As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Calvin & Hobbes

headn00bheadn00b Registered User regular
edited January 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
Random question, but does anyone know where I can buy a Hobbes stuffed toy that delivers to the UK? Need it for a present (and maybe one for me as well...).

Your sig was too tall.

-Thinatos
headn00b on

• Options
    Brodo FagginsBrodo Faggins Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    AFAIK, Bill Watterson is extremely anti-merchandise. The only thing that comes close was a C&H promo t-shirt that goes for hundreds on ebay. That, and those stupid stickers of Calvin peeing on a ford logo or whatever.

Brodo Faggins on
    9PZnq.png
  • Options
    headn00bheadn00b Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    This makes me a very sad Panda. Thanks for the help though, I'd have been searching for days otherwise...

headn00b on
    Your sig was too tall.

-Thinatos
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Yeah, your best bet is looking for a generic stuffed tiger, or possibly an old-school style stuffed Tigger (from Winnie the Pooh).

KalTorak on
  • Options
    Raziel078Raziel078 Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I can't remember the website. But I remember hearing about this basically craft website on (on Attack of the Show on G4) where you can basically say what you want and people will offer bids on what they are willing to do it for. Like they asked for a scarf that has the 7 words you can never say on TV and an anatomically correct Ron Jeremy doll. So if people would be willing to make crazy shit like that I'm sure they would make calvin and hobbes stuff. I'm sorry I can't remember the website though

Raziel078 on
    I would like to put something clever and about me but I fear my company will find it
  • Options
    Chop LogicChop Logic Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Also, be advised that anyhting you do buy that looks like some sort of official C&H merch is actually bootleg (as there is no official C&H merch), so not only is Bill Watterson not getting any money for it, but your paying someone to rip him off.

Chop Logic on
  • Options
    Raziel078Raziel078 Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    True but Bill Waterson said no merch not because he was being screwed on it or anything like that, but because he felt it took away from his art. He swore he would never allow merch as is. So you are only taking theoretical money that he apprently doesn't want anyway. So I see no moral fault

Raziel078 on
    I would like to put something clever and about me but I fear my company will find it
  • Options
    CrossBusterCrossBuster Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Well, other than misappropriating someone else's intellectual property. True, he isn't losing any money, but as a matter of principal, I'd say it's wrong.

CrossBuster on
    penguins.png
  • Options
    EggyToastEggyToast Jersey CityRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    The real point as far as the poster's giftee is concerned is that there is no such thing as an actual stuffed hobbes -- just stuffed tigers that may look somewhat like hobbes. A knockoff, regardless of the IP involved, is still a knockoff.

EggyToast on
    || Flickr — || PSN: EggyToast