian vodka a friend brought back, it was locally made near Lake Baikal. It was goooooooooood. It was like bottled warmth.

I...wait

Alright this isn't me being combative, but rather curious

You said you haven't drank gin, and that you never will

Is it because of gin specifically (via stories) or is it something else?
    Honestly I was curious if your faith restricted alcohol, but then you said vodka so I was like "maybe some and not others?"

Arch on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Think I finally wrapped up this design that's been haunting me for weeks.

Just a few minor changes.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Oh my God, I think the guy across the street has his TV on so loud I can actually hear it from here.

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    edited October 2010

I've heard it's actually a genetic thing. It tastes different to different people.

Yeah, I heard that too. Only no one else in my family, on either side, dislikes cilantro the way I do. It's strange.

Passerbye on
This discussion has been closed.