As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Critique me cover letter, matey

Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
edited October 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
Strangely enough, I have gone this far in life without ever having to write a cover letter. Seeing as this is my first outing, and seeing as I'd really like the job, I'd like to make sure it all goes as smoothly as possible. So how does it look?
Dear Mr. /Mrs. Last Name,

I am currently seeking new employment as a delivery driver for YOUSE GUYS, and enclosed is my resume. I have a lot of experience in the field, as I've been working as a driver for the past four years. My impeccable driving record and professional attitude has put me at the top of my class, and I would be a great asset for your company.

Over the years I have easily adapted to the demands of the job. Clients have regarded my service as the best available, and ask for me by name when requesting a delivery. I regard all clients as equal, whether they be large or small, and take ownership of all aspects of my delivery routes. My attention to detail has served to identify and correct errors before the client is aware of them, such as when an incorrect or over-ordered item is placed in the shipment. And I am known by my supervisors to work honestly and independently, with little direction required.

I am available at any time via telephone or email. Thanks for taking the time to consider my application, and I look forward to meeting with you.

Sincerely,

After this part would be my signature and name, naturally. Any suggestions for improvement would be greatly appreciated.

kofz2amsvqm3.png
Seattle Thread on

• Options
    donteatmenooodonteatmenooo Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Dear Mr. /Mrs. Last Name,

I am currently seeking new employment as a delivery driver for YOUSE GUYS. Please find my resume enclosed. I have four full years of experience in the field, working as a driver for PREVIOUS COMPANY. My impeccable driving record and professional attitude has put me at the top of my class, and I would be a great asset for your company.

Over the years, I have easily adapted to the demands of the job. Clients regard my service as the best available and ask for me by name when requesting a delivery. I fully appreciate every single client, and take ownership of all aspects of my delivery routes. My attention to detail has served to identify and correct errors before the client is aware of them, such as when an incorrect or over-ordered item is placed in the shipment. And I am known by my supervisors to work honestly and independently, with little direction required.

I am available at any time via telephone or email. Thank you for taking the time to consider my application. I look forward to meeting with you.

Sincerely,

I don't really know much about proper cover letters, but I can help with some grammar stuff. Se my recommendations in bold above.

Mostly it's tiny stuff. Again, I don't know exactly what a cover letter should contain, but I liked it. :)
    Make sure you put a lot of that stuff in your resume, too!!

Good luck!

donteatmenooo on