As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Gay Rights] Wyoming: What Republicans SHOULD be.

1575859606163»

• Orochi_RockmanOrochi_Rockman __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2011
    Exodus itself is a group that tries to turn gay people straight through therapy and the app, I suppose is just a quick reference that those poor fools who willingly subject themselves to that can use look up their erroneous research and bible versus.

Orochi_Rockman on
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2011
    How come it's always the Christian groups? And then when anyone says shit about Christianity it transforms into "OMG PERSECUTION!!!1"
    They wield the most power by a large margin. Jews would likely be the next group, but they don't seem terribly outspoken about this stuff. I dunno if that's specific to religion, the views of the Jewish congresspeople, the group as a whole being too small or a combination of everything.

I'm sure if Muslims held similar numbers as Christians, they'd pound the drum just as hard. But Keith Ellison, who's not even a fundie, can't say a word without people dogpiling on him. So it's going to be a Christian "thing" as far as the LGBT fight in the US is going to play out.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Saint MadnessSaint Madness Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Saint Madness on
    edited March 2011
    What an ass. There's no reason to keep people from marrying just because it's been appealed. Also, one of us should probably make a new thread.

Orochi_Rockman on
  • InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    On a funny note, I've never bothered to search Santorum name before. I knew the definition and who was, but never bothered to see the effects of the google bomb.

Searches related to Santorum

miserable failure

:lol:

Invisible on
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    What an ass. There's no reason to keep people from marrying just because it's been appealed. Also, one of us should probably make a new thread.

There's sort of a reason, I guess. I didn't read the 9th Circuit's reasoning, but if Walker is overturned then CA will still have the 18,000 (i think) gay couples who got married while it was legal and can't get remarried if they divorce. If they let gay marriages go forward during appeal, and then Prop 8 got upheld, the people married during that period would either join the 18,000 or they'd be on even more questionable legal ground. Doesn't really surprise me that they wouldn't want to have these weird marriage categories floating around.

KalTorak on
  • SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    How come it's always the Christian groups? And then when anyone says shit about Christianity it transforms into "OMG PERSECUTION!!!1"
    They wield the most power by a large margin. Jews would likely be the next group, but they don't seem terribly outspoken about this stuff. I dunno if that's specific to religion, the views of the Jewish congresspeople, the group as a whole being too small or a combination of everything.

I'm sure if Muslims held similar numbers as Christians, they'd pound the drum just as hard. But Keith Ellison, who's not even a fundie, can't say a word without people dogpiling on him. So it's going to be a Christian "thing" as far as the LGBT fight in the US is going to play out.

Jews, by and large, don't give a shit. Except for the Orthodox, which are pretty much fundamentalists, so no surprise there.

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

Actually keeping a law on the books while its pending appeal is pretty standard.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    edited March 2011
    Well fine, doesn't mean I have to like it.

Orochi_Rockman on
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    Rorus Raz wrote: »

Jews, by and large, don't give a shit. Except for the Orthodox, which are pretty much fundamentalists, so no surprise there.

and the Orthodox, as a minority of a minority, have very little power in the US.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Part of the reason Jews are so tolerant is that their religion is set up in such a way where they really don't give a damn what non members of the faith do.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.