As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Outline making programs?

Ninja BotNinja Bot Registered User regular
edited January 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
Does anyone know of a free program that will allow me to easily make an academic outline, because Word is a bitch to create legible outlines in.

Ninja Bot on

• Options
    embrikembrik Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Ninja Bot wrote:
    Does anyone know of a free program that will allow me to easily make an academic outline, because Word is a bitch to create legible outlines in.

Actually, if you switch the view to Outline (from the View menu), it's pretty easy. Tab moves the outline in a level, and shift-tab backs out a level.

HOWEVER, I've never found a way to print them in outline form, so that definitely won't work for you if you want to print it.

After searching a bit, I haven't found anything freeware that looks any good, with the sole exception of a Sourceforge app called The Guide. It may not be quite what you want, but it's a start.

OR

Thinking back to my programming days, you might do fine with a nice programming editor, such as jEdit. That will let you work with nested documents easily, and they should print that way too.

embrik on
    "Damn you and your Daily Doubles, you brigand!"

I don't believe it - I'm on my THIRD PS3, and my FIRST XBOX360. What the heck?
  • Options
    supabeastsupabeast Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Try Inspiration, you can get it at inspiration.com. It's a weird sort of hybrid app that combines virtual index cards with a text-based outlining mode and the outlines can be dumped to word files. I use it any time I have to do serious academic research.

supabeast on