As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Why won't my computer turn on?

JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
edited October 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
The outlet is working, it's plugged in, and the power supply works

There's no scorch marks inside

I'm thinking somethings just messed up with the switch on the front, so I'm trying to figure out how to open the front panel. The case is a Cooler Master Centurion 5

Joolander on

• Options
    AtaxrxesAtaxrxes Hellnation Cursed EarthRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Check the connection to the On/Off switch, check to make sure the PSU is actually connected to the MOBO. I guess it's also possible your cable could be bad. When did this start? Is it a new pc that has never turned on or is it one you had that just stopped turning on?

Ataxrxes on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I've had it for about 4 years. This just happened when I got back from class. It was working just fine this morning

The everything on the MOBO is connected correctly

I'm trying to check the connection to the on/ff switch, but I don't know how to get to where that connection is. I'm have no idea how to access that assembly

Joolander on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Joolander wrote: »
    I've had it for about 4 years. This just happened when I got back from class. It was working just fine this morning

The everything on the MOBO is connected correctly

I'm trying to check the connection to the on/ff switch, but I don't know how to get to where that connection is. I'm have no idea how to access that assembly

Looks like you might have to remove a drive/drivebay to access it from the inside of the case. When is the last time you blew out the dust inside? You might try that too.

Ataxrxes on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    ok, nothing was wrong with the switch either

but now its working

i guess it just wanted to be cleaned?

Joolander on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Joolander wrote: »