As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Street Fighter: Oh no! [Main] is the worst now! I'm switching to [buffed alt]!

• Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Sakeido wrote: »
    • Light Scissor Kicks push back further when blocked, making it harder to punish him, but also making it more difficult to keep pressure on with Crouching Light Kick afterwards.

Was it even possible to punish blocked light scissors?

nope! its 0 on block
    you can only "punish" him if you pick a button afterwards that is faster than the button he picks

Properly spaced focus could punish it. It could punish it very badly.

If they're saying a 1 hit light scissor kick pushes back enough so that that doesn't punish, this is a buff for how I use him.

Bizazedo on
    XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    ValiantheartValiantheart Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    • Light Scissor Kicks push back further when blocked, making it harder to punish him, but also making it more difficult to keep pressure on with Crouching Light Kick afterwards.

Was it even possible to punish blocked light scissors?

nope! its 0 on block
    you can only "punish" him if you pick a button afterwards that is faster than the button he picks

Properly spaced focus could punish it. It could punish it very badly.

If they're saying a 1 hit light scissor kick pushes back enough so that that doesn't punish, this is a buff for how I use him.

I think it will be a nerf to the Viper and Sagat fights for sure. Against any character whose fastest attack is 4 frames its a nerf.

You could lock down Vipers and Elfs with good scissor kick pressure.

Valiantheart on
    PSN: Valiant_heart PC: Valiantheart99
  • Options
    House of PaincakesHouse of Paincakes Spokane, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Focus attacks aren't pushable so you are out of luck Biz :P

House of Paincakes on
  • Options
    solsovlysolsovly Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Focus attacks aren't pushable so you are out of luck Biz :P

Yeah, won't affect focus punishes. I wonder how much pushback. Probably cr.mp range by my guess.

solsovly on
  • Options
    PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Pancake wrote: »
    I like all the Bison players that want to switch now. Oh no, my top tier character might not be anymore. Boohoo.

Man I played Bison since week 2 of Vanilla's console release. My problem with what they're doing is nerfing the Bison Pressure. Like, that's what I find fun about the character. So if the character no longer will do the thing I find fun, why should I play him?

He'll no longer be able to pressure? Man, that really sucks.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Wait, did I miss something? Did Cammy get nerfed?

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I like all the Bison players that want to switch now. Oh no, my top tier character might not be anymore. Boohoo.

Man I played Bison since week 2 of Vanilla's console release. My problem with what they're doing is nerfing the Bison Pressure. Like, that's what I find fun about the character. So if the character no longer will do the thing I find fun, why should I play him?

He'll no longer be able to pressure? Man, that really sucks.

His pressure will just be a little riskier (Which is fair, the gap between characters who can pressure effectively and who can't is HUGE. There's no middle ground. Either you're a dive kicking, scissor kicking monster, or you're fucked.) and won't be as sustainable in the corner.

I don't think the sky is falling down.

ChaosHat on
  • Options
    RancedRanced Default Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    aBlank wrote: »
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    Ranced wrote: »
    More push back on short sk, bigger hurt box against bison on his cr.short, 80/110 st.hk, projectile immune super, and charge for ultra 2. Most are light nerfs, one ignorable buff, overall not too bad.

Push back and the more vulnerable cr.short means Bison doesn't get a second rep after the initial scissors unless done naked. Easier to stick something out, but it's not like that's much of an option when Bison has st.hk.

Anyway, it'll weaken his corner pressure a bit too, whatevs.

Agreed. The nerfs aren't really anything major. I never really used the follow up scissor kick pressure as much, anyways.

The upgraded damage on Ultra 2 might make it a wash, even. We'll see. That and I think I can reflex Kneepress Nightmare :).

I choose to be optimistic.

They look pretty major to me :E It really depends just how much pushback they put on short scissors though, but that could take away a lot of the pressure options/mixups that bison has.

I'm guessing the push back will be increased to the point where another cr.short won't connect. Otherwise the increased push back will be almost pointless. Besides, Bison will probably still have cr.forward (slow but the other options let it work) and plain sk to do a rep, or st.forward/hk to keep them put. The fact that sk goes over lows and st.forward/hk will beat almost any button pushed keeps some of the mix up in tact. Being unable to throw out a three frame move after will be a pain though, yeah.

Ranced on
  • Options
    SakeidoSakeido Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

a little
    her ground normals got buffed frame-advantage wise
    her dive kicks got a minimum height so you can't do instant regular dives anymore. you need to burn EX meter to do instant dive kicks now

Sakeido on
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010

Some of her normals got buffed, but her Cannon Spike is now easier to punish on both block and grounded hit and she can no longer do her non-EX Cannon Strike right off the ground.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010

a little
    her ground normals got buffed frame-advantage wise
    her dive kicks got a minimum height so you can't do instant regular dives anymore. you need to burn EX meter to do instant dive kicks now

Well there goes any interest I have in playing SF4

Seriously though, that trick was one of her best tools

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    RancedRanced Default Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    She still have the late instant dive? The goes somewhat high up and, IMO, was better at catching techs anyway.

Ranced on
  • Options
    blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Sorry guys, my high tier isn't high tier enough.

I've lost all interest in playing.

blaze_zero on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    If you're referring to me, I was being sarcastic

But I didn't know Cammy was considered high-tier

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Cammy is definitely considered high in Super, if not top 10.

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I think it's fucking crazy you guys are calling it quits without even touching the game or even seeing it in action. Maybe Cammy is better off now. Although most of these complainosaurs aren't people I play with regularly so I'm not too affected.
    It just seems entirely too early to bail on a character.

