As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

dumb [chat] or genius [chat]

1484950515254»

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    And if there isn't room for your bag in this overhead compartment, use the next one. You don't HAVE TO use the overhead compartment directly above you. There's a whole plane full of overhead compartments! Stop playing fucking Tetris with other people's bags, you're not going to find an interdimensional rift into which you can magically fit your bag.

Okay, but on the flipside, fucking expert flyers that are constantly fucking cutting you off in line, getting in your way just as much, bringing huge fucking carry on bags that damn near take up an entire overhead because "they don't want to lose their luggage", putting shit under your seat so that it hits your heels, bitching about everything, reclining their chair to max point causing your tray to slope, and just generally being arrogant assholes...

...they're just as bad

Nobody who flies a lot reclines their seat. It's one of the most antisocial things you can do if there's somebody behind you. It's why I'm glad that seats don't recline on budget airlines. Idiots can't be trusted with even that degree of power.

I fly a lot, so I like to be able to get on and off the plane as quickly as possible. I don't begrudge people who are having new experiences as they amble about in the airport or in the plane, but they should move if I ask. Some of us got shits to be doing.

Also, people that stand up the second the planes wheels touch down, like they're going to magically be the first ones off the plane even though they're seventeen rows back, and just stand there, huffing and puffing the entire time. They can eat a dick too

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    The more I play of Fallout New Vegas the more convinced I become I'll never be able to do a Legion playthrough. They're just too stupidly over the top sinister from what I've seen so far.

Currently playing as a sneaky hitman chick who takes out enemies by either sniping them from so far away they're clueless or sneaking up behind them and popping them in the back of the skull. So much fun.

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Also, Mark Hamill's little mock dock about comic con and the comic book industry was pretty entertaining.

amateurhour on
  • Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    You all are making me nervous because I just bought my cross-country flights for Christmas. I hope the airport doesn't make me hate everyone and everything.

Flying out of LAX and then flying in Syracuse NY is hilarious though. The reciprocal is just as funny. It's two different worlds.

stevemarks44 on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    And if there isn't room for your bag in this overhead compartment, use the next one. You don't HAVE TO use the overhead compartment directly above you. There's a whole plane full of overhead compartments! Stop playing fucking Tetris with other people's bags, you're not going to find an interdimensional rift into which you can magically fit your bag.

Okay, but on the flipside, fucking expert flyers that are constantly fucking cutting you off in line, getting in your way just as much, bringing huge fucking carry on bags that damn near take up an entire overhead because "they don't want to lose their luggage", putting shit under your seat so that it hits your heels, bitching about everything, reclining their chair to max point causing your tray to slope, and just generally being arrogant assholes...

...they're just as bad

Nobody who flies a lot reclines their seat. It's one of the most antisocial things you can do if there's somebody behind you. It's why I'm glad that seats don't recline on budget airlines. Idiots can't be trusted with even that degree of power.

I fly a lot, so I like to be able to get on and off the plane as quickly as possible. I don't begrudge people who are having new experiences as they amble about in the airport or in the plane, but they should move if I ask. Some of us got shits to be doing.

This is why I try to sit in the back of the airplane. My odds of getting a row to myself are much higher and if you have checked luggage then you still end up having to wait for it. Any extra space on a plane is a godsend. Being able to rotate a little in my seat does wonders for my knees.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

...they're just as bad

Also, people that stand up the second the planes wheels touch down, like they're going to magically be the first ones off the plane even though they're seventeen rows back, and just stand there, huffing and puffing the entire time. They can eat a dick too
    In the same vein, the people who barge out of their seat into the line of people in the aisle who already have their carry-on and are walking towards the exit, only to take 5 minutes struggling to get their shit together while holding everyone else up.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Hamill would have had a Harrison Ford level career if he hadn't mangled his face James Dean style. They try to underplay what went down between star wars and empire, but that dude had to get a LOT of reconstructive surgery. He was pretty hot in Star Wars and looked 20 years older in Empire.

amateurhour on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    Hamil is my favorite joker, his voice just makes the character come alive. I really don't think I would have enjoyed the original animated series without him and conroy, and ron pearlman who did every random thugs voice on that show.

I can't imagine how things would have been if Tim Curry had done the role, as was originally planned.

Could have been also good, but Curry always sounds like Curry. I mean until someone told me Hamil was joker I didn't believe it. When you see him in a voice acting session you can see he's putting some effort into it.

I wonder what billy west thinks of Hamil, technically he was a known actor prior to the batman cartoon, but I don't think he got Joker on his name power alone.
    You're lucky if someone can name anything Hamill has done besides Star Wars and Corvette Summer really. And people only know about Corvette Summer because it's the "Hey look at this crap movie Hamill was in" movie.

The Guyver

Jesus thank you, god how could you not know about the mother fucking guyver!
    Sorry, already have one "crap movie Hamill was in" on my list.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I prefer to fly Jetblue or Virgin America if possible and take a seat directly in front of the exit row. Both those airlines have a few extra inches per set and the exit rows have a couple extra inches per seat.

The combination gives me plenty of room to recline my seat without bothering anybody.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    i have to fly today and tomorrow you boobs

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »

...they're just as bad

This is why I try to sit in the back of the airplane. My odds of getting a row to myself are much higher and if you have checked luggage then you still end up having to wait for it. Any extra space on a plane is a godsend. Being able to rotate a little in my seat does wonders for my knees.

Yeah I've been lucky enough to have moderately empty planes for at least one leg of most of my flights from east to west or west to east. It does really really make the experience so much better when there's an extra spot in between you and somebody else.

In cases where the plane doesn't happen to have a ton of extra space? Lunesta.

stevemarks44 on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010

Yeah. The last seat, window side is one of my favorite places on the plane.

Just put me in a corner.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

Yeah, that I don't understand thatat all. I just make sure I sit as close as possible to an exit, which usually isn't hard as most people don't seem to understand that its the seats near the exits that are closest to the exits. Or they want to try and find a group of eighteen seats next to one another. Or they need a window seat. Or some other bullshit.

Knowing things like whether a given airport does front and rear boarding/disembarking helps too.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    You all are making me nervous because I just bought my cross-country flights for Christmas. I hope the airport doesn't make me hate everyone and everything.

Flying out of LAX and then flying in Syracuse NY is hilarious though. The reciprocal is just as funny. It's two different worlds.

Most airports blend together after a while. Especially the smaller ones. But there is one exception, and that's McLaren. You damn well know where you are after you deplane there. No matter how groggy you are, it's an airport that stands out.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Hamill would have had a Harrison Ford level career if he hadn't mangled his face James Dean style. They try to underplay what went down between star wars and empire, but that dude had to get a LOT of reconstructive surgery. He was pretty hot in Star Wars and looked 20 years older in Empire.
    Yeah, it was pretty bad.

lukebeforeandafter.jpg

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    This is still great to me. Conroy and Hamil doing their TAS voices live.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-I1ZJTgHz_s&feature=related

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010

Most airports blend together after a while. Especially the smaller ones. But there is one exception, and that's McLaren. You damn well know where you are after you deplane there. No matter how groggy you are, it's an airport that stands out.

Yeah, I've had layovers in Cleveland, Newark, Denver, Phoenix, NYC, Raleigh and Detroit in the last year and I couldn't tell you which one was which (other than the token team stores in each city).

All I remember was that Phoenix had multiple buildings and I had to take a fucking shuttle to get to my connecting flight. I never want to fly through Phoenix again.

Denver was nice, if I recall.

stevemarks44 on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I remember Lucas saying in a recent interview (like five years recent) that he was terrified they'd have to recast the part, which would kill the franchise basically.

amateurhour on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I prefer to fly Jetblue or Virgin America if possible and take a seat directly in front of the exit row. Both those airlines have a few extra inches per set and the exit rows have a couple extra inches per seat.

The combination gives me plenty of room to recline my seat without bothering anybody.

Jet Blue is nice but they don't fucking fly where I need to go often. But my trip to NYC next month will be on them.
    Yeah I've been lucky enough to have moderately empty planes for at least one leg of most of my flights from east to west or west to east. It does really really make the experience so much better when there's an extra spot in between you and somebody else.

In cases where the plane doesn't happen to have a ton of extra space? Lunesta.

I just don't sleep before a flight most of the time. This lets me sleep through the flight if I have to.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I didn't know about the accident

I thought jediing was just really stressful, like the presidency

Elendil on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    This is still great to me. Conroy and Hamil doing their TAS voices live.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-I1ZJTgHz_s&feature=related
    You can't spell Mark Hamill without "arkham".
    whoa

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

Yeah, I've had layovers in Cleveland, Newark, Denver, Phoenix, NYC, Raleigh and Detroit in the last year and I couldn't tell you which one was which (other than the token team stores in each city).

All I remember was that Phoenix had multiple buildings and I had to take a fucking shuttle to get to my connecting flight. I never want to fly through Phoenix again.

Denver was nice, if I recall.

Phoenix is kind of a pain. It's also where a flight attendant told us to assume the crash position. Which was followed by the plane braking hard with the engine reversing at full power. It was an intresting experience.

But McLaren stands out. A lot.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Elendil wrote: »
    You can't spell Mark Hamill without "arkham".
    whoa

I ... hey.

desc on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I remember Lucas saying in a recent interview (like five years recent) that he was terrified they'd have to recast the part, which would kill the franchise basically.
    Guess he's not worried about that any more ba zing

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010

Jet Blue is nice but they don't fucking fly where I need to go often. But my trip to NYC next month will be on them.

Yeah, unfortunately.

One of the nice perks about Jetblue and VA is that they both use SFO's international terminal, which is significantly less crowded. (There wasn't any room to put them in domestic.)

Feral on

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I hate LAX, just hate that airport. SLC was really nice when I flew into last time from Narita. Denver is okay if you are transferring through and/or not flying with luggage and are on concourse A. The luggage system there can take like an hour or more for you bags to show up. And if you are on concourse A or B you go through the big line for security which takes forever. If you are on A you can walk over the bridge and go through the small checkpoint 90% of people don't know about it. Takes 5 to 10 minutes instead of 30 to 45.

SeaTAC was nice actually, easy to get into Seattle via the light rail from it. St. Louis isn't bad just old. Reagan wasn't bad either when I flew in this year.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    WMain00WMain00 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I'm not buying New Vegas until they fix their bugs. I don't see why I should support Obsidian anymore for generally terrible software development.

WMain00 on
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Yeah, it was pretty bad.
    lukebeforeandafter.jpg
    Honestly, I think he looked much better after.

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

Yeah, unfortunately.

One of the nice perks about Jetblue and VA is that they both use SFO's international terminal, which is significantly less crowded. (There wasn't any room to put them in domestic.)

But lots of leg room, the free tv, newer planes, moderately comfortable seats are all nice. Absolute worst is Mesa Airlines which handles the Houston to Vancouver route for Continential. Had to use them a lot. Seats that were older then I am, tiny planes packed as full as they could be. Ugh.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Photo0023.jpg
    Photo0022.jpg

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    i gotta go to lga in 1.5 hrs

the jetblue terminal at jfk is the best terminal ever

cdg is the worst airport ever

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    TRENT

Feral on

• Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    now that is a cat

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited October 2010
    evilbob, give us the new [chat].

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited October 2010
    Okay, Bob may have left us. Feral, I CHOOSE YOU.

Jacobkosh on
This discussion has been closed.