As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Secret Santaxtravaganza - OP UPDATED! Get to stalking!

• Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    So mini-poll time.

Would you rather have the present sent now? Or wait until it's more Christmasy?

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    John ZoidbergJohn Zoidberg Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Presents bought.

Box located.

Now all I need to do is bubble wrap them and send them on their merry way.

John Zoidberg on
    Xbox Live: Ink Pouch / PSN: Stiff_Ninja / Origin: PAZoidberg / Steam
  • Options
    Feels Good ManFeels Good Man Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    here are some terrible hints for your santa if you need them, spoilered if you want to avoid that route
    I wear size Large shirts currently, but I don't really wear things that are too nerdy out in public. I am horribly shallow. I do wear a Mass Effect N7 hoody though, since that's not too overtly nerdy as it's just a logo and motif and only some people get it. I like clothes like that, if that's the avenue you want to go

I like all kinds of music, but The Who is my favorite band of all time and I don't really own anything related to them

I don't watch a lot of TV but my favorite television series of all time is Arrested Development, I like that kind of humor the most. I am the whitest person on the planet.

I like all sorts of video games and I have a lot. This is my steam account if you'd like to peruse my games, but please don't buy anything for me digitally. Even though that makes things easier for the both of us, I like the feel of receiving a physical gift (which is why I won't be buying anything for YOU, Santee, digitally, that's my philosophy). I have a Wii that doesn't see much use, an xbox 360 which is basically a Rock Band 3 machine at this point, and a PS3 that I use mainly for playing blurays.

I am really into Starcraft 2 at this point, which you can probably tell by my post history. I'd say SC2, Mass Effect 2, and TF2 are my favorite games these days. TERRAN 4 LYFE

My name is more common than I thought I found out, after searching for facebook. There are many of us. I am in the military though, maybe that helps. Also I'm not a Captain or otherwise an officer. Jeez my name is more popular than I thought, goddamn.

I am an English Education major so books are also acceptable (and would be an encouragement to actually read physical books more, I am so bad about that. I'm a terrible English major, shit). My favorite author is William Faulkner, the only physical book I own though is As I Lay Dying.

I am getting more and more interested in learning how to play keyboards/piano, so some really easy beginner level piano music would also be great.

Honestly any sort of physical gift you could give would be great. anything! I am the worst at helping!

Feels Good Man on
  • Options
    NorfairNorfair Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I know I don't post much because I have to borrow time on someone else's PC or use a mobile device with a terrible browser to post here at all. I have to admit, I also don't have much motivation to read many of the specific-game threads because I know I won't be able to play any of the games. But I do like the gift-giving part, and I had some cash stashed away for it, so I signed up for Secret Santa anyway. :)

...although I've had two gift-giving ideas blow up in my face already this year, so I have to start over and find something else my Santee might like. Argh. My stalk-fu failed me. :( edit: mostly because I didn't read carefully which is my own damn fault

Norfair on
  • Options
    Alfred J. KwakAlfred J. Kwak is it because you were insulted when I insulted your hair?Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    It appears that most of the stuff for my Santee has shipped to me already. Now just to receive it, and assemble it. Santee, your time - IT APPROACHES.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    Shrieking EmuShrieking Emu Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Gifts confirmed and acquired.

Excellent...

Shrieking Emu on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    proyebatproyebat GARY WAS HERE ASH IS A LOSERRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Some hints that would be in my sig if I wasn't jailed:
    I have a PSN, XBL, and Steam account under my Forum name.
    My 360 is currently a banned POS that I mainly use to system link it for L4D2/RB3/Halo whenever friends host game nights. I have bought a whopping total of two games for my PS3 (MW2 and BF:BC2). My gaming time for that is all BC2. I plan to buy Onslaught and Vietnam when the latter comes out, maybe those SPECACT weapons too.

I am not playing as much as I'd like as I have a buttload of art to draw for my class that's due in a month. If you want me to experiment with different medias (various colored conte, water colors, etc) that'd be awesome.

I am considering to major in EE, and am making small circuits with whatever junk I can take from friend/relative's electronic trash. This is what I really like.

proyebat on
    455Bo4O.png
  • Options
    AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Less moaning, more festive spirit. If you don't have many posts to go on then you'll just have to go with instinct on generally cool stuff. It's not the end of the world. I fear some of the griping may isolate the less active members of the forum and I don't want us getting too exclusive and cliquey.

This, even though I'm guilty of teasing my Santee about not posting in the Secret Santa thread. Sorry, Santee! I didn't mean it. :P

AaronKI on
    soempty.jpg
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    THEPAIN73 wrote: »
    Dear Santee:

We are so alike it's scary. We could hang out and I think it would be cool. You are a pretty rockin dude, and I have everything planned out for what I am buying you. Now I actually just have to buy it.