ChaosHat on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I was being sarcastic

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I was being sarcastic

The only sarcasm Hat can grasp is his own.

So how much is Capcom going to charge for this when it comes out?

$10?

$20?

...$30?

chamberlain on
  • Options
    RaakamRaakam Too many years... CanadalandRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    15$ is my guess. What do I win if I'm right?

Raakam on
    My padherder
    they don't it be like it is but it do
  • Options
    eeSanGeeSanG I slice like a goddamn hammer. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Considering how much they're charging for arcade boards of AE, I don't expect console to be released until late '11 or somewhere in 2012. Unless they really want to screw arcades over.

I'm expecting to pay $40 for a disc release. DLC not so much.

eeSanG on
    LFMGb.jpg
    Slice like a god damn hammer. LoL: Rafflesia / BNet: Talonflame#11979
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Raakam wrote: »
    15$ is my guess. What do I win if I'm right?

Your wife will play street fighter with you, you already win everything.

And if they put it off until late 2011 I would hope for more characters.

chamberlain on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Honestly though, arcade boards have been priced astronomically for quite some time now, so I don't see how this is a different scenario, really.

Also, sure Capcom will sell some units here in the US at 14k a pop, but how long do you think they'll wait on console before they risk losing players en masse. Realistically the great majority of current SSF4 players are nowhere near an arcade with AE. Do you think Capcom is going to risk losing the money it can make from them?

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I was being sarcastic

Then I guess...
    T-bolt wrote: »
    Yikes, Bison just went down a few spots in my book, I needed that lk scissors pressure. :( I'll be too busy with a buffed Dee Jay to mourn though.
    ...it doesn't apply...
    Masume wrote: »
    Dammit...I was looking for a reason to jump back into 4 after all the other games I jumped on...Bison nerfs do not really support this idea.
    ...to you.

Or does it? Not everything is about you Josh.

Edit: I'd be incredibly surprised if the DLC wasn't within a month or even a simultaneous release. The people who go to arcades and who buy the DLC aren't necessarily the same audience, and even if it is that doesn't necessarily mean people won't ever go. Do people go to Arcade Infinity because of the game? No, they go there because of the crowd and the scene which the home release won't be able to recreate.

I think it's more important that they release the DLC before/when KoFXIII or other fighting games down the pipe (MvC3...) release. When those games come out you're going to lose parts of the audience you might never get back who will just dedicate themselves to the new game. Release it in advance, and you'll get your money while people buy it to tide themselves over for the game they want.

ChaosHat on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    If they hold off DLC until late 2011, I imagine the backlash from the community will be pretty large.

I mean, there was a similar situation with vanilla SF4 because they added extra characters, but I think this will be much, much worse. The original arcade characters didn't change in the console version and nobody was really using the console characters competitively back then. In SSF4 AE just about every single character is getting changed, even some special move inputs.

House of Paincakes on
  • Options
    shadydentistshadydentist Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I was being sarcastic

I think he was being sarcastic.

shadydentist on
    Steam & GT
    steam_sig.png
    GT: Tanky the Tank
    Black: 1377 6749 7425
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    ChaosHat wrote: »
    Or does it? Not everything is about you Josh.

Hence the "if you're talking to me" part of that post.

Really though, if you're talking to somebody in particular then quote them. Otherwise I was clarifying that I am not who you're referring to.

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Rose's nerfed ultra 2 makes her completely unviable and I think I might drop her completely in favor of Makoto.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    T-boltT-bolt Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Sarcasm abounds ITT

T-bolt on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Airborne back dashes? What is this shit?

I quit forever.

blaze_zero on
  • Options
    templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Rose's nerfed ultra 2 makes her completely unviable and I think I might drop her completely in favor of Makoto.

Sometimes I wonder what happened in your life to make you hate yourself so much.

templewulf on
    Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I may be changing mains. Not because of nerfs per se, but simply for a change. Abel will always be in my stable, but I've played him seriously for 2 games now, and I'm trying to branch out a bit.

Hiryu02 on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Play Gen Hiryu.

blaze_zero on
  • Options
    StokedUpStokedUp Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Do it.

StokedUp on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Gamertag(SSF4/MW2)StokedAidzzzSC2 ID Stoked.655
    Uploaded SC2 Replays
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    templewulf wrote: »

Sometimes I wonder what happened in your life to make you hate yourself so much.

Why? Is Makoto bad?

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Umm, I did in vanilla, remember? The Gen Mk Hands Sliding Sock Glove of Doom?

Hiryu02 on
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Pfft, mains. Who needs 'em?

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Play Dan Hiryu

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I think Dhalsim would be a nice change of pace for you.

A nice slow pace.

House of Paincakes on
  • Options
    LittleKeyLittleKey Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I just wanted to say again: if anybody was looking at the PS3 buy one get one free TE stick deal, I could most likely go halfsies on it.

And to me the Cammy changes are actually a good thing overall, cause I can't reliably do the instant air dive kick anyway! I'm really happy about the Hakan buffs though, he's a fun character.

LittleKey on
    oblivion-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    LittleKey wrote: »
    And to me the Cammy changes are actually a good thing overall, cause I can't reliably do the instant air dive kick anyway! I'm really happy about the Hakan buffs though, he's a fun character.

I agree. I can do them pretty reliably, but I hate how much she has to rely on TKCS. Taking it away, but buffing her normals will hopefully make her less of a one trick pony.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg