As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

You Startled the [Chat]!

• SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    No, I meant tell me, in detail, what he said.

TRANSCRIBE IT TO MEE.

Edit: Fuck it I'll watch the video.

Sarksus on
    edited October 2010
    No, I made it six seconds in before I had to close it.

Sarksus on
  • RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    I don't want to watch the video. What question does he ask?

Something about a character from a book was supposed to be in the hammer council or some shit. But they have someone else, with a similar name, in the council instead and this character that is supposed to be there is no where to be found.

The guys on the panel were like "Did he die in Day of the Dragon" (another book) and the red shirt kid was like, "No he survived."

Panel said they'll look into fixing the mistake (which it sounds like it could've been an honest mistake) and then everyone cheered him on.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Something in this (brief) scene just doesn't ring right.
    A few hours before I normally left for our hangout, the phone rang.
    "Joanna?"
    "Hi, Max. What's up?"
    "Nina's not feeling well, so she won't be coming tonight."
    "Oh, that's a pity," I frowned. "What does she have?"
    "Stomach bug, I think. Fever, vomiting, fatigue, standard stuff." He shrugged - not from a lack of compassion for his sister's discomfort, but as if to say 'unpleasant, but nothing serious'.
    "I hope she gets better soon. Is that the only reason you called?" I asked, half-smiling.
    "Well, I thought I might, you know, take you there, especially since you're on my way anyway," he suggested cautiously, shifting his weight from one leg to the other, then back again.
    "I'm not exactly on your way, Max." I laughed slightly. "But yes, I'd like that. It seems appropriate for a guy to take his girlfriend to this sort of thing, anyway."
    "So I'm officially your boyfriend, hm?" He grinned, plainly pleased at my pronouncement.
    "After three very nice dates, yes, I think so." I winked flirtatiously. "See you in a couple of hours, Max."

The first part of the conversation seems to really serve no purpose. I'd rather hear more about their thoughts of their relationship than their friend's symptoms.

stevemarks44 on
  • GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Ryadic wrote: »
    What is this for Godfather?

I'm trading jabs between my little sister on halloween costumes, and she told me she was going as an innocent crown. She dressed up as a slutty firewoman and a slutty bumblebee for previous halloween at her sorority, so I wanted to play at that angle.

Godfather on
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I remember watching it during the stream, it was awkward but I didn't expect it to attract attention

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
    edited October 2010
    Godfather wrote: »

I'm trading jabs between my little sister on halloween costumes, and she told me she was going as an innocent crown. She dressed up as a slutty firewoman and a slutty bumblebee for previous halloween at her sorority, so I wanted to play at that angle.

So why did it have to be PG rated?

Little sister sounds old enough to handle some vaginal fisting taupe.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
    edited October 2010

Why are you talking to your sister about the slutty costumes she wears for Halloween...

Dude that's your sister.

stevemarks44 on
  • Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Zampanov wrote: »
    man even if it was a stye why the hell would you lance it? hot compress, sheesh

Well I certainly wouldn't lance it myself, but having it lanced = immediate pain relief. It also healed in a day afterwards.

Regina Fong on
    edited October 2010

Why are you talking to your sister about the slutty costumes she wears for Halloween...

Dude that's your sister.

In a slutty firefighter costume.

Sarksus on
    edited October 2010

Dude that's your sister.

I'm just giving her a hard time is all.

Godfather on
    edited October 2010
    No, I made it six seconds in before I had to close it.

You're a pussy, I made it at least 10 seconds.

Regina Fong on
    edited October 2010

Dude that's your sister.

Oh God that response
    :winky::winky:

stevemarks44 on
    edited October 2010
    I could handle an intensely specific question but I couldn't handle his voice. It was soft, like clay. Arthas would not suffer its sound.

Sarksus on
    edited October 2010
    "Joanna?"
    "Hi, Max. What's up?"
    "Stomach bug, I think. Fever, vomiting, fatigue, standard stuff." He shrugged - not from a lack of compassion for his sister's discomfort, but as if to say 'unpleasant, but nothing serious'.
    "I hope she gets better soon. Is that the only reason you called?" I asked, half-smiling.
    "Well, I thought I might, you know, take you there, especially since you're on my way anyway," he suggested cautiously, shifting his weight from one leg to the other, then back again.
    "I'm not exactly on your way, Max." I laughed slightly. "But yes, I'd like that. It seems appropriate for a guy to take his girlfriend to this sort of thing, anyway."
    "So I'm officially your boyfriend, hm?" He grinned, plainly pleased at my pronouncement.
    "After three very nice dates, yes, I think so." I winked flirtatiously. "See you in a couple of hours, Max."

Is she winking at him through the telephone?

Also, insert standard complaint about boring dialogue with nothing actually happening.

Regina Fong on
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    he sounds fairly normal in his second video

Casual Eddy on
    edited October 2010
    I could handle an intensely specific question but I couldn't handle his voice. It was soft, like clay. Arthas would not suffer its sound.

We now have an explanation as to why he made the second video.

How ironic considering Sarksus didn't even watch it. :)

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
    edited October 2010

Totes. If someone started talking to me and sounded like that I would ask them to stop talking. I guess the Bliz guys can't really do that though. It's a wonder they do those panels at all, given that the sort of people who go to those things to ask questions are basically all that guy.

Regina Fong on
  • TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    i watched the whole thing

never ask me to look at 2 girls 1 cup

but i can brave the most psychologically hideous vids on the net

i have practice

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
    edited October 2010
    I thought this was first-person perspective, Carrot. How does she know this guy is shrugging and shifting his weight through the telephone.

Sarksus on
  • Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    "Joanna?"
    "Hi, Max. What's up?"

The first part of the conversation seems to really serve no purpose. I'd rather hear more about their thoughts of their relationship than their friend's symptoms.

Well, normally Max would get a ride with Nina, since she's his sister, and Joanna would drive herself. I figure that Joanna would be concerned that her friend is sick, and want to know more. So that was my thinking there.

Captain Carrot on
    edited October 2010

Dude that's your sister.

Oh God that response
    :winky::winky:

Man I walked right into that one. Caught me slippin!

Godfather on
    edited October 2010
    I thought this was first-person perspective, Carrot. How does she know this guy is shrugging and shifting his weight through the telephone.

It's not a telephone, it's a video phone. Remember that Joanna's section is set in 2050ish.

Captain Carrot on
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2010
    you should ask joanna what she thinks

Nerdgasmic on
  • TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Ugh, just got home from a party and there's apparently some massive frat party going on right near my place and there's nowhere to park so I had to park like, 2 streets down. If it weren't for the epic amounts of slutty halloween costume ass I saw I'd be livid. Also, they are apparently giving cover charges to charity... so I'll tolerate the obnoxious DJ that I can hear all the way in my room.

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
    edited October 2010
    Are there ghosts or any otherwise paranormal elements in this part.

Sarksus on
    edited October 2010

It's not a telephone, it's a video phone. Remember that Joanna's section is set in 2050ish.

Shouldn't that be apparent from the scene then? It isn't.

Regina Fong on
    edited October 2010
    TehSloth wrote: »
    Ugh, just got home from a party and there's apparently some massive frat party going on right near my place and there's nowhere to park so I had to park like, 2 streets down. If it weren't for the epic amounts of slutty halloween costume ass I saw I'd be livid. Also, they are apparently giving cover charges to charity... so I'll tolerate the obnoxious DJ that I can hear all the way in my room.

Go get your freak on.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
    edited October 2010

I'm assuming that earlier in the book the video phone technology will be established.

Sarksus on
  • TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    ghosts actually decided to stop "bitching out about things" in 2039 and have since integrated well enough into society

no one ever talks about it or even cares

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
    edited October 2010

Stop being a loser and make a donation to charity!

Sarksus on
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Overlord still fun. Still fun.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
    edited October 2010
    I just laughed and the guy I work with said "what are you laughing at?" and I said, without thinking,

"Penny Arcade chat thread".

Then I froze.

He said, "Oh cool. I usually dont look at those boards."

He seems okay.

stevemarks44 on
  • TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010

Stop being a loser and make a donation to charity!

As much as I'd love to stumble over there my costume is incomplete/mostly non-existent at this point. I think I might pop out for a cigarette and see if I can socialize with anybody in the immediate vicinity.

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    My ear is all like irritated and crap.

Which irritates me.

This shit has been like this since January. WTF ear stop it!

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
    edited October 2010

I'm assuming that earlier in the book the video phone technology will be established.

Kinda. I'm explicitly not explaining future technology, because doing so breaks immersion. People don't say "Hey, let's go watch our 25" color TV."
    Not as far as I know.

Captain Carrot on
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2010
    those ghosts are pretty tricky, though

you never know when they might show up

Nerdgasmic on
    edited October 2010
    Even if you don't spend time on exposition explaining a piece of technology you need to give hints about its description or how it works so that the reader can learn about it as they read.

Sarksus on
    edited October 2010

Kinda. I'm explicitly not explaining future technology, because doing so breaks immersion. People don't say "Hey, let's go watch our 25" color TV."
    Not as far as I know.

That scene is anything but immersive. Are you including extensive footnotes at the bottom of each page so the reader has some clue as to what's going on?

Regina Fong on
    edited October 2010
    True, but this is not the first phone conversation in the section. I know I mention the screen in a later one, I'll have to remember to do so earlier as well.

Captain Carrot on
This discussion has been closed.