P.S. I love you.

Whoa man. Fixed for you.

Stormwatcher on
    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Feels Good ManFeels Good Man Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    here are some terrible hints for your santa if you need them, spoilered if you want to avoid that route
    I wear size Large shirts currently, but I don't really wear things that are too nerdy out in public. I am horribly shallow. I do wear a Mass Effect N7 hoody though, since that's not too overtly nerdy as it's just a logo and motif and only some people get it. I like clothes like that, if that's the avenue you want to go

I like all kinds of music, but The Who is my favorite band of all time and I don't really own anything related to them

I don't watch a lot of TV but my favorite television series of all time is Arrested Development, I like that kind of humor the most. I am the whitest person on the planet.

I like all sorts of video games and I have a lot. This is my steam account if you'd like to peruse my games, but please don't buy anything for me digitally. Even though that makes things easier for the both of us, I like the feel of receiving a physical gift (which is why I won't be buying anything for YOU, Santee, digitally, that's my philosophy). I have a Wii that doesn't see much use, an xbox 360 which is basically a Rock Band 3 machine at this point, and a PS3 that I use mainly for playing blurays.

I am really into Starcraft 2 at this point, which you can probably tell by my post history. I'd say SC2, Mass Effect 2, and TF2 are my favorite games these days. TERRAN 4 LYFE

My name is more common than I thought I found out, after searching for facebook. There are many of us. I am in the military though, maybe that helps. Also I'm not a Captain or otherwise an officer. Jeez my name is more popular than I thought, goddamn.

I am an English Education major so books are also acceptable (and would be an encouragement to actually read physical books more, I am so bad about that. I'm a terrible English major, shit). My favorite author is William Faulkner, the only physical book I own though is As I Lay Dying.

I am getting more and more interested in learning how to play keyboards/piano, so some really easy beginner level piano music would also be great.

Honestly any sort of physical gift you could give would be great. anything! I am the worst at helping!

by the way, santa, don't feel bad if you've already bought shit or sent shit to me before I posted this. it's my fault if I didn't do it before and you wanted hints earlier. anything you send will mean a lot to me... even if I already have it. I have a big family and someone will find joy out of it :D happy happy christmas friend

Feels Good Man on
  • Options
    SirUltimosSirUltimos Don't talk, Rusty. Just paint. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Today I found the box I'm going to be shipping the gift in. But there's still no word from the people I contacted about the gift, so I may have to go with plan B. It will still be awesome, just not quite as awesome.

SirUltimos on
  • Options
    Ross MillsRoss Mills Mr. California, USARegistered User regular
    edited November 2010

OH. MY. GOD.

It will be mine.

Oh yes.

It will be mine.

Ross Mills on
    twitter-a.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    So mini-poll time.

Would you rather have the present sent now? Or wait until it's more Christmasy?

THEPAIN73 on
  • Options
    TheScrupleTheScruple The Oldest of BridgesRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Still not sure what I'm getting my Santee, but I know what I'm wrapping it in. Thank you, Internet.

Kinko's is going to haaaate me.

Edit: THEPAIN73: Send it now! Early gifts are way awesome!

TheScruple on
    All prairie dogs just want to be heroes
  • Options
    AsiinaAsiina ... WaterlooRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Oh yeah, for my santa.

Send the gift as early as you want, but I won't be opening it until Christmas. Christmas presents are for Christmas.

However, I will be back at my parents probably between the 20th and 27th, so if you think you won't get to ship your present until late then it might be better to wait until just after Christmas. If you could get it here before so I could take it with me then that would be best.

Asiina on
  • Options
    DekuStickDekuStick Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Sending gifts late never works. As soon as convenient is usually best. To Santas, if you're going to send perishables, mark the box saying that, so that someone like Asiina who saves gifts for later won't leave a box of rotten foods and goodies sitting around.

DekuStick on
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Money's a little tighter than I'd like this year, but I think I've found a couple of good ways to spoil my santee.

So do I pull the trigger now, or wait till closer to Christmas? Hmmm....

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Santee!
    Did you hear that yesterday? What was it?
    The wind...

Radiation on
    PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    JHunzJHunz Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Dear Santa:
    The person with my name on Facebook is totally not me. So if you were going to get me a bunch of WWE gear based on the "likes" section of that profile, please don't.

JHunz on
    bunny.gif Gamertag: JHunz. R.I.P. Mygamercard.net bunny.gif
  • Options
    jeddy leejeddy lee Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Hey Santa, guitar picks and strings are (sadly) always a good placeholder if you are feeling you need something cheap and small.

Dear Santee... 2 items for you shall come to my house soon, but the hunt is still on.

jeddy lee on
    Backlog Challenge: 0%
    0/8

PS2
    FF X replay

PS3
    God of War 1&2 HD
    Rachet and Clank Future
    MGS 4
    Prince of Persia

Bayonetta
    Fable 3

DS
    FF: 4 heroes of light
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Send your stuffs as soon as you are able in case of delays. And it's Christmas time. The time of delays

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I'm pickin' up my last gift for my Santee today on my way to work. Then its a bit of craft work, and I really should look into what candies are exclusive to my country.

Chance on
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    PepperSinclairePepperSinclaire Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Hey Santee, I bought materials today. Materials which will be fashioned into...something.

Something which I am sending you next week. Keep your eyes peeled!

PepperSinclaire on
    Signature pending.
  • Options
    CCF23CCF23 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Guh, I haven't even started shopping yet. I've been sick. Hopefully next week it begins.

CCF23 on
    CCFForum-Sedan-2-2.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I love that photos are required here.

Last year the person I shopped for in D&D didn't post photos.

Made me feel bad.

THEPAIN73 on
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    All right, I pretty much figured out what I'm going to send, I ordered some of it, now I just have to get the rest, then probably add some other tidbits.

I should probably ship this out as soon as I can though, considering...

Schide on
  • Options
    spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I'm going to wait until after Thanksgiving to ship anything out. Also trying to acquire everything locally. Let's hope this works out.

spookymuffin on
    PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Dear Santee,
    Your gifts have started shipping!

Dear Santa (in case I don't post enough for your liking),
    I wear XXL shirts - nerdy is fine as I am a big nerd.
    I like to browse ThinkGeek.
    I have 360, PS3, Wii, DS, PSP, and Steam. Everywhere with networking worth using I am jclast. If you need my Wii number for some reason ask a proxy and I will find it.
    I have an Amazon wishlist if you want to buy from that.
    I have a facebook account, but I am pretty sure that it's set to private. Sorry.
    I am active over at thearcadians.net as well as here if you want to read more stuff that I wrote.

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

Made me feel bad.
    I especially love when people go in-depth with the unboxing process. Doubly so when their Santa put a lot of work into packing and presentation.

Ok, all planned purchases for my Santee have been made. Time to start preparing for wrapping while I wait for everything to come!

AaronKI on
    soempty.jpg
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I feel a little bad that I didn't do a creative boxing, but then I feel better when I realize it is so that I could spend more money on stuff and make use of free shipping from places to Santee.

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Is there an American-based online games store that accepts Paypal? I looked around and couldn't find any.

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    strebaliciousstrebalicious Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Dear Santa, tips for shipping to an FPO address, just in case.

Use USPS. First class or Priority. Express is just a waste, and Parcel Post will take 4-6 weeks, if it ever come in the first place. Use my actual name, as I'm not the one that picks up and sorts the mail for my department. Put the address exactly as you should have gotten it. Adding anything extra, like 'Japan' or 'ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha' while just take that much longer.

You will need to fill out a customs form. It's simple enough, but you have to put exactly what's in the box, and they put that form on the outside of the box. Don't worry. I've gotten enough boxes that I know how to not look at the customs form and spoil the surprise.

Um, and that's about it, I think. Delivery confirmation and all those other bells and whistles are up to your discretion I suppose.

strebalicious on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I am bombing at stalking this year... I may need the assistance of a proxy/elf.

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    So I feel bad, because I wish I was posting more so that my Santa doesn't feel the need to complain about how hard it is to shop for me, but unfortunately with school, nanowrimo, and work, I don't have a lot of time to be on the net. Well, yes I do, but i'm trying to be productive about it damn it!

So Santa, just remember to use the force. Or go talk to a black janitor who'll show you the way.

noir_blood on
  • Options
    UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Thought I should warn Santa I just bought Red Steel 2. So that brings my Wii games to Wii Sports, Just Dance (It's not mine, shut up!) and that.

UEAKCrash on
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Something is missing from this page.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9lfadpP5C8

Ah, there we go.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options
    DawasaurusDawasaurus In a forestRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    AaronKI wrote: »

Made me feel bad.
    I especially love when people go in-depth with the unboxing process. Doubly so when their Santa put a lot of work into packing and presentation.

Ok, all planned purchases for my Santee have been made. Time to start preparing for wrapping while I wait for everything to come!

I like when people include their pets as gift-opening assistants. :D

Dawasaurus on
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Dawasaurus wrote: »

Made me feel bad.

if i had any pets i would so do this

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Dawasaurus wrote: »

Made me feel bad.

if i hd any pets i would so do this

Do children count as pets for gift opening assistants?

Dyvion on
    Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
This discussion has been closed.